• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
aiw1198
Okay, I decided to do an analysis on the OP as a way to get more involved with the board more. Here we go. Sorry for sentencing errors. I will continue tomorrow with the rest.
Betternet Roster
  • He begins his leak with no reasoning for credibility which makes him both lack, because of his lack of reasoning, and gain reliability, because of his 'bravery' (if that's the word). Overall it doesn't help his case but it doesn't act as much of a liability.
  • Next he has the supposed final roster and layout. This, I think, does nothing to support him or cause issues.
EDIT: BluePikmin11 has pointed out that only 3 lines is rather unlikely for such a large roster.

However it contains 'safe' picks: Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Krystal, Mii and Pac-man (and possibly Takamaru). However, it has a bolder claim of Chrom and Lucina which, although appearing in a previous leak(s), is not as supported as Chrom being alone. Palutena is also on the list before the supposed leak which lends credibility (however she may be an assist trophy but more points suggest her being playable because of "seperate fingers")​
  • Then there are the 4 cut characters: Ike, Lucas, Wolf and Snake. All four had already been suggested as cuts in previous "leaks" with the reasoning being each are clones/semi-clones of Marth, Ness and Fox/Falco, respectively, and Snake being cut because he is owned by Konami while having other issues. This causes slight problems due to similarities with other leaks but it is likely this will turn out and may be just simply a shared idea.
EDIT 2: Redmagpie93 has identified that since Sakurai has said in interviews that he is planning to put in as many veterans of the Smash Universe as possible which harshly disproves the idea of characters being solidified as cuts this early. This may also mean this would be wrong also because that technically means that Melee characters should be coming back also and yet there is no mention of any Melee cut otherr than Mewtwo​
  • Clarifications:
    • Mewtwo's final smash being neither Mega Evolution and instead being Psycho Break. This is unlikely due to the amount of publicity both Mega Evolutions got and how Generation VI is ilikely going to be prominent in the game however he can't be disproved because of such because he did not provide unreasonable reasoning (or any reasoning at all for that matter which causes problems with wether or not this should be believed even if he stated this at the start).
    • Pokemon Trainer now no longer controls his original pokemon but it is not specified who replaces them which lowers his credibility because of how he knows all of the roster and yet simply cannot expand upon a character (and only chooses to leak certain info).
    • Pac-man at E3 was already a popular claim since Leaky3 and Ganondorf has also been speculated to appear at E3 in many leaks also (however I'm unsure wether it was prior to this leak)
  • Regarding Chrom and Lucina, he goes into great detail about them suggesting they are near completion and should be expected soom which lends credibility since it lines up witb the rumoured FE newcomer to coincide with FE's anniversary. Krystal, however, he knows very little about meaning she's in need of more work. This bullet is both speculation and analysis.

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Why is this thread so big?
lotsa fake 'leaks' to post or debunk, and the thread hasn't needed restarting because while occasionally straying towards social thread territory, its been well moderated and trollers ignored and/or banned :joyful:

D

Deleted member

Why is this thread so big?
Because people have an insatiable lust for info that will not be quenched until we get something that we have not learned from Sakurai himself.
In layman's terms, "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ give LEAKS". That clear it up?

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Okay, I decided to do an analysis on the OP as a way to get more involved with the board more. Here we go. Sorry for sentencing errors. I will continue tomorrow with the rest.
Betternet Roster
  • He begins his leak with no reasoning for credibility which makes him both lack, because of his lack of reasoning, and gain reliability, because of his 'bravery' (if that's the word). Overall it doesn't help his case but it doesn't act as much of a liability.
  • Next he has the supposed final roster and layout. This, I think, does nothing to support him or cause issues. However it contains 'safe' picks: Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Krystal, Mii and Pac-man (and possibly Takamaru). However, it has a bolder claim of Chrom and Lucina which, although appearing in a previous leak(s), is not as supported as Chrom being alone. Palutena is also on the list before the supposed leak which lends credibility (however she may be an assist trophy but more points suggest her being playable because of "seperate fingers")
  • Then there are the 4 cut characters: Ike, Lucas, Wolf and Snake. All four had already been suggested as cuts in previous "leaks" with the reasoning being each are clones/semi-clones of Marth, Ness and Fox/Falco, respectively, and Snake being cut because he is owned by Konami while having other issues.
  • Clarifications:
    • Mewtwo's final smash being neither Mega Evolution and instead being Psycho Break. This is unlikely due to the amount of publicity both Mega Evolutions got and how Generation VI is ilikely going to be prominent in the game however he can't be disproved because of such because he did not provide unreasonable reasoning (or any reasoning at all for that matter which causes problems with wether or not this should be believed even if he stated this at the start).
    • Pokemon Trainer now no longer controls his original pokemon but it is not specified who replaces them which lowers his credibility because of how he knows all of the roster and yet simply cannot expand upon a character (and only chooses to leak certain info.
    • Pac-man at E3 was already a popular claim since Leaky3 and Ganondorf has also been speculated to appear at E3 in many leaks also (however I'm unsure wether it was prior to this leak)
  • Regarding Chrom and Lucina, he goes into great detail about them suggesting they are near completion and should be expected soom which lends credibility since it lines up witb the rumoured FE newcomer to coincide with FE's anniversary. Krystal, however, he knows very little about meaning she's in need of more work. This bullet is both speculation and analysis. [/spoilers]
it's the cuts that break it for me, not that I feel certain there won't be a few but with Sakurai saying his goal is to add as many in as is feasible rather than choose who NOT to add, with this in mind Betternet having pre-chosen cuts as early as that just seems to lose it's plausibility for me

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Well, we get new info in less than 7 hours, so that lust for info should have less followers. Or more. Or about the same.

Why doesn't Sakurai just tell us everything once it gets finalized (i.e. the roster)? That would save a heck of a lot of BS from being tossed around the Internet.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
edit: sorry for the double post, was trying to edit my previous post and I hit the wrong button. Please understand.

Last edited:
NNID
aiw1198
it's the cuts that break it for me, not that I feel certain there won't be a few but with Sakurai saying his goal is to add as many in as is feasible rather than choose who NOT to add, with this in mind Betternet having pre-chosen cuts as early as that just seems to lose it's plausibility for me
Perfect point to make. May I add that in an edit? I'll credit you of couse
Oh yeah, I think the 3 row roster is unlikely, that should be a flaw regarding the Betternet roster.
I added that in an edit and credited you, is that okay

NNID
aiw1198
Well, we get new info in less than 7 hours, so that lust for info should have less followers. Or more. Or about the same.

Why doesn't Sakurai just tell us everything once it gets finalized (i.e. the roster)? That would save a heck of a lot of BS from being tossed around the Internet.
He knows it would lose hype if everything's all been revealed and that there'd be no surprise or excitement when it comes out.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Guys? We had another leak. Surprisingly not at Gamefaqs, but submitted to @ SSB4Dojo SSB4Dojo . http://ssb4dojo.tumblr.com/post/81226263194/sunday-rumor-mill-smash-bros-wii-u-hints There's the link.

Details don’t matter, but my kid brother is sick and so he and I recently got the opportunity to play the new Smash Brothers for the Wii U thanks to some charitable donations and good people at Nintendo. It wasn’t a complete version, obviously, and I signed a non-disclosure saying I wouldn’t reveal anything specific about it, but I don’t see why I can’t drop a couple of fun hints for the other fans out there. And your tumblr was my favorite place to keep up on Smash news and analysis so here ya go!

* None of the original 8 characters are solo-stars for their series anymore.

* None of the unannounced newcomers I saw have been in only one game.

* Size doesn’t matter in the Smash Brothers Universe.

* A surprising newcomer makes an appearance who has never been seen full-body before.

* Ice Climbers aren’t the only team character anymore.

* There’s still another surprising “WTF” character to be revealed.

* There are no characters sharing the same final smashes this time around (except transformation/team characters).

* Third party characters earn that title by having three parties.

Again, the game wasn’t complete and I think they’re working on adding in more characters, items, and stages than what I saw, but I didn’t want to give away too much anyway. It’s so much more fun to get surprised on that first time you sit down to play … but suspense-building hints make the wait more fun too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Here's the text of that 'SickBrother DojoTumblr leak': EDIT: NINJA'D :-P
Details don’t matter, but my kid brother is sick and so he and I recently got the opportunity to play the new Smash Brothers for the Wii U thanks to some charitable donations and good people at Nintendo. It wasn’t a complete version, obviously, and I signed a non-disclosure saying I wouldn’t reveal anything specific about it, but I don’t see why I can’t drop a couple of fun hints for the other fans out there. And your tumblr was my favorite place to keep up on Smash news and analysis so here ya go!

* None of the original 8 characters are solo-stars for their series anymore.

* None of the unannounced newcomers I saw have been in only one game.

* Size doesn’t matter in the Smash Brothers Universe.

* A surprising newcomer makes an appearance who has never been seen full-body before.

* Ice Climbers aren’t the only team character anymore.

* There’s still another surprising “WTF” character to be revealed.

* There are no characters sharing the same final smashes this time around (except transformation/team characters).

* Third party characters earn that title by having three parties.

Again, the game wasn’t complete and I think they’re working on adding in more characters, items, and stages than what I saw, but I didn’t want to give away too much anyway. It’s so much more fun to get surprised on that first time you sit down to play … but suspense-building hints make the wait more fun too.

Last edited:
I think they’re working on adding in more characters, items, and stages than what I saw
A line like that is a critical blow to any rumor, for me. What it really means is that if a character is announced who wasn't in the rumor, then the rumor is not instantly invalidated. They can recover with "there could be more characters than what I saw."

A genuine leak is not going to try to pre-emptively apologize or cover its tracks, imo.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
A line like that is a critical blow to any rumor, for me. What it really means is that if a character is announced who wasn't in the rumor, then the rumor is not instantly invalidated. They can recover with "there could be more characters than what I saw."

A genuine leak is not going to try to pre-emptively apologize or cover its tracks, imo.
Did state it was an incomplete, y'know. And there's plenty of invalidating points other than that pre-emptive apology.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
He was trying to hint too hard at Ridley but he managed to state that a Yoshi's Story character that makes an appearance in more than one Yoshi game. Somehow I doubt someone like Shy Guy or any other Yoshi character (apart from Yoshi himself) will be added into the game.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
He was trying to hint too hard at Ridley but he managed to state that a Yoshi's Story character that makes an appearance in more than one Yoshi game. Somehow I doubt someone like Shy Guy or any other Yoshi character (apart from Yoshi himself) will be added into the game.
Wouldn't that be someone like Kamek?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Mmm, seems plausible (considering the mentioned NDA policy), but leaks that state general information are usually playing it safe by being as non-specific as possible...

Good: implies Ridley, bad: may or may not imply no Lip, implies Pac-Man.

Did state it was an incomplete, y'know.
Precisely my gripe. Too many rumors are trying to cover themselves by saying "there might be other characters," something a genuine, confident leaker wouldn't say. "The build was incomplete" just goes along as a corollary.

And there's plenty of invalidating points other than that pre-emptive apology.
Indeed, though it would be a waste of finger dexterity to type everything that's wrong with that rumor.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Precisely my gripe. Too many rumors are trying to cover themselves by saying "there might be other characters," something a genuine, confident leaker wouldn't say.

Indeed, though it would be a waste of finger dexterity to type everything that's wrong with that rumor.
I mean, ways that can prove it wrong with future updates I mean, but sure, go right ahead and point the flaws out. At least this is better than the crap leaks we HAVE been getting.. and has us put on thinking caps.

NNID
aiw1198
Who are the original 8 then. As in which characters because I only know the 12 but doon't know who was unlockable (so basically I'm guessing the original 8 would be the 12 subtracting the 4 unlockables).

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Who are the original 8 then. As in which characters because I only know the 12 but doon't know who was unlockable (so basically I'm guessing the original 8 would be the 12 subtracting the 4 unlockables).
It is Mario, Link, Samus, Yoshi, DK, Pikachu, Fox and Kirby. Only Yoshi has only 1 charater and Samus (Metroid) has only 1 roster spot but 2 characters.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
"Sakurai and the Smash team have taken the most ambiguous character [Villager] in Nintendo’s repertoire"
I thought that title belonged to Mr. Game & Watch?

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
It is Mario, Link, Samus, Yoshi, DK, Pikachu, Fox and Kirby. Only Yoshi has only 1 charater and Samus (Metroid) has only 1 roster spot but 2 characters.
Then there's the unlockables: Luigi, Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff.

Last edited:
NNID
aiw1198
I'm probably going to assess this rumour as well tomorrow then
obviously ridley
he's too big to fit his whole body on the screen
Three possible hints at ridley?!
  • Size doesn't matter in the Smash Bros. Universe blah...
  • Every original 8 will have 2 representatives blah... - Metroid has one unless ZSS counts
  • Not all their body has been seen blah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom