1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Discussion in 'Super Smash Bros. for Wii U General Discussion' started by IsmaR, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IsmaR

IsmaR #Flare Blitzkrieg

• Premium
    Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
    3DS FC:
    3179-6068-0031
    NNID:
    Super_Sand_Lezbo
    This thread is primarily for the discussion of potential rumors and leaks that have surfaced around the internet and the greater Smash community. However, the discussion of creating fake leaks and rumors to spread to other forums/sites is discouraged. Discussing the leaks creation, spreading the leak out, and potentially having it come back to Smashboards makes this community look bad. If you want to create a leak, discuss it privately via PM or make sure that any relation between the leak and Smashboards is removed.

@BKupa666, @Curmudgeon, @N3ON, @GreenReaperGod, @APC99 and @Groose helped compile these leaks
    KEY:

• GREEN - Confirmed true
    • RED - Confirmed fake
    • YELLOW - Special cases
    • DEFAULT - Pending confirmation
    Live Leaks
    Leaks which have yet to be disproven

Sal Romano / Gematsu Leak #1 (06/10/13)

RosalinaX Leak (03/05/14)

Sal Romano / Gematsu Leak #2 (04/08/14)

Palutena Leak (1/22/14)
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. IsmaR

IsmaR #Flare Blitzkrieg

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    3179-6068-0031
    NNID:
    Super_Sand_Lezbo
    Dead Leaks
    Leaks which have been disproven

WiiLuvU Leak (Aug. 2013)
    GaeozHero Leak (2/1/14)
    Diddy/Dedede Leak (1/2/14)

Halibuton Leak (Dec. 2012)
    InfiniteGTX Leak (June - Aug. 2013)
    Neogaf E3 Unknown Leaker (6/10/13)
    Occopicus Leak (1/3/14) - Admitted Fake
    Reddit Leak
    Sound Guy Leak (2/2/14)
    Translator Leak (1/10/14)
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  3. IsmaR

IsmaR #Flare Blitzkrieg

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    3179-6068-0031
    NNID:
    Super_Sand_Lezbo
    Dead Leaks (continued)
    "ChaosZero/Brawl-era Leaker" Leak (1/19/14)

E. Gadd Leak (1/28/14)

Jumpman Leak (12/9/13)

Neoseeker Leak #1 (1/15/14)

NotSakurai Leak (1/3/14)

Chrom Leak (3/31/14)
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. TaichiYaegashi

TaichiYaegashi Smash Journeyman

3DS FC:
    1435-4712-5995
    NNID:
    Tarou_Sado
    I'd love for everything said to be true but I'm not going to get myself too hyped since the legitimacy is very questionable. If that paragraph about the next character reveal was true and it's proven eventually that a lot of characters will be revealed to hype up the release of a new game, we would be waiting for roughly 2 and a half months which to me doesn't seem likely. I'd think we'd at least get a new character reveal in a month and a half after Olimar's reveal.

Edit: Curmudgeon ninja'd me, interesting about the Pokémon event. I'm still not getting my hopes up too much whatsoever. Prove me wrong though, please, I wouldn't mind. :p
    Curmudgeon likes this.
  5. ToasterBrains

ToasterBrains Needs a Dr. Pepper

• Premium
    NNID:
    ToasterBrains
    I'll be happy just as long as Mewtwo is playable. The dual form playability sounds interesting.
  6. TewnLeenk

TewnLeenk BRoomer

• Back Roomer
    3DS FC:
    2878-9590-5262
    NNID:
    LinkHat

I always get super hyped up and excited whenever I see rumours like this, but then 3 days later a new thread is posted saying that the previous rumour was fake and its feels like a kick in the ol' nutsack of my hype.
  7. shinhed-echi

shinhed-echi Smash Master

Ideas sound nice, but I think it's a lot more work to have Break the Targets for each franchise.

I mean... Sakurai had to work with 5 before, each for every difficulty level
    Now he'd had to work with:
    Mario
    Zelda
    Star Fox
    Kirby
    Kid Ikarus
    Donkey Kong
    Pokemon
    Other

8 at the very least. Too much work. I personally don't mind one per difficulty level, if anything, I like comparing which characters do better at what Break the Targets stage.
  8. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Smash Ace

Well now that they got rid of the SSE, they should have more time to work on many BtT stages
    ITALIAN N1NJA likes this.
  9. shinhed-echi

While that makes sense, don't forget they're working on TWO separate Smash Bros. Other than Battlefield and Final Destination, I'm almost sure the stages will be completely different from Wii U to 3DS.

But I do think having no SSE means a lot less resources/time/etc on that... (However there's also the fact that Adventure Mode will return either way... And again, maybe the stages for Wii U and 3DS respective Adventure modes could be different).

*overheats*
  10. ---

3DS FC:
    1719-3728-6991
    NNID:
    Tryphen
    Well I would hope that these rumors are true, especially the latter, but I'm not holding my breath after the last one. Either way we'll find out on whether or not he's telling the truth when the Dojo updates with the next confirmed character.

EDIT: As a note though, the Tokyo Pokemon Game Show is in Mid August.
  11. Quilt Reversal

Quilt Reversal Screw u, brandumb

• Premium

The next confirmed character doesn't prove anything he has said. The only acceptable evidence that most things he says is true is that it will come to pass. We would have to see Mewtwo in both forms, and so forth.

As a note, if enough people make enough predictions, one of them is bound to be correct.
    CrusherMania1592 and Mr. Mumbles like this.
  12. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Smash Ace

I wonder what Pokémon rep will be the one revealed (if this rumor is true of course). Maybe Pokémon Trainer? He seems like the only possible choice.
    Maffewt likes this.
  13. soviet prince

soviet prince Smash Champion

I would not mind if the rumor is true I just don't want him to reveal to much in advance, I want reveals to be spaced out a little to help kill time
  14. ImaClubYou

ImaClubYou Smash Lord

3DS FC:
    3453-9816-8856
    NNID:
    ImaClubYou_Louie
    Sounds cool. Idk, though. These guys are always so sketchy with their ramblings.
  15. IsmaR

IsmaR #Flare Blitzkrieg

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    3179-6068-0031
    NNID:
    Super_Sand_Lezbo
    This all sounds like stuff I wouldn't mind, but it's all so generic "could be right, could be a little wrong" that it doesn't seem legit.

The Pokemon getting the next revealed character bit proves this, considering the current "trend/idea" is that they'll reveal characters to hype/sync with game releases, Pokemon X/Y in this case. I'm not saying it wouldn't prove this, but seems like a fallback statement.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  16. Hippopotasauce

Hippopotasauce Smash Lord

NNID:
    Hippopotasauce
    My uncle is Nintendo and I can confirm that Naruto and Avatar will be unlockable characters in Smash Brothers 4
  17. Rosalina

Rosalina That One Member.

My grandmother's cat is Namco Bandai AND Nintendo. I can confirm he is in fact right.

It's a really fat cat.
    Viceversa96 likes this.
  18. Eternal phoenix Fire

Eternal phoenix Fire Smash Hero

19. Swampasaur

Swampasaur President Ivysaur and Vice President Charizard!

• Back Roomer
    3DS FC:
    4141-2776-0914
    NNID:
    Swampasaur

Well. The rumor is possible. We can't prove him wrong and we can't prove him right.

I guess we just have to wait and see.
  20. Rosalina

My issue is. He tries to make it sound as if the next Pokemon rep will be someone we're going to be excited about.

But other than Jiggly and potentially Pokemon Trainer. There's really no one from Pokemon I'd expect to get in other than Mewtwo.

I'd be surprised if the Pokemon roster wasn't anything else other than Pikachu, Jigglypuff, PT, and Mewtwo. I think the only change is that PT might have new Pokemon?
    Dark Phazon likes this.
  21. Swampasaur

Swampasaur President Ivysaur and Vice President Charizard!

• Back Roomer
    3DS FC:
    4141-2776-0914
    NNID:
    Swampasaur

No Lucario?

PT better not have new pokemon...

I want my Ivysaur. :ivysaur:

Really though, we can't do much until the next character update. That will show if he's right or wrong.
  22. Rosalina

I'm operating under the assumption that Lucario would be replaceed with Mewtwo.

That's probably a wrong assumption, but what the hell. :laugh:
    Dark Phazon likes this.
  23. Priap0s

Priap0s Smash Journeyman

As someone who haven't played the latest pokemon games: Why would Lucario stay?
    Is he like the most popular pkmn from the latest games? I didn't even know about Lucario before seeing him in brawl. If Mewtwo get in I think it seems weird that Lucario would stay. Can't realy make them clones either if Mewtwo is already going to have the ability to swith between speed/power-mode. But yeah, if Lucario is a super popular character I understand. So, is he?

edit: Ofcourse, if the rumour is true, he could just have missinterpreted his friend. The friend might just have said the "mewtwo/Lucario"-thing to not confirm or leak that Lucario is getting cut. Even thou he is.
  24. Wariofan1

Wariofan1 Smash Hero

3DS FC:
    3668-8628-9446
    NNID:
    MasterOfKnees
    Doesn't sound like anything unbelievable. I'm not really sold that this guy knows anything though, the "I have a friend who works for X" thing never works out to my experience, he's just predicting obvious things like Mewtwo, Break the Targets, Events and Little Mac.

I do however hope that the next character revealed is a Pokémon character like he says, that'd obviously mean the reveal of Pokémon Trainer, given that Jiggs and Mewtwo are most likely unlockable, and Lucario surely isn't as high on the priority list as he is. Pokémon Trainer is one of the characters I'm the most hyped about seeing, can't wait to see how each Pokémon looks.

Lucario is more or less a promotional Pokémon. He was never close to being as popular as Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard, and it can be argued whether he's even on Jigglypuff level. However, he was and is still used heavily for promoting things for whatever reason.
    CrusherMania1592 and SpaceJell0 like this.
  25. Amazing Ampharos

Amazing Ampharos Balanced Brawl Designer

Here's what I don't believe about this. If his friend really did work on the development team, why would he be cryptic about what's in the game while still leaking stuff, implying he knows more than he's letting on? If you're caught leaking, you're going to lose your job regardless so if you're going to leak, you might as well leak all out. This guy also specifically said that he's not responding to any responses which makes badgering him fairly useless; his justification is kinda hilarious since really not giving replies allows him to avoid having to defend himself and possibly compromising his own credibility.

As per everything he said, all of it was plausible insofar as guessing is concerned; it could all be true, and he could still be a liar. He's not going to answer anything we say so we might as well just carry on as though we didn't have a "leak" at all. I mean, we already thought all of those things might or might not be true, and now we know they might or might not be true. What has changed?
  26. Vintage Creep

Vintage Creep Smash Master

NNID:
    VintageCreep
    He says that it wasn't an in-person conversation, but then he says "judging by his tone"... I don't know. Anyway, the info is so generic and obvious that I don't really care.
  27. FalKoopa

FalKoopa Blue and Green Magician

• Back Roomer

As always: Treating it as BS until proven.

But still, it's one of the few rumours which I want to be true.
  28. Dark Phazon

Dark Phazon Smash Master

RealTalk - Best post on this topic.

Lol at 24 Guests viewing...these Trolls are starving !!!
  29. Superyoshiom

Superyoshiom Smash Master

NNID:
    Superyoshiom
    The source said Mewtwo's still in development, so maybe the new character reveal is Jigglypuff with new fairy type moves from X and Y. Maybe Jiggly will be available from the start of the game, like Ness and C. Falcon were available at the start of melee.
  30. Dark Phazon

Dark Phazon Smash Master

Not giving creds or kneeling down to give a BJ to the leaker or anything but.

Didnt Sakurai or Ninty say that GameFreak are abit of a b_tch to work with? I dont get why...they both make a tone of ££££ and release games pretty often...and have been doing so for years..they are a huge chunk of Nintys gold mine..you woukd think that they would have a healthy working relationship...but hey...i dont know the in's and out's..so yh....

What if Sakurai is really on the idea of Mewtwo but GameFreak says No....

XD im just pouring Fuel over fire arent i...well Its negative but could happen...man that would be ....speechless RealTalk.
  31. BKupa666

BKupa666 Moderator

Ordering you to SEIZE the Coconut, you lunkhead!
    So, basically, whether or not Pokemon Trainer is revealed next will determine this leak's legitimacy (since a newcomer and probably Mewtwo would get trailers and Jigglypuff/Lucario are unlockables). Part of me wonders whether the order of character updates can change around and ruin an accurate leak, but since he says they're all scheduled by now, that probably won't happen. Bring on August!
  32. ToasterBrains

• Premium
    NNID:
    ToasterBrains
    In order for this rumor to be true, all cases within it must be true. Not any of this "oh it partially came true so it must all be true" bull that you guys tried to do with the Little Mac, Pac-man, and Mii rumor.

The next revealed character must be a Pokemon character, Little Mac must be in the game, and there must be reliable proof (including being shown as playable directly) that they are/have been working on Mewtwo and his other form being playable.
  33. SpaceJell0

SpaceJell0 Smash Ace

3DS FC:
    0104-0342-5999
    NNID:
    SpaceJell0
    I agree with everyone here, he's only predicting the obvious and very likely. With the Pokemon event coming mid-August, of course they're going to reveal a Pokemon character!
  34. ToasterBrains

• Premium
    NNID:
    ToasterBrains
    My intuition tells me you're all wrong about a Pokemon character being revealed mid-August. It makes too much sense.
    Also Murphy's Law. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. Just like this prediction.
  35. legendofrob1

legendofrob1 Smash Hero

3DS FC:
    1908-0357-9077
    NNID:
    Legendofrob1
    probably my favorite rumor so far.

laughing at miis and Pac Man? YES.
    little mac? OH YEAH.
    Lucario still in? BEST THING EVER!
  36. Ulevo

Ulevo Smash Master

Coming from someone who had Pokemon Trainer as his favourite low tier in Brawl, I kinda hope they don't include Pokemon Trainer going forward. There were too many design problems he suffered with, and even though I think Sakurai is taking the game in the correct direction, I'm concerned it won't be done right a second time.
    Kirbunny431 likes this.
  37. shinhed-echi

I'm not sure I understand this. What do you mean him "going forward". You mean chasig after the action? I still think that was a nice detail. As well as giving him a platform to stand on in places where there are no platforms in the background for him to stand on. :3

EDIT:

Just hoping it's Pokemon Trainer so at least I have a 2nd confirmed veteran that I like.
  38. BluePikmin11

BluePikmin11 Smash Legend

If this is true, then no more implementing Zoroark into the game :(
  39. Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime Smash Ace

This is actually a contradiction. Notice the date that he wrote the this presumed rumor: 6/20, which means that the first character that was revealed was not a Pokemon. It was Olimar. Also this is an old rumor and is somewhere else on the forums.
    Kapus and DakotaBonez like this.
  40. ToasterBrains

• Premium
    NNID:
    ToasterBrains
    June 20th? More like July 19th.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.