• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be cynical and say a demo is super unlikely, because aren't those released only a couple months before release? It would certainly be amazing and hype building, however.

Direct soon = yes please.
So the mario kart and DKC TF demos never existed because they were out almost a year before the game was released?

gurtbilbo

Smash Rookie
Hey I've been a lurker for too long, thought I'd jump in.
There have been a few leaks claiming that the unlockable characters won't be revealed until after the games release, assuming these leaks are legit do we assume that all characters we know of so far are on the starting roster? Because the 24 characters we know of seems too many to start with in my eyes, I'd rather unlock more and we are also going to see more characters revealed adding to the starting roster.. lame

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There have been a few leaks claiming that the unlockable characters won't be revealed until after the games release, assuming these leaks are legit do we assume that all characters we know of so far are on the starting roster? Because the 24 characters we know of seems too many to start with in my eyes, I'd rather unlock more and we are also going to see more characters revealed adding to the starting roster.. lame
Well Melee had a starting Roster bigger than the whole roster of the last game and Brawl's starting roster was almost as big as Melee's whole one so it's likely the trend will continue.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Nah, some of these are probably going to be unlockable, like Luigi, Rosalina, Little Mac, Marth, Lucario, Toon Link, Sonic, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer

gurtbilbo

Smash Rookie
Well Melee had a starting Roster bigger than the whole roster of the last game and Brawl's starting roster was almost as big as Melee's whole one so it's likely the trend will continue.
Yeah I see that happening but I think I would enjoy it more if you had to unlock a good majority of the roster and in ways similar to melee rather than brawls methods

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
What makes you think all the newcomers will be locked? Brawl had a good few newcomers in the starting roster
Lol, I didnt put Villager in that list. Him, and maybe WFT, but Megaman for sure, since he is third party, and I expect Rosalina to be unlockable, because Mario Peach and Bowser are starter characters.
EDIT- I feel like Little Mac will be unlockable too, but thats just the way I feel

Last edited:

gurtbilbo

Smash Rookie
Lol, I didnt put Villager in that list. Him, and maybe WFT, but Megaman for sure, since he is third party, and I expect Rosalina to be unlockable, because Mario Peach and Bowser are starter characters.
EDIT- I feel like Little Mac will be unlockable too, but thats just the way I feel
Ahh yeah I keep forgetting about that little creep! You're making sense really but that would mean some future newcomers would have to be starters

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ahh yeah I keep forgetting about that little creep! You're making sense really but that would mean some future newcomers would have to be starters
Of course, I dont see why not. However, this doesnt have to be true. SSB4 could have a small amount of starter fighters so that we can unlock the rest for fun.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
.....did the people on here forget to read the full post cause it seems like they are just clicking links and reacting thanks to the "offical" site leak

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Very well done fake. Sad some people are taking this as real since there's so much that proves it fake already.

But seriously, we've been in a character drought for too long now if you ask me.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Of course it could just be they're reacting to the idea of playable Nester.

Kuroda

Smash Rookie
can't wait to see what April 1st will dump on us in regards of extra fake leaks.....

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The real final nail in that Nester page's coffin is the fact that, if you click any other character's page, Nester's page maaaaagically disappears.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Someone posted this on gamefaqs just now and it scared the living S*** out of me.:dizzy::eek:

http://www.smashbros.us/us/characters/nester.html

Yes, it's fake.
That character model has super creepy eyes, but I remember Nester from back in the day, and that page made me laugh and smile a lot. Call me crazy, but he definitely sounds like an oddball addition Sakurai might go with. xD

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Damn... I really think nesters a cool character choice and to see people put him in as a "joke" kinda irks me cause if R.O.B. can happen Nester certainly could

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
While I am sure there will be a direct in April, the "gamexplain leak" doesn't mean there will be direct next week. Nintendo sometimes just brings people to play their games. This happened with Tropical Freeze too, but there wasn't a direct the week after.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpeoJEIjg0Q Look at the date of that video. It was posted on Jan 20, but a Direct happened in Feb 13.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Where do the real leakers even get their hands on this information? The only thing I can think of is someone at Nintendo violating an NDA.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Where do the real leakers even get their hands on this information? The only thing I can think of is someone at Nintendo violating an NDA.
Most of them just seem to be wishlists disguised as the final roster. As much as... certain groups... would like Krystal in the game, I just can't see her being more than maybe an Assist Trophy.

Of course, leaks can be accurate while seeming faked, just look at Chaos0. (Personally I'm hoping the GaoezHero leak turns out that way because of the whole Ms. Tetris/Lip thing, but I'm selfish.)

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My eyes are literally bleeding from the uncanny valley... I just can't unsee it. What the heck is a Nester anyways?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That nester leak is quite good. Whoever made it went through lot to create it. He would be an interesting character to see. But now I am getting hyped as to what will happen on the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom