• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Well people here are typically nerdy and genuinely unfunny so memes replace their ability to reciprocate situational humor. I imagine they are the only ones who laugh at their jokes.
Ah, I see; in the absence of creativity, they to resort to referential humour. Since many are lacking real-world friends, this also helps them to maintain a sense of camaraderie with others who are in on the joke.

In the words of Jean Luc Picard, "facepalm.gif"

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Ehh.. Some speculation here but, the "2 out of 3" rumor and the rumor about two upgraded ATs may mean that Issac is in.

>"Please add Geno, Issac, and Mega Man, Sakurai!"
>"2 out of 3"
>Mega Man reveal at E3 2013
>Little Mac reveal
>"2 ATs got upgraded to characters"
>Issac was an assist trophy like Little Mac
>Geno, Issac, and Mega Man are playable
Even though people have already said it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38221475&postcount=5322

All because f-zero hasnt had a game in over a decade? K.
Doesn't mean anything--and what about Jigglypuff? And it doesn't mean it's ok to hope that the characters aren't in the game. It's one thing to be able to coop with the characters not being in the game, but to HOPE that characters other may enjoy are not in the game is a d*ck move. Why would you even hope for that?

I hope I win the lottery one day

I hope I get accepted to UC Berkeley

But you are hoping for characters to not be in a game? **** that, I'm not gonna pull a punch and sugar coat a statement that is clearly bull****.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Two things: Was reading something about a removed GameXplain leak? What was it?

And another, I don't believe in the 2/3 leak, but tweet counts can be buggy at times so the number staying the same doesn't mean much IMO. It still probably isn't true, and even so Isaac still has a good chance to get in.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
All because f-zero hasnt had a game in over a decade? K.
Well F-Zero hasn't but Cap Falcon had Twister Race on Nintendo Land, was playable (EDIT: to be clear I understand it was a costume but point stands) in Tekken Tag Tourney 2 (both on WiiU) and then also pops up on 3DS in the form of an Animal Crossing Item and a Mii Plaza costume. There's also been the VC launches on WiiU of the original F-Zero as well as Max Velocity (on 3DS too) so not like they've abandoned the character or series entirely

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
The ATs rumour is just kinda likely. Makes sense that characters that Sakurai thought important enough to include as ATs in Brawl are important enough to be characters in Smash 4.

Isaac, Barbara, Lyn, Ray, Saki, Tingle or an Advance Wars rep. One of those is probably going to be playable. It's just really likely.

NNID
aiw1198
Does anyone remember the Mewtwo leak that was debunked because of Pikachu's pose being similar or a replication (if that's the word) to one seen in a PotD. Well, I believe it had a nighttime Battlefield setting but has that been officially shown or was there some sort of flaw in how the nighttime version may have been made (e.g. through photoshop)

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Well F-Zero hasn't but Cap Falcon had Twister Race on Nintendo Land, was playable in Tekken Tag Tourney 2 (both on WiiU) and then also pops up on 3DS in the form of an Animal Crossing Item and a Mii Plaza costume. There's also been the VC launches on WiiU of the original F-Zero as well as Max Velocity (on 3DS too) so not like they've abandoned the character or series entirely
He wasn't playable but there was a Captain Falcon costume.

TropicThunder21

Smash Rookie
Does anyone remember the Mewtwo leak that was debunked because of Pikachu's pose being similar or a replication (if that's the word) to one seen in a PotD. Well, I believe it had a nighttime Battlefield setting but has that been officially shown or was there some sort of flaw in how the nighttime version may have been made (e.g. through photoshop)
I believe it was also debunked because the Mewtwo model was found on the vault, but don't quote me on that.

NNID
aiw1198
Warning Received
Two things: Was reading something about a removed GameXplain leak? What was it?

And another, I don't believe in the 2/3 leak, but tweet counts can be buggy at times so the number staying the same doesn't mean much IMO. It still probably isn't true, and even so Isaac still has a good chance to get in.
The ATs rumour is just kinda likely. Makes sense that characters that Sakurai thought important enough to include as ATs in Brawl are important enough to be characters in Smash 4.

Isaac, Barbara, Lyn, Ray, Saki, Tingle or an Advance Wars rep. One of those is probably going to be playable. It's just really likely.
WHAT IS THIS "2 ASSIST TROPHIES" LEAK PEOPLE SPEAK OF??

'Tis speculation, mate.
Ah, I see :)
I believe it was also debunked because the Mewtwo model was found on the vault, but don't quote me on that.
Oh, that makes sense too but anything on the setting??

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner

Out of all of those Saki makes the most sense. Sakurai then stated on brawls dojo that he fit in put just wasn't playable

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
What about Marth and Toon Link? Sonic?

Luigi's not the only unlockable character that's been shown.
Indeed it has been a long time since I have played a game of Smash Bros where I had to unlock the characters, but I was stating that Captain Falcon, Ness, Luigi, and Jigglypuff were all hidden characters in the first game. I forgot that Captain Falcon and Ness were added as starters in melee while Jigglypuff and Luigi remained hidden characters, and finally they all back as hidden in brawl.
Now going along with the fact that for the most part they remained as hidden characters throughout the series, I believe that they will all remain that way until release, Ignoring Luigi due to the fact that they already announced him for the year of Luigi (and Sakuri said he would not normally show him that early), one can assume that by the way he said it that the others will remain that way at least until launch. At least that is my interpretation of his quote from that day.
The only reason why I think it is just them as apposed to Toon Link or Marth, is simply because they are not the staple hidden characters of the series.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I wonder if we are going to get Mii announced in the next direct with the announcement of Tamodachi in English.
I hope not. I could see them getting in, but if Miis are in the game and if they have customizable movesets, people will only want to use them instead of the rich and diverse rest of the cast. Because why play as someone boring like Sonic or Ridley when you can engage in wish fulfillment and beat up Bowser with your very own hands (sort of)?

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
On the Wii U shop, it says 'Villains have over taken the shop!'

The villains featured are:
Bowser
Ganondorf
Wario
Dr. Wily
and
Ridley

So, Ridley is definitely not forgotten about and seems to be treated better than other Nintendo villains... Pls Ridley, this time pls.

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
On the Wii U shop, it says 'Villains have over taken the shop!'

The villains featured are:
Bowser
Ganondorf
Wario
Dr. Wily
and
Ridley

So, Ridley is definitely not forgotten about and seems to be treated better than other Nintendo villains... Pls Ridley, this time pls.
It's not that he is forgotten about, Its that Sakurai has the final say unless Nintendo steps in and tells him that Ridley HAS to be in the game so there's that...

But we should also take note that this did happen and it might mean something for smash or other games

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Going along with the villain theme that is on the e-shop it would be awesome, & strange, if on the last day of March he announced a couple of the remaining know villains; i.e. Ganondorf, Wario, and/or Wolf.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The only game that Ridley has in this villain deal is Metroid 1 (at least, on the 3DS, anyway), where Mother Brain could've been chosen as well, since it's the final boss.

Then again, Ridley is much more prominent than Mother Brain, so yeah, don't read into it too much.

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
The only game that Ridley has in this villain deal is Metroid 1 (at least, on the 3DS, anyway), where Mother Brain could've been chosen as well, since it's the final boss.

Then again, Ridley is much more prominent than Mother Brain, so yeah, don't read into it too much.
On the Wii-U Villain shop there is also the Super Metroid game up on there, so it is not alone. I suppose they could have also put something for the Metroid Fusion that is coming to e-shop soon, but oh well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh my gosh what if the next direct showcased all those villains. Imagine it starts like a regular direct then the lights to out and I ways screams. Then the lights come on and all the Villains are all there. This time we would like to do something different. We are running the direct. First we have a special look at super smash bros also know as super smash villains. Cue trailer for their characters. Then they show off games staring them. This is how April's direct should to.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
On the Wii-U Villain shop there is also the Super Metroid game up on there, so it is not alone. I suppose they could have also put something for the Metroid Fusion that is coming to e-shop soon, but oh well.
Well, that game still ends with Mother Brain.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure it's just because Ridley is more prominent to the series as a whole.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So guys, regarding the GameXplain leak about upcoming information next week, I was watching their Mario Golf discussion, and Andre, one of the GameXplain staff, apparently played the game as well as a whole bunch of other Nintendo titles at an event that Nintendo invited him to. He mentioned how although Kirby Triple Deluxe was there, he didn't play it since he already had the Japanese version and wanted to focus on other games. So besides Mario Golf, what else could be focus on? I think MK 8. He said that GameXplain was going to provide a whole bunch of coverage next week... So I'd say there is quite a possibility of a direct this coming week.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
So guys, regarding the GameXplain leak about upcoming information next week, I was watching their Mario Golf discussion, and Andre, one of the GameXplain staff, apparently played the game as well as a whole bunch of other Nintendo titles at an event that Nintendo invited him to. He mentioned how although Kirby Triple Deluxe was there, he didn't play it since he already had the Japanese version and wanted to focus on other games. So besides Mario Golf, what else could be focus on? I think MK 8. He said that GameXplain was going to provide a whole bunch of coverage next week... So I'd say there is quite a possibility of a direct this coming week.
Link to it?

What exactly happened with GameXplain, I missed it all

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If it's a worldwide Direct which it should be as they usually happen once every two months, then it'll definitely focus on Mario Golf and MK8. It's not likely to show Kirby, unless they cross over to an American rep because it's already out in Japan.

Other games that could be focused on are:

Hyrule Warriors
Yarn Yoshi
Bayonetta 2
Sonic Boom
NES Remix 2
X
GBA releases

Rosalina was revealed in line with a MK8 trailer, but LM was revealed without one. It's hard to say what, if any, newcomer will be revealed because they don't necessarily have to tie in with anything.

I hope the Direct comes soon, there's not many upcoming games announced right now. I know Nintendo are working on a lot, and saving some for E3... but a new game announcement would be excellent.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait a sec. Andre from GameXplain played Smash apparently?

If so, this ought to be interesting, although I doubt it was any significant version we'd get lots of new info from. It'd kind of spoil some things if there wasn't an NDA, and if they're just talking about it...hmm...

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Wait a sec. Andre from GameXplain played Smash apparently?

If so, this ought to be interesting, although I doubt it was any significant version we'd get lots of new info from. It'd kind of spoil some things if there wasn't an NDA, and if they're just talking about it...hmm...
I have a feeling next month will be big for Smash Bros..i expect three charcters to be annouced in April one of them being a newcomer. Maybe they might even reveal that a Smash Bros Demo is coming...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope so although I am betting a direct on the first with a joke character as the newcomer.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So I guess Everything Points to a Direct very soon? That's just awesome. And a Demo would be just Amazing, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom