• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

emk9

Smash Rookie

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
So, this isn't it then. Seemed unlikely when i found it, since it had so many things right and was edited yesterday, but it was worth a shot.
I'm sure we would have found it long ago had it been real. People have been searching through this thread for quite some time now, plus it's obvious when nobody in the thread seemed to reply or make note of it, even some pages after.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I asked a gamestop employee if gamestop employees have inside info , he said no we just sell games. Does these conferences reveal info not released to the public would they risk leaks? Also does your friend claim to know the release date is nov. or is it just a geuss?
As someone who worked at GameStop for six years, I can confirm this. They used to give employees early information about games or systems coming out, but the problem is most of those employees are part-time workers, and those workers would immediately post all this secret information online. I can't count how many times I saw some new marketing come in to our store that had details nearly a week or two early about something coming out, and had specific instructions all over it to not reveal or talk about said material until a specific date, and I'd go home from work and see pictures of that poster all over Joystiq and Kotaku and IGN, courtesy of some employee and their cell phone camera.

Because of these employees, the higher ups at GameStop determined that employees couldn't be trusted with time-sensitive materials, as it always got leaked out. So they didn't give us early info any longer. They haven't for the past few years. Now they ship stuff out so it comes the day before an announcement or, at most, two days before. That way if it leaks, it's no big deal.

tl;dr version: GameStop employees aren't going to know anything you don't about new info. Ever. They get their information the same way you do.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Is this the Cucco leak everyone was talking about?
Nah, this was edited to look this only recently. I really don't think there ever was one. We've searched every post in this thread, and although everybody seems to remember a conversation about this leak occurring it's just not there to back it up. I think we've all gotten out hopes up a bit on this one.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ultra Machine? The baseball shooting/batting toy made in the 60s?

Um... What?

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Nah, this was edited to look this only recently. I really don't think there ever was one. We've searched every post in this thread, and although everybody seems to remember a conversation about this leak occurring it's just not there to back it up. I think we've all gotten out hopes up a bit on this one.
I'm going through the last of the pages now, the 'missing Cucco leak' is nowhere.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So I saw some people on neogaf arguing about what a "safe pick" is.

Gaise, what is a "safe pick?"

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Ultra machine is very "R.O.B."

people really didn't think R.O.B. was plausible... also they thought they meant the R.O.B. from star fox but the toy was discussed as well which everyone thought was "unlikely"...

though now some "fakers" are trying to "call" the next R.O.B....i feel like WFT might already be this gens R.O.B. just revealed earlier so we aren't all pissed like last time.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Ultra machine is very "R.O.B."

people really didn't think R.O.B. was plausible... also they thought they meant the R.O.B. from star fox but the toy was discussed as well which everyone thought was "unlikely"...

though now some "fakers" are trying to "call" the next R.O.B. though i feel like WFT might already be this gens R.O.B. just revealed earlier so we aren't all pissed like last time.
I've said this before and I'll say it again: Prior to being shown as a generic Subspace enemy, R.O.B. was by far the most popular pick for a WTF character. Because of his enemy status, everybody assumed it was a complete disconfirmation.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've said this before and I'll say it again: Prior to being shown as a generic Subspace enemy, R.O.B. was by far the most popular pick for a WTF character. Because of his enemy status, everybody assumed it was a complete disconfirmation.
R.O.B still wasn't popular at all, WTF characters in generally weren't, many people still disliked G&W at the time. R.O.B was still super obscure.

A character a lot of people consider to have a high chance of making it in I guess, like Little Mac before his announcement, or currently Palutena.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Hey guys, I went to Gamestop at around 2:00 P.M today, and asked an employee if he had information about SSB Wii U abd 3DS. He told me that two weeks ago, a NINTENDO RRORESENTATIVE came in the Gamestop. The employee asked the Nintendo rep if she had info, and she, the Nintendo rep did! But, she was very secretive with the Smash info.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey guys, I went to Gamestop at around 2:00 P.M today, and asked an employee if he had information about SSB Wii U abd 3DS. He told me that two weeks ago, a NINTENDO RRORESENTATIVE came in the Gamestop. The employee asked the Nintendo rep if she had info, and she, the Nintendo rep did! But, she was very secretive with the Smash info.
Interesting piece of news.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
It was a Nintendo of America rep by the way, and she said that Smash info is being kept secret (unless sine info is leaked however)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

In this thread, it's a dog-whistle term for K. Rool and Ridley, because groups of people hate the idea of those two getting in before their beloved surprise choices.

In general, I'd say it pertains to obvious veterans (this includes Mewtwo), plus the newcomers already present in credible leaks (Pautena, Pacman, and Mii, and formerly Little Mac).

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I don´t think they will use a veteran to promote Smash Bros because is tied to Mario Kart, the only characters I see in a direct are new comers or special cases like third parties, so I don´t know if we should expect a new comer in this direct, maybe they are saving them for E3.
.n_n.
I guess I more meant to argue against there not being characters still not confirmed who could relate also to MK8.... not that I necessarily believed it would occur especially not with a trailer for 1st party veterans

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Ehh.. Some speculation here but, the "2 out of 3" rumor and the rumor about two upgraded ATs may mean that Issac is in.

>"Please add Geno, Issac, and Mega Man, Sakurai!"
>"2 out of 3"
>Mega Man reveal at E3 2013
>Little Mac reveal
>"2 ATs got upgraded to characters"
>Issac was an assist trophy like Little Mac
>Geno, Issac, and Mega Man are playable

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ehh.. Some speculation here but, the "2 out of 3" rumor and the rumor about two upgraded ATs may mean that Issac is in.

>"2 out of 3"
>Little Mac reveal
I dont follow....

Shin F.

Smash Master

>"2 out of 3"
>Little Mac reveal
As much as I'd like Isaac, I'm pretty sure the 2 out of 3 rumor was fake.

Last edited:
NNID
aiw1198

>"2 out of 3"
>Little Mac reveal
Wait, wasn't the "2 out of 3" rumour fake because of some analysis of the tweet counts (according to SmashWiki). Unless this is speculation...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom