• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Its kinda like, if they made a smash bros with every character anyone would ever want, who else would add into the next installment?
Goku, obviously.
Fire Emblem has only two reps in a ton of possible ones, Kid Icarus now has many reps possible, Golden Sun so far haven't got a single rep, Metroid only have one rep, for me Smash is FAR from covering all his important characters and/or other franchises.
Yes, but obviously not every important Ninty character will be in one single game.

There is just so much characters a fighting game can have without being completely unbalanced.

Last edited:

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
And actually, a list of newcomers not involving a FE character,
Goku, obviously.

Yes, but obviously not every important Ninty character will be in one single game.

There is just so much characters a fighting game can have without being completely unbalanced.
I'm aware of that, but I feel there is space for new movesets, still.

Characters like Isaac, who uses a mix between blade and magic, Dillon, who could mix guns and rolling schemes, a FE rep using a lance, could bring some freshness to the game. That's why I can't get this supposed leak, as he presents some nice characters, all right, but a newcomer list weaker than the past games.

Of course, IMO solely.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
How bout just make them a trio:

It makes them very unique and interesting, just saying.

Thanks!
A combination of Pokemon Trainer and Olimar sounds extremely messy and overly complicated if you ask me. Olimar is already a lot more complicated character than most, so I don't want to imagine the thought of like, three together at once.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A combination of Pokemon Trainer and Olimar sounds extremely messy and overly complicated if you ask me. Olimar is already a lot more complicated character than most, so I don't want to imagine the thought of like, three together at once.
It may look complicated, but I personally think he can do it. We shouldn't really bring the limitations into account.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
This talk about saving newcomers for future games is so nonsensical, they are making the best game possible now. I mean in your work you make a less impressive report now to make tomorow a better report? And them, whem you gonna stop to "save" your potential? Villager comes from a million seller franchise, Mega man is a huge fan request, Little Mac too. Rosalina and WTF adds diversity.

SSB4 Newcomers > Brawl in my opnion

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It may look complicated, but I personally think he can do it. We shouldn't really bring the limitations into account.
Ignoring any kind of limitation, I'd be interested in knowing how you would conceive of a Pikmin Captain Trio in a way that is both distinct in its own right, and distinct in regards to Olimar (i.e. if the Trio would be a clone, a luigified semi-clone, or something totally fresh despite the presence of Pikmin).

Because if such a Trio can't satisfy those two criteria, they aren't very much worth consideration as Newcomers.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Ignoring any kind of limitation, I'd be interested in knowing how you would conceive of a Pikmin Captain Trio in a way that is both distinct in its own right, and distinct in regards to Olimar (i.e. if the Trio would be a clone, a luigified semi-clone, or something totally fresh despite the presence of Pikmin).

Because if such a Trio can't satisfy those two criteria, they aren't very much worth consideration as Newcomers.
Well the idea behind Pikmin 3 is working efficiently to collect as much fruit as possible, to be effecient in Pikmin 3 is to command the 3 captains to divide and collect using your Pikmin. From a gameplay perspective, I think it makes more sense to have these three as a trio, I think there are ways to make them work:

-They could retain the same moves as Olimar.

-Each seperate captain could pluck up to 2 Pikmin (for balance purposes)

-When you throw Pikmin to the other captain, the Pikmin automatically follow the captain that's right near them.

-Like in Pikmin 3, you are able to throw the captains too, although they don't have as much range as the Pikmin, they can be thrown in the air and can attack opponents automatically when near. They can also throw Pikmin depending on fast you switch between them.

-I propose that the taunt buttons could have the captains switch to which captain you want to play as. The left button to switch to Alph, up to switch to Brittany, and right to switch into Charlie.

-When you have all Pikmin and Captains with you, the range of the Pikmin Chain is incredibly buffed.

-And of course, they exclusively use Flying and Rock Pikmin.

This is only a mere small concept to what I think the trio could be like, it's pretty complicated, but I think it can work.
Being a trio, automatically makes them very unique.
But were kinda getting off topic. :p

Wut.

I've been gone for a couple hours. What's with Pokemon Trainer and Olimar?
They're making a tag-team?
Nope, we were talking about the Pikmin 3 trio.

...Who leaked this? And wouldn't they just be Olimar, only just three iterations of him?...

Sorry, haven't been on in a while.
There was no leak at all involving them. :p

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Being a trio, automatically makes them very unique.
But were kinda getting off topic. :p

Nope, we were talking about the Pikmin 3 trio.

There was no leak at all involving them. :p
I would leave this on your profile but yeah. Dude that avi suits so so.... well. to a T.

Anything PC pikmin related I can safely discard as false. I don't think we're getting another Pikmin playable character, a trio of captain's is just trying to hard if you ask me.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228

I had a pretty good idea for this, actually. You have each of the three with the same moves, but they move independently. When you switch, they move in and out of the background. This allows you to set up combos by placing them in strategic locations.

Then, you mix up their moveset a bit to distinguish them from Olimar.

Edit: Remove their upB recovery, then the switch mechanic becomes the recovery, with a maximum of two uses.

Edit edit: To prevent things from getting too busy, remove Olimars main mechanic to pull Pikmin from the ground, base their moveset around temporary Pikmin swarms that disappear when the move finishes.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Anything new here? Any recent developings regarding the Palutena leak?
Well, a user named ErenJager posted a seemingly believable leak about him playing a private demo of Smash 3DS with his brother at a Donkey Kong demo event in Toronto on the 16th. In it, he posted that Megaman's FS is the Rush Armour upgrade and that the Villager's FS is bees. Oh, and he says that other people who were supposedly at this private demo session have said that they saw Palutena as an Assist Trophy but he himself didn't see her. He also says that he saw Skull Kid and Waluigi as ATs and that they didn't have outlines like the actual fighters. As for the Palutena picture leak, there's no new developments.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Well, a user named ErenJager posted a seemingly believable leak about him playing a private demo of Smash 3DS with his brother at a Donkey Kong demo event in Toronto on the 16th. In it, he posted that Megaman's FS is the Rush Armour upgrade and that the Villager's FS is bees. Oh, and he says that other people who were supposedly at this private demo session have said that they saw Palutena as an Assist Trophy but he himself didn't see her. He also says that he saw Skull Kid and Waluigi as ATs and that they didn't have outlines like the actual fighters. As for the Palutena picture leak, there's no new developments.
Interesting. If those two FS reveals turn out to be true, we could have a rather interesting situation regarding Palutena.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Interesting. If those two FS reveals turn out to be true, we could have a rather interesting situation regarding Palutena.
To me, what casts real doubt over this leak's validity is that the Palutena picture leak contradicts what he says about ATs having no outlines (I'm more inclined to believe that leak than this latest one as the picture leak has yet to be competely debunked).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Also these are two of the new leaks:

http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392599636/1-40
Looking at the final character list, these are the newcomers: Rosalina, Mega Man, Little Mac, WFT, Villager, Palutena, Mii, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Prince Sable, Dixie Kong, and Ghirahim. Mewtwo is back.

http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392651721/1-40
I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Wait, people think Geno is likely?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...a one off character in a series with tons of games...and would be the 6th Mario rep? Haha no.
I agree, Geno will never be in Smash, if anyone from the Mario series has the honor of being the 6th rep, it's either Daisy (assuming she becomes a main character in the main series again, and not just used for spinoffs), Waluigi (same as Daisy more or less used for spinoffs, if he gets a main role in either a Mario or Wario game then maybe), or Toad who's probably the best choice to be the 6th rep (however since he's still stuck being Peach's bodyguard that's not going to happen).

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I agree, Geno will never be in Smash, if anyone from Mario has the honor of being the 6th rep, it's either Daisy (assuming she becomes a main character in the main series again, and not just used for spinoffs), Waluigi (same as Daisy more or less used for spinoffs, if he gets a main role in either a Mario or Wario game then maybe), or Toad who's probably the best choice to be the 6th rep (however since he's still stuck as being Peach's bodyguard that's not going to happen).
It's not like they can't just have Alfonzo take his place in her lady parts.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It's not like they can't just have Alfonzo take his place in her lady parts.
We have a winner! Although that would be hilariously be out of place and character for Alfonzo.
"When Toad joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of guarding Peach"
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me"

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
We have a winner! Although that would be hilariously be out of place and character for Alfonzo.
"When Toad joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of guarding Peach"
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me"
Ooh I know
"When Toad joins the battle, Ridley is the disappointment to fans!"
Peach: "It's too big!"

Gaxel

Smash Ace
When Ridley is being played as in pyrosphere, Alfonzo takes his place as a space pirate dragon!
"Leave it to me!"

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The ErenJager and the Palutena pics leaks contradict eachother since the erenjager guy said that AT's have no outlines. I believe that a leak that has been around for weeks and has yet to be disproven (and they are PICTURES which are usually very quickly disproven) is far more believable than a typed leak with no evidence other than the Donkey Kong event actually happening.
Btw I'm new here so hi everyone!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The new 4chan leak with the newcomers actually seems beleivable except for Ghirahim. Personally I'd rather have Vatii. but the inclusion of Ghirahim kills it for me.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Everyday I think "Most of this speculation is pointless....BS guessing and grasping at straws galore.....but it's SSsssooooooo much fun to do it"

I love/hate you guys!
^w^

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
This talk about saving newcomers for future games is so nonsensical, they are making the best game possible now. I mean in your work you make a less impressive report now to make tomorow a better report? And them, whem you gonna stop to "save" your potential? Villager comes from a million seller franchise, Mega man is a huge fan request, Little Mac too. Rosalina and WTF adds diversity.

SSB4 Newcomers > Brawl in my opnion
SSB4's newcomers excite me a lot more so far as 4 out of 5 come from franchises completely unrepresented in Smash. I hope Sakurai keeps that trend up. SSB4 is his big chance to branch out and include new series, as most, if not all of the series already in Smash have sufficient representation.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
The new 4chan leak with the newcomers actually seems beleivable except for Ghirahim. Personally I'd rather have Vatii. but the inclusion of Ghirahim kills it for me.
I'd like to know why so many people are against Ghirahim so much. Ghirahim is much more recent than Vaati, and even though Vaati appears in more than one game, the majority of those appearances he's a giant floating eye in a cloud (a lot lik that Kirby enemy I can't recall the name of). I'd much rather a flamboyant Demon Sword Man vs. a Wizard who's part cloud

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Can't speak for others, but inclusion in but a single Zelda game when several other Zelda frontrunners are important across the entire series pretty much kills his chances for me.

You can never rule anything out when it comes to Sakurai, of course.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Didn't someone make a prediction roster and post it on this thread that was the exact same as the new 4chan leak (not the E3 one)?
I don't know, just seems a bit suspicious.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Okay, been seeing all the leaks, and decided to finally make a profile and confirm or deconfirm them. My long-time friend from college has some information he leaked me, and his source has asked to remain hidden, as he doesn't want any problems with the law.
-Palutena leak:
IS true 100%
-Demo leak:
Somewhat true, excluding palutena being an AT.
-E3:
Hard to say, lucky guess or not, but either way, all 6 are in!
New information:
Characters:
I know little about the roster except:
-All Brawl vets return, exclude Snake
-Chrom is indeed an AT, as a generic Avatar is a newcomer for fire emblem.
-Diddy and Dixie are a Tag-Team.
-Pacman is a newcomer, based on his looks from Pacman World 2, for example.
-Mii is in, with a moveset that is not customizable, but his FS goes with his color shirt.
Items:
New items I know of include:
-Burritos
-Zero-Gravity Boots
-Magnus is an AT
-Hawlucha is a new Pokemon, along with Gen VI starters and Xerneas, Zygarde, and Yvetal
Stages:
New Stages:
I only have one, based on the final battle of Kid Icarus.... and it is for Wii U AND 3DS.
Modes:
-Stage Builder is upgraded with plenty more backgrounds, lighting, and objects.
-Online is much better with host options, and private matches, along with custom matches.
-Break the Targets is back. As is Adventure, Classic, and Land the Platforms
Thank you, and goodbye! Feel free to ask questions.

He just posted that Ridley is a hazard, K. Rool is a boss, and Geno is a trophy and sticker.

Geno is a third party one-off.

That was quick. If it was someone from this thread who made this, absolutely pathetic.

Hehehehe Geno's not gonna be in the game.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to know why so many people are against Ghirahim so much. Ghirahim is much more recent than Vaati, and even though Vaati appears in more than one game, the majority of those appearances he's a giant floating eye in a cloud (a lot lik that Kirby enemy I can't recall the name of). I'd much rather a flamboyant Demon Sword Man vs. a Wizard who's part cloud
The thing about Ghirahim is that he is a one-off villain. So far Zelda characters in Smash have been recurring characters (and the three triforce holders). If they do add another Zelda character, I'd personally expect to see another recurring character like Toon Zelda, or Tingle.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The thing about Ghirahim is that he is a one-off villain. So far Zelda characters in Smash have been recurring characters (and the three triforce holders). If they do add another Zelda character, I'd personally expect to see another recurring character like Toon Zelda, or Tingle.
Isnt Shiek only in OoT?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oh boy. Let's just stick to leaks in this thread. but for a LOZ villain to be added I think Vaati would be better. His style fits with Toon link more so. But for a new LOZ character in general I'd add Tetra/ToonZelda. but lets save it for another thread.

Edit: With that being said. Seeing Ghirahim who was only in one game realy puts a damper on a leak for me. no matter how "cool" he was I just don't see it happening. Thats like them adding the tiki villain from DK Returns. You see? its just not going to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom