• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Just a note, this will be my last post for the day as I have quite a busy schedule. I will not be able to answer every question, but rather I will answer as many questions as I can per post. I will only be able to answer questions once or twice a day, but don't be surprised if I miss a day or two, because it is hard for me to find time to do this on the side. If I could tell you my position, I'm sure you'd be able to understand why. Here are a few more details:
  • Keep in mind that there is not a hint in every trailer and there can be multiple hints per trailer as well
  • Some of you are already on the right track
  • As for the secret characters, unfortunately, I can't reveal any more details about them yet
  • I will try to give more details about the game at least once a week
That's it for me for today, I hope you take into consideration the info which I have given you and I look forward to giving you more info that I hope will give you a better understanding of what's in the game.
Cool. Thank you for doing this, sir.

And I hope you rest those arms of yours. It wouldn't do if you strained them even more, given how severe your injuries are right now.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Just a note, this will be my last post for the day as I have quite a busy schedule. I will not be able to answer every question, but rather I will answer as many questions as I can per post. I will only be able to answer questions once or twice a day, but don't be surprised if I miss a day or two, because it is hard for me to find time to do this on the side. If I could tell you my position, I'm sure you'd be able to understand why. Here are a few more details:
  • Keep in mind that there is not a hint in every trailer and there can be multiple hints per trailer as well
  • Some of you are already on the right track
  • As for the secret characters, unfortunately, I can't reveal any more details about them yet
  • I will try to give more details about the game at least once a week
That's it for me for today, I hope you take into consideration the info which I have given you and I look forward to giving you more info that I hope will give you a better understanding of what's in the game.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Cool. Thank you for doing this, sir.

And I hope you rest those arms of yours. It wouldn't do if you strained them even more, given how severe your injuries are right now.
I get :D. See ya Xplizit..we will see if your rumours are true next time you appear..mark my words

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Yes they were more vocal. Whether Palutena is an assist trophy or not his story is fabricated. I sounds like such a troll thing to do to make a leak where a favorite character is an assist trophy. Also I would think that assist trophies either aren't in the 3ds version or are different from the Wii U version. So having Skull kid in the 3ds version is fishy to me.
Well, since Skull Kid was already on a console, maybe it'll be a upcoming Majora's Mask game..

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Villager's trailer show the Boxing Ring stage, maybe that is the hint. :smash:

I can't believe I am doing this, but I am re-watching the reveal trailer searching for hints/seecrets. :laugh:
Glad to know I'm not the only one doing this. I'm going to go crazy, but it'll be fun to overanalyze nonetheless. :laugh:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I've been looking at this picture of pyrosphere for weeks to see if that purple thing behind the blast from Dedede is Ridley's claw...
Any ideas?

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
I've been looking at this picture of pyrosphere for weeks to see if that purple thing behind the blast from Dedede is Ridley's claw...
Any ideas?

That "claw" is just a part of the lightning effect. You can see it on the other side of DeDeDe's hammer.
Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
But it's also being made for two platforms, one being a HD platform with much higher poly models than ever before. The director also has a serious injury in his arms.

July release is highly unlikely. If it does happen, then they must be one of the best dev teams in existence.
how so they had 2 years, there not making the next duke nukem like everyone thinks they are

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm kinda against Mii, but just as a thought, assuming the sitch has changed on costume customization, wouldn't this apply to the Mii? I mean, we've seen an example of it in Fortune Street with the outfit pieces you can earn.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
how so they had 2 years, there not making the next duke nukem like everyone thinks they are
It sounds like you both misunderstand why Duke Nukem Forever took...forever, and why I brought up the HD console point.

Nintendo has already admitted to "underestimating the difficulty of developing in HD". It's why we have droughts when it comes to Wii U games, and it's also why a lot of Wii U games see delays.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Just for interest xD
Mainly because the author didn't get to respond as it was deleted pretty quickly. I was typing when it was deleted.

I'm doubting the Eren leak is true, as none, including his brother, has posted yet.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
It sounds like you both misunderstand why Duke Nukem Forever took...forever, and why I brought up the HD console point.

Nintendo has already admitted to "underestimating the difficulty of developing in HD". It's why we have droughts when it comes to Wii U games, and it's also why a lot of Wii U games see delays.
If I remember correctly, that's what Namco is there for. Not to mention I believe there was a hiring spree late 2012 for the project, I think. I doubt we'll see it before E3, but August/September is highly possible (I just hope Sakurai doesn't kill himself over it).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only thing that makes me think we may get an August/September release is that it's been made clear that both versions aren't releasing at the same time. So they will likely space them out, and release the second version during October/November.

As for that Layton picture, I'm curious about the Japanese text. If anyone could translate, it would be much appreciated. If not, I know someone on another forum who may be able to help.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Once again, if they wanted a large opinion. They would've advertised all this. It just sounds too unrealistic of a reason.
Well I said random selectio of people, not large, but what kind of event was it (closed/open)? and how big was the venue?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I expect the WiiU version of the game Q3/Q4. Nintendo will probably want the 3DS version out for the holidays, but they absolutely have to create a significant buffer of time between the release of the WiiU version and the release of the 3DS version in order to drive WiiU sales.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why does everyone leave out that side scrolling Mario stage when looking for clues in stages? It could be confirmation for Racoon Mario for all we know.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Okay, been seeing all the leaks, and decided to finally make a profile and confirm or deconfirm them. My long-time friend from college has some information he leaked me, and his source has asked to remain hidden, as he doesn't want any problems with the law.
-Palutena leak:
IS true 100%
-Demo leak:
Somewhat true, excluding palutena being an AT.
-E3:
Hard to say, lucky guess or not, but either way, all 6 are in!
New information:
Characters:
I know little about the roster except:
-All Brawl vets return, exclude Snake
-Chrom is indeed an AT, as a generic Avatar is a newcomer for fire emblem.
-Diddy and Dixie are a Tag-Team.
-Pacman is a newcomer, based on his looks from Pacman World 2, for example.
-Mii is in, with a moveset that is not customizable, but his FS goes with his color shirt.
Items:
New items I know of include:
-Burritos
-Zero-Gravity Boots
-Magnus is an AT
-Hawlucha is a new Pokemon, along with Gen VI starters and Xerneas, Zygarde, and Yvetal
Stages:
New Stages:
I only have one, based on the final battle of Kid Icarus.... and it is for Wii U AND 3DS.
Modes:
-Stage Builder is upgraded with plenty more backgrounds, lighting, and objects.
-Online is much better with host options, and private matches, along with custom matches.
-Break the Targets is back. As is Adventure, Classic, and Land the Platforms
Thank you, and goodbye! Feel free to ask questions.

He just posted that Ridley is a hazard, K. Rool is a boss, and Geno is a trophy and sticker.

Geno is a third party one-off.

That was quick. If it was someone from this thread who made this, absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Okay, been seeing all the leaks, and decided to finally make a profile and confirm or deconfirm them. My long-time friend from college has some information he leaked me, and his source has asked to remain hidden, as he doesn't want any problems with the law.
-Palutena leak:
IS true 100%
-Demo leak:
Somewhat true, excluding palutena being an AT.
-E3:
Hard to say, lucky guess or not, but either way, all 6 are in!
New information:
Characters:
I know little about the roster except:
-All Brawl vets return, exclude Snake
-Chrom is indeed an AT, as a generic Avatar is a newcomer for fire emblem.
-Diddy and Dixie are a Tag-Team.
-Pacman is a newcomer, based on his looks from Pacman World 2, for example.
-Mii is in, with a moveset that is not customizable, but his FS goes with his color shirt.
Items:
New items I know of include:
-Burritos
-Zero-Gravity Boots
-Magnus is an AT
-Hawlucha is a new Pokemon, along with Gen VI starters and Xerneas, Zygarde, and Yvetal
Stages:
New Stages:
I only have one, based on the final battle of Kid Icarus.... and it is for Wii U AND 3DS.
Modes:
-Stage Builder is upgraded with plenty more backgrounds, lighting, and objects.
-Online is much better with host options, and private matches, along with custom matches.
-Break the Targets is back. As is Adventure, Classic, and Land the Platforms
Thank you, and goodbye! Feel free to ask questions.
Link?
Geno is an AT? Hmm. That makes me skeptical.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
How is knowing 6 newcomers, all brawl vets returning, Diddy and Dixie are a tag team, Pac-Mans appearance, and about the Mii's move-set "little" information about the roster?
It sounds like the guy was having way too much fun creating this one. At least he didn't give out a ton of information like a lot of the fakers seem to do, which makes it a little more believable. I would be fine if it were real though for what it's worth.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly. I'm not sure why everyone is so certain there's not a second Pikmin rep. The new Pikmin are nowhere to be seen and that gives Sakurai a chance to do a new character who is a semi-clone in that they operate similar to Olimar but they have the various other Pikmin in their moveset.

This is not something I'd put past Sakurai at all.
There's just not much to offer when it comes to the additional Pikmin captains. I don't think the flying and rock pikmin are enough. Considering every newcomer we've seen so far has brought interesting and new things to the table, I really doubt an Olimar-esque character would be at the top of Sakurai's priorities.

As a fan of the series myself, Pikmin, like F-Zero, Yoshi, Wario, and Animal Crossing are completely and utterly adequately represented with one character when it comes to Smash, under any circumstances.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
And all of the information is irrefutable and true, and sometimes if you believe hard enough the poster will send you fresh baked cookies to your door
This is why I believe every single leak including the ones that contradict each other. It's hard to get my brain to accept these things, but the cookies are just so **** good! Join me! The hype train has a tendency to crash into things, but man is the service amazing.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that makes me think we may get an August/September release is that it's been made clear that both versions aren't releasing at the same time. So they will likely space them out, and release the second version during October/November.

As for that Layton picture, I'm curious about the Japanese text. If anyone could translate, it would be much appreciated. If not, I know someone on another forum who may be able to help.
Well, all I know is that the top text is "Proffesor Layton" in japanese, but that's only because I was making some sprites for him.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Haha. Yes, because Sakurai is going to go through hoops to get Geno just to make him a trophy and sticker. If he's going to go through that much trouble to please Geno's fans. He's going to make him playable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There's just much to offer when it comes to the additional Pikmin captains. I don't think the flying and rock pikmin are enough. Considering every newcomer we've seen so far has brought interesting and new things to the table, I really doubt an Olimar-esque character would be at the top of Sakurai's priorities.

As a fan of the series myself, Pikmin, like F-Zero, Yoshi, Wario, and Animal Crossing are completely and utterly adequately represented with one character when it comes to Smash, under any circumstances.
How bout just make them a trio:

It makes them very unique and interesting, just saying.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom