• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I don't care so much about new info, but I would love elaboration on what you've already shared. How on earth are characters still in states of limbo at this point where they can be casually added or dropped as needed? That's ridiculously odd. How does your source know what Sakurai wants (about Pacman)? What do you mean that Takamaru "comes up pretty often"? Your source's info may be outdated? How are you connected to him and when did you get the info, and what about that makes you think it could be outdated? You first mentioned that you're unsure about Pacman, now you're saying you're 90% sure he's in, so it has to have been recent.
This guys is just not making any sense. Source may be outdated, yet claims to be up to date enough to reference to again when we ask for more info, characters are in limbo even though it's balancing time and the arc has surely been closed. The source is getting info from multiple people with conflicting views. What kind of BS is this? This is crazy.

Yet we have other sources being backed up by famous leakers that contradict what he says - "Mii never stood a chance." Yet was planned to be announced at E3. This is a joke. It's like he's saying any thing he can to create longevity.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Well, I for one like that leak because it stated that it would release in July. What I have a hard time believing, though, is that there would be a new Metroid game revealed in conjunction with the Ridley reveal when retro has already sated that they work on one project at a time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This guys is just not making any sense. Source may be outdated, yet claims to be up to date enough to reference to again when we ask for more info, characters are in limbo even though it's balancing time and the arc has surely been closed. The source is getting info from multiple people with conflicting views. What kind of BS is this? This is crazy.

Yet we have other sources being backed up by famous leakers that contradict what he says - "Mii never stood a chance." Yet was planned to be announced at E3. This is a joke. It's like he's saying any thing he can to create longevity.
I understand the concern, which is why I'd like to hear from him regarding his source(s) and how he's been using them, how characters are being developed that allows them to be added and dropped on a whim, why his sources are aware of what Sakurai wants, etc. Clarification never hurts.

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
At this point, I don't care so much about new info, but I would love elaboration on what you've already shared. How on earth are characters still in states of limbo at this point where they can be casually added or dropped as needed? That's ridiculously odd. How does your source know what Sakurai wants (about Pacman)? What do you mean that Takamaru "comes up pretty often"? Your source's info may be outdated? How are you connected to him and when did you get the info, and what about that makes you think it could be outdated? You first mentioned that you're unsure about Pacman, now you're saying you're 90% sure he's in, so it has to have been recent.

EDIT: It sounds like your source is hearing things from multiple people, then passing it onto you as one collective info dump.
Yes I would love to lol.

Pacman: Remember, I just started talking to him recently. Everything he has known, while news to me, he has already known for some time. I said I'm 90% sure he's in because that's just how I feel personally. I don't know anything lol. I think it is worth noting that characters and levels and etc get dropped in games all of the time. If the devs feel like the games is better without something then they will probably drop it. If Sakurai thought Pacman was a good idea but then saw that he didn't really feel like he brought as much to the table as he originally thought, then I don't see how it's so far fetched that he'd say "let's try again" or "no let's just drop it."

Yes, my source does have multiple sources. I've kind of alluded to this when I said it's just a case of him knowing people in the know. He usually checks between them all before declaring something to be true. This is why Takamaru isn't being confirmed just because one guy said so, because there is someone else saying that isn't the case. I think it's worth noting though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pacman: Remember, I just started talking to him recently. Everything he has known, while news to me, he has already known for some time. I said I'm 90% sure he's in because that's just how I feel personally. I don't know anything lol. I think it is worth noting that characters and levels and etc get dropped in games all of the time. If the devs feel like the games is better without something then they will probably drop it. If Sakurai thought Pacman was a good idea but then saw that he didn't really feel like he brought as much to the table as he originally thought, then I don't see how it's so far fetched that he'd say "let's try again" or "no let's just drop it."
If I can ask, what's his current "moveset"?
...Just curious...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yes I would love to lol.

Yes, my source does have multiple sources. I've kind of alluded to this when I said it's just a case of him knowing people in the know. He usually checks between them all before declaring something to be true. This is why Takamaru isn't being confirmed just because one guy said so, because there is someone else saying that isn't the case. I think it's worth noting though.
It's not so much the idea of him dropping characters that's unusual, since he has done that before, it's this idea you're perpetuating where he designs a character like Pacman almost to completion, then suddenly decides "Nah, they don't belong in the game, let's take them out." You'd think he'd just not design a character he weren't fully confident in their moveset in the first place.

And you still didn't touch on how your sources are familiar with Sakurai's thoughts about Pacman. The true leakers we've had in the past don't know anything about how Sakurai himself feels or thinks.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Idk, with Toon Link and Lucario, two characters that many had counted as cut fodder, confirmed to return, it's safe to say that other veterans with uncertain futures like Ike or ROB have a high chance to come back. Not guaranteed, but a high chance.

Also, page number 404.
:awesome:

EDIT: NO, MY JOKE IS RUINED! :cry:

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
sssshhhhhh. Just let me be optimistic :colorful:
I am, which is why I want delays (again) so they can fix everything up, add more, and give us a more full game.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather eat a fat chicken than a skinny one.
I wish we had that much sm4sh footage, it seems to be kept a lot more under wraps then brawl was.
I think we'll get a lot of Smash 3DS and especially Smash Wii U footage at E3 this year.
In my experience, this is the most optimal way to use a GC controller when playing Smash.
I wish I could "like" this post a trillion times.

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
It's not so much the idea of him dropping characters that's unusual, since he has done that, it's this idea you're perpetuating where he designs a character almost to completion, then suddenly decides "Nah, they don't belong in the game, let's take them out." You'd think he'd just not design a character he weren't fully confident in in the first place.

And you still didn't touch on how your sources are familiar with Sakurai's thoughts about Pacman.
Except you forget how characters haven't made it into smash games in the past. And I'm talking about one character, who is likely to get in anyway. They probably just wanted to make him more unique or something, but at the time he didn't work out like they thought he would. Which should be good that they would even be doing that if true. That they wouldn't lazily put in a character just because of their iconic status, give him/her a mediocre moveset and call it a day. But I'm one of those quality over quantity guys who would rather have a smaller character selection just to have the game more balanced so maybe that's why it sounds okay to me lol.

Anyway, my source doesn't know anything about Sakurai. I don't know anything about Sakurai or his thoughts. We just have to trust (or not trust) that the people he is getting this info from know what they are talking about.

Edit: Just think of somthing you wanted to make, and how awesome it seemed in your head until you actually made it. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Last edited:

Xplizit

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am here to give you info. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you, I am not going to try and convince you nor can I prove this info at the moment. Also, the position I am in does not allow me to give extreme details such as the full roster or anything along those lines. I will only be giving hints to things included within the game (Ex. no "*insert character name* is a playable character") This is simply some info I have heard that I hope will help better put you all in the right direction.
  • There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed
  • An unexpected character returns
  • The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"
  • It releases much sooner than expected
  • There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
  • There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")
That is all the info I have for now. I will be willing to take questions, but I cannot answer them outright. I will only be able to give hints as to there validity.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hello, I am here to give you info. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you, I am not going to try and convince you nor can I prove this info at the moment. Also, the position I am in does not allow me to give extreme details such as the full roster or anything along those lines. I will only be giving hints to things included within the game (Ex. no "*insert character name* is a playable character") This is simply some info I have heard that I hope will help better put you all in the right direction.
  • There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
  • There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")
That is all the info I have for now. I will be willing to take questions, but I cannot answer them outright. I will only be able to give hints as to there validity.
Well, this is vague.
Doubt it.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to know how/why your sources conflict with the leaks that are backed up by legit leakers? Such as Mii? You say it had no chance at all, but clearly according to the other leaker, that's not the case. Although this does not mean much (because we can have stages without characters) even the possibility of the Find Mii stage being a Mii stage is not looking good for your validity.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I actually like this vaguely mysterious "leak." No way to really debunk it anytime soon. Now I feel like watching the trailers over for secrets lol. No way to verify if any of this is true of course

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
*SIGH* Do we have a new retro character? If so, what era are they from?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just to clarify, you mean in the end of the character's trailer it hints something?
Samus is rolling in the end, Ridley confirmed? >.>

Could you give us a hint on who those secret characters are.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
  • There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer.
...this makes me want to go back to every trailer and look at it frame by frame now. I know Capcom did this with SFxT, but they failed to make it even the least bit hidden.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Just to clarify, you mean in the end of the character's trailer it hints something?
Samus is rolling in the end, Ridley confirmed

Could you give us a hint on who those secret characters are.
The first thing that came to mind for me was Tom Nook in the Villager trailer, Doc in the Little Mac trailer, I can't think of anything for the other two. I doubt these guys are actually playable though

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Welp, time for me to re-watch for the 100th time all the trailers (I have this weird obsession with every trailer and I watch them non-stop for like 2 days, before I even begin to think about being bored of them)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Easily the most vague leak I've ever seen. :crazy:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, I for one like that leak because it stated that it would release in July. What I have a hard time believing, though, is that there would be a new Metroid game revealed in conjunction with the Ridley reveal when retro has already sated that they work on one project at a time.
That is not true. It was said that Retro Studios is big enough to work on two projects now and that they were working on both Tropical Freeze and another unannounced game. Reggie also said we should expect news about the franchise soon, when they asked him about Metroid on the VGX event.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
So, that would proably be Roy, Pichu, Y. Link, or Dr. Mario.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
[sighs aggressively]

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Now I'd like to see how WFT's, Villager's, or Megaman's hint Rosalina. @-@
Villager's trailer show the Boxing Ring stage, maybe that is the hint. :smash:

I can't believe I am doing this, but I am re-watching the reveal trailer searching for hints/seecrets. :laugh:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Villager Trailer: Tom Nook (Reads The Letter Villager Drops, Plus He's Not In The New Smashville...)
E3 Trailer: Little Mac (Boxing Stage)
Mega Man Trailer: Takamaru (Emphasis on Ninja Stars [forgot their name])
Wii Fit Trainer Trailer: ???
Going to check out the others.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
What if they changed Young Link's moveset to be more like the Link between World Version
I havent played LBW, so I wouldnt really know whats going on

Villager Trailer: Tom Nook (Reads The Letter Villager Drops, Plus He's Not In The New Smashville...)
E3 Trailer: Little Mac (Boxing Stage)
Mega Man Trailer: Takamaru (Emphasis on Ninja Stars [forgot their name])
Wii Fit Trainer Trailer: ???
Going to check out the others.
The Villager Trailer is the E3 trailer.....

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm....

Villager: Boxing Ring? Little Mac.
Wii Fit Trainer: Not sure how her trailer could have a hint. There's not really anything in it beside the white room, Mario, Link, Kirby, and her game footage.
Rosalina: Luma? STARFY CONFIRMED FROM BEING DECONFIRMED. :troll:
Little Mac: They made sure to focus on the arcade machine. I know that Punch Out was an arcade game, but....Pac Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom