• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The focus on Little Mac's size on his reveal trailer is a big hint towards a certain big purple dragon, isn't it.

Mega Man's trailer: The big-ass moon hints Rosalina, since the moon is in the space, exactly like the queen of the cosmos. :troll:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Looking at the final character list, these are the newcomers: Rosalina, Mega Man, Little Mac, WFT, Villager, Palutena, Mii, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Prince Sable, Dixie Kong, and Ghirahim. Mewtwo is back.
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392599636/1-40
I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U.
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392651721/1-40

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That four chan leak is actually rather believable mostly. I gotta admit. The only thing that bugs me besides the release date is the fact there's not a new FE rep.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm.... Any character associated with big empty spaces on the cards?

Reila

That four chan leak is actually rather believable mostly. I gotta admit. The only thing that bugs me besides the release date is the fact there's not a new FE rep.
Now that would be unexpected, since everybody consider a FE newcomer essentially a shoo in.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
The best thing is the metal gear for Wii U. I think that this is much more exciting than snake in SSB4

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hello, I am here to give you info. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you, I am not going to try and convince you nor can I prove this info at the moment. Also, the position I am in does not allow me to give extreme details such as the full roster or anything along those lines. I will only be giving hints to things included within the game (Ex. no "*insert character name* is a playable character") This is simply some info I have heard that I hope will help better put you all in the right direction.
Alright then, I'll entertain the idea of this.

• There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed
This is pretty much a given when you consider how every Smash sequel has had a great expansion of new game modes.

• An unexpected character returns
This is entirely subjective. For example, a lot of people found Toon Link returning to be unexpected but I didn't. Depending on who you ask, this could be applied to anyone.

• The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"
It always is. Most "leaks" are basically just wishlists with one or two curveballs thrown in for good measure. With WFT, Villager, and Rosalina already in this roster, there isn't a shadow of doubt in my mind that this will be the case.

• It releases much sooner than expected
I still don't think a summer release is completely outside the realm of possibility, especially with the game recently hitting the two year mark in development.

• There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
This is what I call masterful trollmenship because something like this is going to trigger dozens of people to obsessively rewatch the trailers over and over again and go crazy over the smallest details. If this turns out to be true, I will applaude the developers for doing this because this would be a legendary easter egg that people would talk about for years to come.

• There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")
Again, another given.

That is all the info I have for now. I will be willing to take questions, but I cannot answer them outright. I will only be able to give hints as to there validity.
Spectacularly vague but a lot more interesting than a vast majority of "leaks" we've seen these past couple of months. 8/10.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Little Mac: They made sure to focus on the arcade machine. I know that Punch Out was an arcade game, but....Pac Man?
You know, I know it isn't much, but when the camera passes by the arcade machine in the trailer, you can hear something similar to "Shoryuken!"

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
How do they spread the word? Do they use gaming magazines, or do they automatically become popular on gamefaqs?
The internet is worldwide, so they have no problem posting such rumors on a gaming forum and letting the fire grow. People love to scavenge for this info and will find anything and everything

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just to go back to my previous point about Snake, I was reading the "Iwata Asks" interview for Brawl, and there is a whole section dedicated to talking about Snake and Sonic. In it, Sakurai says the following:

I’m glad everyone felt they could trust me. For my part, I have no regrets about incorporating Snake and Sonic into the game and I think their inclusion was well worthwhile.
So if this is anything to go by, Sakurai likely would really push for these characters even if there was difficulty getting them in the game.

EDIT:
Also, at the very end of the article, Iwata says:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is simply the point of connection for the development team, our contract staff, the characters and our players.
So the contract staff should not be viewed as the evil fun ruiners when it comes to character inclusions. The final part of the article emphasises that everyone working on the game was pretty much a player of the game as much as they were a part of staff.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I think there is potential for his moveset..but i hope we see Simon Belmont before Pac-Man. As for Pac-Man..hmm i am not 100% sure what his moveset will be
I think if Pac-man gets in, most of his moves would be taken from the 3 Pac-man World games (Pac-man World 3, would probably be the primary source of his moves, and then there's the game Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures (although I'm not sure if he has any fighting moves in that game).

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Looking back at the stage theory I posted yesterday, that might be the most reliable source for newcomers:

I decided to go in-depth! Feel free to critique it :D

Green = Confirmed
Yellow = Almost certain/Most likely
Gray = Not likely/Multiple choices

-Wii U stages-
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Skyloft - ??? (Ghirahim?)
Pyrosphere - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Ridley, Anthony Higgs or Adam Malkovich
Palutena's Temple - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Palutena
Garden of Hope - ??? (Alph?)
Animal Crossing - Villager
Wii Fit Stage - Wii Fit Trainer
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

Windy Hill - ??? (Tails, Knuckles or Shadow?)
Dr. Wily's Castle - Mega Man
Wuhu Island - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Mii
Battlefield - ??? (OC, maybe Tabuu?)

-3DS stages-
Arena Ferox - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Chrom, Lucina or My Unit

I guarantee you a Fire Emblem Awakening representative will be in this game because of Arena Ferox being from the game.

It feels like Sakurai is putting much emphasis on the stages foreshadowing what character will be revealed.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
New leak from our buddies on 4chan
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392651721
"I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U."
I'm pretty sure that's fake. I remember Sakurai saying somewhere that there would be no costume customization/creation.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looking back at the stage theory I posted yesterday, that might be the most reliable source for newcomers:

Green = Confirmed

-Wii U stages-
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Pyrosphere - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Ridley, Anthony Higgs or Adam Malkovich
Garden of Hope - ??? (Capt. Alph?)
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

-3DS stages-
Arena Ferox - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Chrom, Lucina or My Unit
Alph, not Louie, as much I want him in.

Last edited:

Reila

Green = Confirmed

-Wii U stages-
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Garden of Hope - ??? (Capt. Louie?)
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

-3DS stages-

It feels like Sakurai is putting much emphasis on the stages foreshadowing what character will be revealed.
Skyloft - Link, Zelda
Garden of Hope - Olimar and Pikmin
Windy Hill - Sanic
Battlefield - No one

Not every stage needs to be connected to a newcomer imo.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Green = Confirmed

-Wii U stages-
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Skyloft - Link
Garden of Hope - Olimar
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

Windy Hill - Sonic
Battlefield - Probably no one, like Brawl and every other Smash Bros

-3DS stages-

I made some adjustments

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly. I'm not sure why everyone is so certain there's not a second Pikmin rep. The new Pikmin are nowhere to be seen and that gives Sakurai a chance to do a new character who is a semi-clone in that they operate similar to Olimar but they have the various other Pikmin in their moveset.

This is not something I'd put past Sakurai at all.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Honestly. I'm not sure why everyone is so certain there's not a second Pikmin rep. The new Pikmin are nowhere to be seen and that gives Sakurai a chance to do a new character who is a semi-clone in that they operate similar to Olimar but they have the various other Pikmin in their moveset.

Well, a moveset off of Flying Pikmin and Rock Pikmin seems a bit farfetch'd but not impossible. Knowing Sakurai, it could easily be done.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Honestly that rumour is not unlikely if it wasn't for the game being released at July. If the game is coming out at July i bet there would only be 9 Newcomers..
the game has been worked on as long as brawl with a larger staff, so I dont see how you think will get that many newcomers if it released in july

Gaxel

Smash Ace

I think it's cause there are series that at least I believe, have a higher priority. I think Olimar/Pikmin pretty much represents the whole franchise.

Metroid, Kid Icarus and (not as much) Fire Emblem really need more representatives. I am really 50/50 Ridley will be in, 90% sure Palutena will be a playable character (if not, probably AT) and I'm certain there's a new Fire Emblem representative.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Yeah, but still. I find Olimar to have a unique playstyle, and I'm not sure how they could differentiate a second captain enough to warrant inclusion.

The Rock Pikmin would basically be heavier/stronger Purple Pikmin, and the Flying Pikmin would be weak, yet have aerial mobility. Other than this, and slight cosmetic/property alterations to tilts/smashes/aerials, how would a second captain be distinct enough from Olimar?

A trio of captains would be even more curious. Would it be some kind of Pokemon Trainer affair, in which you swap out captains, each of whom would possess slightly different attributes and properties? Sounds a bit awkward and redundant in theory, especially if the Pikmin themselves stay the same.

Last edited:

Xplizit

Smash Rookie
Just a note, this will be my last post for the day as I have quite a busy schedule. I will not be able to answer every question, but rather I will answer as many questions as I can per post. I will only be able to answer questions once or twice a day, but don't be surprised if I miss a day or two, because it is hard for me to find time to do this on the side. If I could tell you my position, I'm sure you'd be able to understand why. Here are a few more details:
  • Keep in mind that there is not a hint in every trailer and there can be multiple hints per trailer as well
  • Some of you are already on the right track
  • As for the secret characters, unfortunately, I can't reveal any more details about them yet
  • I will try to give more details about the game at least once a week
That's it for me for today, I hope you take into consideration the info which I have given you and I look forward to giving you more info that I hope will give you a better understanding of what's in the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
the game has been worked on as long as brawl with a larger staff, so I dont see how you think will get that many newcomers if it released in july
But it's also being made for two platforms, one being a HD platform with much higher poly models than ever before. The director also has a serious injury in his arms.

July release is highly unlikely. If it does happen, then they must be one of the best dev teams in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom