• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Its seems like the recent leaker (GameFAQS) decided to take bits out of the ErenJager leak and added his own bits of info on there. Other than that, I'll be taking that leak with a grain of salt as usual.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Apparently it was a deal that Geno was a sticker/trophy, and Cloud Strife will be the Third Party for Square Enix.

...Yeah, this is a complete load of crap.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
HAHAHAHA.

Cloud Strife?

I mean...sure in Playstation Allstars Remake or Sequel.

But Smash Brothers? Are you ****ting me?!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Wait, people think Geno is likely?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...a one off character in a series with tons of games...and would be the 6th Mario rep? Haha no.

Midge

Smash Apprentice

Okay, been seeing all the leaks, and decided to finally make a profile and confirm or deconfirm them. My long-time friend from college has some information he leaked me, and his source has asked to remain hidden, as he doesn't want any problems with the law.
-Palutena leak:
IS true 100%
-Demo leak:
Somewhat true, excluding palutena being an AT.
-E3:
Hard to say, lucky guess or not, but either way, all 6 are in!
New information:
Characters:
I know little about the roster except:
-All Brawl vets return, exclude Snake
-Chrom is indeed an AT, as a generic Avatar is a newcomer for fire emblem.
-Diddy and Dixie are a Tag-Team.
-Pacman is a newcomer, based on his looks from Pacman World 2, for example.
-Mii is in, with a moveset that is not customizable, but his FS goes with his color shirt.
Items:
New items I know of include:
-Burritos
-Zero-Gravity Boots
-Magnus is an AT
-Hawlucha is a new Pokemon, along with Gen VI starters and Xerneas, Zygarde, and Yvetal
Stages:
New Stages:
I only have one, based on the final battle of Kid Icarus.... and it is for Wii U AND 3DS.
Modes:
-Stage Builder is upgraded with plenty more backgrounds, lighting, and objects.
-Online is much better with host options, and private matches, along with custom matches.
-Break the Targets is back. As is Adventure, Classic, and Land the Platforms
Thank you, and goodbye! Feel free to ask questions.

He just posted that Ridley is a hazard, K. Rool is a boss, and Geno is a trophy and sticker.

Geno is a third party one-off.

That was quick. If it was someone from this thread who made this, absolutely pathetic.
Calling fake on this one too. I'm the only one who seems to prefer the Pac Man World 2 design...

But in all seriousness this sounds like something I would write (when it's not 2am... and doesnt sound like a cheesy spy movie... and without Lucina... :/)

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
I have to question as to why any sane person wants Geno playable. It ain't gonna happen, you can instantly deconfirm any rumour when it has Geno involved

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
[text leak on game faq, 2chan, etc.]
Smashboards: Hahaha, likes that's true.
[text leak on here]
Smashboards:TELL ME MORE
Your joke is funny and well executed, and if I thought this comment detracted from that in any way I wouldn't post it.

However, skepticism and a desire for more information are not mutually exclusive.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that it's Mr.Predictions again. His diction and the way he is acting makes it clear. He's doing the whole I "predict" nonsense again.
" but I can predict other stuff, but I do not know any more except one major part, that will need a lot for me to spill, as I plan on leaking it in 1 hour..."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wait, people think Geno is likely?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...a one off character in a series with tons of games...and would be the 6th Mario rep? Haha no.
You have to give something of props to a character if he's able to withstand having some form of cult popularity from just one appearance as a playable character and a cameo in another game.

The only thing that seperates Geno from other retro reps is that he's third party. He's popular for inclusion based on the same merits as retro characters like Takamaru, Sable, etc.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have to question as to why any sane person wants Geno playable. It ain't gonna happen, you can instantly deconfirm any rumour when it has Geno involved
Has a ton of cool abilities to pull for a moveset such as his hand blasts and beams.
Can't really deconfirm any leak because Geno is in it, though it makes the leak skeptical. :p

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Not that I believe any of its true (the create your own costumes is pure wishful thinking), but I would be happy with everything that stated.
If that first link is correct, that would be the most disappointing list of newcomers from any Smash Bros game ever...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If that first link is correct, that would be the most disappointing list of newcomers from any Smash Bros game ever...
It has Rosalina, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Dixie Kong, Prince Sable and Ghirahim.

Besides the lack of Ridley, how is it disappointing?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
What would make it even more worse is Goku and lots of obscure characters. :p
That's far from worse.
True, but Melee and Brawl brought more widespread character love.

The newcomers so far are like for niche fans, it's so annoying. Rosalina fans went ape**** after her announcement.

@ Reila Reila It's disappointing as opposed to the others in the series.

Melee brought:
Brawl brought:

Aaaaaaand 4 brought (maybe):
^pretty much brought representatives from really old series (which I'm ok with) and representatives that already have many from a franchise.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

The newcomers so far are like for niche fans, it's so annoying. Rosalina fans went ape**** after her announcement.
I don't think Mega Man, Little Mac, and maybe Villager could be considered niche.

Rosalina is a little bit niche, though, and WFT is just WTF.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You have to give something of props to a character if he's able to withstand having some form of cult popularity from just one appearance as a playable character and a cameo in another game.

The only thing that seperates Geno from other retro reps is that he's third party. He's popular for inclusion based on the same merits as retro characters like Takamaru, Sable, etc.
Also let me add to this. The fact that Geno comes from one game in a a highly successful series with all types of games under it's belt, and one that has a bevy of VERY popular characters like Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Toad, Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Yoshi, etc

And yet somehow amongst all those juggernauts of fan favorites? He remains one himself? That's true staying power in my opinion.

Last edited:

Reila

You can't expect the newcomers of SSB4 to be as expressive as the ones from Melee and Brawl. After all, the vast majority of the important Nintendo characters are already in the Super Smash Bros series. That said, I think a list of newcomers with Rosalina, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Dixie Kong, Prince Sable and Ghirahim is FAR from disappointing, even compared with the two previous lists of newcomers. Of course, it could be better with the addition of Ridley, Shulk, K. Rool, etc.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
You can't expect the newcomers of SSB4 to be as expressive as the ones from Melee and Brawl. After all, the vast majority of the important Nintendo characters are already in the Super Smash Bros series. That said, I think a list of newcomers with Rosalina, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Dixie Kong, Prince Sable and Ghirahim is FAR from disappointing, even compared with the two previous lists of newcomers. Of course, it could be better with the addition of Ridley, Shulk, K. Rool, etc.
The only 2 things I don't understand about the leak though is...

There is a stage straight from FE:A so, there should be a FE:A representative. Also, Sakurai is definitely trolling us with Ridley so I really want to know if he's a hazard or not.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Are we talking about the same Geno?

Cause if we are, he's not 3rd party, and doesn't have his OWN series.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's going to be a point were there will be very little newcomers to choose from. The series pretty much has almost every Nintendo franchise covered. Unless Nintendo makes some new IPs of course.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Geno is third party. He's owned solely by Square Enix. He had a cameo in one of the Mario & Luigi games. He and his likeness were copyrighted to Square Enix.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's going to be a point were there will be very little newcomers to choose from. The series pretty much has almost every Nintendo franchise covered. Unless Nintendo makes some new IPs of course.
That's one thing that Sakurai has lamented in terms of the future of Smash Brothers. He has limited new Nintendo IPs to select newcomers from.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Geno is third party. He's owned solely by Square Enix. He had a cameo in one of the Mario & Luigi games. He and his likeness were copyrighted to Square Enix.
Still, there are tons of more recurring Mario characters. Waluigi, Daisy, Toad, etc. are more likely candidates. And even they are unlikely.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

There is a stage straight from FE:A so, there should be a FE:A representative. Also, Sakurai is definitely trolling us with Ridley so I really want to know if he's a hazard or not.
Not sure about this. The fact that there's a Skyloft stage doesn't mean we're getting Ghirahim (though that would certainly be nice). Likewise, the Awakening stage does not necessarily imply an FE Newcomer. Much like Skyloft, Arena Ferox could simply be in the game because of recency (SS and Awakening for Zelda and FE).

This Stage-Newcomer hypothesis can't be used a vacuum; in order for it to have any kind of predictive power, you need to cross-reference it with the arguments for a given Newcomer.

This is why, for instance, the Ridley-Pyrosphere connection is strong, but the Garden of Hope-Pikmin Newcomer one is weak; Ridley already has a lot going for him, whereas additional Pikmin Captains don't. Stages may be a good indicator, but only so long as other factors are considered alongside, IMO.

Reila

True, but the fact the Punch Out stage had a representative doesn't necessarily mean there are reps for the Pyrosphere and Arena Ferox stages as well. I do believe Ridley and some Waifu Emblem character are related to these two stages, but we don't have enough info to count on that yet.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about future Smash games not having much newcomers. Most fighting game franchises hardly have more than 50~60 characters and if we count all expressive/important Nintendo characters that aren't in Smash yet, the SSB5 roster could easily reach 70 characters (an absurd amount of characters for a fighting game).

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Anyone else get the feeling they "save" popular newcomers for future installments? For marketing purposes, it would be better to span the popluar newcomers over more games than debut all of them in one game. Toad, for example. Could be a major marketing plan for Smash 5. Heck, whichever of Dixie/K. Rool could also be the heavily featured newcomers (like Mega Man and Mewtwo will most likely be for this game).

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Anyone else get the feeling they "save" popular newcomers for future installments? For marketing purposes, it would be better to span the popluar newcomers over more games than debut all of them in one game. Toad, for example. Could be a major marketing plan for Smash 5. Heck, whichever of Dixie/K. Rool could also be the heavily featured newcomers (like Mega Man and Mewtwo will most likely be for this game).
Well, they do need this game to up the sales for the Wii U, so...

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Then you clearly don't know how to develop a Smash game roster.

Not sure about this. The fact that there's a Skyloft stage doesn't mean we're getting Ghirahim (though that would certainly be nice). Likewise, the Awakening stage does not necessarily imply an FE Newcomer. Much like Skyloft, Arena Ferox could simply be in the game because of recency (SS and Awakening for Zelda and FE).

This Stage-Newcomer hypothesis can't be used a vacuum; in order for it to have any kind of predictive power, you need to cross-reference it with the arguments for a given Newcomer.

This is why, for instance, the Ridley-Pyrosphere connection is strong, but the Garden of Hope-Pikmin Newcomer one is weak; Ridley already has a lot going for him, whereas additional Pikmin Captains don't. Stages may be a good indicator, but only so long as other factors are considered alongside, IMO.
I don't understand this last part. None of the more believable leaks have Ridley as playable. I mean the only one is the one with that guy who pops in from time to time, but he has pretty much proven his source is basically no more likely to know what's going on than any of us.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah, that FeatureLeaker is done. *sigh* Idiot. That's a load of bull to swallow. If there was indeed a Final Fantasy Character, it'd be from FF1 - 6. Honestly, that one lost the plot, and now I know who you are on FaQs, Bkupa.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

@ Reila Reila It's disappointing as opposed to the others in the series.

Melee brought:
Brawl brought:

Aaaaaaand 4 brought (maybe):
^pretty much brought representatives from really old series (which I'm ok with) and representatives that already have many from a franchise.
Only asking because he's possible not because I'm a supporter of him

WHY isn,to ridley on the smash 4 character list (non confirmed yet characters)

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Then you clearly don't know how to develop a Smash game roster.
Are you implying you can do better? I don't see your name in the credits of any Smash Bros.

You obviously can't take criticism like a man and you cry like a child.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Pikmin 3 stage.
Does that confirm Alph? Cause there is no way to make Alph a non clone.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Are you implying you can do better? I don't see your name in the credits of any Smash Bros.

You obviously can't take criticism like a man and you cry like a child.
What does this have to do with criticism, I'm using logic. Sakurai has no where to go for characters except retro or very creative characters there was no time to add in Brawl like Isaac and other ATs like Little Mac. If you think C-tier characters from Mario and Zelda are getting in, you are out of your mind.

Last edited:

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
Fire Emblem has only two reps in a ton of possible ones, Kid Icarus now has many reps possible, Golden Sun so far haven't got a single rep, Metroid only have one rep, for me Smash is FAR from covering all his important characters and/or other franchises.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Cause there is no way to make Alph a non clone.
I would kill this statement, but that'd be going off-topic.

This actually makes a lot of sense. If they reveal all of the hype characters for one game, the next game won't have any to hype it up.

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
This is a great point, and has crossed my mind as well.

Its kinda like, if they made a smash bros with every character anyone would ever want, who else would add into the next installment?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
What does this have to do with criticism, I'm using logic. Sakurai has no where to go for characters except retro or very creative characters there was no time to add in Brawl like Isaac and other ATs like Little Mac. If you think C-tier characters from Mario and Zelda are getting in, you are out of your mind.
If you read my earlier posts, I was against that and said KI, Metroid and FE needed more representatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom