• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/sheik.html

"Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game."

And the concept art is shown above, pulled from Hyrule Historia itself.
Going to quote from the Hyrule Historia, which i hold in my hands.
"The pictures at the bottom right represent what Zelda from Twilight princess would look like if she transformed into Sheik. They were drawn for Super Smash Bros. Brawl."
The designs were made so they could be used in smash bros.
Page 174, if you want to look it up.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
OoT was arguably the most important game Nintendo has made (certainly in the Zelda franchise). Relevance will never be an issue for Sheik.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I leave SmashBoards for a day, and I come back to find ten pages of nothing.

That makes me angry. Where did all the leakers go?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
...I could list a few others.
One being Super Mario 64...
Oh sure. I agree there are several other contenders, including Super Mario Bros, Mario 64, Wii Sports, and arguably Smash Bros, but OoT is definitely wayyyy up the Nintendo food chain, when relevance is considered

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not as highly rated and acclaimed as Oot

replace 98 with 94 and gta with mario 64
Lol, nice pics. Ive seen this too many times, but lets not forget the best selling games: Wii Sports (Partially due to bundle, and the other portion due to Japanese players) and Super Mario Bros. The numbers dont lie, so its a head on battle.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Going to quote from the Hyrule Historia, which i hold in my hands.
"The pictures at the bottom right represent what Zelda from Twilight princess would look like if she transformed into Sheik. They were drawn for Super Smash Bros. Brawl."
The designs were made so they could be used in smash bros.
Page 174, if you want to look it up.
So, it does.

Still, both Historia and the DOJO claim Sheik's design was scrapped from TP, only to be revived and drawn anew for Brawl.

It is perhaps the greatest use of a scrapped character design I have ever seen. Also, note that Zelda in SSB4 is drawing a little more on her TP concept art as well.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So, it does.

Still, both Historia and the DOJO claim Sheik's design was scrapped from TP, only to be revived and drawn anew for Brawl.

It is perhaps the greatest use of a scrapped character design I have ever seen. Also, note that Zelda in SSB4 is drawing a little more on her TP concept art as well.
I still wish we would've seen SS link and zelda, but what are ya gonna do.
or zelda could've gotten rid of those hair bands, she looks better without em

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
I still wish we would've seen SS link and zelda, but what are ya gonna do.
or zelda could've gotten rid of those hair bands, she looks better without em
See what I wanted, after the E3 trailer, was TP Link, SS Zelda, OoT Ganondorf, and then after we got Toon Link, we could've had four different Zelda styles and games represented.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
See what I wanted, after the E3 trailer, was TP Link, SS Zelda, OoT Ganondorf, and then after we got Toon Link, we could've had four different Zelda styles and games represented.
But we already have three foxes and you know how everyone just loves that...

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I leave SmashBoards for a day, and I come back to find ten pages of nothing.

That makes me angry. Where did all the leakers go?
They must have taken up mayoral jobs with Dr. Wright (the SimCity guy who somehow ended up as an assist trophy in Brawl).

Last edited by a moderator:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The new 4chan leak with the newcomers actually seems beleivable except for Ghirahim. Personally I'd rather have Vatii. but the inclusion of Ghirahim kills it for me.
Having Vaati instead of Ghirahim would make a leak more believable for you?

Did you get hit in the head with a blunt object?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Having Vaati instead of Ghirahim would make a leak more believable for you?

Did you get hit in the head with a blunt object?
If having Ghirihim in a leak is 1/10 believability then Vaati is 2/10. So yea its more believable.

Edit: Having neither would be a 5/10

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
One more thing about the Palutena 'leak': Did the images originate from 2chan or 4chan?

If it came from 2chan, does anyone have the source?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
When all the leakers suddenly disappear, Alfonzo is in charge of leaking game info.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
"When Dr. Wright joins the battle," Alfonzo becomes the mayor.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"- Nuclear Meltdown happens 5 minutes later.
Edit: removed the image to not spamming, back on topic.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Was it now? Did anyone have at least a screenshot of it? A lot of people were saying it came from 4chan.
It was originally posted to 2chan then reposted to 4chan i believe, and both the threads are down now. I'll try and find pics.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
"When Dr. Wright joins the battle," Alfonzo becomes the mayor.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"- Nuclear Meltdown happens 5 minutes later.

This has me lolling, it's both hilarious and hypnotic.
And yes OoT was by far the best Zelda game ever, and was the only Zelda game and probably 1 of the very few games I got a 100% completion on.
just to let you know (and not just you, ViolentSmashfan), you're steering towards the realms of "spam!"
Spam makes everyone unhappy :(

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Assuming Ganondorf returns unchanged (though hopefully decloned a bit), we still technically have this with TP Zelda and SS Link. So yes I can see where people are coming from wanting Vaati (as that would make 5 different games seeing as Toon Link is a rep for Wind Waker), I just feel that Ghirahim is slightly more likely due to him being more fresh in people's minds (and again, floating Eyeball is hard to make a set for)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Assuming Ganondorf returns unchanged (though hopefully decloned a bit), we still technically have this with TP Zelda and SS Link. So yes I can see where people are coming from wanting Vaati (as that would make 5 different games seeing as Toon Link is a rep for Wind Waker), I just feel that Ghirahim is slightly more likely due to him being more fresh in people's minds (and again, floating Eyeball is hard to make a set for)
Isn't Link in SSB4 supposed to be a mix of SS/TP (the 3DS version is more on the lines of TP, where as the Wii U version has both styles thrown in), I could see the Floating Eyeball being Vaati's final smash (his humanoid form would have to have an original moveset of some sort).

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
OOT ain't no 99 score game. I can't think of any game that should be a 99 or 100, except maybe Tetris.

Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap, Majora's Mask, Windwaker HD are all better. (Notice how I didn't include Link to the Past? Ya damn straight I didn't)

Shots fired.

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I was never on Smash specific websites until recently, so bear with me here. People have talked about the on disc data in Brawl that supposedly hinted at characters that were being worked on (Dixie, Mewtwo, etx). So, people believe this to be true. What about the music on there? Wasn't there a remnant that suggested "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" was worked on? I remember reading that.

I've always wondered about that.I bring it up because of the Geno trophy/sticker leak.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for the good leaks in a few months.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
OoT was arguably the most important game Nintendo has made (certainly in the Zelda franchise).
Not even close. It is a great game and the most popular Zelda title, but far from being the most important game Nintendo has made. lol

Last edited:

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
(do not post the pic of the day here) The pic of the day is showing a fairy in a bottle, with a message indicating it can heal more that 100 damage. I am pretty sure none did but have to ask, did any leak predict the appearance of the fairy bottle?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom