• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Warning Received
I think I have found some accurate evidence that can finally prove the Palutena leak is real:
http://askhelixfossil.com/#qfc39q

Going to quote from the Hyrule Historia, which i hold in my hands.
"The pictures at the bottom right represent what Zelda from Twilight princess would look like if she transformed into Sheik. They were drawn for Super Smash Bros. Brawl."
The designs were made so they could be used in smash bros.
Page 174, if you want to look it up.
Both of your statements are true. What is fact is unknown as these both contradict each other, but both are true somehow.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Haha. Yes, because Sakurai is going to go through hoops to get Geno just to make him a trophy and sticker. If he's going to go through that much trouble to please Geno's fans. He's going to make him playable.
Yeah your right..Geno would have to be a playbale charcter if he was in the game..that leak is bull$%£"

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I asked it if Ridley was playable, and he said 'without a doubt'. HA!

Ahem.

I was gonna say something about the Palutena leak, but I forgot. :( So, are there any recent rumors, or something?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well only 111 days until E3 so let's see how long these rumors last.

Part of me speculates that there'll be another Nintnedo Direct with a Smash newcomer in April so I'd look for Palutena or one of the DK crew then.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Well only 111 days until E3 so let's see how long these rumors last.

Part of me speculates that there'll be another Nintnedo Direct with a Smash newcomer in April so I'd look for Palutena or one of the DK crew then.
I think there will be two Smash Newcomers before E3 2014..and then we are going get three more newcomers at E3. Than maybe one more newcomer before the game comes out

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
hey guys my friend at namco told me some cool info
- toad is replacing peach (those images are actually toad's alternate costume "toadstool")
- zelda transforms into toon zelda, whose taunts turn into tetra. zelda's turns into shiek
- sonic recolors are being grabbed and the licenses are being bought for alt costumes (Steven the hedgehog, Sammy Classic Hedgehog, etc...)
- mike tyson is little mac's alternate costume
- villager have a alt costume because sakurai is anti-feminist
- bomberman, rayman, maskedman, superman, pacman, and goeman (mon) are in the game
there was some stuff about ridley, but it was too big to post here

its legit
also i know eren jager in real life, his true name is george o harris
he was trying to take the cartridge after he posted it on his phone, but they saw him post it and he was killed by playing the virtual boy with 3d glasses

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
- toad is replacing peach (those images are actually toad's alternate costume "toadstool")
- zelda transforms into toon zelda, whose taunts turn into tetra. zelda's turns into shiek
- sonic recolors are being grabbed and the licenses are being bought for alt costumes (Steven the hedgehog, Sammy Classic Hedgehog, etc...)
- bomberman, rayman, maskedman, superman, pacman, and goeman (mon) are in the game

its legit
he was trying to take the cartridge after he posted it on his phone, but they saw him post it and he was killed by playing the virtual boy with 3d glasses
Please no more of this... please...

Spire

III
BRoomer
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/sheik.html

"Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game."

And the concept art is shown above, pulled from Hyrule Historia itself.
Going to quote from the Hyrule Historia, which i hold in my hands.
"The pictures at the bottom right represent what Zelda from Twilight princess would look like if she transformed into Sheik. They were drawn for Super Smash Bros. Brawl."
The designs were made so they could be used in smash bros.
Page 174, if you want to look it up.
These quotes directly contradict one another. One is an English translation of Sakurai's words while the other is an English translation of Miyamoto or Aonuma's words. There's a good chance one of these quotes is mistranslated.

I tend to think Sakurai's quote may be the truer message. At one point in Twilight Princess, Zelda is seen wearing a black hooded robe bearing the Sheikah eye on its back. Conceptually, this functions very similarly to the Sheik disguise. They may have designed Sheik with this purpose in mind, but scrapped her in favor of this robed appearance knowing Sheik wouldn't be a surprise a second time. The black robe completely sheaths Zelda's identity at first and thus functions better than Sheik would in the context of Twilight Princess.

That said, this is simply conjecture and not proof at all of which statement is true. Was Brawl Sheik first designed for Twilight Princess or Brawl?

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Warning Received
OOT ain't no 99 score game. I can't think of any game that should be a 99 or 100, except maybe Tetris.

Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap, Majora's Mask, Windwaker HD are all better. (Notice how I didn't include Link to the Past? Ya damn straight I didn't)

Shots fired.
*tips fedora*

D

Deleted member

but it's true

I wonder if there'll be any other cliches popping up, I mean we already have the Namco worker one..
so you won't mind taking a bet if it turns out to be false right? 'cause you seem so positive that it's true.
Once any of that is proven false, you have to change your avatar forever, an avatar of my choosing.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoryCory

Smash Rookie

its legit
:joyful::glare:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Get ready for leaks that say the bottled fairy replaces the heart container :estatic:
I think that the Heart Container only heals 100% damage... and the Bottled Fairy heals ALL damage... and of course the Maxim Tomato heals 50% damage.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The design was made specifically for smash, not scrapped from TP.
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/sheik.html

"Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game."

And the concept art is shown above, pulled from Hyrule Historia itself.
"That game"... which game was that? Based on the context of that sentence, that concept art was for Twilight Princess, not for Brawl.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I was here at the time that reveal took place. Though I don't clearly remember the amount of outrage now.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I was here at the time that reveal took place. Though I don't clearly remember the amount of outrage now.
There was a lot.
I was!
I hope this judgement day is better.
i hope if they don't do something ballsy at E3 we get huge shocks here. My biggest shock was port town aero dive being a stage. No joke. Wtf, game.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
These quotes directly contradict one another. One is an English translation of Sakurai's words while the other is an English translation of Miyamoto or Aonuma's words. There's a good chance one of these quotes is mistranslated.

I tend to think Sakurai's quote may be the truer message. At one point in Twilight Princess, Zelda is seen wearing a black hooded robe bearing the Sheikah eye on its back. Conceptually, this functions very similarly to the Sheik disguise. They may have designed Sheik with this purpose in mind, but scrapped her in favor of this robed appearance knowing Sheik wouldn't be a surprise a second time. The black robe completely sheaths Zelda's identity at first and thus functions better than Sheik would in the context of Twilight Princess.

That said, this is simply conjecture and not proof at all of which statement is true. Was Brawl Sheik first designed for Twilight Princess or Brawl?
The hooded zelda was in concept art as well, implying that she was designed around the same time that zelda and Brawl shiek were designed. I don't think it would function as a replacement if planned so early on.
"That game"... which game was that? Based on the context of that sentence, that concept art was for Twilight Princess, not for Brawl.
Hyrule historia says that a twilight princess shiek concept was drawn up for brawl.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wh...what is your profile pic aboutt.. If you dont mind me asking.
That's just my debatin' avatar. I use different parts of my comic for different sites. Here's my lurking one.

So what are debating now? Which that "That" refers to?

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Looking back at the stage theory I posted yesterday, that might be the most reliable source for newcomers:

I decided to go in-depth! Feel free to critique it :D

Green = Confirmed
Yellow = Almost certain/Most likely
Gray = Not likely/Multiple choices

-Wii U stages-
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Skyloft - ??? (Ghirahim?)
Pyrosphere - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Ridley, Anthony Higgs or Adam Malkovich
Palutena's Temple - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Palutena
Garden of Hope - ??? (Alph?)
Animal Crossing - Villager
Wii Fit Stage - Wii Fit Trainer
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

Windy Hill - ??? (Tails, Knuckles or Shadow?)
Dr. Wily's Castle - Mega Man
Wuhu Island - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Mii
Battlefield - ??? (OC, maybe Tabuu?)

-3DS stages-
Arena Ferox - I can almost say that I'm 99% sure that it's Chrom, Lucina or My Unit

I guarantee you a Fire Emblem Awakening representative will be in this game because of Arena Ferox being from the game.

It feels like Sakurai is putting much emphasis on the stages foreshadowing what character will be revealed.
Interesting theory, but obviously:
Skyloft - Groose
Garden of Hope - ??? (Alph?) Maybe

People didn't expect Ness to return in brawl because Lucas was announced with a similar moveset, so don't rule out another Pikmin character just yet.
Just a note, this will be my last post for the day as I have quite a busy schedule. I will not be able to answer every question, but rather I will answer as many questions as I can per post. I will only be able to answer questions once or twice a day, but don't be surprised if I miss a day or two, because it is hard for me to find time to do this on the side. If I could tell you my position, I'm sure you'd be able to understand why. Here are a few more details:
  • Keep in mind that there is not a hint in every trailer and there can be multiple hints per trailer as well
  • Some of you are already on the right track
  • As for the secret characters, unfortunately, I can't reveal any more details about them yet
  • I will try to give more details about the game at least once a week
That's it for me for today, I hope you take into consideration the info which I have given you and I look forward to giving you more info that I hope will give you a better understanding of what's in the game.
I don't think there's a way to confirm or debunk this. It needs to be more specific.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Interesting theory, but obviously:
Skyloft - Groose
Garden of Hope - ??? (Alph?) Maybe

People didn't expect Ness to return in brawl because Lucas was announced with a similar moveset, so don't rule out another Pikmin character just yet.

I don't think there's a way to confirm or debunk this. It needs to be more specific.
It seems like they are posting a theory based on the correlation between stage reveals and character reveals. It could qualify as a rumor, but it should still go in another thread.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It seems like they are posting a theory based on the correlation between stage reveals and character reveals. It could qualify as a rumor, but it should still go in another thread.
Actually I believe that in of itself stemmed from the "vauge leak" if you will (does it have a name yet?). Part of it mentioned previous trailers hinting towards newcomers in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom