• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not a leak, but an interesting leak-related what-if from a guy (CAW Evolution) on GameFAQs arguing that Little Mac might not be a shoo-in.

What about the rumor? There’s no way someone was able to guess Wii Fit Trainer.
I agree with that. In fact, I know for certain that the leaker simply didn’t guess — he verified with me that he either works for or knows somebody from a certain company (I’m being purposefully vague). But here’s the problem: the leaker never actually claimed to have seen those characters with his own two eyes. What if he briefly saw the E3 media from across the room on a colleague’s computer screen and confused Yellow Devil with Pac-Man, Villager’s boxing gloves (or the boxing stage) with Little Mac, and another obscured Villager shot with Mii? There are several hypothetical instances where he could have been confused.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I love it when actual "leakers" try to cover their butts in the lamest way possible.

That's actually rather convenient.

Also, found yet another leak to disconfirm, it went along with that one which LackadaisyAlex did the analysis on.

I know it's fake, I can prove every single thing fake in this picture, but I want to see you guys burn it down.
Well considering thats project m artwork it's not worth wasting time disproving it

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I love it when actual "leakers" try to cover their butts in the lamest way possible.

That's actually rather convenient.

Also, found yet another leak to disconfirm, it went along with that one which LackadaisyAlex did the analysis on.

I know it's fake, I can prove every single thing fake in this picture, but I want to see you guys burn it down.
This just screams out Project M.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I

Well, the HUD looks waaaay different and worse than the one shown in the MariovMegaman demo match, plus Roy looks like an absolute mess.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice

Did someone actually try to pass that off as a legitimate leak? This **** is getting worse.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Not a leak, but an interesting leak-related what-if from a guy (CAW Evolution) on GameFAQs arguing that Little Mac might still be an Assist Trophy.

What about the rumor? There’s no way someone was able to guess Wii Fit Trainer.
I agree with that. In fact, I know for certain that the leaker simply didn’t guess — he verified with me that he either works for or knows somebody from a certain company (I’m being purposefully vague). But here’s the problem: the leaker never actually claimed to have seen those characters with his own two eyes. What if he briefly saw the E3 media from across the room on a colleague’s computer screen and confused Yellow Devil with Pac-Man, Villager’s boxing gloves (or the boxing stage) with Little Mac, and another obscured Villager shot with Mii? There are several hypothetical instances where he could have been confused.
An interesting theory. But how does one exactly confuse Yellow Devil's blobs with Pac-Man? Or Villager w/boxing gloves for Little Mac?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, I'll just disprove this abomination of a leak.

Mewtwo and Roy are from Project M. You can tell from their artwork. I actually mistook Roy for Ray MK III first, but that's besides the point. The HUDs are from Project M as well, as is the costume (why would Sakurai make an alternate costume from an anime movie, no matter how popular or cool it is? That's like if Mega Man looked like he did in Captain N for an alternate costume!).

Did some research. Found that exact stage as an import for Project M. Replaces Skyloft. Plays the 8-bit Dr. Wily's Castle. It's the exact same, down to the details in the platforms. Not the SSB4 version, which is WAY more detailed (see below):

Ascended

Smash Ace
Are there any other video game franchises that have as much speculation and leaks as Smash Bros? The only thing I can think of is Half-Life, but that's more of a joke than serious speculation.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I made that analysis way back when ... actually they're pretty fun to me.

Hopefully we get more of those that are worth looking at.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are there any other video game franchises that have as much speculation and leaks as Smash Bros? The only thing I can think of is Half-Life, but that's more of a joke than serious speculation.
Kingdom Hearts maybe?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think that's different, they just talk about worlds and characters.

We freaking talk about everything.
On Smashboards we talk about everything. Anywhere else Smash speculation is practically just characters and stages.
On dedicated KH forums everything is speculated. Anywhere else KH specualtion is practically just characters and worlds.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah we're pretty f*cked up fans lol

I wish Sakurai or even Nintendo would show us they appriciate us lol.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Ever wish they would reveal the full roster when the game is announced? It would save us so much potential heartache.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah, but it's like having an arranged marriage with a hot girl

Sure it's great, you didn't have to work for it
and got what you wanted
much less anxiety and hassle
but the waiting and finding the girl is the fun part ....

Wait idk if that comparison even makes sense.
Uh ...

Ever wish they would reveal the full roster when the game is announced? It would save us so much potential heartache.
I wish they would tell us the roster total size and deconfirm characters quickly. The fun is speculating who will make it in, but at this point most of the obscure favorites I want aren't going to make it; I'd much rather them just be deconfirmed and get it over with. Even the characters I feel are a lock being deconfrimed is better sooner rather then later.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
New leak:
Master Hand and Crazy Hand will be revealed as being the hands of Mickey Mouse.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Spare me that "it's fun to speculate" nonsense. You would get all the excitement of seeing the roster in one swoop. Why do a little meth over a few days when you can do it all at once?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Spare me that "it's fun to speculate" nonsense. You would get all the excitement of seeing the roster in one swoop. Why do a little meth over a few days when you can do it all at once?
Because then we're stuck waiting for the game with no real exciting parts during the wait.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Uhh....because you'd die :troll:.

Having all the characters revealed at once is like having all the fighters unlocked at the start. Sure there's a bunch of interesting choices, but you might focus all your attention on a select few. The other way, you're persuaded to check out many different characters, in both the scenarios of waiting for others to be announced and attempting to unlock others.

Plus, it generates a lot more hype. We probably wouldn't be here right now if we knew who all the characters were. We'd have, more than likely, figured out all there is to these characters within a couple months. Then we would have to wait a year just to play it. It's all about delayed gratification. Why have the best day of your life followed by 6 ****ty days when you could have 7 nice ones.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Because you'll remember the best day of your life, seven nice days would be forgotten with the rest of the rabble. :p
What if on the best day of your life, you win a million dollars. Then during the following ****ty day it burns in a fire.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What if on the best day of your life, you win a million dollars. Then during the following ****ty day it burns in a fire.
Why wouldn't you have put the million dollars in a bank?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't you have put the million dollars in a bank?
That's the tragedy of it.

or the bank explodes :awesome:
These are merely comparisons though, I'm not digging for the most realistic situations. Only for ones that are easy to comprehend.

Knowing me, I would have already spent it all on meth. :smirk:
Then during the following days, it slowly destroys everything you care about in one way or another.

Or you'll be hospitalized for using too much in one day. Trying to cling onto life.

I'm very imaginative and evil, so I can think of some unpleasant things :sadsheep:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
My point is that, I need instant gratification. I would rather get all my happy and disappointment out of the way fast so I don't have to slowly wait for that disappointment to pierce my feeble soul.

Also, meth is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom