• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Spring? That soon?
Yes, the Wii U is doing THAT badly. I don't know why it's hard for many to understand that. This game also has more man power than Brawl which also wasted most of its time on SSE which this game is not getting. Also I'm hving trouble understanding, is he saying that there are only a handful of newcomers left or that there were only like 1-2 left during the time of 2013 E3?

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Some other stuff relating to that GAF leak.

Oh, one other thing that may be interesting. I asked if there were any 3rd party characters besides Mega Man and Sonic, and they wouldn't answer yes or no.
I don't actually think it will actually make spring, but decided to just post everything I was told more or less verbatim rather than try to edit it so I could look "more credible". This only confirmed (in my mind) that it was at least an internal goal recently, if not currently. The person is not working on the game, so it's not like they would know every release projection update as part of their job.
The information was innocuous enough though that I thought it would be worthwhile to post anyway. It's someone I've known for ~20 years, so I'm inclined to believe them even if I don't think they're up on all the latest gaming news.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Gotta say, it's refreshing to see a Nintendo worker who's not bursting at the seams with information to spill all over GameFAQs willy-nilly. That alone makes it more believable to me, not to mention it being from NeoGAF, which is infinitely more serious about leaks than GameFAQs.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Not to mention that instead of making a new account like a lot of the gamefaqs users, the guy is willing to put his neck out on the line and risk tarnishing his reputation.

So either it's legit info (the little bits that it contains), or he's really clever in building this leak.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Not sure if this has been posted yet. If it has, my bad.

New leak from the NeoGAF. I dunno about this one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97630169&postcount=9607

First off, I do not know what Sakurai plans to update with for individual POTDs, as he does it as his own pace bar special examples like revealing characters to coincide with releases and Nintendo Directs.

Anyway, I have been talking to a source of mine who knows quite a bit about Smash 4, and has shared with me various details that I have compiled, some of this info is based on planned content and may not make it into the final cut, however, he believes that at this point in time everything is more or less set.

First, the only cuts are Snake (due to issues with Konami), and Lucario and Ike, due to lacking "relevancy" when the character roster was being formed.

Newcomers are Villager, WFT, Mega Man, Rosalina, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, Medusa, Mewtwo, Genesect, Mach Rider, Chrom, and a new original character named "Master Hanafuda". Little Mac will be the next newcomer to be revealed, but I am not sure when, but in a soon-to-be Nintendo Direct.

Rather than typing up the mass amount of info I've been given, instead I will answer questions asked about what is, or isn't, included in Smash. Believe me or not, but I shall provide answers regardless to any question.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The one thing this leak reinforces my concern that Nintendo might be pressuring Sakurai into getting the game out as soon as possible. Deadlines happen regardless but with the walls of the Wii U coming apart I can't imagine Nintendo is sitting still right now.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention that instead of making a new account like a lot of the gamefaqs users, the guy is willing to put his neck out on the line and risk tarnishing his reputation.

So either it's legit info (the little bits that it contains), or he's really clever in building this leak.
And unlike gamefaqs, Neogaf tends to have much more credible leaks and industry insiders that are willing to spread info (See Cboat). Even Major Nelson posts there.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, modding is very serious on GAF. Though I think sometimes the mods don't have perfect judgement. As I got a couple of weeks recently for them mis-reading one of my posts.

Also the Wii U framework allows for updates to software, so a rushed game shouldn't be that much of a concern. We most likely will just get a smaller amount of veteran characters with substantial edits to their moveset.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't understand what he's saying about characters, though. On one hand, he responded to Starphoenix and said in reference to the 1-2 characters that "they didn't say E3 exclusively, I think the term they used was 'in the trailer.'" The very next post, however, he says "I got the sense that they were talking about the roster as a whole." Those have entirely different implications.

Shroob

Sup?

First off, I do not know what Sakurai plans to update with for individual POTDs, as he does it as his own pace bar special examples like revealing characters to coincide with releases and Nintendo Directs.

Anyway, I have been talking to a source of mine who knows quite a bit about Smash 4, and has shared with me various details that I have compiled, some of this info is based on planned content and may not make it into the final cut, however, he believes that at this point in time everything is more or less set.

First, the only cuts are Snake (due to issues with Konami), and Lucario and Ike, due to lacking "relevancy" when the character roster was being formed.

Newcomers are Villager, WFT, Mega Man, Rosalina, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, Medusa, Mewtwo, Genesect, Mach Rider, Chrom, and a new original character named "Master Hanafuda". Little Mac will be the next newcomer to be revealed, but I am not sure when, but in a soon-to-be Nintendo Direct.

Rather than typing up the mass amount of info I've been given, instead I will answer questions asked about what is, or isn't, included in Smash. Believe me or not, but I shall provide answers regardless to any question.
Medusa over Palutena? That's interesting to say the least.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Haha, and those are the dudes who get banned. Just like that one "leaker" a couple months back.

Yeah, modding is very serious on GAF. Though I think sometimes the mods don't have perfect judgement. As I got a couple of weeks recently for them mis-reading one of my posts.

Also the Wii U framework allows for updates to software, so a rushed game shouldn't be that much of a concern. We most likely will just get a smaller amount of veteran characters with substantial edits to their moveset.
It's not the game I'm worried about, I'm worried about that man Sakurai. Dude's probably a couple straws away from a heart attack.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand what he's saying about characters, though. On one hand, he responded to Starphoenix and said in reference to the 1-2 characters that "they didn't say E3 exclusively, I think the term they used was 'in the trailer.'" The very next post, however, he says "I got the sense that they were talking about the roster as a whole."
If the tester is only playing builds, how would he know who is in and who's not, surely not every build has ALL the characters. And oh man, will this smash be disappointing if that leak with Mii, Pac and Mac are the only things we get.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
for people saying the neogaf rumor does not really reveal nothing, I would not count a potential spring release as nothing

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
This is merely hypothetical, but assuming there aren't that many newcomers left, it would look like most of the roster additions were due to marketing meddling.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't understand what he's saying about characters, though. On one hand, he responded to Starphoenix and said in reference to the 1-2 characters that "they didn't say E3 exclusively, I think the term they used was 'in the trailer.'" The very next post, however, he says "I got the sense that they were talking about the roster as a whole." Those have entirely different implications.
Probably both. Obviously the poster isn't sure himself on what "a few" means as he's taking as much of a guess as we are -- part of the problem trying to relay second-hand information. The character amount isn't even worth going into because neither the GAFfer or his friend know completely, and trying to discover the value of an ambiguous estimation is just going to end up going around and around; but what interests me more is the corroboration of the other minor things floating on the Internet we've heard before.

Shroob

Sup?
This is merely hypothetical, but assuming there aren't that many newcomers left, it would look like most of the roster additions were due to marketing meddling.
Smash 4 has been nothing but market meddling tbh. I mean, the 'pattern' is based around reveals for new games.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
i just hope there's not just a few newcomers left that be dissapointing to wait all these years for just a min character update

Shroob

Sup?
i just hope there's not just a few newcomers left that be dissapointing to wait all these years for just a min character update
Eh, I'd be down for this being just a Brawl update with updated graphics, a handful of wanted new characters and NO TRIPPING.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Misleading, it's a NeoGaf user quoting a leak from tumblr. ****ing TUMBLR.

"Lucario cut due to lacking relevancy" but claiming "oh the team just didn't know about X/Y that much" when GameFreak has an authoritative hold on all Pokemon content? I don't buy that for a second. Lucario is arguably more important now then Brawl, as much as I hate it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

"Lucario cut due to lacking relevancy" but claiming "oh the team just didn't know about X/Y that much" when GameFreak has an authoritative hold on all Pokemon content? I don't buy that for a second. Lucario is arguably more important now then Brawl, as much as I hate it.
it says for tumbler not from

TewnLeenk

BRoomer

It confused me because he posted "for the tumblr" not "from tumblr". I just posted it here anyway. My bad.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I really dislike the idea of Genesect over Lucario though. I'd be Mewtwo all over again in a strange way.
I don't know why they chose genesect over zoroark. That sounds a little strange to me....

At least we can confirm if this is a false leak or a true one if we get a nintendo direct soon and they don't reveal little mac

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
I don't know why they chose genesect over zoroark. That sounds a little strange to me....

At least we can confirm if this is a false leak or a true one if we get a nintendo direct soon and they don't reveal little mac
Genesect was in the last big Pokemon movie with Mewtwo. They've been promoting him alot. Still seems like an odd choice to be a playable character.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
well I need to get my eyes checked lol, but I still have a hard time believing GameFreak could say "Lucario isn't relevant"

So no one else even bothered to search what Hanafuda meant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda

flower cards.......... for Smash......
People have been suggesting Rainman/Mister Hanafuda since pre-Brawl to be the next Mr. Game & Watch. I'm down but I really don't see it happening.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
well I need to get my eyes checked, but I still have a hard time believing GameFreak could say "Lucario isn't relevant"
I mean he is the poster Pokemon for Mega Evolution in the game...
He's the first god damn Pokemon in XY who does it... AND THE CHICK GIVES HIM TO YOU FOR FREE!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I mean he is the poster Pokemon for Mega Evolution in the game...
He's the first god damn Pokemon in XY who does it... AND THE CHICK GIVES HIM TO YOU FOR FREE!
Real players turned it down in favor of raising their own.

And technically, the Mega Stone for your 2nd starter (the Kanto one from Sycamore) is the first potential Mega Evolution you can get in the game. Lucario is just there to showcase it (and as I said, it's optional whether or not you wanna take it). Also, I got a Mega Aerodactyl long before either of those.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I could live with that roster, as all I really want now for the roster is Little Mac. No Ridley, Isaac, Shulk or Dixie is regrettable but it seems credible enough.

Honestly, I'd like to see Medusa over Palutena. She'd be our first female villain, plus that snake hair in HD. Awesomesauce.

Mach Rider would be a very interesting choice too.

Guess we'll see.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I could live with that roster, as all I really want now for the roster is Little Mac. No Ridley, Isaac, Shulk or Dixie is regrettable but it seems credible enough.

Honestly, I'd like to see Medusa over Palutena. She'd be our first female villain, plus that snake hair in HD. Awesomesauce.

Mach Rider would be a very interesting choice too.

Guess we'll see.
why no ridley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom