• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Personally, if I see a roster that shows western shoo-ins and NO cuts at all. It's automatically fake to me, no questions asked.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Posting this again for reference.
The two most recent leaks (this and the translator) interest me quite a bit. They could both very well be true.
This because Mewtwo art, and Translator because Ashley.
I really like the layout even if it is fake.
* But it does not allow many characters if the boxes do not shrink with new characters.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice

Posting this again for reference.
The two most recent leaks (this and the translator) interest me quite a bit. They could both very well be true.
This because Mewtwo art, and Translator because Ashley.
I don't think under any circumstances would they put yoshi placeholder art in. Even though we can't find the mewtwo artwork anywhere I think that alone confirms it's a mock up. Would like to be proven wrong though.

Originally I though it could potentially of been the character screen for a demo being shown at the rumoured Nintendo event towards the end of the month (the one that the renegade kid twitter was potentially talking about). But I doubt it heavily now.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why aren't you the new OP to this thread?
APC has a better ability to discern which leaks are OP worthy, whereas I'd end up cluttering it up with everything because of completionist tendencies. That, and I only have time for this sort of catalogging over my break, which is over in two days. I appreciate the compliment, though.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Okay, here's the link to my leak compilation from last page, so you all can reference the leak names I'm using. I think the categories I have and the leaks I've placed in each one are accurate, but anyone who cares to dispute one can do so, of course.

Remember, this doesn't kill off even the most ridiculous, disgusting, backstory-laden leaks yet if their information hasn't yet been proven wrong. If you want to cut off the ridiculous, disgusting, backstory-laden leaks, your list of live leaks will be much shorter. I've asterisked the live leaks I, personally, would disregard in a heartbeat.

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item
[/COLLAPSE]
Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Almost Every Leak Is Entirely False Leak
  • Not killable
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Sandbag Leak *
  • The Sandbag not being revealed on Jan. 31
  • Diddy not being revealed on Feb. 13
  • Wario not being revealed March 21
  • Lucas not being revealed April 20
  • Palutena not being revealed in a Direct
  • Mii not being revealed in a May Nintendo Direct
  • Sheik not being revealed in a June Nintendo Direct
  • Chrom not being announced at E3 2014
  • Mewtwo not being revealed at the end of E3 2014 Smash trailer
  • Paper Mario not being revealed in August
  • Ice Climbers not being revealed pre-release
  • Exclusion of Tingle, Mewtwo, Solo Charizard, K. Rool, Palutena, Hades, Chrom, Takamaru, Sandbag, Paper Mario, Little Mac, Mii
  • Inclusion of Squirtle & Ivysaur (Trainer or otherwise), Ike
  • Exclusion of any veteran not listed in above bulletpoint
  • Exclusion of Krystal, Prince Poo, Isabelle, Lissa or Bass Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of Temple, New Pork City, Pirate Ship, "Ito_Y, Oba_keikoku, Master_Tower, PM_Stage and Pkmn3" stages
  • Ridley being anything but a stage hazard
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Basty Leak *
  • Diddy not being revealed on Feb. 13
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Dixie, Sheik, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (with Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, Chrom, Another Fire Emblem Character, Impa
  • Inclusion of Snake, Ike, Lucario, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (without Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Stork
  • Exclusion of Cookie Country (Wii U), Pokemon Stadium 3 (Wii U), Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Luigi's Mansion (3DS) stages
  • Exclusion of Knuckles or Waluigi Assist Trophy
  • Inclusion of Kat & Ana Assist Trophy
  • Phantom is anything but an Assist Trophy
  • Luigi keeping his Final Smash
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario costume
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#2) *
  • I don't f**king know, I can't decipher the bloody thing.
[/COLLAPSE]

Anyway, this is basically a fun thing to look at for now, but in the future, it might be best to not compile every leak we see in this manner. Eventually, it's going to become a massive torrent of false s***, even more than it is now, and the vast majority of it won't be able to be confirmed or disconfirmed until release. Unless there's a date attached, or a piece of specific information that would specifically peg it one way or the other, it would be best to just file them away and wait.
I like this style of keeping track of leaks more than the one in the OP. This would allow us to keep track of all of them.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Somewhat ironic to tell someone how awful of a person they are from one innocuous post, eh but whatever. I don't really care for slinging insults.

Edit: more to the point I wasn't calling out Sonicguy, as I assumed he just re-posted that image. If he made it, then well that's another thing. I didn't call Sonicguy an awful person, and I didn't directly call whoever made the comparison an awful person either. They just made a mistake ... but the problem is, images like that spread. I find images like that to be just as bad as the fake leaks because they improperly debunk an image causing the smash community to miss possibly legitimate information. Granted it's probably fake but unwittingly spreading misinformation that you've come up with is never good, and always embarrassing. Doesn't make someone an awful person for doing it though ...
Just saying, I didn't make it I found it on the zeldainformer facebook page when someone posted it in the comments of the original image

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Are people still talking about the fake "screenshot"? Aside from the obvious reason that it only includes 2 characters that haven't been revealed, one of which is a reused render (this automatically deconfirms it), It says "Pikmin and Olimar" and "Rosalina and Luma." That's only for promotional purposes, like Pikmin and Olimar was for Brawl. When the game comes out, Their squares will say Olimar and Rosalina.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I find myself disbelieving that roster screenshot because of the absence of Diddy when it's basically common knowledge that he's getting revealed next month, be it on the website or in a Direct.

Reznor

work in progress
I find myself disbelieving that roster screenshot because of the absence of Diddy when it's basically common knowledge that he's getting revealed next month, be it on the website or in a Direct.
also it's just every character on the Smash 4 site right now with Mewtwo added :facepalm:

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I like how most Leaks nowadays include Tingle. If just one... just one leak is true, Ill be happy.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Just saying, I didn't make it I found it on the zeldainformer facebook page when someone posted it in the comments of the original image
Definitely. No worries.

Are people still talking about the fake "screenshot"? Aside from the obvious reason that it only includes 2 characters that haven't been revealed, one of which is a reused render (this automatically deconfirms it), It says "Pikmin and Olimar" and "Rosalina and Luma." That's only for promotional purposes, like Pikmin and Olimar was for Brawl. When the game comes out, Their squares will say Olimar and Rosalina.
Not that I disagree but many of your points could be explained away with the game is in development and no one knows when this screen was supposedly captured (alpha beta etc).

For now I think that this screen shot is plausible. Likely fake but plausible.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
List of character models that some guy with s*** grammar on GameFAQs claims are in the game.

Hi there I am sorry and apologize for the grammar, English is not the native language of my people. Recently, up to when I was dismissed for personal reasons related to the act of me, I was employee at Sora Co. Ltd. I was upset at the employer of my past, therefore we have decided to post the information to the new Dairanto Smash Brothers for Wii U for you. I select the English site in the hope I have a lot of time to spread this information .

Because I was involved in designing the character models for the game only, I do not know much about the game other than that . It was also only the job for me, I admit I am not a fan of Nintendo on a large scale. So I do not know too much about the majority of these characters other than how they look like, but whether there is any confusion I might be able to identify them further . Anyway, this is a list of the names of the specified character in my group narrowed down by people who had the animation file associated with (from my understanding, there is also the static model of the character that you want to collect). I do not know whether these are fighter or something else.

Ashley
BalanceWiiBoard
Blues
CaptainFalcon
Chikorita
CrankyKong
CrazyHand
Chrom
CustomRobo
Dedede
Deoxys
DiddyKong
DixieKong
DonkeyKong
ExciteBike
Falco
Fiarrow
Fire
Fox
Fushigisou
Ganondorf
Gekkouga
Grace
Guradon
Haniwakun
Hitodeman
Hitotsuki
Houou
IceClimber
Jirachi
KnuckleJoe
Link
LittleMac
Lizardon
Loftbird
Lubba
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Lugia
Kabigon
Kirby
Kireihana
Koopa
Kaioga
Manafi
Mario
Marth
Marumain
MasterHand
MetaKnight
Metroid
Mii
Monita
MrGameWatch
Murabito
Myu
Myutwo
Ness
Nintendog
Numera
Nyarth
Palutena
Peach
Peliko
Pikachu
PikminOlimar
Pit
PokemonTrainer
Purin
Resetsan
Ridley
Robin
Robot
Rockman
Roland
RosettaChiko
SakiAmamiya
SamuraiGoroh
Samus
Seichi
Serebii
Shadow
Shisho
Sheik
Shulk
Sonans
Sonic
Stafy
StalKid
Tabuu
Takamaru
Tinkle
Togepy
Toon Link
Tosakinto
Tsunekichi
Victini
Vivillon
WaddleDee
Waluigi
Wario
WiiFitTrainer
Wolf
WonderBlack
WonderBlue
WonderRed
WonderGreen
WonderPink
Xerneas
YellowDevil
Yoshi
Yveltal
ZakoCrazy
ZakoMagic
ZakoHeavy
ZakoLeader
ZakoPower
ZakoSpeed
Zelda
Zenigame
Zoroark
Zygarde

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Yeah, I might be extending my break from here, finals and parents finding out about a few missing assignments and such... so I'll be back hopefully before April!

List of character models that some guy with s*** grammar on GameFAQs claims are in the game.

Hi there I am sorry and apologize for the grammar, English is not the native language of my people. Recently, up to when I was dismissed for personal reasons related to the act of me, I was employee at Sora Co. Ltd. I was upset at the employer of my past, therefore we have decided to post the information to the new Dairanto Smash Brothers for Wii U for you. I select the English site in the hope I have a lot of time to spread this information .

Because I was involved in designing the character models for the game only, I do not know much about the game other than that . It was also only the job for me, I admit I am not a fan of Nintendo on a large scale. So I do not know too much about the majority of these characters other than how they look like, but whether there is any confusion I might be able to identify them further . Anyway, this is a list of the names of the specified character in my group narrowed down by people who had the animation file associated with (from my understanding, there is also the static model of the character that you want to collect). I do not know whether these are fighter or something else.

Ashley
BalanceWiiBoard
Blues
CaptainFalcon
Chikorita
CrankyKong
CrazyHand
Chrom
CustomRobo
Dedede
Deoxys
DiddyKong
DixieKong
DonkeyKong
ExciteBike
Falco
Fiarrow
Fire
Fox
Fushigisou
Ganondorf
Gekkouga
Grace
Guradon
Haniwakun
Hitodeman
Hitotsuki
Houou
IceClimber
Jirachi
KnuckleJoe
Link
LittleMac
Lizardon
Loftbird
Lubba
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Lugia
Kabigon
Kirby
Kireihana
Koopa
Kaioga
Manafi
Mario
Marth
Marumain
MasterHand
MetaKnight
Metroid
Mii
Monita
MrGameWatch
Murabito
Myu
Myutwo
Ness
Nintendog
Numera
Nyarth
Palutena
Peach
Peliko
Pikachu
PikminOlimar
Pit
PokemonTrainer
Purin
Resetsan
Ridley
Robin
Robot
Rockman
Roland
RosettaChiko
SakiAmamiya
SamuraiGoroh
Samus
Seichi
Serebii
Shadow
Shisho
Sheik
Shulk
Sonans
Sonic
Stafy
StalKid
Tabuu
Takamaru
Tinkle
Togepy
Toon Link
Tosakinto
Tsunekichi
Victini
Vivillon
WaddleDee
Waluigi
Wario
WiiFitTrainer
Wolf
WonderBlack
WonderBlue
WonderRed
WonderGreen
WonderPink
Xerneas
YellowDevil
Yoshi
Yveltal
ZakoCrazy
ZakoMagic
ZakoHeavy
ZakoLeader
ZakoPower
ZakoSpeed
Zelda
Zenigame
Zoroark
Zygarde
Lubba is a background object in the Mario Galaxy stage, driving the Starship Mario. It's definitely fake.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No, it's not supposed to be character models specifically, it's models of characters who appear in the game, period. Assist Trophies, Pokemon, Stage Elements, etc. are included.

Granted, it's still one of those faux-Japanese-to-English leaks.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
No, it's not supposed to be character models specifically, it's models of characters who appear in the game, period. Assist Trophies, Pokemon, Stage Elements, etc. are included.

D-does this mean that Wii Balance Board is deconfirmed? :c

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's a nice roster, and really believable. I need Tingle in the world. Tingle and Dixie are the two characters I really like, that I feel have a shot in this game.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Ah, my fault.

Ah, it's my fault.

But, if they bother to call Mega Man, Bowser, Jigglypuff and R.O.B. by their Japanese names, why is Chrom not Kuromu?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ah, my fault.

Ah, it's my fault.

But, if they bother to call Mega Man, Bowser, Jigglypuff and R.O.B. by their Japanese names, why is Chrom not Kuromu?
Because he slipped up. Of course, he's over there now claiming that "someone else made the names." Yeah, right.

Anyways, that "Unknown Forum Final Roster" image is the Translator Leak's roster, just with Tingle chosen over Ghirahim, plus the addition of alt. costumes for Mario/Pokemon Trainer/K. Rool.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I come back to see all these odd leaks after the two best ones we've had so far...deconfirmation of Jiggs and Yoshi? What?! -_- Talk about a fake

Louie G.

Smash Hero
But what if Yoshi is revealed on Smash 64's anniversary (January 21st) and Mewtwo is revealed on his birthday (February 6th).
THEN we get Diddy on February 13th.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Ashley
BalanceWiiBoard
Blues
CaptainFalcon
Chikorita
CrankyKong
CrazyHand
Chrom
CustomRobo
Dedede
Deoxys
DiddyKong
DixieKong
DonkeyKong
ExciteBike
Falco
Fiarrow
Fire
Fox
Fushigisou
Ganondorf
Gekkouga
Grace
Guradon
Haniwakun
Hitodeman
Hitotsuki
Houou
IceClimber
Jirachi
KnuckleJoe
Link
LittleMac
Lizardon
Loftbird
Lubba
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Lugia
Kabigon
Kirby
Kireihana
Koopa
Kaioga
Manafi
Mario
Marth
Marumain
MasterHand
MetaKnight
Metroid
Mii
Monita
MrGameWatch
Murabito
Myu
Myutwo
Ness
Nintendog
Numera
Nyarth
Palutena
Peach
Peliko
Pikachu
PikminOlimar
Pit
PokemonTrainer
Purin
Resetsan
Ridley
Robin
Robot
Rockman
Roland
RosettaChiko
SakiAmamiya
SamuraiGoroh
Samus
Seichi
Serebii
Shadow
Shisho
Sheik
Shulk
Sonans
Sonic
Stafy
StalKid
Tabuu
Takamaru
Tinkle
Togepy
Toon Link
Tosakinto
Tsunekichi
Victini
Vivillon
WaddleDee
Waluigi
Wario
WiiFitTrainer
Wolf
WonderBlack
WonderBlue
WonderRed
WonderGreen
WonderPink
Xerneas
YellowDevil
Yoshi
Yveltal
ZakoCrazy
ZakoMagic
ZakoHeavy
ZakoLeader
ZakoPower
ZakoSpeed
Zelda
Zenigame
Zoroark
Zygarde
Its more like this one attempted to mash everything in the list from Assist Trophies, Pokeballs and Playable characters.

Taking this with a grain of salt.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Because he slipped up. Of course, he's over there now claiming that "someone else made the names." Yeah, right.

Anyways, that "Unknown Forum Final Roster" image is the Translator Leak's roster, just with Tingle chosen over Ghirahim, plus the addition of alt. costumes for Mario/Pokemon Trainer/K. Rool.
I love it when actual "leakers" try to cover their butts in the lamest way possible.

But what if Yoshi is revealed on Smash 64's anniversary (January 21st) and Mewtwo is revealed on his birthday (February 6th).
THEN we get Diddy on February 13th.
That's actually rather convenient.

Also, found yet another leak to disconfirm, it went along with that one which LackadaisyAlex did the analysis on.

I know it's fake, I can prove every single thing fake in this picture, but I want to see you guys burn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom