• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zoroarkrules said he was going to make a false leak for "our enjoyment" a few days ago, so there it is. Funny, when I was going over the leaks last night, I noticed that, with most of the Smashboards user false leaks, the leak's author is the one to post it in this thread, usually accompanied by a comment like "Have you guys seen this one?" or "I found this somewhere, check it out!" Just a heads-up for whatever future ones lie in store.
Suprised no one thought before you. Anyway i threw henry in there to give it away, never played FE though, so i asked people i knew about it. I'm suprised no one pointed the reggie part out 1st though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
too many leaks. leak overload. Worst of all, I don't like half the leaked rosters.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
So many leaky individuals, and the secretion often smells like bull****... They ought to get it checked at the doctor.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
What a **** leak, 2/10 wouldn't bang, into the trash it goes, see me after class, etc.
Mixing a metaphor involving banging with one involving a classroom setting? Er... well... hmmm... but... How about I just say, "I really hope you aren't a teacher," and leave it at that.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
We really need to stop with the troll leaks here. Let's just let the "leakers" do their thing rather then a bunch of us go and troll other websites.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Nah. It's similar only in that its Mewtwo. That's about it.
Either way, they proved it wrong with the yoshi picture and although the Mewtwo picture is not correct doesn't mean that they should be embarrassed by it. Geez, have some kindness on the internet. Everyone is so rude these days.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
BKupa? Can you do us all a favor and remove the troll leaks? Also, it'd be helpful to include a list of what would kill the actual rumors.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Either way, they proved it wrong with the yoshi picture and although the Mewtwo picture is not correct doesn't mean that they should be embarrassed by it. Geez, have some kindness on the internet. Everyone is so rude these days.
I suppose. Unless Yoshi isn't done, and they decided to use official artwork as placeholder.

Make it brighter, move some things around you could do that
Look at the silhouettes of both images. Totally different. The model, the curves, the lines, the negative space and the lighting. Look at the "leaked" image; Mewtwo has a neck, his thumb is right next to his face and covering up a bit of his shoulder. Look at the right side of his face. His head protrudes out, goes in and then his cheek juts out (in classic anime fashion) - whereas on the trophy, the sides of his face are mostly smooth and convex.

The trophy has no neck either and his hand is curled up. The closest finger to the face is quite further than the leaked image and that is Mewtwo's middle finger and not his thumb. The view is slightly different too with the leaked image of Mewtwo turning his face a bit more and having his eyes closer together than that of the trophy. Notice how far the leaked image's left eye is from the edge of his face while the trophy's eyes are at the very edge. Also notice the lighting. The leaked image's lighting is from behind and to the left. The front of his face is in shadow while the left side is lit and the right side has a tiny edge of light. The trophy art on the other hand has the lighting coming from above and in front of the model...slightly to the left. All this and I haven't (and won't) touch upon the obvious difference in pupil placement and eye shape/angle.

I like to draw so I usually pay attention to extreme detail. That's why I initially noticed the totally different different lighting and differences in negative space. This is artwork or a model that we haven't sourced, or the "leaker" drew it himself, which begs the question why not draw Yoshi as well? (or even more insane; this could be real)

FYI, I don't think this image is real or fake. Just a curious photo.

Edit: Here's an image I made:

and here:

The design is from a trophy, someone could've easily just rotate it a tiny bit
The only problem with that is his hand, and the models do really seem to be completely different.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Sorry itsa fake. Not real.

My guess it will in fact look similar, as these the flat design is becoming the norm (twitch, xbox one, iphone 5).

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The screen is extremely similar to that of Brawl's, maybe just a bit brighter. Besides, where are the names of the characters (On the bottom portion) and wheres the "Ready to Fight!" sign?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
maybe yoshi's not done and that is placeholder image
i want to believe
Could be possible. If we're going to have a rumor thread I'd like for us to be more diligent in debunking rumors and images. A picture with official artwork doesn't automatically mean the image is fake. The probability of it being fake likely goes up, but because I haven't seen this image of Mewtwo I think that it is a curious image, whatever it is.

Though, like I said earlier there's only a few options here:

1. It's fake but we haven't found the image he used and he didn't drastically edit this unknown Mewtwo image.
2. It's fake and the "leaker" created a new image of Mewtwo. (But why for Mewtwo and not Yoshi?)
3. It's fake and the "leaker" manipulated or altered an existing image/model of Mewtwo for the leak. (But again why not for Yoshi?)
4. The image is real leak (which means Yoshi probably has a placeholder image)

It's entirely possible that the answer to the parenthetical questions in 2 and 3 is that the leaker got lazy or impatient and didn't feel like doing the same with Yoshi. Who knows. As I said, it's a curious image until someone finds the source of that Mewtwo picture.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BKupa? Can you do us all a favor and remove the troll leaks? Also, it'd be helpful to include a list of what would kill the actual rumors.
I'm going to separate out the troll leaks for now, though I think keeping them so as to eliminate confusion is best. I'll add in some killers where I can.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I think K. Rool would be an awesome DK rep .-. And I dont know why =P I also want to hear some more leaks on the stage builder, it was one of my favorite things about Brawl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, here's the link to my leak compilation from last page, so you all can reference the leak names I'm using. I think the categories I have and the leaks I've placed in each one are accurate, but anyone who cares to dispute one can do so, of course.

Remember, this doesn't kill off even the most ridiculous, disgusting, backstory-laden leaks yet if their information hasn't yet been proven wrong. If you want to cut off the ridiculous, disgusting, backstory-laden leaks, your list of live leaks will be much shorter. I've asterisked the live leaks I, personally, would disregard in a heartbeat.

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item
[/COLLAPSE]
Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Almost Every Leak Is Entirely False Leak
  • Not killable
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Sandbag Leak *
  • The Sandbag not being revealed on Jan. 31
  • Diddy not being revealed on Feb. 13
  • Wario not being revealed March 21
  • Lucas not being revealed April 20
  • Palutena not being revealed in a Direct
  • Mii not being revealed in a May Nintendo Direct
  • Sheik not being revealed in a June Nintendo Direct
  • Chrom not being announced at E3 2014
  • Mewtwo not being revealed at the end of E3 2014 Smash trailer
  • Paper Mario not being revealed in August
  • Ice Climbers not being revealed pre-release
  • Exclusion of Tingle, Mewtwo, Solo Charizard, K. Rool, Palutena, Hades, Chrom, Takamaru, Sandbag, Paper Mario, Little Mac, Mii
  • Inclusion of Squirtle & Ivysaur (Trainer or otherwise), Ike
  • Exclusion of any veteran not listed in above bulletpoint
  • Exclusion of Krystal, Prince Poo, Isabelle, Lissa or Bass Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of Temple, New Pork City, Pirate Ship, "Ito_Y, Oba_keikoku, Master_Tower, PM_Stage and Pkmn3" stages
  • Ridley being anything but a stage hazard
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Basty Leak *
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Dixie, Sheik, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (with Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, Chrom, Another Fire Emblem Character, Impa
  • Inclusion of Snake, Ike, Lucario, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (without Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Stork
  • Exclusion of Cookie Country (Wii U), Pokemon Stadium 3 (Wii U), Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Luigi's Mansion (3DS) stages
  • Exclusion of Knuckles or Waluigi Assist Trophy
  • Inclusion of Kat & Ana Assist Trophy
  • Phantom is anything but an Assist Trophy
  • Luigi keeping his Final Smash
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario costume
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#2) *
  • I don't f**king know, I can't decipher the bloody thing.
[/COLLAPSE]

Anyway, this is basically a fun thing to look at for now, but in the future, it might be best to not compile every leak we see in this manner. Eventually, it's going to become a massive torrent of false s***, even more than it is now, and the vast majority of it won't be able to be confirmed or disconfirmed until release. Unless there's a date attached, or a piece of specific information that would specifically peg it one way or the other, it would be best to just file them away and wait.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got a leak for you guys.

Because of how my account is known for being Entei-themed, Sakurai sent me an e-mail confirming that Entei will once again be a Poke Ball summon.

How nice of him.
I wish I could make a joke like that before Toon Link was confirmed. :laugh:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
You sound like an awful person.
Somewhat ironic to tell someone how awful of a person they are from one innocuous post, eh but whatever. I don't really care for slinging insults.

Edit: more to the point I wasn't calling out Sonicguy, as I assumed he just re-posted that image. If he made it, then well that's another thing. I didn't call Sonicguy an awful person, and I didn't directly call whoever made the comparison an awful person either. They just made a mistake ... but the problem is, images like that spread. I find images like that to be just as bad as the fake leaks because they improperly debunk an image causing the smash community to miss possibly legitimate information. Granted it's probably fake but unwittingly spreading misinformation that you've come up with is never good, and always embarrassing. Doesn't make someone an awful person for doing it though ...

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
maybe yoshi's not done and that is placeholder image
i want to believe
Yoshi's not really going anywhere, so there's nothing to really worry about. Dunno what the deal is. Mewtwo's the only other character in the roster who isn't already confirmed.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
According to posters on gamefaqs ChaosZer0 stopped posting leaks because nobody believed him, and treated him like ****.
Not to harp, but this is another reason I'd like to examine these sorts of things closer. Such a shame what happened there. I'm curious if he knows anything about SSB4 ...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
spent the past 10 minutes trying to figure out what your trying to say....but i think you want us to not disscus leaks.....which is against the very point of this topic
no I mean to make fake leaks, sorry was in a hurry :(

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Was anyone else here a part of the fun? Someone made a topic on Gamefaqs(that's since been deleted) and posted this easily fake-able image. Then when he was asked for the actual link or the forum name, and he couldn't find it, he was promptly torn to shreds lol. But man do I wish that list was real.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yep. Wasn't even gonna bother posting it over here since that guy was so blatantly disingenuous when people asked him for a source. Even if it was, say, a private forum, he could have answered that instead of pretending to "search" for the site and predictably coming up empty-handed.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Posting this again for reference.
The two most recent leaks (this and the translator) interest me quite a bit. They could both very well be true.
This because Mewtwo art, and Translator because Ashley.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Okay, here's the link to my leak compilation from last page, so you all can reference the leak names I'm using. I think the categories I have and the leaks I've placed in each one are accurate, but anyone who cares to dispute one can do so, of course.

Remember, this doesn't kill off even the most ridiculous, disgusting, backstory-laden leaks yet if their information hasn't yet been proven wrong. If you want to cut off the ridiculous, disgusting, backstory-laden leaks, your list of live leaks will be much shorter. I've asterisked the live leaks I, personally, would disregard in a heartbeat.

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

• Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item
[/COLLAPSE]
Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Almost Every Leak Is Entirely False Leak
  • Not killable
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Sandbag Leak *
  • The Sandbag not being revealed on Jan. 31
  • Wario not being revealed March 21
  • Lucas not being revealed April 20
  • Palutena not being revealed in a Direct
  • Mii not being revealed in a May Nintendo Direct
  • Sheik not being revealed in a June Nintendo Direct
  • Chrom not being announced at E3 2014
  • Mewtwo not being revealed at the end of E3 2014 Smash trailer
  • Paper Mario not being revealed in August
  • Ice Climbers not being revealed pre-release
  • Exclusion of Tingle, Mewtwo, Solo Charizard, K. Rool, Palutena, Hades, Chrom, Takamaru, Sandbag, Paper Mario, Little Mac, Mii
  • Inclusion of Squirtle & Ivysaur (Trainer or otherwise), Ike
  • Exclusion of any veteran not listed in above bulletpoint
  • Exclusion of Krystal, Prince Poo, Isabelle, Lissa or Bass Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of Temple, New Pork City, Pirate Ship, "Ito_Y, Oba_keikoku, Master_Tower, PM_Stage and Pkmn3" stages
  • Ridley being anything but a stage hazard
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Basty Leak *
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Dixie, Sheik, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (with Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, Chrom, Another Fire Emblem Character, Impa
  • Inclusion of Snake, Ike, Lucario, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (without Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Stork
  • Exclusion of Cookie Country (Wii U), Pokemon Stadium 3 (Wii U), Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Luigi's Mansion (3DS) stages
  • Exclusion of Knuckles or Waluigi Assist Trophy
  • Inclusion of Kat & Ana Assist Trophy
  • Phantom is anything but an Assist Trophy
  • Luigi keeping his Final Smash
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario costume
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#2) *
  • I don't f**king know, I can't decipher the bloody thing.
[/COLLAPSE]

Anyway, this is basically a fun thing to look at for now, but in the future, it might be best to not compile every leak we see in this manner. Eventually, it's going to become a massive torrent of false s***, even more than it is now, and the vast majority of it won't be able to be confirmed or disconfirmed until release. Unless there's a date attached, or a piece of specific information that would specifically peg it one way or the other, it would be best to just file them away and wait.

Why aren't you the new OP to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom