• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't know, any sequels can't capture the utter rawness of their love - it'll never be as true as it began. Soon people will make fake accounts just to continue it. But the original was a able to live on in history!

As for Mii, we all say we'll hate it, but back up a second. I know i'm not the only one who wasn't too keen on having Rosalina take up a slot, but now I can't wait to play as her.

If they show off a kickass moveset you can't tell me it'll be disagreeable. Maybe it will happen, who knows?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon x Tekken?

Yuck. Yucky yuck awful idea pukey yuck yuck yuck.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I couldn't disagree more. Just because there are groups of people who will go "Ooh, shiny!" and praise Sakurai for adding literally any character to the game regardless of who they are or what they do, doesn't mean everyone will. The Mii specifically is an inherently awful idea because, regardless of how "unique" its moveset is (which, for the record, swinging props is not, now that Game & Watch and Villager exist), it entails unavoidable online Piinises and Hiitlers.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon x Tekken?

Yuck. Yucky yuck awful idea pukey yuck yuck yuck.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ever notice how if there is a legitimate leak (Yoshi's Island Wii U), or perceived leak (Pokken), every leaker throws it into their "leak" to look legitimate. I was fooled with Mach Rider Unchained. Never again.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
PLEASE don't let the mii be true.....I will be super butthurt about that, not even gonna deny it. at best the miis could be an AT or background element but please not a newcomer...ew

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I couldn't disagree more. Just because there are groups of people who will go "Ooh, shiny!" and praise Sakurai for adding literally any character to the game regardless of who they are or what they do, doesn't mean everyone will. The Mii specifically is an inherently awful idea because, regardless of how "unique" its moveset is (which, for the record, swinging props is not, now Game & Watch and Villager exist), it entails unavoidable online Piinises and Hiitlers.
Just as Pokemon X and Y got super strict with the nicknaming of Pokemon in the game, Nintendo could possibly do something of the same and even check the design of the Mii and see if its online friendly...would take work, but hey?

Also...these leaks sound highly interesting. I for one am looking forward to this Mii leak...but if anything really makes my brows raise is this Pokemon x Tekken.....Pokemon....x....Tekken?!?!?! I will lose it and die of hype if this is legit. I will also be really excited if it looks amazing!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just as Pokemon X and Y got super strict with the nicknaming of Pokemon in the game, Nintendo could possibly do something of the same and even check the design of the Mii and see if its online friendly...would take work, but hey?
The Mii doesn't have to be phallic to be a grating abomination. There will undoubtedly be endless Reggie idiots who go online just to write "MY BODY IS READY" into the taunt text box and spam that endlessly, for example. And that's just scratching the surface...Chuck Norrises, Obamas, Justin Biebers, and the like, are all sure to follow.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The Mii doesn't have to be phallic to be a grating abomination. There will undoubtedly be endless Reggie idiots who go online just to write "MY BODY IS READY" into the taunt text box and spam that endlessly, for example. And that's just scratching the surface...Chuck Norrises, Obamas, Justin Biebers, and the like, are all sure to follow.
I suppose you're right. Well, if anything maybe they can lock it to our PERSONAL Mii on the 3DS and Wii U systems. So in order to change it, we'd need to actually CHANGE our Mii just for online use....sorry for the cap happiness xD

But that could settle things somewhat well. Gives less variety than was expected for the character, but it'd be more controlled online unless people are really desperate to have a penis or a hitler as there personal Mii :|

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I couldn't disagree more. Just because there are groups of people who will go "Ooh, shiny!" and praise Sakurai for adding literally any character to the game regardless of who they are or what they do, doesn't mean everyone will. The Mii specifically is an inherently awful idea because, regardless of how "unique" its moveset is (which, for the record, swinging props is not, now Game & Watch and Villager exist), it entails unavoidable online Piinises and Hiitlers.
Can't make assumptions like that, in my experience with Miiverse thus far, there are far less of those accounts being shown or made. People like to represent themselves. And I'd imagine it's the profiles Mii that would be used in game, not like on the Wii where in game you can choose your Mii out of many. You can make Miis on your Wii U but you have only 1 that is displayed to the community. There are a few joke accounts which are indeed cringe worthy but they're doing a better job than on the Wii. Not too much profanity either. You can't doubt stuff like that until the game comes out. Personally, however, I think that there will be a bit of that. But I prefer that before people chilling on final destination spamming Ike's side smash.

As for moveset, again, you don't know for sure what kind of moves it will have. Not saying it won't have props, but Sakurai hasn't been lazy with his newcomers so far, so don't go and doubt his team yet. Nobody can doubt Rosalina's unique moveset, I for one was sold on it. The only reason we're excited by them is because everyone shown so far (the least so is Villager) DO have unique elements (Yoga Moves, Long range Megaman moves, Ice ClOlimar moves). The thing is these newcomers aren't Ikes, Wolfs or Lucas' ; They actually have interesting aspects and new features that do give people that excitable feeling. Rosalina was shafted as a Peach semi-clone by most in the community if I remember correctly.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Can't make assumptions like that, in my experience with Miiverse thus far, there are far less of those accounts being shown or made. People like to represent themselves. And I'd imagine it's the profiles Mii that would be used in game, not like on the Wii where in game you can choose your Mii out of many. You can make Miis on your Wii U but you have only 1 that is displayed to the community. There are a few joke accounts which are indeed cringe worthy but they're doing a better job than on the Wii. Not too much profanity either. You can't doubt stuff like that until the game comes out. Personally, however, I think that there will be a bit of that. But I prefer that before people chilling on final destination spamming Ike's side smash.

As for moveset, again, you don't know for sure what kind of moves it will have. Not saying it won't have props, but Sakurai hasn't been lazy with his newcomers so far, so don't go and doubt his team yet. Nobody can doubt Rosalina's unique moveset, I for one was sold on it. The only reason we're excited by them is because everyone shown so far (the least so is Villager) DO have unique elements (Yoga Moves, Long range Megaman moves, Ice ClOlimar moves). The thing is these newcomers aren't Ikes, Wolfs or Lucas' ; They actually have interesting aspects and new features that do give people that excitable feeling. Rosalina was shafted as a Peach semi-clone by most in the community if I remember correctly.
If that is the case with only one Mii being usable, like Nintendotard also suggested above, that would soften the blow, but that still does nothing to make the Mii an endearing character, which really can't be done because the Mii isn't a character, it's an empty husk into which you are inserted, so to speak. People get excited over absolutely everything that's added to Smash, so I don't really put much faith in what they say, either. Especially when they go giddy over Wii Fit Trainer being oh-so-unique for being a Glorified Wireframe, but hey, the Unpopular Opinions thread exists for a reason.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw c'mon guys.

Miis aren't that bad.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
*patiently waits for these three characters to be confirmed*

Sakurai can show who the **** he wants, when he wants, regardless of their stage of development.
Not gonna lie, I would lol pretty hard if he showed some polygon with the caption: Little Mac joins the fight! Be back in approximately three months to see his completed design.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Until your fighting penis faces.

And if you can customize them with any move, game breaking.

But if there's none of that then I guess its fine, as long as the roster shapes up nicely.
And until they potentially waste an inordinate amount of development time due to different size, height and weight combinations being taken into consideration.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Now now @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , I said only for ONLINE USE it would render it to making it use our Personal Miis. Offline we could be as offensive as we want hahaha

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Until your fighting penis faces.

And if you can customize them with any move, game breaking.

But if there's none of that then I guess its fine, as long as the roster shapes up nicely.
1. Penis faces aren't a problem in games like Mario Kart. I don't see why Smash would be different.
2. Probably won't be customizable like that.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
1. Penis faces aren't a problem in games like Mario Kart. I don't see why Smash would be different.
2. Probably won't be customizable like that.
1. Which Is why I don't play MK wii, plus its a mess, I hope MK 8 is vastly better.
2. What else could they get? more random stuff like the villager?

are we gonna get 3 avatars? mii, robin, villager? c'mon there needs to be more personality than that. Though the villager is cool.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
1. Which Is why I don't play MK wii, plus its a mess, I hope MK 8 is vastly better.
2. What else could they get? more random stuff like the villager?

are we gonna get 3 avatars? mii, robin, villager? c'mon there needs to be more personality than that. Though the villager is cool.
As I've said on previous occasions regarding Miis they have a variety of things to go from, the mini games on the Mii Plaza on the 3DS, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Party, playable appearances in Mario games, etc. So they'd have a "Villager-ish" moveset, but in their own unique way.

Mii would be more "diverse" I suppose than Villager since the most we'll get for him is a female Villager alt like how they did for Miss Fit and turn him into Mr. Fit.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
That sounds painfully dull, like taking Peach's F-Smash and applying it to an entire moveset.
Ouch...speaking of Peach, girl needs a new final Smash -_-. Why not Rage Peach from Super Princess Peach instead ;\

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ouch...speaking of Peach, girl needs a new final Smash -_-. Why not Rage Peach from Super Princess Peach instead ;\
Segue time!

Well, one of the previous leaks did say that every character except Samus and Bowser were getting new Final Smashes...

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If the reason you care about Miis being in the game is because you are afraid of fighting ***** and hitlers online, then shame on you.

You should hate it because its just a ******** idea in general to add them

Espio264

Smash Ace
Wait. So, Peach pulls out Mii so we can get Toad back? Sorry, I'm still kinda smashed, I don't know how I got into this thread. All of the last few posts ran together. Blue Toad for all the kids!

EDIT: Please excuse this post. I've had an upsetting day. It's for entertainment purposes only and should not be viewed by children under the age of... well, viewer discretion advised and such.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Segue time!

Well, one of the previous leaks did say that every character except Samus and Bowser were getting new Final Smashes...
Makes sense too, a few characters had more potential to get better ones in the previous games (Lucario, Peach, Zamus, Meta Knight, Ness/Lucas, the Star Fox trio [oh my God...],etc) but some characters like Captain Falcon, Link, and Olimar? What else could they get? Only thing I can think of Captain Falcon is the same thing, but with an added Mega Falcon Punch to really make things badass! Like in that anime meme thingy

Oh! And also, of all characters to not have their final smashes changed, why not Bowser? I mean...I guess Giga Bowser was alright but why not something different?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just realized something...

The Dedede leak said that we'd get Dr. Mario somehow right?

Tonight's update is on the day of Dr. Luigi's release in Japan....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If the reason you care about Miis being in the game is because you are afraid of fighting ****s and hitlers online, then shame on you.

I assumed that much was obvious.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Last time we got shown alternate costumes, it was for the release of that one Wii Fit update, right? Perhaps it'll happen again...if Sakurai has shed his bizarre notion that Dr. Mario throwing fireballs is weird, that is.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Last time we got shown alternate costumes, it was for the release of that one Wii Fit update, right? Perhaps it'll happen again...if Sakurai has shed his bizarre notion that Dr. Mario throwing fireballs is weird, that is.
Couldn't he just do the same thing Project M did for that?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Why must they tease us with Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U. I would love to see it in any fashion, a VC release, an HD remake, another sequel. But we'll just have to wait another ten years for another Year of Luigi or something...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
This latest leak is VERY interesting. Now we wait until the next direct to see if its true, if mii is confirmed then i'll be hyped for all these cool games coming out.

Also I believe that the little pac mii leak was legitimate. Nintendo probably caught wind of it and backtracked.
I actually want pacman he is a classic so speak for yourself :p

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I doubt Sakurai is going to copy anything from Project M.
Well he wouldn't copy per say, but...well I mean if they could do it why not Nintendo? It's really the only interesting alt Mario has unless they wanna give him the Tanooki suit

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I actually want pacman he is a classic so speak for yourself :p
um I never said anything bad about pacman, read it again. I believe the leak is true, thus he may well be in. Just at a different time.

If the reason you care about Miis being in the game is because you are afraid of fighting ****s and hitlers online, then shame on you.

I'm not afraid, its just a stupid customization thing, its not funny at all.

For the record its both, if they are added in, they better be done right.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't really want the Miis, they are as you say not even a character, you can't attach yourself to ... yourself, but it has to happen eventually unfortunately . Games where you can choose your character on Nintendo seem to always have them strutting their stuff. What makes Smash so different? ... (except y'know, this is a smash site and we all live and breath it soooo **** like that matters to us). What I refer to is the big heads at Nintendo and the casual audience liking the idea. We are, sadly, the minority here.

You think Sakurai even raised an eyebrow to Project M or explored it? You think he was flattered by the hacks users have made or despises them? He never really ever says, Nintendos hush hush about that.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
You think Sakurai even raised an eyebrow to Project M or explored it? You think he was flattered by the hacks users have made or despises them? He never really ever says, Nintendos hush hush about that.
Plot Twist: Sakurai hired Project M to do the Dr. Mario costume and attributes for him in SSB4

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't really want the Miis, they are as you say not even a character, you can't attach yourself to ... yourself, but it has to happen eventually unfortunately . Games where you can choose your character on Nintendo seem to always have them strutting their stuff. What makes Smash so different? ... (except y'know, this is a smash site and we all live and breath it soooo **** like that matters to us). What I refer to is the big heads at Nintendo and the casual audience liking the idea. We are, sadly, the minority here.

mii's are just horrible generic character, we already got villager and wifit who are somewhat generic characters( at least there from actual games though)

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I reactivated my account from 6+ years ago just for this.

Because so many people on Smashboards seem a bit ignorant or confused as to what happened I will clarify the events surrounding the E3 leaker.

1. This post was made by Salromano before e3:
My unlikely predictions: Little Mac, Pac-Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii.
2. Sal Romano is an editor on a site called Gematsu. After the E3 reveals he posted this article, here is an excerpt:

Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed ...
That is what happened. The only question is was he lying about being tipped off -- or if the person who tipped them off was a fake. If he was tipped off, they weren't guesses at all. Instead of posting possibly fake rumors on what I'm sure Sal would like to be a legitimate place for gaming news, he opted to post them on Neogaf as a "guess".

You can find his twitter here: https://twitter.com/SalRomano

Anyway I hope that clears up confusion. Kind of frustrating as a lurker seeing people go round and round on this when all it took was a google search of the E3 leaker's Neogaf username.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I remember seeing that and getting pissed off sincr he innocently tried to play off like he "simply guessed" Miss Fit's inclusion. Can you say bull****?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom