• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't buy the rumor saying that Bowser Jr. won't be appearing at all, nor the rumor suggesting that there will only be "five" Mario reps. Pokemon got away with having "six" playables in Brawl (albeit three being owned by the Pokemon Trainer), so saying that Mario can't have "six" reps is highly irrelevant at this point, regardless of how low the odds might be.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Good lord, I really hope this one isn't true. Not only do we get 2 sonic characters, but Thajra is our FE newcomer? I'd take Corn over her any day.
It was just a joke "leak" made by someone on here. I actually think it was Wegenbarth himself :p

It just goes to show that Ashley isn't hard to predict as an AT really.

http://postimg.org/image/58352ycz7/

Just spotted this on /v/, what do we think, are the Yoshi and Mewtwo pic from anywhere?

Thought it could be fake because of character positions but the original E For All demo of brawl has characters all over the place.
A shame that the Yoshi picture was found elsewhere, I really dig the look of such a selection screen.

I don't buy the rumor saying that Bowser Jr. won't be appearing at all, nor the rumor suggesting that there will only be "five" Mario reps. Pokemon got away with having "six" playables in Brawl (albeit three being owned by the Pokemon Trainer), so saying that Mario can't have "six" reps is highly irrelevant at this point, regardless of how low the odds might be.
A leak saying that there are no more Mario characters is more likely to be possible than if it said otherwise. There's no reason to not believe a rumor just because it says Mario is done for character-wise, as you say yourself the odds are very low for it getting another rep.

Bowser Jr. was nowhere to be seen in Brawl either, so that's also a possible scenario this time around.

splat

Smash Lord

Looks like this art was used, but flipped. Simply Googled 'Yoshi' and this popped up.

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten to the punch by a lot while I was attempting to look for its origin. Eh.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Mewtwo's artwork wasn't anything officially made. I'm assuming it's fan art and nothing more.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97175555&postcount=7701
Well here is a leak where Ashley was first mentioned as an assist trophy.

Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
No new Star Fox characters.
Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
Villager has a female costume.
Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Mewtwo returns.
Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
No new Kirby characters.
Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
No changes made to the EarthBound series.
All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Snake returns.
Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A leak saying that there are no more Mario characters is more likely to be possible than if it said otherwise. There's no reason to not believe a rumor just because it says Mario is done for character-wise, as you say yourself the odds are very low for it getting another rep.

Bowser Jr. was nowhere to be seen in Brawl either, so that's also a possible scenario this time around.
It would still be good if Bowser Jr. was at least referenced in some way outside of a mere trophy cameo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Would love that ND rumor to be true, I want pokemon X animal crossing and pokemon X Teken is already confirmed by trade marks labeled Pokken Fighters. Anyway I hope it's true I want all of those to be true( especially girhiam in hyrule warriors). The other rumors seem a bit fake though.

D

Deleted member

Bumping the translator leak featuring Ashley for current reference.

The Translator Leak (1/10/14)

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
Granted, Ashley is easy enough to guess as a new WarioWare Assist Trophy, so I definitely wouldn't put too much stock in this yet, but at least's it's something APC can highlight in green in the OP.
Here is my two cents on this leak:
-Takamaru is not mentioned even once, and he is considered the most likely retro rep.
-Shulk is also not mentioned once, despite being one of Japan's most wanted characters and Sakurai posting a pic of Shulk's sword, the Monado, on his Twitter.
-Doubt Waluigi was considered.
-Doubt that we are going to get Ridley and Palutena. K. Rool is still possible to me.
-I think Wario's default outfit will be his WarioWare one as the concept shows him wearing it. His overalls will definitely return, however.
-Making Ganondorf's down special his sword seems odd.
-He mentions that Mewtwo and Lucario have different movesets when they had different movesets to begin with.
-Sorry Tingle fans, but he doesn't seem like a likely newcomer to me.
-Isn't it odd that one of the WFT's attacks are different from the two genders?
-It doesn't mention other things that people want, like Mario getting a Dr. Mario alt. or Luigi using his Poltergust.
-No mention of Miis.
-There should have been at least one mention of Roy…
-The leaker is confused about the tripping aspect.
-No cuts happen. This is the fishiest one to me. Sakurai even apologized prior to the people who liked certain characters, meaning that he can't bring every single one back. Cuts are going to happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey Guys, now with Ashley's reveil, I found another old leak in this Thread which mentioned Ashley as an Assist Trophy.

Hello, I'm the Super Smash Brother from the Super Smash Brothers.
I can't reveil my position, but I'm currently employed in working for the next Super Smash Bros Title for the Wii U and the 3DS.
English is not my mother language as it is japanese, so please excuse me for that in advance.

I made this account in disguise, I am using a Waluigi fanboy Avatar and trolled here and there at SmashBoards, in order to not getting noticed by the authorities at Nintendo. I also payed other people to do fake leaks, in order to make a huge mess so nobody knows which one might be true.
Sadly, none of them has the mind of a Sakurai, thus all fake leaks getting destroyed one after another.
I want to show you the current character roster, character changes and stages which are planned for the Wii U, but we aren't finished in deciding which stages should be used in the 3DS Version yet. Regarding Assist Trophies, most of them are usually done late, so they are also not finalized.
I am doing this in order to secretly hype you guys, so SmashBros will be even more succesfull and help with getting the sales for the Wii U up.

Characters:

Sakurai, despite ranting at the start of the development that simply doing a character roster of 50 and calling it the day wouldn't be enough, doesn't mean that you have to expect only a depressive small number of newcomer. After all, this is what makes SmashBros sell the most, if you get what I mean.
Now, with also Rosalina shown, you can guess that Sakurai made weird character choices so far for the fourth installment.
The full planned character rooster is:

Mario (he and Luigi have a Doc costume, which also changes the sound and visuals of the fireballs to a pill. Sakurai initially planned to make
Dr Mario a seperate character like in Melee, but changed his mind as this is less time consuming)
Luigi (see Mario, but his FinalSmash got changed to some kind of vacuum cleaner)
Bowser (most changes to his moveset were already shown. I think he is a pretty good character now. His Ultrasmash got changed so he can be knocked by strong attacks, but he has way more weight and attackpower himself so fighting him isn't a wise idea)
Peach (Her turnips have more different visuals, like in the Super Mario Bros 2 /Doki Doki panic game. Sakurai ranted that he would have changed the normal B attack if the mushroomhat guy was a playable character in SmashBros, and laughed a bit scary.)
Rosalina (when Sakurai mentioned her first, I was as much suprised as you, I can tell. Sakurai spent most of the time on working for a good moveset on this character, as she is rather complex)
Waluigi (I have to admit, he is my favourite character from those who are 100% finished. For this character, he made the whole team think of moveset ideas from the Mario Party and Sports games. He has many suprises on his sleeve, swimming in the air and using "cheat"like moves are some of them)

Link (his boomerang got changed. he now uses something new, which will Sakurai show in January to the public with a picture)
Zelda&Shiek (she keeps her twilight princess look. Nearly nothing changed, despite some balance changes to make her a "bit" stronger.)
ToonLink (he keeps the boomerang. Sakurai is also thinking if he gives YoungLink a glide with the deku-leaf, a thing which Aonuma suggested when he was visiting us)
Ganondorf (He now uses a sword, but with only a few of his attacks. Sakurai felt very guilty to change him at first, but the result made him proud. Some popular moves like his DownAir and Upsmash stayed the same, but his special attacks were all changed)
Tingle (this character is the one I liked the most. Despite the big hate around him, Sakurai made Tingle a fun and tricky character with his a unique Ruby system. This character uses the ballon a lot, allowing him to be longer in the air than peach.)

Pikachu (nothing special, but her voiceactor is really cute, I have to admit)
Purin (I'm not sure how she is called in english, I mean this floaty ballon pokemon which is way better than in Brawl. Sakurai decided to make the Down B stronger again)
Lucario (with the inclusion of Mewtwo, Sakurai wanted us to change his neutral B. I hope you guys will like the new move.)
Mewtwo (he was one of the last characters we had to do. His change are mostly like in Melee, and his ultrasmash is a strong psych move. He said making it a transformation would be too predictable and steal the uniquness from Bowser and Wario)
Poketrainer (despite making some tweeks to the movesets, the only true change is that the stamina system was removed. Sakurai felt it may be too restricting for people who want to master one certain Pokemon)
Pichu (he was easy to implement, as we based most of its moveset on Pikachu. Sakurai said Pichu would only take a minimal ammount of time to make and it would make some people happy to see this one again)

DonkeyKong (he is super strong now)
Diddey + Dixie (we changed his banana move with some new feature called partner swap. Here you can switch between Diddey or Dixie , kinda similar to the Poketrainer. Sakurai also mentioned that he wanted to include Dixie in Brawl already, but due to time problems caused by the Sonic debacle, she wasn't included)
KingKRool (Sakurai took this character from the popularity votes. I was very suprised he was so highly wanted, as most of us thought he was already forgotten)

Yoshi (When I asked Sakurai why he didn't reveil Yoshi yet, he laughed about how the other dragon keeps him hostage until this other dragon is shown. Most of his moves weren't changed a bit)
Magic Koopa (Another nice character with a unique theme. He is a summoner, similar to King Dedede, but mostly relies on his magic and teleportationskills instead of physical combat. Sakurai says he want to make an Event Match similar to the ending of Yoshi's Island with him).

Wario (his sidesmash can now be charged up, kinda like Ike's side special attack.)

Samus (she is powered up, visual wise.)
Without Suit Samus (it's easier now to lose the suit. You only need to downtaunt normaly. And she resemebles more the Samus from Other M)
Ridley (He was a big problem to implement at first. A really huge one. And Sakurai said he won't show Yoshi to the public until Ridley is 100% finished.)

Pit (I guess I don't need to say much to Pit, except that the new final smash isn't final yet.)
Paluntena (She has Pit's old ultrasmash, and she has very weird set of moves. Totally Sakuraistyle. But she is so awesome, I can't wait for the fanpics of her to come out.)

Fox (Not much has changed, but he got slightly buffed in his speed.)
Falco (no longer has a Landmaster, as Sakurai always said he personaly prefers the air, so we gave him an Airwing. He also uses a rocket launcher as a side B, Sakurai wanted to make Falco more ranged oriented while Fox should stay a Melee fighter.)
Wolf (We are still thinking what kind of FinalSmash to give him. For the rest, many moves have changed to make him more different from Falco and Fox)

Kirby (Sakurai talked about giving him an instantwin Combo, but laughed after that. His Stoneform does more damage now and comes way quicker on the ground. And we still haven't done any of his hats)
Metaknight (Sakurai said that people claimed he was way too powerful in Brawl. Yet we left his moveset without changes, since Sakurai liked the idea of having an overpowered monster character)
King Dedede (Everytime when Sakurai plays with him in his testmatches, he laughs as he hears his own voice the whole time. Dedede's Chargehammer was improved, making it a shieldbreaking move.)

Olimar (We decided to reduce his Pikmincount to 3, and to alter some of his moves. His recoverymove includes the Air-Pikmins, for example)

CaptainFalcon (FalconPunch now breaks shields on hit, and his knee hit is a bit easier to hit again)

Marth (Not much to say. Broken as always, and Sakurai gave him more buffs since he often loses with him against other developers)
Roy (People complained about his abscence in Brawl, so Sakurai included him and made him a mix of Marth and Ike, at least speedwise. He has some changes to his original moveset, which are still tweeked, though.
Ike (The hardhitter remained mostly the same. He is a very beginnerfriendly character and should stay like that.)
Tharja (This one was suggested from Intelligent Systems™ as it was their favourite character of their newest game in the series. As we already have 3 swordfighters, we welcomed a female Blackmage. But she is also using a sword for some moves, to make her kinda like a female Ganondorf, with more focus on magic.)

Ness (Sakurai mentioned a glitch from Melee, which we had to purposely reimplement for the tournament gamers. He wasn't changed much, except for his standart-B which is now a move Ness can use in his original games)
Lucas (his recoverymove was changed to make him less similar to Ness, as well as his Ultrasmash, which is now PK Love.)
Man with Mask (Sakurai wanted one villian from the Mother series to include since he loves Mother 3 so much, Porky and Man with Mask were on the list. Including Porky was a bit troublesome, as he was way too big in his robot and there isn't enough space on the disk for two "too big" characters, he decided to include Man with Mask. He is still in development with his moveset.
Important is, he said nobody expects a third Mother character, that's the mainreason why he wants to include one.)

Game&Watch (he has his old Neutral Air move from Melee, his Recovery now gives him twice as much height as in Brawl, but without the gliding cape he had.)

Robot (Sakurai wasn't sure at first to include him again, as many people disliked his addition in Brawl. But then we suggested a Robot model with Ridley parts, in order to make people like him now. His laser has one additional "charge", which is even stronger than the best charge in Brawl.)

IceClimbers (we had some problems with Nana Ai on the 3DS at first, as in 4player matches with 4 IceClimbers it was kinda... I don't want to get reminded how much work it was to get it done. But now it works, so don't worry.)

Little Mac (Sakurai wanted another Retrocharacter, and made another decision between Takumaru and Little Mac. Sakurai reminded himself, saying I need characters who bring something unique to the roster, and as we already had many swordusers, we decided to use Little Mac. He is a very fast combo character with nearly no knockback on his non-smash moves)

Takumaru (one weak later, when we nearly finished Little Mac, Sakurai nearly destroyed our door after he asked how far we are with Takumaru.
When we told him that we decided to include Little Mac, Sakurai made the scariest laugh of his life, and dragged one of my team members to his office. My teammember was seen around 5 weeks later, when we finished Little Mac AND Takumaru's movesets and character model. That was really scary.)

Wii Fit Trainer (I cried when I read that name for the first time. But Sakurai's laugh was too serious for a normal joke attempt. Overall, she is pretty balanced.)

Villager (Sakurai said he wanted another character which could break all fake rosters pre-E3. Since he feared that people might guess Miss Fit, he remembered saying that Villager wouldn't fit for a SmashBros game. He changed his mind and gave him one of the most creative movesets I ever saw.
Villagers Ultrasmash was inspired by a Movie with Nicolas Cage, I guess you all know what I mean.)

Sonic (he is a very fast character, hehe)
Shadow (we were contacted by SEGA officer shortly after SmashBros for Wii U was announced. They said they want to see another Sonic character added, to show their good relationship to Nintendo. Sakurai and SEGA officer then went gambling in a pachinko casino. If Sakurai wins he will add Shadow, if he loses (aka has lost more money than SEGA officer) he will add Tails. What I have learnt from this: NEVER EVER GAMBLE WITH SAKURAI. EVERY TIME HE LAUGHS HE WILL STEAL YOUR LUCK.
Anyway, Shadow is way different from Sonic, with his teleporting moves and time slowing specials)
Megaman (if you could guess what his UltraSmash would be.. Hint: its from the Game MegaMan 3.)
Snake (I don't know what people are thinking when they say that Snake is removed. Sakurai spent so much time contacting his friend Kojima to get the rights again and to discuss changes to his moveset.)

So, we have 16 Newcomers overall, as well as 3 returning veterans from Melee, going up to 54 characters. I hope those are enough characters to keep you entertained for a long while.
Note: Sakurai is aware of the demand for Reggie, but everytime he receives an email which asks him to include Reggie, he laughs and delays SmashBros for a day. So please don't do it.

Finished or "sure to be made" Assisttrophys:

Marioseries:
Hammerbro (same as Brawl)
Lakitu (same as Brawl)
Daisy (she behaves like Waluigi from Brawl, Sakurai calls it "being enraged because another princess got in)
King Bomb Omb (throws some bomb ombs into the stage, which spawn in their activated state)
Proff E Gadd (not finished yet, but Sakurai rants about him using the pencil of koopa junior).
Birdo (shoots some eggs, can be attacked and is pretty weak)
BuuHuu (chases after one enemy, but only if that enemy doesn't look at him. The ghost instantly KO's him, but is only for around 12seconds on the field)

Zeldaseries:
Skullkid (drops something onto the stage. Something bigger than Ridley)
Happy Mask Salesman (not finished yet, he probably plays the Song of Healing, and Sakurai spoke about how he wanted Miyamoto to be in the game)
Vaati (he uses some WindMagic and shadow beams.)
Impa (fast agile character, similar to shiek)

Pokemon:
Giovanni (he either throws in one of three posible pokemon, but we aren't sure which ones yet)

Yoshi:
ShyGuy (this guy who wears a mask and attacks with a spear)

DK:
"Olaf" (that's how I call that character. It's the endboss of Tropical Freeze, whose name we didn't get to know yet)
Cranky Kong (he jumps around the field like Scrooge McDuck from the old NES game, while ranting like Resetti about how everything sucks nowadays)

StarFox:
Andross (same as in Brawl)
Crystal (we weren't sure if we should include her at all, since most of the people hate her. But then, since it's only an assist throphy, it should be fine. She attacks with her spear while riding on a dinosaur)
Slippy (spawns randomly 1 to 3 "gunlike weapons as the SuperScope or Lasergun" around him, similar to the Tingle from Brawl)

Pit:
Medusa (isn't finished yet, so I cant tell much)

Fire Emblem:
Lyndis (same as in Brawl)
Lucina (similar to Samurai Goroh)
Hector (not finished yet)

Kirby:
Knuckle Joe (same as in Brawl)
Marx (not finished yet)
Daroach (spawns many mices, kinda like King Dedede Ultrasmash)

Wario:
Kat&Anna (same as in Brawl)
Ashley (not finished yet, but I'm working on her currently. I wish Sakurai would have made her playable, she has so much potential. But I guess with the rise of female mages in the roster, she was one mage too much for him)
Captain Syrup (not finished, Sakurai thinks about her popping up in coin matches and stealing money)

Metroid Series:
Metroid (same as in Brawl)
"hunter" (one of the characters from Metroid Prime Hunters, I always forget the name)

Rest: (who are finished)
GrayFox (same as in Brawl)
Knuckles (throws some earth rocks at enemies)
Advance Wars (same as in Brawl)
Samurai Goroh (same as in Brawl)

As I said, the list isn't final yet, more are to be added. Sakurai will soon reveil another Assistthrophy on the page smashbros.com

I will talk more about SmashBros Wii U soon. Now I have to leave my office, as we are about to start with the productions of the reveil trailer for King K.Rool for February Direct.

I like this rumor and lol, I love how it portrays sakurai as a troller in real life to and that shadow was added based on gambling.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
That Yoshi artwork gives it away as a fake. Unless it happens to be a placeholder.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I'm still going to take that leak with a grain of salt, we're forgetting that with all the leaks we're getting. Someones is bound to guess one thing right.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks the down B to equip a sword thing for Ganondorf is extremely unlikely? Much to my chagrin, Ganondorf is likely to get that huge of a change to how he plays. He might get an overhaul to the extent Bowser got one (which will hopefully further muddy his Captain Falcon origins) but an overhaul greater then that isn't going to happen. Also the whole sword thing just sounds like such a fan request rather then something Sakurai would actually do.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Am I the only one who thinks the down B to equip a sword thing for Ganondorf is extremely unlikely? Much to my chagrin, Ganondorf is likely to get that huge of a change to how he plays. He might get an overhaul to the extent Bowser got one (which will hopefully further muddy his Captain Falcon origins) but an overhaul greater then that isn't going to happen. Also the whole sword thing just sounds like such a fan request rather then something Sakurai would actually do.
This. People just need to let go of the idea that Ganondorf will eventually become a full blown magic user or get a sword/trident. As unpopular as the opinion is, I like how Ganondorf plays in the Smash games. He has the Triforce of Power and I like that his moveset puts so much emphasis on his physical strength. Yes, yes, he was god awful in Brawl but that had more to do with the fact that the physics of the game overwhelmingly favored characters with projectiles, strong recoveries, and/or decent off stage games than his moveset. As said, he just needs to be tweaked some instead of getting a complete revision like some people suggest.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
This. People just need to let go of the idea that Ganondorf will eventually become a full blown magic user or get a sword/trident. As unpopular as the opinion is, I like how Ganondorf plays in the Smash games. He has the Triforce of Power and I like that his moveset puts so much emphasis on his physical strength. Yes, yes, he was god awful in Brawl but that had more to do with the fact that the physics of the game overwhelmingly favored characters with projectiles, strong recoveries, and/or decent off stage games than his moveset. As said, he just needs to be tweaked some instead of getting a complete revision like some people suggest.
The problem here is that you assume that people dislike Ganondorf's moveset because he sucks, but that isn't the case.

People dislike his moveset because A-) its unoriginal and B-) it has 0 to do with any of the Ganondorf or Ganon incarnations, there is not a single move from the games and as such people feel cheated, its like putting a Ganondorf skin on another character.

I myself have always been an advocate of introducing Black Shadow into the game for the sole purpose of taking over Ganondorf's stats and attacks (bar a few attacks) and doing a complete overhaul of all of Ganondorfs attacks (except his aerials which are original at least and by now pretty much define his gamestyle and his personality).

Just give him new specials and new smashes and have Black Shadow take over those specials and smashes in his new semi-clone moveset and everything would be fine for all fanbases.

I mean Ganondorf has so many moves he could borrow from. Dead-Man's Volley (which could be switched between solo or multiple energy balls, between fast or slow traveling energy balls and/or between homing or just straight shots), his ground pound/shockwave, a sword, a trident, mind possession, disintegration, force choking (a la Darth Vader), plus many other things I can't remember.

People like me just want Ganondorf to actually use some of his attacks from the games.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The problem here is that you assume that people dislike Ganondorf's moveset because he sucks, but that isn't the case.

People dislike his moveset because A-) its unoriginal and B-) it has 0 to do with any of the Ganondorf or Ganon incarnations, there is not a single move from the games and as such people feel cheated, its like putting a Ganondorf skin on another character.

I myself have always been an advocate of introducing Black Shadow into the game for the sole purpose of taking over Ganondorf's stats and attacks (bar a few attacks) and doing a complete overhaul of all of Ganondorfs attacks (except his aerials which are original at least and by now pretty much define his gamestyle and his personality).

Just give him new specials and new smashes and have Black Shadow take over those specials and smashes in his new semi-clone moveset and everything would be fine for all fanbases.

I mean Ganondorf has so many moves he could borrow from. Dead-Man's Volley (which could be switched between solo or multiple energy balls, between fast or slow traveling energy balls and/or between homing or just straight shots), his ground pound/shockwave, a sword, a trident, mind possession, disintegration, force choking (a la Darth Vader), plus many other things I can't remember.

People like me just want Ganondorf to actually use some of his attacks from the games.
You summed it up perfectly. Smash Ganondorf simply isn't Ganondorf. I've also been a long time supporter of Black Shadow just so Ganondorf could get his own moveset, but I doubt F-Zero will ever get a second rep.

NIce looking fake.

He actually expects people to believe that we'll get a grand total of two more reveals by the time the game comes out with NO additional newcomers? Hilarious.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
F-Zero was practically dead in the water back in Brawl so I think it's a far flung prayer that F-Zero will ever get another rep. As for Ganondorf, I don't think it's that big of a deal considering how such a huge percentages of the character movesets are kind of pieced together anyways and a lot of characters have maybe 2 or 3 moves that actually come from their respective games.

agentorangez

Smash Rookie
NIce looking fake.
Did anyone else think that they were going to use 3d models slightly in the foreground when a character is selected, like the n64 version, with a static image in the background? I know this is probably fake but at the very least it made me think about what I wanted in the character select screen...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

While I agree with you on Dorf, keep in mind that Sakurai did say he was focusing on uniqueness, so having Black Shadow in the game for that purpose alone would not only go against what he stated, it will just feel redundant and make people question why he was included to begin with instead of Goroh.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
NIce looking fake.
Ha the only thing correct is the poses (besides mewtwo)

By the way about him why does he look like baby mewtwo from the 3rd movie

Anyway if mewtwos pose is incorrect thats a fake picture

(Well its fake anyway since it would not be that simple of a selection screen and the yoshi pose used got found on the internet)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Here's my issue with these last couple leaks:

Bayonetta is nowhere to be mentioned when, odd as the character sounds, I'm pretty sure she's in. Between Sakurai going to visit Platinum Games for what is still mysterious reasons and the whole Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusivity thing, the writing has been on the wall for a while. Plus she was mentioned in the leak I've really been following from TSSZ. They are still confident that it's a very reliable source, and continue to show said confidence when Sonic himself was announced, they basically went "we told you so". Obviously, their information was a little dated since the third exclusive Sonic title did NOT come in 2013 as it had been said, but I wager that that may be because, as it occasionally happens in life, plans changed. Look how quickly Watch Dogs and DKC Tropical Freeze became 2014 titles when originally they were firmly planned for 2013. Plans change, and they change quickly, as also evidenced by the much talked about Little Mac, Mii and Pac-man leak. I personally would wager that the info TSSZ heard was an early draft of the E3 reveal trailer, but then, either because of Nintendo turning E3 conference into a Nintendo Direct as opposed to the E3 Stage Conference, or due to Sakurai simply changing his mind and not wanting to share as much info right away as he did with Brawl, they decided to downsize from the original Bayonetta, Dark Pit, Palutena, Takamaru, Tom Nook and Little Mac, which leads to the Mii, Mac, and Pac leak, which I would wager was yet another draft before it was cut down to showing just Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

I believe in the TSSZ leak for the very same reason alot of people firmly believe the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak:

With the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak... like people say, you do NOT leak Wii Fit Trainer and not know something.
With the TSSZ leak that I personally believe in... you do NOT leak a Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers game and not know something.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I would love a magic weilding trident or sword ganondorf. I'm a huge fan of the zelda series and a sucker for tributes when it comes to moves. I had scarcely heard of Melee before playing it and one of the things that stuck with me the most from my first time playing was the sound effect Zelda's transform transformation made. Such a small detail but it made me giddy. I sorta expected Ganondorf to be the same way (I learned he was in the game before unlocking him) but he wasn't. Ever since then a part of me has wanted retribution, and the only way that seems possible was a complete overhaul of Ganondorf's moveset. I thought for sure it would happen for Brawl and it didn't. I was diappointed again. But now I've come to realize that being a magic brawler really is true to his character, and I get why Sakurai doesn't want to completely change the way a character plays. I have come to acceptance. That said a complete Ganon overhaul that does encorporate some magic or something is still one of my top desires for this game. I just have come to terms. Ridley is my most wanted new commer, but I have come to terms with his fate as well. Krystal is in a similair boat, and likewise I am ready. I find that I deal with hype well so long as it is more "this game will be great" hype then, there is no way Sakurai wouldn't make this super obvious change hype.

P. S.: Oh and I was on the Geno hype train too. I've learned to seperate my desires from what is likely.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Here's my issue with these last couple leaks:

Bayonetta is nowhere to be mentioned when, odd as the character sounds, I'm pretty sure she's in. Between Sakurai going to visit Platinum Games for what is still mysterious reasons and the whole Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusivity thing, the writing has been on the wall for a while. Plus she was mentioned in the leak I've really been following from TSSZ. They are still confident that it's a very reliable source, and continue to show said confidence when Sonic himself was announced, they basically went "we told you so". Obviously, their information was a little dated since the third exclusive Sonic title did NOT come in 2013 as it had been said, but I wager that that may be because, as it occasionally happens in life, plans changed. Look how quickly Watch Dogs and DKC Tropical Freeze became 2014 titles when originally they were firmly planned for 2013. Plans change, and they change quickly, as also evidenced by the much talked about Little Mac, Mii and Pac-man leak. I personally would wager that the info TSSZ heard was an early draft of the E3 reveal trailer, but then, either because of Nintendo turning E3 conference into a Nintendo Direct as opposed to the E3 Stage Conference, or due to Sakurai simply changing his mind and not wanting to share as much info right away as he did with Brawl, they decided to downsize from the original Bayonetta, Dark Pit, Palutena, Takamaru, Tom Nook and Little Mac, which leads to the Mii, Mac, and Pac leak, which I would wager was yet another draft before it was cut down to showing just Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

I believe in the TSSZ leak for the very same reason alot of people firmly believe the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak:

With the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak... like people say, you do NOT leak Wii Fit Trainer and not know something.
With the TSSZ leak that I personally believe in... you do NOT leak a Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers game and not know something.
lmao

unreal

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see some defending the translator leak by saying the pretense was likely fabricated for safety or discretion or something. No! If the guy didn't want people to know how he acquired the information he didn't have to say anything, he could've just limited it to the actual leak. He certainly wouldn't have fabricated such a discrediting story. All he needed to say if he didn't want to divulge anything is... "I can't tell you how I came by this information". That's it. Once it started coming true people would flock to it anyway, just like they're doing now.

We really will defend anything if we want it to be true.

No, it's not even that. He just strolled on in and Sakurai spilled the beans, free of charge.
Oh.

Well then why are we even giving this leak a second thought? That's even more ridiculous! :laugh:

Pete278

Smash Lord
Are you serious? I see lots of leakers in all sorts of different things they're leaking, and some of them like to make up fun stories about how they got the info. He didn't have to, no, but maybe he wanted to. I can't believe anyone is seriously looking at the story to look for signs of faking or legitimacy. Its just an irrelevant note on the list.

I don't care if its fake or real, and let's be honest, its probably fake. But its not because of the story.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well then why are we even giving this leak a second thought? That's even more ridiculous! :laugh:
People honestly believed this is what happened with me when I went to Japan in 2006 to drop off my Geno portfolio to Nintendo's HQ. "Oh, did you have a meeting with Sakurai?" Er, no, I was turned away by security by the front gates because I didn't have an appointment and they didn't want some dumb tourist annoying them.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
"It's fake, but not for that reason"

Is this seriously the type of argument that is going on right now? Arguing things that can never be proven either way so who ****ing cares

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Word of wisdom, if you're going to poo-poo a leak, don't do it because you personally find its content unusual. If it's something objectively fishy, like the WFT changing attack animations with its gender, by all means, speak up, but if it's just something you don't think would or should happen, like Ganondorf getting a few new sword attacks, that's really not contributing anything of worth to a leak discussion.

Like the guy who said that Boos or the Pacman Ghosts would be used over Luigi's Mansion Ghosts as an Assist Trophy. You don't know that. For all we know, the Boos could be adventure mode enemies and the Pacman Ghosts could be stage hazards, or the developers could have deemed the generic ghosts more representative of Luigi's Mansion in comparison to Boos, which are mostly Mario platformer enemies.

EDIT: Or saying that "a real leaker wouldn't do XYZ." You don't know that either. This is the crux of most of the stupid anti-E3 leak arguments, and it's just as wrong here. Look, the leak is horrifically fishy, and only even stands a chance at being legitimate if the rich kid story is all a ruse, but stick to the facts, people.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
LOL at that NeoGAF douchebag whining about how the leak has F*CKING K. ROOL on it. They really don't like the DK franchise, like at all...the name of Tropical Freeze's reveal thread was seriously RETRO IS WORKING ON F*CKING DONKEY KONG. They also can't seem to not talk about f*cking for an extended period of time, which is amusing.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey Guys, now with Ashley's reveil, I found another old leak in this Thread which mentioned Ashley as an Assist Trophy.

Hello, I'm the Super Smash Brother from the Super Smash Brothers.
I can't reveil my position, but I'm currently employed in working for the next Super Smash Bros Title for the Wii U and the 3DS.
English is not my mother language as it is japanese, so please excuse me for that in advance.

I made this account in disguise, I am using a Waluigi fanboy Avatar and trolled here and there at SmashBoards, in order to not getting noticed by the authorities at Nintendo. I also payed other people to do fake leaks, in order to make a huge mess so nobody knows which one might be true.
Sadly, none of them has the mind of a Sakurai, thus all fake leaks getting destroyed one after another.
I want to show you the current character roster, character changes and stages which are planned for the Wii U, but we aren't finished in deciding which stages should be used in the 3DS Version yet. Regarding Assist Trophies, most of them are usually done late, so they are also not finalized.
I am doing this in order to secretly hype you guys, so SmashBros will be even more succesfull and help with getting the sales for the Wii U up.

Characters:

Sakurai, despite ranting at the start of the development that simply doing a character roster of 50 and calling it the day wouldn't be enough, doesn't mean that you have to expect only a depressive small number of newcomer. After all, this is what makes SmashBros sell the most, if you get what I mean.
Now, with also Rosalina shown, you can guess that Sakurai made weird character choices so far for the fourth installment.
The full planned character rooster is:

Mario (he and Luigi have a Doc costume, which also changes the sound and visuals of the fireballs to a pill. Sakurai initially planned to make
Dr Mario a seperate character like in Melee, but changed his mind as this is less time consuming)
Luigi (see Mario, but his FinalSmash got changed to some kind of vacuum cleaner)
Bowser (most changes to his moveset were already shown. I think he is a pretty good character now. His Ultrasmash got changed so he can be knocked by strong attacks, but he has way more weight and attackpower himself so fighting him isn't a wise idea)
Peach (Her turnips have more different visuals, like in the Super Mario Bros 2 /Doki Doki panic game. Sakurai ranted that he would have changed the normal B attack if the mushroomhat guy was a playable character in SmashBros, and laughed a bit scary.)
Rosalina (when Sakurai mentioned her first, I was as much suprised as you, I can tell. Sakurai spent most of the time on working for a good moveset on this character, as she is rather complex)
Waluigi (I have to admit, he is my favourite character from those who are 100% finished. For this character, he made the whole team think of moveset ideas from the Mario Party and Sports games. He has many suprises on his sleeve, swimming in the air and using "cheat"like moves are some of them)

Link (his boomerang got changed. he now uses something new, which will Sakurai show in January to the public with a picture)
Zelda&Shiek (she keeps her twilight princess look. Nearly nothing changed, despite some balance changes to make her a "bit" stronger.)
ToonLink (he keeps the boomerang. Sakurai is also thinking if he gives YoungLink a glide with the deku-leaf, a thing which Aonuma suggested when he was visiting us)
Ganondorf (He now uses a sword, but with only a few of his attacks. Sakurai felt very guilty to change him at first, but the result made him proud. Some popular moves like his DownAir and Upsmash stayed the same, but his special attacks were all changed)
Tingle (this character is the one I liked the most. Despite the big hate around him, Sakurai made Tingle a fun and tricky character with his a unique Ruby system. This character uses the ballon a lot, allowing him to be longer in the air than peach.)

Pikachu (nothing special, but her voiceactor is really cute, I have to admit)
Purin (I'm not sure how she is called in english, I mean this floaty ballon pokemon which is way better than in Brawl. Sakurai decided to make the Down B stronger again)
Lucario (with the inclusion of Mewtwo, Sakurai wanted us to change his neutral B. I hope you guys will like the new move.)
Mewtwo (he was one of the last characters we had to do. His change are mostly like in Melee, and his ultrasmash is a strong psych move. He said making it a transformation would be too predictable and steal the uniquness from Bowser and Wario)
Poketrainer (despite making some tweeks to the movesets, the only true change is that the stamina system was removed. Sakurai felt it may be too restricting for people who want to master one certain Pokemon)
Pichu (he was easy to implement, as we based most of its moveset on Pikachu. Sakurai said Pichu would only take a minimal ammount of time to make and it would make some people happy to see this one again)

DonkeyKong (he is super strong now)
Diddey + Dixie (we changed his banana move with some new feature called partner swap. Here you can switch between Diddey or Dixie , kinda similar to the Poketrainer. Sakurai also mentioned that he wanted to include Dixie in Brawl already, but due to time problems caused by the Sonic debacle, she wasn't included)
KingKRool (Sakurai took this character from the popularity votes. I was very suprised he was so highly wanted, as most of us thought he was already forgotten)

Yoshi (When I asked Sakurai why he didn't reveil Yoshi yet, he laughed about how the other dragon keeps him hostage until this other dragon is shown. Most of his moves weren't changed a bit)
Magic Koopa (Another nice character with a unique theme. He is a summoner, similar to King Dedede, but mostly relies on his magic and teleportationskills instead of physical combat. Sakurai says he want to make an Event Match similar to the ending of Yoshi's Island with him).

Wario (his sidesmash can now be charged up, kinda like Ike's side special attack.)

Samus (she is powered up, visual wise.)
Without Suit Samus (it's easier now to lose the suit. You only need to downtaunt normaly. And she resemebles more the Samus from Other M)
Ridley (He was a big problem to implement at first. A really huge one. And Sakurai said he won't show Yoshi to the public until Ridley is 100% finished.)

Pit (I guess I don't need to say much to Pit, except that the new final smash isn't final yet.)
Paluntena (She has Pit's old ultrasmash, and she has very weird set of moves. Totally Sakuraistyle. But she is so awesome, I can't wait for the fanpics of her to come out.)

Fox (Not much has changed, but he got slightly buffed in his speed.)
Falco (no longer has a Landmaster, as Sakurai always said he personaly prefers the air, so we gave him an Airwing. He also uses a rocket launcher as a side B, Sakurai wanted to make Falco more ranged oriented while Fox should stay a Melee fighter.)
Wolf (We are still thinking what kind of FinalSmash to give him. For the rest, many moves have changed to make him more different from Falco and Fox)

Kirby (Sakurai talked about giving him an instantwin Combo, but laughed after that. His Stoneform does more damage now and comes way quicker on the ground. And we still haven't done any of his hats)
Metaknight (Sakurai said that people claimed he was way too powerful in Brawl. Yet we left his moveset without changes, since Sakurai liked the idea of having an overpowered monster character)
King Dedede (Everytime when Sakurai plays with him in his testmatches, he laughs as he hears his own voice the whole time. Dedede's Chargehammer was improved, making it a shieldbreaking move.)

Olimar (We decided to reduce his Pikmincount to 3, and to alter some of his moves. His recoverymove includes the Air-Pikmins, for example)

CaptainFalcon (FalconPunch now breaks shields on hit, and his knee hit is a bit easier to hit again)

Marth (Not much to say. Broken as always, and Sakurai gave him more buffs since he often loses with him against other developers)
Roy (People complained about his abscence in Brawl, so Sakurai included him and made him a mix of Marth and Ike, at least speedwise. He has some changes to his original moveset, which are still tweeked, though.
Ike (The hardhitter remained mostly the same. He is a very beginnerfriendly character and should stay like that.)
Tharja (This one was suggested from Intelligent Systems™ as it was their favourite character of their newest game in the series. As we already have 3 swordfighters, we welcomed a female Blackmage. But she is also using a sword for some moves, to make her kinda like a female Ganondorf, with more focus on magic.)

Ness (Sakurai mentioned a glitch from Melee, which we had to purposely reimplement for the tournament gamers. He wasn't changed much, except for his standart-B which is now a move Ness can use in his original games)
Lucas (his recoverymove was changed to make him less similar to Ness, as well as his Ultrasmash, which is now PK Love.)
Man with Mask (Sakurai wanted one villian from the Mother series to include since he loves Mother 3 so much, Porky and Man with Mask were on the list. Including Porky was a bit troublesome, as he was way too big in his robot and there isn't enough space on the disk for two "too big" characters, he decided to include Man with Mask. He is still in development with his moveset.
Important is, he said nobody expects a third Mother character, that's the mainreason why he wants to include one.)

Game&Watch (he has his old Neutral Air move from Melee, his Recovery now gives him twice as much height as in Brawl, but without the gliding cape he had.)

Robot (Sakurai wasn't sure at first to include him again, as many people disliked his addition in Brawl. But then we suggested a Robot model with Ridley parts, in order to make people like him now. His laser has one additional "charge", which is even stronger than the best charge in Brawl.)

IceClimbers (we had some problems with Nana Ai on the 3DS at first, as in 4player matches with 4 IceClimbers it was kinda... I don't want to get reminded how much work it was to get it done. But now it works, so don't worry.)

Little Mac (Sakurai wanted another Retrocharacter, and made another decision between Takumaru and Little Mac. Sakurai reminded himself, saying I need characters who bring something unique to the roster, and as we already had many swordusers, we decided to use Little Mac. He is a very fast combo character with nearly no knockback on his non-smash moves)

Takumaru (one weak later, when we nearly finished Little Mac, Sakurai nearly destroyed our door after he asked how far we are with Takumaru.
When we told him that we decided to include Little Mac, Sakurai made the scariest laugh of his life, and dragged one of my team members to his office. My teammember was seen around 5 weeks later, when we finished Little Mac AND Takumaru's movesets and character model. That was really scary.)

Wii Fit Trainer (I cried when I read that name for the first time. But Sakurai's laugh was too serious for a normal joke attempt. Overall, she is pretty balanced.)

Villager (Sakurai said he wanted another character which could break all fake rosters pre-E3. Since he feared that people might guess Miss Fit, he remembered saying that Villager wouldn't fit for a SmashBros game. He changed his mind and gave him one of the most creative movesets I ever saw.
Villagers Ultrasmash was inspired by a Movie with Nicolas Cage, I guess you all know what I mean.)

Sonic (he is a very fast character, hehe)
Shadow (we were contacted by SEGA officer shortly after SmashBros for Wii U was announced. They said they want to see another Sonic character added, to show their good relationship to Nintendo. Sakurai and SEGA officer then went gambling in a pachinko casino. If Sakurai wins he will add Shadow, if he loses (aka has lost more money than SEGA officer) he will add Tails. What I have learnt from this: NEVER EVER GAMBLE WITH SAKURAI. EVERY TIME HE LAUGHS HE WILL STEAL YOUR LUCK.
Anyway, Shadow is way different from Sonic, with his teleporting moves and time slowing specials)
Megaman (if you could guess what his UltraSmash would be.. Hint: its from the Game MegaMan 3.)
Snake (I don't know what people are thinking when they say that Snake is removed. Sakurai spent so much time contacting his friend Kojima to get the rights again and to discuss changes to his moveset.)

So, we have 16 Newcomers overall, as well as 3 returning veterans from Melee, going up to 54 characters. I hope those are enough characters to keep you entertained for a long while.
Note: Sakurai is aware of the demand for Reggie, but everytime he receives an email which asks him to include Reggie, he laughs and delays SmashBros for a day. So please don't do it.

Finished or "sure to be made" Assisttrophys:

Marioseries:
Hammerbro (same as Brawl)
Lakitu (same as Brawl)
Daisy (she behaves like Waluigi from Brawl, Sakurai calls it "being enraged because another princess got in)
King Bomb Omb (throws some bomb ombs into the stage, which spawn in their activated state)
Proff E Gadd (not finished yet, but Sakurai rants about him using the pencil of koopa junior).
Birdo (shoots some eggs, can be attacked and is pretty weak)
BuuHuu (chases after one enemy, but only if that enemy doesn't look at him. The ghost instantly KO's him, but is only for around 12seconds on the field)

Zeldaseries:
Skullkid (drops something onto the stage. Something bigger than Ridley)
Happy Mask Salesman (not finished yet, he probably plays the Song of Healing, and Sakurai spoke about how he wanted Miyamoto to be in the game)
Vaati (he uses some WindMagic and shadow beams.)
Impa (fast agile character, similar to shiek)

Pokemon:
Giovanni (he either throws in one of three posible pokemon, but we aren't sure which ones yet)

Yoshi:
ShyGuy (this guy who wears a mask and attacks with a spear)

DK:
"Olaf" (that's how I call that character. It's the endboss of Tropical Freeze, whose name we didn't get to know yet)
Cranky Kong (he jumps around the field like Scrooge McDuck from the old NES game, while ranting like Resetti about how everything sucks nowadays)

StarFox:
Andross (same as in Brawl)
Crystal (we weren't sure if we should include her at all, since most of the people hate her. But then, since it's only an assist throphy, it should be fine. She attacks with her spear while riding on a dinosaur)
Slippy (spawns randomly 1 to 3 "gunlike weapons as the SuperScope or Lasergun" around him, similar to the Tingle from Brawl)

Pit:
Medusa (isn't finished yet, so I cant tell much)

Fire Emblem:
Lyndis (same as in Brawl)
Lucina (similar to Samurai Goroh)
Hector (not finished yet)

Kirby:
Knuckle Joe (same as in Brawl)
Marx (not finished yet)
Daroach (spawns many mices, kinda like King Dedede Ultrasmash)

Wario:
Kat&Anna (same as in Brawl)
Ashley (not finished yet, but I'm working on her currently. I wish Sakurai would have made her playable, she has so much potential. But I guess with the rise of female mages in the roster, she was one mage too much for him)
Captain Syrup (not finished, Sakurai thinks about her popping up in coin matches and stealing money)

Metroid Series:
Metroid (same as in Brawl)
"hunter" (one of the characters from Metroid Prime Hunters, I always forget the name)

Rest: (who are finished)
GrayFox (same as in Brawl)
Knuckles (throws some earth rocks at enemies)
Advance Wars (same as in Brawl)
Samurai Goroh (same as in Brawl)

As I said, the list isn't final yet, more are to be added. Sakurai will soon reveil another Assistthrophy on the page smashbros.com

I will talk more about SmashBros Wii U soon. Now I have to leave my office, as we are about to start with the productions of the reveil trailer for King K.Rool for February Direct.
This might be the worst leak I have ever read, and had some awful choices. Tharja, for example, is literally impossible if you follow any sort of "main character" criteria, as there are hundreds of Tharja-level characters in Fire Emblem. And then there's Waluigi, which quite frankly sounds like a poor man's Toad (who I think is a boring playable character candidate, sans the one Kuma/Falchion idea for him), Bowser Jr. (not entirely sure how it would work), Baby Mario Bros (don't rule it out! Tag team characters are one of the last team concepts left!), Koopa Kids (the other "last" team concept, sans like a Marvel vs. Capcom-esk team), Wart (a summoner-esk character would be dope), Kamek (although I consider Kamek more of a Yoshi character) Paper Mario (it writes itself), etc.

I don't want to touch Shadow. Like at all. So I won't.

Also, this definitely was made to appeal to the GameFAQs crowd.
Oh also, something about his Ness comment bugs me.

He mentioned that his standard special was changed into something Ness used from the original games, but ironically PK Flash is the only special Ness uses in Smash that he was actually able to use in Earthbound. Seems pretty weird that they replaced the only move that made sense for Ness to have.
Yeah, that's dumb. If anything they should change Ness' up B to be like Teleport or Ness' down B to be like a stat boost move or an elemental attack.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
LOL at that NeoGAF douchebag whining about how the leak has F*CKING K. ROOL on it. They really don't like the DK franchise, like at all...the name of Tropical Freeze's reveal thread was seriously RETRO IS WORKING ON F*CKING DONKEY KONG. They also can't seem to not talk about f*cking for an extended period of time, which is amusing.
That's pretty ****ing weird, I don't see what's to hate about Donkey Kong really. I guess it's just a bunch of Metroid Prime extremists or something like that.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Here you guys go. Something to munch on. Like I stated above, this is the leak I'm more or less sticking with for the time being. Like I stated above, yes, a couple plans changed obviously (namely the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic and every detail associated with it) but once again, look how quickly DKC Tropical Freeze and Watch Dogs became 2014 titles. Plans change, and they change quickly. This leak was before E3, and even last October when Sonic was confirmed, the website still displayed confidence in this leak by saying "We told you so" when Sonic was revealed. I firmly believe in this one because... well... you do NOT leak something like Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers and NOT know something. Plus this leak claims knowledge of a possible Metroid 3DS title. If that leak the other day about the January 2014 Direct and "Metroid Fracture" is indeed real... well.... *sips drink and lounges in chair*

Just food for thought, and of course, Smashboardian discussion.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom