• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One of the GameFAQs posts said that it's false because Dark Moon is already called "Luigi's Mansion 2" in Japan.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
One of the GameFAQs posts said that it's false because Dark Moon is already called "Luigi's Mansion 2" in Japan.
I thought it was going to be a resident evil style port from the 3ds game, not a full fledged sequel.

Also, a new persona game is coming to the 3ds, so talking about a partnership with ATLUS is pretty likely

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
GameFAQS has since given us ANOTHER man chiming in on the previous guy's leak that I see you guys are already discussing. Screengrab below.
The Atlus part is cool. I like the RPG's they do. My girlfriend and I put a lot of time into Dragon's Crown and I highly recommend it to anyone that likes beat em ups with leveling your character/abilities/equipment

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait, Emerald Hill and the Gutsman Stage are from the Genesis and NES respectively.
Didn't Sakurai say that the 3DS would be focusing on portable consoles?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Maybe he meant Emerald Coast? That was part of the 3DS version of Generations.

Anyway, these seem pretty good. Now just to wait to see if it's true.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I thought it was going to be a resident evil style port from the 3ds game, not a full fledged sequel.

Also, a new persona game is coming to the 3ds, so talking about a partnership with ATLUS is pretty likely
Actually yeah, never mind what I said. Apparently, an HD Luigi's Mansion port was leaked all the way back in October.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Maybe these reveals will tie in with the rumoured press event Nintendo are having at the end of the month (If they're real obviously).

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
So if that rumor were to be true, which character do you think would be the most likely candidate for Atlus if they did get a rep?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
However, look at all the clues we have have gotten for Little Mac and the Mii. The Boxing Ring stage is extremely similar to the boxing ring in punch out. The Find Mii stage and the Pilotwings stage are from games with the Mii in it. And for Pac-Man, Bandai Namco is helping Nintendo develop SSB4, so it is extremely likely one of their characters will be included, probably Pac-Man, because of being the most popular.
As for why they were not revealed at E3, I have no idea, but the three characters mentioned are extremely likely to get in. Also, keep in mind that the leaker also said that Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Megaman would be revealed at E3, which they were. As far as I know, this leaker was the only person to predict Wii Fit Trainer.
Just because he predicted something doesn't mean he actually knows anything. If you look at his original post, he said they were guesses. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

The stages themselves likely don't correspond with a character except for maybe the ring. The Pilotwing and Find Mii stage could just be stages without characters. We have a Nintendog stage but that doesn't mean we'll get a character. Also, a Namco Bandia character will not be added because they are making the game. Pac-Man is more expected than wanted which tends to lead into trouble. He likely wont be in.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Just because he predicted something doesn't mean he actually knows anything. If you look at his original post, he said they were guesses. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

The stages themselves likely don't correspond with a character except for maybe the ring. The Pilotwing and Find Mii stage could just be stages without characters. We have a Nintendog stage but that doesn't mean we'll get a character. Also, a Namco Bandia character will not be added because they are making the game. Pac-Man is more expected than wanted which tends to lead into trouble. He likely wont be in.
The strange thing is he WAS able to predict it.

Mega Man: Yeah, he could've predicted it. It was what we didn't expect, but all wanted.
Villager: A lucky guess, and it's popularity in Japan can contribute to that. A bit fishy, indeed, but still, he might be wrong.
Wii Fit Trainer: NOBODY expected her. One does not simply predict Miss Fit.

The fact that there is a Pilotwings for Wii U and a Find Mii for 3DS bodes well for Mii, as well as a recent "rumor" stating they'll appear within the month. Little Mac's fairly popular, and the evidence of the boxing ring belonging to Little Mac is too good to pass by. And the fact that Pac-Man tags along also helps, with Namco-Bandai helping make the game. Yes, Sakurai said Namco gets no priority, yet Sakurai was amused by talk of Pac-Man, and with his sudden reboot, it helps. It simply means that, if another more-wanted third-party (like Mega Man) was the only other choice besides a Namco character, Mega Man would get in. I have immense faith in these characters. That's the only leak I truly have confidence in. It's just waiting for E3 2014 that's killing me.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice

Mega Man: Yeah, he could've predicted it. It was what we didn't expect, but all wanted.
Villager: A lucky guess, and it's popularity in Japan can contribute to that. A bit fishy, indeed, but still, he might be wrong.

The fact that there is a Pilotwings for Wii U and a Find Mii for 3DS bodes well for Mii, as well as a recent "rumor" stating they'll appear within the month. Little Mac's fairly popular, and the evidence of the boxing ring belonging to Little Mac is too good to pass by. And the fact that Pac-Man tags along also helps, with Namco-Bandai helping make the game. Yes, Sakurai said Namco gets no priority, yet Sakurai was amused by talk of Pac-Man, and with his sudden reboot, it helps. It simply means that, if another more-wanted third-party (like Mega Man) was the only other choice besides a Namco character, Mega Man would get in. I have immense faith in these characters. That's the only leak I truly have confidence in. It's just waiting for E3 2014 that's killing me.
100% agree, Wii Fit Trainer is so ridiculously left field you can't help but think about it, and the other 3 do have clear ties to the game. Only hype for 1 out of 3 personally (I'm a fan of stupid as **** characters so PacMan is mah boi) but still.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
don't like the idea of mii it's just another avatar character that does not bring me any hype, it's about time we get some more hype worthy newcomers

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dunno why you guys are still discussing the leak with its disbelievers. Even if those three newcomers were the next three revealed, like they claim would obviously happen because...because..., they'd claim those were lucky guesses as well, nevermind if those three newcomers were revealed in a different order. "Lucky guess" is their catch-all that none of your reasoning will ever be able to shift, so might as well focus on the other leaks instead.

I think the rumor stands a good chance of being completely legitimate (with it definitely being half legitimate), and I think the Mii is the single worst "character" that could potentially be added to Smash. It's so disappointing that it stands a decent chance at getting in.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Dunno why you guys are still discussing the leak with its disbelievers. Even if those three newcomers were the next three revealed, like they claim would obviously happen because...because..., they'd claim those were lucky guesses as well, nevermind if those three newcomers were revealed in a different order. "Lucky guess" is their catch-all that none of your reasoning will ever be able to shift, so might as well focus on the other leaks instead.

I think the rumor stands a good chance of being completely legitimate (with it definitely being half legitimate), and I think the Mii is the single worst "character" that could potentially be added to Smash. It's so disappointing that it stands a decent chance at getting in.
I actually don't think it was a lucky guess. I could maybe buy it if the other two were completely obvious, but they weren't. They were guessable, but not obvious.

At the same time I can't help but notice that this leaker only knew a few hours before we did. I think some how they got a little info early, realized that in a few hours it would do them zero good, and decided to throw in there own guesses as to whom might be in, so that when those three were revealed, instead of losing relevance they would gain it.

Maybe it's because despite his unpredictable nature I still don't see Sakurai including Mii as a character so I'm biased idk. We'll find out before the year is up. This should be interesting in hindsight.

EDIT: That said, if all three of the ones the leaker mentioned made it into the game as well, I will concede that there info was completely legit the whole time. On the other hand, if one or even two of their characters is correct, I won't necessarily believe they knew.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
If Mii does make it in, they should have Mii's voice clips be stupid Miiverse posts. :p

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the whole Mii thing either; there are just so many other characters and ideas they could use instead.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Chris Redfield: "I'm going to go check it out."
(opens door to mansion)
Chris Redfield: "MAAARIOOOO...."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wasn't very active here in the past two days, but I'm assuming didn't miss any notable rumors or leaks during that time.

Also, that Allan & Nicole video will never get old.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Look up the Texas Sharpshooter Fallicy. It's finding meaning in random chance. The guesses being unlikely and him getting them right does not mean he knew something. There is also the fact he was specifically wrong about the other 3 as none were shown off at E3 and the last character shown months later was one that he didn't guess. What does this make me believe. That he made a good guess.

The rest of your post is finding meaning. If you believe he is right, then you'll try to make it seem like those characters are in. You'll draw the bullseye around the random shots. Pac-Man and Mii are both character people don't want. One "Rate Their Chances," both characters have lower wants but their expectation are much higher. Being more expected than wanted is a recipe for disaster.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This latest leak is VERY interesting. Now we wait until the next direct to see if its true, if mii is confirmed then i'll be hyped for all these cool games coming out.

Also I believe that the little pac mii leak was legitimate. Nintendo probably caught wind of it and backtracked.

Ascended

Smash Ace
That Allan kid is gonna have to change his name and Mii or risk being mercilessly teased the rest of his Miiverse life.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Another silver lining to the godawful impending addition of the Mii: it opens up the door for live Smash reenactments of the heartfelt saga of Allan and Nicole.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I thought we had moved past the whole "the E3 leak is false because Sakurai isn't revealing the characters in the order that I think he needs to for it to be true" lunacy. God damn it.
*patiently waits for these three characters to be confirmed*

Sakurai can show who the **** he wants, when he wants, regardless of their stage of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom