• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social and intro thread! WEREKILL'S BACK

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll be right back...

Nah but seriously that's just weird. Why does it even matter what gender they are, or if they switched? I don't care how well known you are, it's really not a big deal.
Not to mention that the chatbox has drama every ****ing hour on it as well.

If you want drama, you can't go wrong with Yugioh.

Pass

Smash Cadet
Not to mention that the chatbox has drama every ****ing hour on it as well.

If you want drama, you can't go wrong with Yugioh.
That reminds me of the forum I used to go on, there was so much drama in there, it felt as if you would get washed away with all the hate.

Probably why it died.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You don't understand the context of the whole thing. Thank you very much. So I would appreciate it if you didn't jump to assumptions.

Said person was on other forums as well, as other people actually went and digged around for, and on those sites said person had their gender as male, and was still active on the sites. And so much would happen if you called said person a guy or a girl, someone would throw a hissy fit one way or the other over it. The only safe way to refer to said person's gender was through it.

Pass

Smash Cadet
I think we all know that Monkey's are the cutest, the smartest, the most spectacular animals of the animal kingdom.

Koalas/Penguins suck, they can't even peel bananas.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I think we all know that Monkey's are the cutest, the smartest, the most spectacular animals of the animal kingdom.

Eww Monkeys. I have one problem with them. By the law of evolution, they turn into us. That's bad. lol

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You don't understand the context of the whole thing. Thank you very much. So I would appreciate it if you didn't jump to assumptions.

Said person was on other forums as well, as other people actually went and digged around for, and on those sites said person had their gender as male, and was still active on the sites. And so much would happen if you called said person a guy or a girl, someone would throw a hissy fit one way or the other over it. The only safe way to refer to said person's gender was through it.
Holy ****, she came out on a single site that she felt she could trust then they ****ing dug through and found sites she hadn't come out on? That's absurdly ****ed up, holy ****.

Here's the thing. None of us here knew the context or had any reason to. Calling her (or hell, him if the person changed their mind) it just seems uncalled for when no one here should have any idea what you're talking about. Does it make you a bad person? No. It just helps serve to dehumanize and poke fun at people like that, whether you mean it to or not.

It's like trying to be correct and say "negro" instead of "******." You're simply continuing to set them aside as something distasteful and outside the norm.

I'm not mad or anything, I'm just a bit annoyed that you see calling a person "it," drama or not, to be ok.

Pass

Smash Cadet
Holy ****, she came out on a single site that she felt she could trust then they ****ing dug through and found sites she hadn't come out on? That's absurdly ****ed up, holy ****.

Here's the thing. None of us here knew the context or had any reason to. Calling her (or hell, him if the person changed their mind) it just seems uncalled for when no one here should have any idea what you're talking about. Does it make you a bad person? No. It just helps serve to dehumanize and poke fun at people like that, whether you mean it to or not.

It's like trying to be correct and say "negro" instead of "******." You're simply continuing to set them aside as something distasteful and outside the norm.

I'm not mad or anything, I'm just a bit annoyed that you see calling a person "it," drama or not, to be ok.
Speaking of drama... huehuehue.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

The thing is. Said person on said forums asked certain questions regarding their life and said questions were said questions a guy would ask. Like one being about gaining weight for wrestling, and in the question said person said they were a boy.

The more likely scenario is said person was trolling us with the female gender.

I only called the person it when I had to refer to gender, or in that one post to get the whole thing across, most times I tried to refer to said person in a neutral matter.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Saying you're a girl on the Internet = investigation.

T

Trick or Treat

Speaking of drama... huehuehue.
Nah, we need like real drama. With like 8 staff demotions, a ton of banned members, at least 20 locked threads that all say the same thing, and of course you have those few 'leaders', the vigilantes of justice who really just want to become mods.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Turtles are the best animals

Yesterday was World Turtle day. A celebration in everything turtle.

Did you know Turtles aren't "True" reptiles, they are a much older order?

Twewy

Smash Lord

Get your opinions out of here, you damn dirty human.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Saying you're a girl on the Internet = investigation.
It could also be a possibility that "N" had a sex change...? And @ mimgrim mimgrim I also have satellite Internet. I can have up to 10GB a month. Things were going great until around last Sunday, where I burned the entire allowance in one day on a massive file that was supposed to be downloading during the night (1AM-6AM), when I have infinite bandwidth. I can restore it to 500MB for $5, but that's about how much data I go through in one day. It even depletes when I'm not doing anything. Just a few minutes ago, I watched my available bandwidth tank from 30MB to 15MB, with me doing absolutely nothing at all (and only Skype running, though idle), on the modem's control panel page. As things stand, it appears my ISP (HughesNet)'s going to be $30 richer by the start of next month.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So! Question for anyone who cares. I'm thinking of merging Las Pictoras and the youtube vids thread to be a discussion type thing for both vids and pictures. What do you guys think?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
So! Question for anyone who cares. I'm thinking of merging Las Pictoras and the youtube vids thread to be a discussion type thing for both vids and pictures. What do you guys think?
Bad idea. Combining two mega-threads on two different topics creates an unfamiliar thread for individuals who were exclusively interested in only Las Pictoras or the Youtube Vids.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Fair enough. I'm just trying to get rid of some stickies.
But I mean. I'm like only one opinion. If you think it's a good idea i.e. you think organization via consolidation is more important than thread integrity then I completely understand that. It's just that any decision you're going to make along those lines is going to have some give and take.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No, no. I'm actually thinking more about it, and leaving an obvious youtube thread will cut down on a lot of meaningless threads. Well, more meaningless than usual I mean. It IS a fairly dead thread though so... Meh. Idk.

I'm actually thinking of axing the Pool Room faq and rules thread.

Top Bottom