• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social and intro thread! WEREKILL'S BACK

T

Trick or Treat

:crying:

I use to get good sigs quite often.

Then I left the site I was getting them at cause I got tired of all the BS.
Mind if I ask where this was?

But yeah, kinda the same deal for me.

Though now I really just want a certain character from a certain anime to be represented in my sig but there's nothing gooooood. And I'm not even looking for anything that fancy.

T

Trick or Treat

If you want, tell me the character name and show and I'll make something eventually. Size too.

I don't use signatures at all. In fact, I have it set to not show any of them.
You don't mind?

Any reason why? I know sometimes they just get annoying to look at and deal with, but some are pretty nice.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Mind if I ask where this was?

But yeah, kinda the same deal for me.

Though now I really just want a certain character from a certain anime to be represented in my sig but there's nothing gooooood. And I'm not even looking for anything that fancy.
It was call Duel Academy. It's a Yugioh forum site. Actually, it's THE Yugioh forum site, after DNF.

There were a ton of GFX people on there, and the site had it's own currency called Duel Points which you earned by dueling people, usually on DN, which you could spend on numerous things like buying a shop, which GFXers did quite a bit, or buys things from shops.

Examples of what I have got from the site;

I only miss that site for buying GFXs xD.

T

Trick or Treat

It was call Duel Academy. It's a Yugioh forum site. Actually, it's THE Yugioh forum site, after DNF.

There were a ton of GFX people on there, and the site had it's own currency called Duel Points which you earned by dueling people, usually on DN, which you could spend on numerous things like buying a shop, which GFXers did quite a bit, or buys things from shops.

Examples of what I have got from the site;

I only miss that site for buying GFXs xD.
Psshhh, those are easy to make! On the site I used to go to, we had some really gourmet GFX designers there. Good stuff.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You don't mind?

Any reason why? I know sometimes they just get annoying to look at and deal with, but some are pretty nice.
Yeah, sure. It'll be a bit simple, but it'll look ok.

And there are a lot of annoying sigs out there, lol.

@mimgrin: Yeah, those kinds of things are simpleish if you know what you're doing. I should post some of my sigs sometime. Then again I DID do it for a decently long time, so I may be biased towards feeling it's easy.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Unless you or your friends made them. Then they're amazing!

It's not that they're bad, they're just kinda easy and simple to make. Which isn't a bad thing!
I don't have access to the tools to do GFX, otherwise I would have learnt long ago how to do my own lol. Which is probably part of the reason I was impressed by them.

That, and people made them see more complex to make then that. xD

T

Trick or Treat

Beware, lots of images below!

And these next ones are actually from RosalinaX, the guy who supposedly leaked some MK8 and SSB4 stuff

These are pretty simple, too, but I just love how nice they look! This is just a VERY small sample of some of the ones I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
If you're creative enough and know what you're doing, GIMP is free and I had spectacular results with it before. It can make nice sigs.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That Sora one is pretty impressive looking.

Wish I had access to all the sigs I bought, the ones I posted were the ones I was able to recover >_>.

If you're creative enough and know what you're doing, GIMP is free and I had spectacular results with it before. It can make nice sigs.
Still requires a download, which makes it a no go for me. x_x

T

Trick or Treat

That Sora one is pretty impressive looking.

Wish I had access to all the sigs I bought, the ones I posted were the ones I was able to recover >_>.

Still requires a download, which makes it a no go for me. x_x
www.sumopaint.com

If you REALLY wanted, this is free and online. Though it's really only just the basics.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If it's a family computer, why not ask if you can just download it? If it's not and is just a public computer no problem.

You can also install it onto a flash drive, too.
My dad doesn't trust anything I do on the computer. x_x

That and downloading something would eat a lot of gigs, we have satellite internet.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Just downloading things in general eat up a lot of internet gigs, even watching videos do this just as bad.

It's just how satellite internet works. x_x

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
... How. These files have set, small file sizes. Videos are huge files that take up tons of bandwidth. There's a world of difference between the two.

Edit: I literally just downloaded it and it was only 82 megs. The portable version is even smaller.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Look. It's happened before, but I dunno how it eats up so much. x_x

But satellite internet works in that you have a set amount of gigs per month that you can use to browse the internet. Downloading stuff eats up those gigs jsut as much as doing other stuff on the internet, but moreso, streaming videos or things live also eat up a lot of the gigs for internet usage.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Not to interrupt the conversation, but I've just been really curious. Has there ever been like, any mass, forum-wide drama before? That's always fun...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd say there might have been one occasion.
But I haven't seem it myself.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yes yes, I know how satellite internet works. I just don't see how it can magically take more bandwidth to download something on it rather than on a landline connection. Sorry, but I don't.

Edit: looool @Envy. Yup. There has, although it mostly keeps itself to a group of boards each time.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Ahh, fair enough.

And mim, I think the Mario Kart site might trump that. There have been multiple times where a power-crazy staff member, or on some occasions multiple mods/Admins, would end uo starting a forumwide war. Internet riots everywhere! The clan scene was also always a mess, too.

Fuuuuuun times...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There was this one user on DA known as N. And it was already a well known person from DN/DNF.

When it first joined it had the male gender and said it was male.

Later on it changes it gender to female and says it is female.

So much overreaction appeared after that.

We had all these people saying N was a really a guy.

Others that believed it was female.

So much drama happened over one ****ing person changing their gender, and the sad thing? It was still going on after I left, and it started like a year or 2 before that.

That's just one thing.

There are more.

T

Trick or Treat

There was this one user on DA known as N. And it was already a well known person from DN/DNF.

When it first joined it had the male gender and said it was male.

Later on it changes it gender to female and says it is female.

So much overreaction appeared after that.

We had all these people saying N was a really a guy.

Others that believed it was female.

So much drama happened over one ****ing person changing their gender, and the sad thing? It was still going on after I left, and it started like a year or 2 before that.

That's just one thing.

There are more.
I'll be right back...

Nah but seriously that's just weird. Why does it even matter what gender they are, or if they switched? I don't care how well known you are, it's really not a big deal.

Top Bottom