• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena's Likelihood: 90%
When looking at chains of events, it would make all the more sense:

1: Brawl
It started with Pit being playable in the game, but I'll try to get back into what I mean. While Palutena was technically not playable, she was still there; in a cutscene giving Pit his weapon, and being Pit's Final Smash of course.

2: Kid Icarus Uprising
Sakurai was the head that got this game going and made, which revived the series. The big thing that greatly expanded for Palutena. This game has her talking lots with plenty of humor in it with a fun lovable (though sometimes teasing) and caring personality. She also has her own boss battle (despite being possessed) that shows off potential attacks that could be part of her moveset. Based on the moves in the battle, she'd have a variety of projectiles. The game also has given Palutena her own theme music (can't remember which, one of the menus was it?) which could add to her chances. And the stage if you're worried about it, why not Palutena's Temple itself, the area where you first battle her? Pretty much we got that covered.
Some speculate that there's potential Pit & Palutena codecs that could also add to the random fun if she gets in, and with the hilarious potential in that, definitely.

Did I mention that there were 3 different promotional anime shorts for the game, one being mainly focused on Palutena (in a humorous kind of way)? It even has 2 parts.

Enjoy!

3: Pit in the Smash4 trailer + Uprising's Influence
It seemed like a coincidence that Pit was shown in the trailer and Developer Direct, with 2 new moves that were influenced by Kid Icarus Uprising, which was the Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars (2 of many weapons in Uprising). Considering that and tons of other potential things that Uprising can provide for Pit, including a new Final Smash, it would seem like Palutena has a high chance of making it in, not to mention she'd make a great playable new female character (who actually hasn't been blonde before) who's unique in her own way. Most ppl would consider her to be on the low-heavy side weight-wise, focusing on a defensive playstyle with projectiles and long reach-reaching melee attacks. But anyways, Pit's reveal in the trailer with new moves with Uprising's influence would make it likely for KI to finally have a playable 2nd rep, and regardless if you want another KI rep more or not, Palutena is definitely the best choice.

That would be considered a chain of events or chain reaction of my thoughts.
Although some would consider her to be a Zelda semi-clone, there's many things that can prove that wrong. First, Palutena has that big staff of hers, fitting for long-reaching melee attacks, not to mention her shield on her left arm that could be a move as well, whether it's a reflector or not. Second, she'd likely have her own unique types of projectiles, and the Boss Battle in KI:U surely has quite a bit of em. Another reason is her likelihood to be a low-heavyweight considering all her doodads she has on, and I'm sure she's kinda tall too (at least compared to Pit), which would be different compared to how light Peach, Zelda, and even ZSS is, but may be around regular Samus's weight if anything, just not as floaty, probably. It's up to Sakurai to determine if she makes it in though. He did revive the KI series, and it would be painful to not see the Goddess of Light playable.

Want: 100%
She's really the only other character that I want, to main alongside Pit and Bowser. Plus she is an amazing character in her own right, and I know many others would agree. So all in all, Palutena has my full support.

Ridley prediction: 85%
The fan wants for him are "too big", but same could be said bout how we got Sonic and Mega Man in Brawl and Smash4 respectively. Just don't expect me to support him, with all due respect.

Nominations:
Bowser Jr x5

Phew, that took a lot outta me and over an hour to think of it all, but I do love Palutena that much and she definitely deserves a spot on the roster, and I'm sure many of us can agree on this. <3

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Palutena: (Likelihood: 65%, Want: 75%) While I have not played Kid Icarus, the recent revitalization of the series gives it a double dose of retro and current, especially with her character redesign. That being said, all of my predictions will be rather low due to the fact that I'm estimating the maximum possible number of characters to be a mere 41. That doesn't leave a lot of room. Although she is unfamiliar to me, I'd be happy to get to know her through Smash.

Ridley: (Likelihood: 80%, Want: 90%) I was a big proponent of Ridley's inclusion in Brawl. I really enjoy the Metroid series, and Ridley seems the most iconic adversary of the series, at least to me. Other bosses are the standard "aim for the weak point, use some trick to beat them", but Ridley is vulnerable everywhere. However, he's also very mobile and takes a ton of hits to kill- just like Samus. Ridley is a perfect face for the Space Pirates of the Metroid series. Ruthless, crafty, feral, technologically bizarre and enduring. He's Samus' equal, but he doesn't have to be a shadow of her to be it. Rather than being a Dark Link, or a Wario or a Wolf or Blood Falcon, he's more akin to Ganon, Bowser, etc.

I'm an opponent to Dark Samus, Sylux etc because they only cover a small range of a series that's had quite a few perfectly serviceable reoccurring characters. They just don't capture the alien aspect of the Metroid series due to the fact that they're suited: It gives the series a sense that they're all about fighting other things in suits, when in reality the central motive of Samus in every Metroid game save Hunters is to fight starfish aliens and space pirates, just as it's Fox's motive to gun down enemy ships by the hundreds (including Wolf), Link's usual central goal is to protect Hyrule and the Triforce from Ganondorf, Mario's central goal to rescue Peach from Bowser.

Nominations:
Roy X2
Ray 01/MKII/(or whatever) X3

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Oh, I've missed those threads...

Palutena: 75% ~ Yeah, Sakurai IS kinda biased to his characters (just see the SSE), so I can see her joining Smash4 very likely. Presenting Kid Icarus as a big franchise and revealing Pit this early could mean a second Kid Icarus character. And the most likely character from KI is Palutena.
The only thing is that Pit's Final Smash would have to be changed.

Want: 85% ~ My want % will always be high, since I'm kinda open for new characters (Even WFT got a place in my heart).
Two things about her make her want % high:
1-She is a female.
2-She could have a unique, cool moveset considering she is a goddess, and Kid Icarus has a lot of itens.

Ridley prediction - 82% (inb4 "he is too big")

Nominations: Isaac x2
Lucas
Jigglypuff
Ike

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Woo day two!

Palutena - 40%
So I'm a lot more pessimistic about her chances than most here. I get that KI:U did well and that she's the biggest personality behind Pit himself from the game, but that's the problem: it's just one game. The other two games are much older and as far as I know she isn't in remotely as prominent a role in either one. She's an easy pick for a second KI rep, and having Pit revealed so early is a good sign for the franchise, but I'm just not convinced KI has earned that second slot yet. Would be happy to be proven wrong.
Want - 50% - I don't really feel strongly about her. She's an interesting enough character, but her gameplay potential doesn't excite me much, so I'm split down the middle.

Ridley Prediction - 85%
Ought to get the highest rating of anyone at this point, especially with tons of support here on Smashboards.

Nominations
3x Isaac
2x Toon Link

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I see it highly unlikely that Kid Icarus would get more than one new rep off the back of Uprising, and another representative isn't a shoo-in. I mean, that game might have done relatively well, but they only have time for so many characters. For comparison, Donkey Kong has two reps, and has sold over 50 million combined units. Kid Icarus has sold maybe 3 million combined? Maybe a little more if you factor in Virtual Console sales for the NES and GB games. Not saying that sales is the only factor, just that there are other series with a lot more popularity and familiarity that might get new reps instead.

Anyway, Kid Icarus has a few contenders for that spot - Palutena, Medusa, Dark Pit and apparently someone called Magnus? I haven't played KI:U so... A WTF character choice would also be Eggplant Wizard, one of the primary antagonists from Captain N: The Game Master.

Other factors are that she's female and a staff user, so she does add some diversity to the game, and she would be easy to make moves for. However, Dark Pit and Medusa have to be considered as possible. Dark Pit seems to be on Sakurai's mind, but on the other hand, I can't see a lot of argument for including him unless they have time constraints and do like Melee because he would be fairly easy to make, since they could reuse a lot of the work on Pit. He'd be one of the easiest characters in terms of development time. Medusa seems a little weird in that she's directly inspired by and shares a name with a pre-existing mythological character, and she's a lot less popular so I don't see her as taking much from Palutena's chances.

Anyway, I think Palutena is the most likely additional KI rep, followed by Dark Pit and then Medusa, with Magnus and Eggplant Wizard being quite unlikely. I'm unsure of how big the final roster will be, but I don't think she gets in if it's on the low side (less than 43). So I give a KI rep maybe a 56% chance, and the majority of that to Palutena.

Palutena chances: 45%

Want: 57%
I'm gonna switch over to the system where 0% is hatred and wanting them to go away, 50% is indifference, 100% is I whole-heartedly want them in. There's some ceiling effect there because while I rate Mega Man 100%, Mario obviously should get a way higher rating than Mega Man.
Anyway, I'm fairly indifferent to Palutena as a character, but the possibility of a staff-wielder could be fun and she would be another female character, which I think is good.

Ridley prediction: 72%
I think we mostly agree that Metroid is worthy of another rep, and mostly agree that Sakurai knows people want Ridley, so I think we'll mostly agree that Ridley is fairly likely. But the "too big" crowd may weigh in, so I'm gonna be conservative.

ETA:

Nominations:
2x Simon Belmont
2x Dixie Kong
1x King K Rool

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Palutena
Prediction: 85% - There's Nothing I can say that other users haven't already said. She's an extremely popular character, with a very unique move set potential.
Want: 86% - She's one of the few characters that I really want.

I predict that Ridley will average about 89%

Nominations: Chrom, Toad, Isa Jo, Professor Layton, and Miis. All x1.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The main thing I have against KI getting a new character is that Sakarai does not plan on doing anything with the series and he is a very modest person when it comes to his characters, but Palutena is very important to the franchise and the game, and can have a unique moveset and is really popular so
Palutena:70%
Ridley:92%
Nominations:
X1 Lucario
X1Roy
X3 Vaati

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well If I hadn't talk about Palutena yet I'll do it now.

Chances: 80% - She's rather popular as of late and she could implement some of the weapons that she used in KI:U. Smash doesn't have many magic based characters so she wouldn't really step on anyone's toes too much. Kid Icarus might even become a main player in Nintendo's various IPs, if anyone at Nintendo wanted to make any sequels for Uprising that is. So getting people familiar with the supporting cast might help.

Want: 75% She seems like she would have an interesting playstyle. So that's more than enough for me.

So we're predicting Ridley's chances now? Ok.

I say Ridley has a 85% chance of of being added. I feel that Sakurai knows how popular the character is, and I'm sure he can make him an interesting fighter. Not to mention, Metroid is rather under represented as far as popular franchises go, Having only two characters that have to share a spot on the character select screen. I remember hearing something on how it would take their best efforts to make Ridley playable without being too strong or awkward, but with Namco's help maybe they can help balance him out.

EDIT: Still think his chances are pretty high.

I'm giving 5 votes to Isaac again.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah I think I did it wrong during the prediction phase. I'm not sure what I was doing but I thought we were commenting on her likeliness/want.

Anyways,

Palutena

Likeliness: 80%

I think I summed it earlier. She is the logical choice for a KI rep, represents a under represented demographic, is capable of having a unique move set, is important to Nintendo and KI, and could bring her humor to Smash.

She's one of the few characters is be crushed not to see playable.

Prediction:
Ridley

Score: 88%

Ridley is a heavily requested character and a much needed 2nd Metroid rep outside of Samus. While he does have competition from characters such as Dark Samus, Sylux, Anthony, etc., he is considered the forerunner of them all. In addition, Sakurai seemed to acknowledge Ridley and commented that if they did their best, it would be possible to make him playable. However, Sakurai went on to say he might be slow and asked if that is ok.

IMO, the size argument is null since hackers have been able to put Ridley in the game by downsizing him but yet keeping him still fairly large. Ridley can work as a down-sized version. As well, Sakurai has a large team plus Namco Bandai to help him out.

Nomz:

Dark Samus x2
Nightmare (soul caliber) x3

D

Deleted member

@thekewlusername and Venus of the Desert Bloom: No, we are voting on Palutena's likelihood and predicting Ridley's score for tomorrow.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
We're not doing Ridley yet, we're just predicting what we think his average score will be when his time comes.

Groose

Smash Champion
Palutena's Odds: 55%. Kid Icarus is almost definitely getting a second rep, and Palutena is the most likely candidate; however, she faces competition for the spot with a slew of other characters. Hades and Magnus are both legitimate threats, as are Medusa and Dark Pit to a lesser extent. I'd wager that Palutena will get in.

Palutena Want: 90%. I have some concerns with Palutena. She can become her own, unique character, but there is also the chance that she could be a Zelda clone, which I would not like to see. Of all of the Kid Icarus characters, I want to see Palutena the most; however, there is still a piece of me that would like to see Hades.

Ridley Prediction: 95%. There is going to be that one... fool... who says "lolnoobsRidleyis2big4Smash4Roflcoptershaha," but most will consider Ridley a lock.

K.Rool x2
Tingle x3

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Palutena odds: 82.47% I think she has a great shot because of the Sakurai connection. I get the impression that Sakurai is biased toward his own characters. The SSE certainly seemed that way. We also saw him add two characters from Kirby to Brawl. Iirc, only Pokemon had as many adds.

Palutena want: 80% I think she'd be a cool addition and I have her on my wish roster. I think that she would be an extremely popular character, and I believe she'd be quite unique.

Ridley prediction: 92%

Nominations: Zip x3, Imajin x2

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
@thekewlusername and Venus of the Desert Bloom: No, we are voting on Palutena's likelihood and predicting Ridley's score for tomorrow.
Yeah, that's what I did, right? I voted on Palutena and predicted Ridley's likeliness/want unless you want an overall score for Ridley. Edit: I just threw up the overall predicted score for Ridley.

I was referring to how I screwed up Palutena's prediction.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unfortunately I don't have as much time to write all I want to, but I still wanna contribute so:
Palutena
Likelihood: 80%
She's really popular, she's a major character in a series that's had a large impact since Brawl, and she does have enough potential.

Want: 80%
Cool funny character, potential for a moveset different than anything else we already have and any other candidate offers, and it'd be nice to have more females, I'm not gonna lie.

Ridley
Prediction: 86% (if somebody already predicted this percent, then whatevah :p)
There will be blood doubters.

Nomz:
Isaac x5

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Palutena
Likeness 90%
  • Second most important Kid Icarus character
  • Kid Icarus will most likely get another character because Pit was confirmed early on as a veteran.
  • Very popular character.
She's an extremely funny character who would be a great addition to Smash Bros. She si the reason that I replay Kid Icarus Uprising again.

Ridley predictions 80% (Some people will grue that he is too big and Dark Samus fans)

Nominations
:039: x3
:150:x2

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Palutena

Likeliness- 90%
As Kid Icarus is now being touted as one of the big series in Sm4sh, I'm going to go out on a limb and say a second KI character is a given, the only thing against Palutena is the chance of someone like Medusa or Hades being added instead.

Want- 95%
While I don't like how magic users play, and probably wouldn't main Palutena, I'd still love to see her in, esspecially if she has banter with Pit, ala uprising.

Ridley Predictions- 85%
Cuz all the size hate, and fans of Dark Samus and Anthony Higgs.

Nominations
Saki X4
Takamaru X1

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Palutena:

Likeliness - 90%
-Presence in Brawl
-Main supporting character in Kid Icarus Uprising, easily surpassing all alternatives unless a rule is made on including major villains
-Pit's promotion to core 8
-Another female rep adding to balance
-Simultaneously represents the past and present of Nintendo's IP.
-Unlimited move set potential (she's a GODDESS)

Want - 100%

-------------------------------
Ridley:
Predicted likelihood: 80%
Predicted want: 90%
-----------------------------------

Nominations:
5x Mewtwo

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
Palutena:
Likeliness-85%
She seems to be the best 2nd rep for KI. The only thing ruining her chances is the possibility of a more conservative roster, or Sakuri not wanting too many of his characters in the game.
Want-75%
I have not played KI:U so I don't care about her too much, though she does seem to be a solid choice and deserves a spot on the roster.

Ridley-89%
There will always be the guy that says "hurr durr ridley too big"

Nominations
Shulk x5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Palutena - 60%
Want - 80%
+ 2nd most important Kid Icarus character
+ Had a favorable but unneeded presence in Brawl
+ Is fairly popular and well received
- Sakurai's modesty

Am grading on a lower scale this time now that I'm more experienced/know more about the game, basically 50%+ is a fair bet IMO. I would just hope that this game ends before we get into too many garbage characters.

D

Deleted member

Nominations:

5x Ridley. (If we can still do that, if we can't I don't really care either way, only character I'm desperate for.)
You can't, not until Ridley's day is done and he gets a thirty day break.
Palutena - 60%
Want - 80%
+ 2nd most important Kid Icarus character
+ Had a favorable but unneeded presence in Brawl
+ Is fairly popular and well received
- Sakurai's modesty

Am grading on a lower scale this time now that I'm more experienced/know more about the game, basically 50%+ is a fair bet IMO. I would just hope that this game ends before we get into too many garbage characters.
One way to attempt to keep interest is by allowing re-votes of previously rated characters every thirty day or so. We are inevitably going to have news that impact the chance of a character, so it's good to have it around just in case.
Palutena
Likeliness 50%
Want 10%

Nominations Paper Mario x9 Olimarx2
You can only have five nominations.

D

Deleted member

Palutena ~ 85%

She's one of the few newcomers left that's highly popular in both Japan and America and she's basically the Zelda of her own series (even going as far as for the series be named Palutena's Mirror in Japan) which makes her really important. Uprising also significantly helps because it helped expand her character in ways that the past two Kid Icarus games never did and basically made her into her own character. The game also disproved the argument that she couldn't fight, which is good for the supporters. Really, the only way she doesn't get in is if Sakurai wants to be modest, but considering that Sakurai didn't create Kid Icarus, I don't see it as that big of an issue.

Want - 60%

Don't really care if she gets in or not. She'd be nice to see as a good female character couldn't hurt and she could end up being really unique, but it's not a deal breaker if only Pit returned for Smash.

Prediction: 64.13%

Expect a lot of detractors on GameFAQs to bring Ridley's score down.

Nomination Pac-Man x5

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Palutena

Chance: 90%
The only character that I have considered as good as guaranteed since way before any trailers, E3's or leaks. I'm sure others have covered above why she is so likely.

Want: 60%

Nomination: Mii x 5

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Palutena:

Likeliness: 85%
AFAIK she is the most requested female character in both Japan and America and also has great moveset potential judging by her boss fight in KI:U. IMO the only things that can stop her becoming a playable character are if Sakurai only sees her as a non-combative character and/or he feels that Kid Icarus doesn't need a second character (hence why she hasn't scored 100%).

Out of all the characters I want to see in SSB4, Palutena is at the very top of my list and I would seriously consider maining her should she make it in.

Ridley:

Predicted Likeliness: 80%

Predicted Want: 95%

Nominations:
Lip x3, Takamaru x2

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Palutena :
Likelihood : 85 % Poppular everywhere, good moveset potential and a very enjoyable character. The only problem is if Sakurai think that Kid Icarus need a 2nd rep given that we will maybe not see a new Kid Icarus games before ages (looking at you F-Zero and Starfox).
Want : 85 % Will likely not be one of my mains, but will still be one of the character I really want to play as and the Kid Icarus series really need to as much support as possible in the future and Palutena in SSB4 can help to get some.

Prediction:
Ridley: 77% just because it's a cool number and so is Ridley (and because he is too big for some people).

Nomination :
Mewtwo X5

slumpcat

Smash Rookie
Palutena
Likelihood: 65%
She's mighty popular, but Sakurai has been known to be very humble when it comes to his own projects being represented in Smash.

Want: 30%
I feel like there are far better choices for newcomers.

Ridley
Likelihood: 75%
He has a lot of support from the fans and he's the most likely Metroid newcomer

Want: 90%
I freaking love Ridley. He's the most recognizable recurring villain from Metroid, and a badass one at that.

x5 nominations for Simon Belmont

D

Deleted member

The day has ended. I am currently tallying up votes and such. Watch this post.

@slumpcat: Day 2 was not the day to rate Ridley's likelihood. However, you can do that once Day 3 hits.

slumpcat

Smash Rookie
The day has ended. I am currently tallying up votes and such. Watch this post.

@slumpcat: Day 2 was not the day to rate Ridley's likelihood. However, you can do that once Day 3 hits.

Oh, shoot, sorry. I'm kinda new to the boards. Actually, I just started today :X

D

Deleted member

The golden sun shined on Palutena as the viewers debated rather intensely on her chances. After a long day, the viewers came to an agreement that Palutena would be granted a 73.33% of making it with the average of 76.35% coming from Smashboards and 70.31% from GameFAQs, which was quite a show for the goddess. She was also received very favorably from the crowd with a score of 74.03% overall with a 77.22% from Smasboards and a 70.83% from GameFAQs. She made an innocent laugh as she saw Pit on the battlefield against characters like Mario, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man. Then the goddess proceeded to return to the heavens, waiting for her invitation.

Then everything seemed silent. Too silent. Everyone was wondering who was next and who would be the candidate they rate next. Turns out that a nightmare from their childhood would soon be revealed.

The cunning god of death came rushing to the stadium and immediately proceeded to have everyone fear him. His eyes was focused on one thing; to find Samus and kill her once and for all. Not only was the fearsome dragon was hungry for blood, but also for revenge on Samus and being rejected out of Super Smash Bros. Brawl didn't help him.

He was Ridley. And he was about to end many lives that were unfortunate enough to meet his presence.

Day 3 begins! Today, you will be rating Ridley's likelihood and how much you want Ridley along with predicting Isaac's score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal, as you do every day. The day will end on June 24nd, 2012 sometimes after 7 AM (either that or later in the day when I have time).

Chauzu has won five extra nominations for being the closest to predicting Palutena's final score.

If you are confused, here's the format to use to help you out:
Ridley: *Insert likelihood with possible reasoning*
*Insert want score*

Isaac: *Insert prediction for Isaac's score tomorrow*

Nominations: *insert five nominations*

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Day 2 begins! Today, you will be rating Palutena's likelihood and how much you want Palutena along with predicting Ridley's score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal, as you do every day. The day will end on June 22nd, 2012 sometimes after 7:15 PM (I have to work).
you must be really tired to make the mistake of posting yesterdays post lol

Ridley likelihood: 90%
he is the most wanted newcomer in smash bros. (I think) and the developer himself said that he could make him work. that along with the fact that ridley as promoted to having two boss battles in brawl makes him even more likely
Ridley want: 100% just too good

Isaac prediction: 79.5? don't have any idea who he is but he seems to be an assist trophy so he is possible

Nominations
Waddle Dee X5 XD

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ridley: 80% - By far, Ridley is one of the most if not the most supported character. His face is recognizable instantly to anyone who has beaten a Metroid game, and has made cameos in one form or another in all of the Smash Bros. games. He has all the qualities to be an excellent Smash Bros. character and then some. I think he is very likely, but my main concern is that since such a high-profile character wasn't announced day-one of SSB4's trailers, he might not be a pick for the same reasons he wasn't playable before.

Want: 100% - I see no reason to not have him playable. Being able to play as a big purple space dragon with a tail that could slice your head off? For a lack of a better descriptors, that would be absolutely bad ass.

Isaac: 70% - Golden Sun isn't a well known franchise, I believe. Still, there is noticeable support for him, and from what I've seen he certainly has both moveset potential that could bring up playstyles not available with the other sword users in the game.

Nominations: Starfy x5

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh? Are we talking about Ridley's chances?

Chances? 90%. I think it's legitimate. Not only has he been widely requested for years, but now Sakurai has openly recognized that after Brawl. Since he said he could make that work, and especially now that he changed his mind about Villager, I expect him to make Ridley work.

Want? 100%. I'm open to newcomers, and especially super-requested, amazing ones like Ridley, K. Rool, etc. Metroid needs a real other character. It's got to be Ridley. Come on now, Sakurai.

Huh. That seems weird, since I'd expect Noms to only be legit if they come from different people. However, it's not going to stop me.

3x K. Rool
1x Takamaru
1x Little Mac

Oh! and are we taking bets as to Isaac's likelihood?

I'm going to say 70%. It depends on if Sakurai wants to rep Golden Sun as a new series, and if Camelot wants him to do anything with the character. I guess we'll see. I think he's pretty likely regardless.

D

Deleted member

Fixed. I am currently working on my Ridley vote.

@Banjodorf: You can nominate characters every day, but it can only be used five times in a day.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ridley: One of the last few big Nintendo names left, accompanied only by King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Toad. Ridley is simply left at the mercy of if Sakurai's team feels they can make him work. If so, he's in. If not, he's not.

Gonna put him at a 75% because Namco seems really competent even though I've never played Tekken.

My want score is 50%. Really indifferent to his inclusion.

Isaac: 60% prediction

Nominations: Mewtwo x 3
Dixie Kong x1
Toad x1

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ridley: Likelyhood: 69% (Awww yeah) ONE OF the most requested, but yet i think sakurai wants to give him the honor of being a boss, not just any boss, but that stupid pre-final boss guy that is nearly impossible, leading up to an incredibly easy last boss because pre-last boss was so freaking hard

want: 45% not his biggest fan, would rather be able to kick the **** out of him when he is incredibly strong, not a regular easy-to-kill fighter.

isaac: 68% not a well known series, but that could increase the chances as it would advertise his series sooo....maybe 75%

Nominations: Masked Man x4
Lucina x1

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ridley - 65%
Want - 70%
+ Very Popular with recognition from Sakurai (Nintendo Power)
+ No competition from anyone else in series
+ Was a boss twice in Brawl, was also at one point planned to be an AT
- Would require more effort than the usual character in order to include due to obvious awkward hitboxes and size

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ridley
Prediction 85% - He has enormous fan support and great move set potential. The only thing I can see going against him is becoming a boss again.
Want 66% - Not a big fan.

I Predict that Isaac will average 68%.

Nominations: Chrom x1, Toad x1, Isa Jo x1, Professor Layton x1, Miis x1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom