• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This ought to be fun. Let's begin:

Villager - 80%
Regardless of Sakurai's previous comments on the franchise, there's no denying Animal Crossing is one of the last huge franchises without a character in Smash. The player character may look somewhat different between games but it's still one of the biggest icons of the franchise, and the flexible nature (and access to axes/shovels/etc) makes it the most able to develop an interesting fighting style. Given that, I'm not really surprised to see the Villager in the roster. Very solid addition.
Want - 90% - No idea if I'll like playing him, but it's a super cool addition I'm excited to try.

Mega Man - 60%
Mega Man is a fighter in his series, he's no doubt wanted by a lot of fans, and, simply put, he's a gaming legend. The only reason he's not higher is that he's third party, and with his games falling through and his not returning in the Marvel vs Capcom franchise, it seems Capcom just isn't that interesting in pushing him as a character. Thankfully Sakurai pushed for it, because no doubt he deserves the spot.
Want - 80% - I'm no Mega Man fan, but I'd be crazy to not want to try him. Very nice!

Wii Fit Trainer - 20%
I'm going to give WFT a little more credit than most for one simple reason: Wii Fit was a phenomenon on the Wii, and thus there can be little doubt the game deserves representation within Smash in some form or another. The big question is there is an iconic character that could be made playable, and while I never really thought of the Trainer as a fighter, anyone who's spent significant time with the title ought to recognize her. All it really took was for a critical eye to be taken to the franchise instead of just tossing in a stage or some other comparatively minor addition, and it seems luck was on the Trainer's side.
Want - 80% - No joke, she looks super fun and is an inspired addition to the roster.

--------------

Palutena Prediction - 80%
While I don't think highly of Palutena's chances personally, she seems to enjoy a lot of support on here on Smashboards, so predicting a high rating seems pretty safe.

--------------

Veterans Not To Rate - Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Ness, Peach, Ganondorf, Marth
The only N64 veteran with any remote risk of removal is Jigglypuff, and I think even she is a stretch with the whole Fairy type thing. Peach and Ganondorf are far too high profile to be of any significant risk, and Marth is a Smash icon that acts as the Mario of the Fire Emblem franchise, so I can't imagine a scenario where he is excluded.

--------------

Nominations
3x Isaac
2x Toon Link

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So, I'm not sure what "want" is supposed to mean. It seems a lot of people are using it to mean "how fun does this character look" but the thing is for any unconfirmed characters, we don't have that, we only have how much we like the character and how interesting and fun we THINK they'll be if included. I mean, with Ganondorf I would want him 100% but as a Capt Falcon clone? Better than nothing, but I almost wish he hadn't been put in Melee since that seems to have given the Sakurai the idea he should continue to be a clone. I liked playing as him in Melee, but I certainly want Captain Ganondorf much less than Ganondorf in general.

As such, I'm rating Mega Man, WFT and Villager on that basis, not on the basis of what's been revealed about their move sets. Mega Man looks awesome, WFT looks like she has could be fun as a nimble ZSS/Sheik type character (Sheik was my best character in Melee), Villager looks like he has potential (possibly too zany? I'd want to see some actual gameplay to get a better idea).

It also seems that some people are using 50% want as being neutral... For example, there are some characters that some people seem to want that I actively want NOT to be in the game because I find them annoying and not worthy of inclusion (this is especially true for 3rd party characters that don't have enough of a Nintendo connection to justify inclusion and I don't particularly like). But regardless of how much I dislike them, they all seem like they should get 0% since I don't want them at all (instead, I'd give them negative values if I could). Someone I am utterly indifferent to would also get a 0% though. I'm going to give my wants also assuming that the characters I REALLY want are already included - that is, I won't be playing politics like, oh, I don't want WFT because she might take Ridley's spot. I'm gonna kinda use the veterans I think deserve a spot, I want them to be there, but they're not my favorites as my reference point.

I'm also going to incorporate knowledge about Sakurai's generalized character selection process that has been revealed since E3 as if he had said it before their reveals...

Anyway...

Mega Man chance: 80%
Sakurai and Capcom had made plenty of hints that Mega Man would be included, but legal issues can always get in the way, and Capcom hasn't been treating Mega Man right lately (hell, I kinda think he'd be better off with Nintendo). If not for the hints they'd been dropping, I would've rated him more like 30%
Mega Man want: 100%
One of my favorite video game characters and my most wanted newcomer (that also was true for Brawl)
Looks: Awesome. I love the NES design. I had Mega Man 1-6 growing up and Mega Man 2-4 were my favorites, and they seem to have the most influence on his design (MM2 special weapons, MM3 Rush + sliding, MM4 charge shot). I also hope there are some Mega Man X references in the game. A Mega Man X palette swap would be hot.

Villager chance: 23%
Sure, Sakurai said he wouldn't know what to do with him, but Sakurai says a lot of things. It certainly downgrades how much I would've rated him though. It's not really that hard to come up with a move set if you think about it. And it's not like all of the characters totally make sense anyway. Dr Mario certainly was not a fighter, and Mr Game & Watch and Jigglypuff fighting against Snake's grenades and missiles is not much weirder a juxtaposition than the Villager doing so. The series popularity factors in his favor. I also probably would think that Tom Nook was more likely to get in and he seemed to be more desired. Since I'm not thinking that two Animal Crossing reps is likely, Tom Nook seeming to be a possibility would make me rate Villager less.
Villager want: 50%
I don't play Animal Crossing, so I don't particularly desire him. He looks like he might be fun to play as, but I can imagine plenty of other characters being fun. My want is primarily based on how much I love the character + how interesting they might be. I don't care about Villager, but he does seem to have some interesting moves.

Wii Fit Trainer chance: 2%
WFT is in the WTF slot. I imagine there are maybe one or two of those slots. She's competing against a number of other possible WTF characters, and so I guess my thinking should be based on comparison among that group. A WTF character should be a major character from an obscure franchise, something hardware related (ROB and G&W fit both of those criteria, as does WFT actually) or possibly an obscure character from a major franchise (Mouser from SMB2, for example). I'm not sure on the distinction between a retro character and a WTF character though to be honest (is it perhaps that a WTF character wouldn't seem worthy even if they were current?). Anyway, I figure plenty of characters rate more highly for the WTF/retro/hardware type slots and some of them I would've picked as more likely choices for the slot. In retrospect though, considering the hardware connection of G&W and ROB she does fit a pattern sort of. Miis would also fit in there though, and I would still figure them to be much more likely and I would've given them most of the probability for that "slot".
WFT want: 30%
I didn't initially believe IGN when they said she had joined. I assumed she was an AT and they were joking. But after I considered it, she seems pretty funny and the idea of her being chipper and saying motivational exercise phrases like in the WiiFit "game" as she beats your ass is pretty funny.

Palutena: I'm going to predict 81.5%. People here seem to think she's pretty likely.

Nominations:
Ridley x2
Simon Belmont x2
King K Rool x1

Veterans not to rate:
Smash 64: Luigi, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness
Melee: Bowser, Ganondorf, Peach, Zelda (that's Zelda, not Sheik)
Brawl: Diddy Kong, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man
Chance: 70%
Sakurai had made semi-cryptic comments about "a Capcom character." Mega Man has a long history with Nintendo and was undeniably (and inexplicably) one of the most requested character additions.
Want: 0%
I stand by my belief that no third party characters should be included in Super Smash Bros. But given that it's already happened, there is at least some consolation that they have chosen a more appropriate character this time around.

Villager
Chance: 75%
I was fairly confident that an Animal Crossing rep would make it into SSB4, and the recent release of New Leaf only added to the likelihood. As with Olimar's inclusion, Villager is an opportunity to showcase a new-era franchise instead of over-relying on old IP.
Want: 100%
Although I'm unlikely to play often as Villager, I'm glad the Animal Crossing series is represented.

Wii Fit Trainer
Chance: 0%
I felt sure that Nintendo would want to advertise its Wii ventures (and rightly so) but like most people I assumed it would be through a customisable Mii character. Having never played Wii Fit I didn't even realise that it had a trainer.
Want: 15%
It's hard to analyse until we've seen some more, but generally I prefer my characters to be characters, not interfaces.

-------

Palutena
Predicted chance: 80%
Predicted want: 72%

-------

Nominations:

4x Tetra (solo, NOT combined with "Toon Zelda"
1x Starfy

-----

Veterans not to rate:

Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Luigi
Peach
Zelda
Ganondorf
Mr Game & Watch
Wario
King Dedede
Meta Knight

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Mega Man
90%...I thought he was going to be the big reveal in the first trailer for a long time. It just made too much sense.
Want 60% - he's very cool and all, but he was not make or break for me. I will definitely try him out though and love how smash incorporated another iconic character....pac man is next maybe...

Villager
10%...Was not expected an AC character, especially after previous comments by the developer
Want 70% - I'm a lot happier with how he came out in terms of moveset, plus AC is an awesome Nintendo franchise that needs to be represented in smash

WFT
1%... Out of left field...leave it to Nintendo
Want 50% ...I like how unique she is but I'm really indifferent at this point. Initially I was livid, then she grew on me. Wii fit is a big Nintendo franchise now sadly..

Palutena
80%- Another female character, plus she's from KI a game made by Sakurai. Just look at how many Kirby reps there are. She can easily be a unique character too.
Want 85% ... KI is my favorite 3ds game. I loved the constant banter between Pit and her. She's worthy of a spot more so than a myriad of others IMHO

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Villager - 12%: Well I never thought he'd make it in. But him being in does show that Sakurai is creative.

Mega Man - 70%: I may not have been one of the many that supported him, but I guess the fans, like with the situation for Sonic in Brawl, was bound to happen. I just didn't think that he'd be shown this early.

WFT - 1.5%: That one character that Sakurai said that no one suggested to be a character. Pretty much we all didn't see her coming, the WTF character of this game. Strange thing is that I didn't expect our WTF character to be shown so early, from where we had G&W for melee, ROB for brawl, those were both secret characters. But hey, this was Sakurai's special want, so I'll respect it.

Palutena prediction (not likelihood): 82.5%: Waiting for tomorrow to give full input.

Nominations:
Bowser Jr x5

Is it right?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Megaman
Prediction 60%
Although he was the most demanded 3rd-party character, he was still 3rd-party, immediately making it not so likely for him to show up. What made him more possible is his long history with Ninty, and the fact that he fits in the game like a glove.

Want 90%

Megaman games are probably my favorite NES games, and I love Megaman X. I think he's a great fit and I can't wait to try out his move-set.

The Villager
Prediction 40%
In Brawl, there was an Animal Crossing stage, and with the release of New Leaf, Animal Crossing has gained even more popularity. Even then, it wasn't in anyway expected of an AC character to show up in SSB4, but it wasn't absolutely out of the question either. I would've guessed Tom Nook before the Villager though.

Want 80%
I really really wanted an AC character in SSB since before Brawl. I would've put 100% if it weren't for the fact that I would've liked Tom Nook more though.

Wii Fit Trainer
Prediction 0.01%
I would've never guessed, and even when I heard she was confirmed, I still didn't believe it until I saw the video for myself.

Want 70%
I would've never thought that I wanted the Wii Fit trainer to be a playable character until I saw the video. She's hilarious and, surprisingly, a great addition to SSB4.

Palutena
Prediction 80%

She's a prominent and memorable character from a very recent and successful game, made under the direction of Sakurai himself. She is a very likely addition to SSB4.

Want 70%
I think she'd be a great addition to the game, especially since there would be another female character in the roster. She would have a good/interesting moveset, and she was very likeable in KI: U.

Nominations
Ridley X 2
K.Rool X 2
Ryu Hayabusa

I don't think any veterans from the N64 game, or the ones from Melee that made it into Brawl, except Falco might be removed (because he's a clone)
Most of the Brawl characters are up in the air for me.

D

Deleted member

Erimir said:
So, I'm not sure what "want" is supposed to mean. It seems a lot of people are using it to mean "how fun does this character look" but the thing is for any unconfirmed characters, we don't have that, we only have how much we like the character and how interesting and fun we THINK they'll be if included. I mean, with Ganondorf I would want him 100% but as a Capt Falcon clone? Better than nothing, but I almost wish he hadn't been put in Melee since that seems to have given the Sakurai the idea he should continue to be a clone. I liked playing as him in Melee, but I certainly want Captain Ganondorf much less than Ganondorf in general.

As such, I'm rating Mega Man, WFT and Villager on that basis, not on the basis of what's been revealed about their move sets. Mega Man looks awesome, WFT looks like she has could be fun as a nimble ZSS/Sheik type character (Sheik was my best character in Melee), Villager looks like he has potential (possibly too zany? I'd want to see some actual gameplay to get a better idea).

It also seems that some people are using 50% want as being neutral... For example, there are some characters that some people seem to want that I actively want NOT to be in the game because I find them annoying and not worthy of inclusion (this is especially true for 3rd party characters that don't have enough of a Nintendo connection to justify inclusion and I don't particularly like). But regardless of how much I dislike them, they all seem like they should get 0% since I don't want them at all (instead, I'd give them negative values if I could). Someone I am utterly indifferent to would also get a 0% though. I'm going to give my wants also assuming that the characters I REALLY want are already included - that is, I won't be playing politics like, oh, I don't want WFT because she might take Ridley's spot. I'm gonna kinda use the veterans I think deserve a spot, I want them to be there, but they're not my favorites as my reference point.
Feel free to use the want rating system however you wish, but I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability on how I view the want system.

Wants for unconfirmed characters are basically "how interested am I in seeing this character get in?" A variety of reasons can contribute to want scores. Some of these things that factor into it include if a person likes the character, if the person is interested in what the character could bring, aesthetic, etc. I gave Mega Man a 100% because of him being my favorite video game character, I love his move set and I think he looks really cool (and cute at the same time). I would have given him a 100% even if he hadn't been confirmed yet. Now there are characters I am indifferent to in general, but I don't give them a 0% since I'm not against these characters; instead I would give them a 50%. Shulk is one of these characters. I consider him a good choice and think he merits a spot, but I honestly don't care for him at all and would prefer Isaac, Starfy, Saki and Ray to appear with or instead of Shulk. However, I wouldn't give him a 0% because I'm not going to put him in the same level as characters I flat out do not want to see in Smash at all. 0% for me are reserved for characters I would strongly dislike to see in like Cloud because not only do I have no interest in him, I also would have my hype deflated to see a precious third-party slot wasted on a character that is even more synonymous with Sony than Snake is (and unlike Snake, would not get in because of developer request, but incredibly annoying fans who are thankfully not around mostly for Smash).

Again, free free to use the want system to however you feel, but this is just how I use it.

@Admiral Pit: You did it right. You also have the option of voting to axe veterans from Rate Their Chance.

Edit: A reminder that any vote for Palutena will be counted as a prediction, not a vote for her likelihood overall. Just want to make sure people understand this.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Villager:
Likelihood: 40% - Sakurai's statement would have decreased his likelihood substantially in my eyes, but otherwise, he's representative of a large new series and, if Word of God said nothing, I would have considered him a lock.
Want: 55% - I'm lukewarm, but the idea of him being a memetic walking psycho makes him appeal to me just a bit.

Mega Man:
Likelihood: 85% - I never actually thought the "Capcom hates Mega Man to the point where they'll block him from Smash" storyline held any water, and that him being consistently ranked the most wanted newcomer, both third party and overall, would earn him a slot. And yeah, third parties were always going to return, with him leading the pack by a massive margin.
Want: 60% - His music sounds superb thus far, and he looks to be a more tactical character than 95% of past characters, so color me excited.

Wii Fit Trainer:
Likelihood: 1% - When Sakurai said "pretty much everyone" didn't see her coming, I was most certainly included.
Want: 20% - I'll try her out for the novelty, but I'm not going to pretend I think she's more interesting than she is, just because she's a genius shock character.

Palutena:
Likelihood: 75% - A lesser score than I gave her previously, just out of fear that Dark Pit will be added in her stead, what with it being such an easy 'troll' choice that people would defend regardless. Otherwise, she's pretty much golden.
Want: 50% - Solely out of wanting her more than any other Kid Icarus character not named Hades.

Veterans Not to Rate: Yoshi, Luigi, C. Falcon, Ness, Peach, Zelda, Ganondorf, Marth, Wario, Meta Knight, Dedede, Diddy, Olimar (a lot, yes)

Nominate:
K. Rool x 3
Ridley x 1
Bowser Jr. x 1

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Veterans Not to Rate: All from the "Original 12", Peach, Zelda, MK, D3, Olimar, Diddy, Marth, Wario... I guess that's it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Megaman
Likeliness: 55%
Until the reveal of the trailer last week, none of us knew if there was going to be 3rd party characters nor if one of them would be the Blue Bomber. Not to mention, he has received very little Capcom love as of late. Being that, I felt his likeliness was 55/45....he has some things going for him but I never thought of him as a definite shoe-in.

I've been a fan of the MM games since 1 and would play them with my parents. Good memories. I dressed up as him for Halloween at age 5. I would regularly create new robot masters by my parents picking a piece of paper from a hat (chainsaw man, kangaroo man, cement man, etc) and then draw them. This went for X as well. Seeing MM playable has delighted me in ways very few things can and renewed my hope in the Megaman franchise.

Villager
Likeliness: 5%
I would if never guessed villager would be playable due to Sakurai's feeling on them
After Brawl. And if an AC character would be chosen, I would have said Tom Nook. He was a complete and utter surprise.
Want: 60%
I would love Tom Nook but Villager is pretty cool.

Wii Fit Trainer
Likeliness: 0%
This was so far out left field that I was nearly floored. I didn't even know who she was or Wii Fit even had a trainer. I would have called you for even suggesting here a year ago.
Want: 70%
I like playing as ZZS and she seems to play a little bit like her. I'll try picking her up (or vice versa).

Palutena

Likeliness: 80%
I feel among the possible newcomers, she ranks high above many of them. She is one of the few characters that I'm expecting to see and would be pretty upset if she isn't. She is definitely the top pick for a likely KI candidate and has a large amount of popularity.

As mentioned before, I want her. She would be extremely unique and has a lot of potential; bringing much into the game.

Ah crap, my nomz

Dixie x2
Shulk x2
Saki

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Megaman

Likeliness: 90%
Megaman was one of the most wanted characters for a long time. Seeing him revealed was not too much of a surprise, but still was great to see him confirmed.
Seeing Megaman's playstyle made me want to play him. I can't wait to play as him.

Villager
Likeliness: 50%
We could guess we were getting more AC representation in Sm4sh, but most figured it would be Nook.
Want: 75%
Seems like an interesting playstyle and will be fun. Not as excited for him as some other characters.

Wii Fit Trainer
Likeliness 40%
While this may seem strange to some people Wii Fit was one of the biggest series on the Wii. We should have expected to see some representation in Sm4sh. That being said a character was certainly surprising.
Want: 20%
I didn't really like ZSS's playstyle and from the looks of it WFT plays similarly to ZSS. While she may be interesting she does not make me personally want to play her.

Palutena
Likeliness 70%
With KI getting a recent revival I could see them getting a second rep in Sm4sh. I see Palutena being the most likely rep for KI.
Seeing as she is a goddess it would be interesting to have her as playable.

Veterans not to rate: Yoshi, Luigi, Ness, C. Falcon, Peach, Zelda, DeDeDe, Diddy, G&W, Marth

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Villager - 1% After Brawl, only few people keep to believe that an animal crossing character would be possible and even less people expected the villager. I was neither of them.
Want 75% The only way I could be more happy if it was Tom Nook or Mr Resetti.

Megaman - 85% That guy have a huge popularity and a long history with Nintendo.
Want 15% I don't care that much about 3rd party characters in Smash Bros, I just wanted him for all the people
who were expecting him.

Wii Fit Trainer - 1% I would have laugh at your face for even considering WFT as a possible choice pre-E3.
Want 60% But now that I see her, I really want to play as her and I rather have her than the Miis.

Prediction
Palutena 60% For the people who expect no 2nd Kid Icarus character or another one.

Nominate
Mewtwo X5

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
Palutena Prediction:
70%
Seems to get a spot on most people's rosters

Megaman-75%
Want-55%
I have never played a mega man game, but he seems better than some candidates.

Villager-40%
Want-50%
I am quite indifferent to this inclusion. It seems like a good idea but it is not a character that I care about.

Wii Fit Trainer- 10x10^-infinity%
Want-25%
Meh.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Megaman:
75% -- It was pretty obvious, but still 3rd party.
Want: 0%. I don't like Megaman, at all.

Villager:
10% -- An animal crossing rep was a distinct possibility, but I'd figured that Totakeke / K.K. Slider would be more likely due to easier movepool.
Want: 10%. It's quite gimmicky. I'm excited to play it now that it's out, but I think it'll get old quick.

Wii Fit Trainer:
10% -- A Wii Fit rep was really unlikely, but she'd be the only one.
Want: 30%. She seems solid but I'm just not that into it.

Palutena Prediction:
50% -- She may be wanted, but really she just seems like another Zelda, far too similar. These flowy/elegant/magical princesses. She's more likely than Magnus, but I think Magnus would fit better. There's no guarantee for another Kid Icarus rep, though.
Want: 30% -- She's just another Zelda

Veterans not to Rate: Luigi, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Marth, Peach, Ice Climbers, Sheik/Zelda, Ganondorf, Mr. G&W, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, King DeDeDe, Diddy Kong.

Nominations:
Isaac (Golden Sun) x3
Rayman x1
Toon Link x1

D

Deleted member

Very sorry that I didn't start this sooner. I will start work on it now.

In other words, Day 1 - Part 2 has ended.

Edit:

Attention everyone.

After tallying up all the votes, I decided to reduce the threshold needed to axe characters from Rate Their Chance to only having a majority of the vote (has to be above 50%). This is mainly because I don't want us to have to deal with rating characters like Wario and King Dedede when we all know they're happening (barring extremely unfortunate circumstance). With that said, these are the characters that will not be on Rate Their Chance due to demand:
- Everyone already confirmed
- Captain Falcon
- Luigi
- Ness
- Peach
- Zelda
- Diddy Kong
- Wario
- Meta-Knight
- King Dedede

Characters that will be up for voting are:
- Jigglypuff
- Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Falco
- Marth
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Lucas
- Olimar
- R.O.B.
- Zero Suit Samus
- Wolf
- Lucario
- Pokémon Trainer
- Ike
- Toon Link
- Snake
- Sonic
Eyes are tired right now, can't concentrate, I'll rest up for a hour or so before getting to the ratings. Thankfully this will be the worst of the tallies due to so much going on.

D

Deleted member

Got up very late. About time I finally get off my butt and get the second day started.

A very unnecessarily long day had finally come to a close. The viewers gave their thoughts on the chance of the confirmed newcomers, how they reacted to them, veterans to cut off from Rate Their Chance and their thoughts on what Palutena would score tomorrow.

The first score that was shown was that of no other than the Blue Bomber. Before his confirmation, it seems as fans were rather optimistic about his inclusion as he was given a 73.7% of making it. When it came to how much people wanted him, he scores rather enthusiastically as well, earning a 71.25%.

Next up came the Villager. Surprisingly, people were much more divisive about his chance before his confirmation, which launched his score all the way up to 41.5%. The Villager was also well received with a score of 67.75%.

Finally, most people agreed on one thing, that the Wii Fit Trainer was something almost everyone didn't see coming. Wii Fit Trainer was given a 5.38% in likelihood, but because of how shocking her inclusion was, opinions on her being in was divisive with a score of 46.55%.

Now came time to say goodbye to these three characters along with the veterans confirmed and the veterans voted out of Rate Their Chance. They knew that whatever potential newcomer added into the game and the veterans forced to stay behind would be criticized to the finest point and would be scrutinized for a day.

The first of these characters came out from the sky. Lady Palutena appeared before all in a graceful stance. She declared that she was the Goddess of Light and as such, had powers beyond what people in the stadium could notice. Palutena's appearance was because she was hoping to make an appearance in Smash and looked forward to what others had to say about her.

Judgment had began and it would not stop until Super Smash Bros. 4 had released.

Day 2 begins! Today, you will be rating Palutena's likelihood and how much you want Palutena along with predicting Ridley's score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal, as you do every day. The day will end on June 22nd, 2012 sometimes after 7:15 PM (I have to work).

If you are confused, here's the format to use to help you out:
Palutena: *Insert likelihood with possible reasoning*
*Insert want score*

Ridley: *Insert prediction for Ridley's score tomorrow*

Nominations: *insert five nominations*

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Palutena: 75% . I've come to understand that Palutena is the natural 2nd rep from Kid Icarus, which seems more profiled now, with Pit already being revealed. Smash also needs more female reps so it's a win-win.
Want: 90%. Another female? Great!

Ridley: 60%

Nominations:
Phoenix Wright
Uncle Scrooge
Professor Layton

Ice Climbers
Ganondorf

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Palutena: 75% For a 2nd KI rep, it's either her or none. Kid Icarus is admittedly important enough as a franchise to be shown as a apart of the initial trailer.
Want: 80% I support her, She's a character with a likeable personality, and then there's a staff for a moveset.

Ridley Prediction: 90%
As Oasis_S put on the supporter's list: Anyone with a brain pretty much. :laugh:

Nominations:
Isaac x 3
Lyn x 2

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Palutena: 90%
Kid Icarus has been revived and brought a new and great game for the 3ds. This franchise deserves another rep.

Ridley: 75%

Sandbag x4
Tabuu

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Palutena? Cool.

Likelihood: 90%

She's one of the very few characters that I both fully want and fully expect. It'd be a shame if Sakurai passes her up.

Prediction for Ridley: 76% (there's bound to be a few detractors)

Nominations:

Ice Climbers x5

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Palutena
80%- Another female character, plus she's from KI a game made by Sakurai. Just look at how many Kirby reps there are. She can easily be a unique character too.
Want 85% ... KI is my favorite 3ds game. I loved the constant banter between Pit and her. She has the potential for a diverse and unique moveset.

Ridley: prediction 83%, seems to be one of the few first party nintendo characters missing that is truly an "all-star"
Nominations
Shulk x4
Isaac x1

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Palutena: 70%
The only things standing in her way are how much Sakurai looks at Brawl popularity to determine newcomers, and if he feels he won't be biased including her.

Want: 90%
Would be such a unique fighter.

Ridley: 95%

Nominations:
King K Rool x 2
Toad x 2
Jigglypuff x 1

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Palutena: 75% I would definitely like Palutena as a second rep, but if it comes to the scene if it isn't, it should be Dark Pit.

Want: 100% I literally love her personality, I wonder if the moveset is going to be similar to Zelda's (in normal attacks).

Ridley Prediction: Probably you all should put 100%, because if Sakurai listened to Megaman fans, you might as well put Ridley.

Nominations:
xWell probably 5x Isaac since everyone is multipling Isaac's nominations.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There's no real right or wrong way to do this, after you read how simple his criteria for character inclusion is. It's going to come down to gut instincts at this point.

Palutena: 68%

She has nothing going against her really, but after seeing his selections so far, my views on exactly who will be chosen are shaken.

Not too interested in her, but I can see the obvious move set potential, so I'm always down if the character is going to play interestingly.

Ridley: 89%

People here are going to shoe-in the **** out of him.

I nominate:
Krystal x3
Tharja x2

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Palutena Likeliness Prediction: 85% She is the best and most popular Kid Icarus newcomer. And a new KI character is pretty likely considering Sakurai put Kid Icarus with the big guns in the trailer. I think he sees it as a big series.
Want: 80% She's a cool character with lots of moveset potential.

Ridley Prediction: 80%

Pokemon Trainer x3
King K.Rool
Isaac

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Palutena:

Likeliness: 90% - I'm gonna be in shock if she doesn't make it in, seems like a shoe-in to me. Not only because Sakurai made Kid Icarus: Uprising, but because the franchise had a very successful revival.

Want: 70% - Not a character I'd go crazy over, but she seems like she'd be a nice addition.

Ridley Prediction: 75% - There's bound to be some naysayers, and I honestly find it a realistic guess.

Nominations:

5x Ridley. (If we can still do that, if we can't I don't really care either way, only character I'm desperate for.)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Palutena:

Likelihood - 93% - The only thing I can see going against her is Sakurai's modesty and there are no current plans to continue the franchise. She has everything else going for her: Being from a popular, well-selling game; a likable, funny personality; no real completion from others inside Kid Icarus; and a lot of possibilities for a move set. Is there really a downside for her?

Want: 100% - I can think of nothing that would realistically happen that would make me not like her.

Ridley Prediction - 77.5% - At least one "hez to big guyz!!111!one! zhero pherscent lol" will happen, dragging the percentage way down. Ugh. :facepalm:

Nominations:
Toon Link X3
Isaac X1
Lucario X1

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Palutena - Likelihood: 85%, Want: 35%
If I were rating the likelihood of a Kid Icarus newcomer, I'd give it a full 100%, but for Palutena herself, I've seen just enough Dark Pit among Sakurai's Twitter images and discussion related to him in the social forum to raise some doubt in my mind. He'd be an absolute troll character, but one just viable enough that people would still come to his defense and label him a good choice due to using Uprising's new weapons. That said, upon thinking it over a bit, I boosted my previous Palutena score after noting that Pit himself is already using these new weapons, lessening the need for a character who uses them exclusively. Otherwise, Palutena is like Little Mac in that she's a composite character representing both old and new games, and has the importance and popularity to back it up.

In terms of want, I don't -not- want Palutena the character, but unless she plays more like a traditional heavyweight than like a heavier Zelda, I can't see myself enjoying her too much in-game.

Ridley Prediction - 84.5%

Nominate K. Rool x 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom