• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Might as well join in myself. Anyway here's my five.

Ridley: Kinda obvious at this point, I still think he has a chance. Also, one of the most popular Nintendo bad guys not yet playable.
Isaac: I'm surprised no one is voting for him yet.(Nevermind, he's getting votes now)
Dixie: New-found relevance might up her chances. Overall important to said series.
King K. Rool: Same as Ridley, really popular villain. Who happens to have some cool moveset potential.
Palutena: I dunno. She seems to be popular. So that might help her chances.

D

Deleted member

In the nominations, Ike and Lucario are listed twice.
Fixed Ike, although Lucario wasn't mentioned twice.
Nominations:
Palutena
Mii
Wario
Little Mac
Pac-Man

So it's guessing the next character, then if you get it right you get to nominate some more?
No it works more like this.

A character gets nominated enough to where he is the most nominated character of the day (including votes from the previous days). Once that character gets the most nomination, he is up for prediction in which people guess what his likelihood score is tomorrow when the character is up for voting. After the prediction phase ends, the character then moves to the voting phase in which people give their thoughts on their likelihood of getting in. When the day ends, the person who predicts the final likelihood score the character gets wins five nominations (ten if said person gets prediction totally right).

D

Deleted member

Ending Day 1 - Part 1 now. Will be working on starting up Day 1 - Part 2. Be looking forward to it; while no unconfirmed characters are up for voting, people should pay attention.

Groose

Smash Champion
Oops, I'm just a tad too late. Well, I'll still look forward to participating in the next part.

I just love this game.

D

Deleted member

Oops, I'm just a tad too late. Well, I'll still look forward to participating in the next part.

I just love this game.
Lucky for you, it should be here very soon. Definitely within the next thirty minutes.

D

Deleted member

At last, the first round is fixing to begin. Palutena, Goddess of Light, has been chosen to be judged in likelihood, but before that, speculators will predict a score, hoping to earn more nomination. On top of that, people will be reminiscing of how they felt about Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's likelihood as they think back to their opinions on them. Veterans also have the potential to not show up at all with a 75% majority voting against them.

The game is fixing to begin. Already, you can smell the hunger that the speculators have for rating likelihoods.

Today, we will be predicting what score Palutena gets tomorrow, continuing to nominate characters (this will happen every day), giving our thoughts on Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's likelihood and discussing which veterans shouldn't be rated (votes for a character that reaches 75% or more will result in the veterans not being able to participate in Rate Their Chance.

Some notes here:
When voting for Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's likelihood keep in mind several things. First off, these votes do not count. As they are confirmed, they cannot be placed on the list of likelihood, these votes are merely for fun and just to see your thoughts on their chance before they were confirmed, You also get to rate how much you like the addition of these characters based off what is known about them so far, though this will also not count. They're mainly here to pass the time and give one last thought on them.

How a veteran can be removed from Rate Their Chance is done simply by saying that you don't want them to be rated. Keep in mind that if you vote for a character to not be rated that you're under the assumption that they are likely enough to where voting them in unnecessary. When a veteran gets 75% of the votes, they will be removed from Rate Their Chance and given a 100%. Do note, however, that this will only happen today.

Palutena's score is being predicted for when he gets voted tomorrow. Today is not the day to rate her likelihood. Each day, people can nominate up to five characters, though this can change based on if the poster gets the closest to nomination or hits the score right.

GameFAQs variation can be found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66508706

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Wasn't too excited about Mega Man, though I did expect him to show up.

Villager showing up was the best thing from E3. <3 New main right here.

Wii Fit Trainer was totally out of left field, but she looks like such an awesome character that I want to use.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Megaman, was expected actually. (I kept him in my roster the whole time each time I had a different roster)
I got mad when Villager was revealed instead of Tom Nook.
What ThatWasPeachy said about Wii Fit Trainer.

Groose

Smash Champion
E3 Reveal Commentary:
Mega Man: 65% One of the most likely third-party characters... but a third-party character nontheless.
Villager: 40% To be fair, I was almost certain an Animal Crossing character would appear, I just wasn't sure if it would be the player character or Tom Nook. I had Tom Nook at 50% before the reveal, for the record.
Wii Fit Trainer: 5%. Yeah, I never go all the way down to zero. But still... this is as close as it gets for me.

Veterans Not to be Rated:
Captain Falcon, Yoshi. No chance in hell that either gets left out.

Prediction on Palutena's Results:
79% of people will say that she will get in. I'll withhold my personal prediction until the round begins tomorrow.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Villager - 40% (Sakurai'd previously said he wouldn't be in, but I never thought he was specifically un-add-able)
Mega Man - 80% (Frankly, I expected Mega Man to be the most likely third party candidate, definitely the one to get in from Capcom. I was surprised that they showed him so soon in the E3 trailer, but I'm glad nonetheless)
Wii Fit Trainer - 0% (Seriously, this was one that wasn't even on my radar. If she'd ever been mentioned before, maybe I would have given her a generous 5%)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Megaman 80%: I'm really excited for Megaman as he's one of my favorite game characters. I also really liked how true the character is to his NES roots, while still managing to implement some of his SNES/MvC moves as well. I think he'll honestly be one of my mains in the game. A lot of his moves are really look fun to use. Having the charge shot act as his Forward Smash is an interesting choice too now that I think about it. But I do wonder what kind of Final Smash will be used. Chances are it's the Super Adapter, since Rush already has a model in the game. Though I am surprised that he acts more robotic in Smash than he does in his own games. Not that it's a particularly bad thing. He seemed really likely for three reasons. One being that he's a popular third party character that has very close ties to Nintendo. Another one is that he was the second most requested characters, after Sonic of course. The last reason is that Capcom loves crossovers, so it's not that strange to see their characters in someone else's games.

Want level? 100%. Most of what I said above should point out why I'm excited about him. Megaman might be one of my mains.

Villager 15%: Not sure what to say. I never played the Animal Crossing games, so I'm unfamiliar with him. But I heard that he was left out of Brawl due to his series's peaceful nature. So I'm happy for the many Animal Crossing fans out there. But seeing as Sakurai has changed his mind on this character has intrigued me. It makes me wonder what other characters he once had doubts about that can be implemented in Smash now.

Want level? 65% I know very little of Animal Crossing. But he looks fun as hell despite my lack of knowledge on his series.

Wii Fit Trainer 5%: Don't really care to be honest. Same with others like R.O.B and Game and Watch. Might be an interesting character I guess.

Want level? 5% Still really don't care.

Palutena's chances: 65% I have a good feeling that she could make it. She's a popular character from a recently revived franchise,Which could have another sequel one day. We know what kind of stuff could be implemented into her moveset when she was had to be fought against in KI:U. Really the only thing that stops her chances is whether or not KI deserves another rep just yet. Along with Sakurai being rather modest when it comes to his characters.

As for vets that don't need to be rated:

Smash Bros: Luigi, Ness, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff: Those guys are the rest of the original twelve. Chances are that they will stay no matter what. As those characters are as important to Smash as even Mario, Link and Samus. At the very least, I would say Luigi and Yoshi are the most likely to return, as they are too iconic to leave behind. But that could still be said about the others as well, just to a lesser extent.

Melee: Peach, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Falco: All four of them are iconic characters from their respective franchises. While Peach and Zelda are normally rescued(Well, not so much on Zelda's part), they are still popular among the fans of their series. In Smash they are completely unique characters that can't quite be replicated by others. Like Zelda turning into Sheik.

Ganondorf is the main antagonist of his series and is arguably just as important to his series as Bowser's is to Mario. While he isn't the most unique character he still has been getting the Luigi treatment, becoming more his own with each passing installment. He's one of the most important villains in Nintendo's many franchises, so chances are he'll stay and become less like Captain Falcon.

And then there's Falco, who doesn't have quite as much going for him like the former three. But he still comes from an improtant franchise. While it might seem ideal to get rid of him and simply label him a clone, Falco actually has quite a few differences to set him apart from Fox. In Brawl, many of his attacks now focus on him using his wings instead of treading on Fox's kick-based fighting style. and his special moves have different properties from Fox as well. If he returns to Smash(which chances are that's the case)Falco can become even more his own character.

Brawl: Diddy, Wario, Meta-Knight: These three I feel have the best chances of returning, all for pretty much the same reason. They are some of the biggest characters in Nintendo's backlog. Diddy is Donkey's answer to Luigi. He even starred in a few games of his own. Wario has an even better chance of returning. As he has not one, but two series that he stars in, the fact that he been in the series since in Melee is more surprising to me. And then we have Meta-Knight. Who might not have his own games to back up his status but he still is a popular character overall. And Sakurai might want to rebalance him again. To make him fit better with the rest of the cast.

I nominate Isaac x 5 this round. I want to see what everyone thinks of him.

D

Deleted member

Here's the format that I gave just in case. Not voting twice BTW:

Mega Man - 40%: I wasn't sure whenever or not Mega Man would ever get in the game. He had the most going for him than any other third-party, but there was also the uncertainty of third-parties returning, Capcom's greed and the possibility that Sakurai and Capcom wouldn't contact each other. However, with him being by far the most wanted guest (and probably the most wanted newcomer), being a gaming icon and being requested ever since pre-Melee, I still held out hope.

Want - 100%: My all-time favorite video game character and my most wanted character. You should have seen my reaction once he got in. Looks amazing, will definitely main. Having Mega Man in makes me feel vindicated after a long fight for his inclusion and the past few turbulent years.

Villager - 0%: Didn't see him happening at all due to Sakurai's comment. Was really surprised to see him get in.

Want - 90%: Very pleasant surprise here and he looks like a lot of fun to play with. Glad Sakurai changed his mind on a Animal Crossing rep.

Wii Fit Trainer - 0%: Who saw this coming? Certainly not me.

Want - 80%: At first I reacted negatively because of her being such an unconventional choice. Now I think she was a great choice and look forward to playing as her.

Prediction:
I am giving Palutena a 78.27%. I think she'll be among the highest rated characters in the game.

Veterans to cut from Rate Their Chance:
I don't think Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Zelda, Meta-Knight, King Dedede, Fox or Captain Falcon are worth discussing. We all know they're coming back.

Nominations:
x5 Pac-Man

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I did except Megaman. Probably expected him 80% because he is a third party character.
For the Villager, it was around 35%. I thought that Tom Nook would have been the AC character. But I did expect an AC character.
Wii Fit Trainer was a total shocker and 0%. I would sooner expect Master Chief.

Veterans to not be Rated
Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Wario, King Dedede, Meta Knight and Diddy Kong. Sakurai would never cut these characters out. Zelda but I have soem doubts about Sheik.

I nominate
Wreck It Ralph
Eevee
N
Bandana Waddle Dee
Toad

Groose

Smash Champion
See my above post for my vote; this post doesn't count towards voting.

Ack, I forgot to include want rates for my characters. I won't edit my post (that'd be cheating), but here we go:

Wii Fit Trainer: Want 25%, not really my style of character from what I see so far. Lack of good projectile seems to hurt.
Villager: Want 90%. I'm thrilled to have an Animal Crossing Rep, but I would have preferred Tom Nook. Even so, I love this dude.
Mega Man: Want 100%. How could I say no?

D

Deleted member

See my above post for my vote; this post doesn't count towards voting.

Ack, I forgot to include want rates for my characters. I won't edit my post (that'd be cheating), but here we go:

Wii Fit Trainer: Want 25%, not really my style of character from what I see so far. Lack of good projectile seems to hurt.
Villager: Want 90%. I'm thrilled to have an Animal Crossing Rep, but I would have preferred Tom Nook. Even so, I love this dude.
Mega Man: Want 100%. How could I say no?
Actually, you are free to edit your vote for a character as long as the day is going on. Meaning that if you wanted to change your thoughts on a character's likelihood/want/prediction/etc., you can, but it has to be done before Day 2 starts.

@BluePikmin and SmasherMaster: We're not voting on Palutena's likelihood yet, just predicting what score she gets tomorrow.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
E3 Newcomers:
Mega Man (80%): I expected him to be in the game, but wasn't expecting him to be revealed this early. But I suppose it was good to have him revealed right off the bat.
Villager (5%): I'll never take any of Sakurai's non-recent comments seriously now. :laugh: I was genuinely happy to see the villager (even more than MegaMan, in fact.) The Psycho Villager meme makes it all the more fun.
Wii Fit Trainer (0%): A shot in the dark. I'm not a fan of Wii Fit, so didn't even know that this character existed before the reveal.Embarrass I like her moveset though. Looking forward to try her out.

Veterans not to be rated:
ALL Melee Veterans who made it to Brawl.

I predict that 99% of the people will say that she will get in. I see her on almost everyone's roster.

Also,
Palutena's score is being predicted for when he gets voted tomorrow.
*she* :p

Noinations: Isaac x 5

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Actually, you are free to edit your vote for a character as long as the day is going on. Meaning that if you wanted to change your thoughts on a character's likelihood/want/prediction/etc., you can, but it has to be done before Day 2 starts.

@BluePikmin and SmasherMaster: We're not voting on Palutena's likelihood yet, just predicting what score she gets tomorrow.
Sorry about that. I think that about 90% will eb her score. There always are the people who think Kid ICarus doesn't deserver another representative.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mega Man: 75% Ridiculously demanded, almost like Sonic who was added in for what seems the same reason.

Want: 75% Brings in the Mega Man series and looks very awesome! Equal to probability because really I was never particularly crazy about him, I just understood intuitively how wanted he was and well amazing he could be, so his likability became synonymous with his likelihood really.

Villager: 45% Someone I thought still had a chance despite what was said due to his popularity, relevance, and potential.

Want: 70% Wild and zany.

Wii Fit Trainer: 5% Like Groose said, won't go zero on someone, but this is someone I would have went "BLEH!" to prior to her reveal, though that never happened because no one ever even brought her up.

Want: 60% Distinct and fun looking.

Palutena: 65% Popular, full of potential, in Sakurai's previous game to a huge degree, seems less needed as a Final Smash for Pit in light of Uprising, she's got it all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mega Man
Prediction: 80%
Yeah, I was really expecting him, as the clearly most-requested worldwide newcomer I suspected Sakurai would make the effort necessary to add him, especially since Capcom didn't seem opposed to the idea. I understood and agreed with people who didn't think we'd get an excess of new third-parties, but if we only had to have one, he was my guess.
Want: 65%
None of the third-parties with actual chances were among my most-wanted, but obviously I was still hyped to see him, and I think he'll be a great character.

Villager
Prediction: 10%
Sakurai did this to himself. The only thing that caused this to not be a zero or like one or two percent was the fact that Sakurai made some statements since considering how the Villager would play, and because AC has gotten even more popular. Had Sakurai never made those comments, my prediction would be a lot higher.
Want: 50%
He's not my first choice, but I don't have anything against him either. His playstyle seems pretty interesting, and AC deserved a rep last game tbh, so yeah... I'm fairly neutral.

Wii Fit Trainer
Prediction: 0.5%
Yeah... I would've laughed and dismissed anyone who thought this was going to happen. And then I'd have to eat my words. The only reason it's not a zero is because Wii Fit blew up.
Want: 15%
Screw you guys, I still don't like her. :p But like I said, I appreciate what she seems to be bringing, and Wii Fit I guess does deserve a rep... so... not much point in complaining.

Palutena
Prediction: 81%
Seems her only opposition will be people who think KI won't get another character or for some reason think it'll be a character other than Palutena.

Veterans to Cut:
Yoshi, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Peach, Zelda, Marth, Wario, Diddy, Dedede, Meta-Knight
(and the ones already confirmed)

Nominations:
Isaac x5

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
E3 Newcomers-
Mega Man (80%)- I knew he was going to be in the game, but some of my friends didn't expect him at all, but then again, they think a lot will be cut.

Villager (40%)- I kinda was expecting him because of New Leaf, but not totally though.

Wii Fit Trainer (0%)- Most unexpected random character ever, still looks awesome though.

Veterans not to be rated-
Cpt. Falcon, Meta knight, Luigi, Peach, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Wario, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Ness

Palutena (85%)- great 2nd rep for KI, with it's new game and her having a big role in it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Mega Man - 75%: I was pretty sure that he would get in if 3rd parties were included. wasn't too sure about the third parties anyway.
Want - 80%: MAN, he looks cool. probably easy K.O.s with the meteor on that one move. forget what it's called though.

Villager - 10%: I honestly thought tom nook would get in over him, and I thought he was low, lol.
Want - 90%: very unique character. DO WANT.

Wii Fit Trainer - 0%: Is omeone mentioned it, it still wouldn't be much higher
Want - 79%: she's pretty cool, looks like a funny character to play with against my fat friends! lol

Prediction:
Palutena: 70%: revamped series, popular choice, female, only important character in SSE without actually doing anything? yup. looks pretty solid for me.

I don't think Yoshi, Captain Falcon or Ness need to be discussed. probably coming back.

Nominations:
Tom nook (x2)
Kamek (x3)

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I Nominate

Vaati

Toon Link

Tetra/ Toon Zelda

Midna

Rayman

Babara The Barbarian

Ghirahim

Lloyd

Colette

Sonic

Tails

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Villager
Prediction: 80% - Hugely popular franchise that has already been recognized in Brawl with a stage.
Want: 25% - I just can't see myself using him.

Megaman
Prediction: 40% - As popular as he was, there's never any guarantee with third parties.
Want: 60% - I'm not a Megaman fan but he looks like he'll be fun to play as. I'm very happy that they went with his NES design.

Wii Fit Trainer
Prediction: 10% - Even though Wii fit is a very successful franchise, it was hard to imagine it would be represented in Smash with a playable character.
Want: 90% - I'm one of her big fans. I love her creepy mannequin look, and her play style.

Palutena: I'm guessing that she'll average about 86%.

Characters not to include: Yoshi

Nominations: Chrom x1, Toad x1, Professor Layton x1, Isa Jo x1, Olimar x1

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Mega Man - 75%: He was definitely the most wanted 3rd-party character, that much is certain. I had some doubt for him, however, as the possibility of 3rd-parties not returning was certainly evident. There was also the whole fiasco with Capcom's treatment of Mega Man that made me worried that someone like Phoenix Wright or Ryu would take Capcom's 3rd-party spot instead.

Want - 100%: I can honestly say that Mega Man is more Nintendo than any other 3rd-party character I can think of. The platforming genre in general just feels so retro, and the 8-bit style of the classic series just screams Nintendo every bit of the way. As such, in a Nintendo fighter, Mega Man just feels so right. There's nothing more that needs to be said beyond that he belongs in Smash Bros.

Villager - 15%: Sakurai's comment on him threw me off too, gotta admit. Still, with all the support Nook or Villager had pre-statement, I knew there was a base out there that still wanted one of them to be in Smash. He wasn't likely, but he still had a chance, especially considering how possible his movesets seemed despite coming from a friendly game.

Want - 90%: It might be because I'm playing New Leaf at the time of judging this, but I gotta say, he looks like a lot of fun and his fighting style is extremely creative, so I am excited to see him in the roster.

Wii Fit Trainer - 0%: God damnit, Sakurai.

Want - 30%: Even with the initial shock out of the way, I'm still not thrilled with her inclusion. I will admit however, this is on part of my own bias in that she represents the casual side of Nintendo, which was certainly what made the Wii appear so weak in its library compared to its competition. It doesn't exactly help that she lacks a back-story and an actual name, something every other character save Mr. Game & Watch has (though even then his name and niche appearance makes up for that). The only reason I see merit in her is through representing a side of Nintendo no other character does... That being said, between her and the Villager, Miis are unlikely to find a place in Smash Bros. To me, that's a good thing.

Prediction:
Palutena - 81.2%: Between her popularity in Uprising, Sakurai bias in practically owning her IP, and importance to the series (Palutena's Mirror in Japan, how does that not follow the Zelda principle?), she has a very high chance. Even more so in the fact that shortie's recent poll results showed us that she was in the Top 15 most wanted characters.

I probably have more here than anybody else. Any part of the original 12, Peach, Zelda, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Falco, Marth, G&W, Metaknight, Dedede, Lucas, Diddy, Wario, Olimar, and R.O.B.
[collapse="Reasons why"]
The way Sakurai feels about making cuts to veterans pretty much solidifies my stance on how none of the original cast will be cut.
Peach and Zelda are both very important female protagonists to their respective series and are essentially the drive of most games. They were Melee veterans. They will not be cut.
Ice Climbers, G&W, and R.O.B. are retro characters with entirely unique movesets. We all thought that G&W would not make it back into Brawl, but he did. If he can survive the transition between games, surely the other two retro veterans can.
Ganondorf, Metaknight, Dedede, and Wario are all antagonistic characters that have played very large roles in their respective series. While not in every game of their series, they are all iconic characters to them nonetheless. That being said, they will return.
Falco is a two-time veteran and perhaps the most important character to the Starfox series after Fox himself.
Marth is the most recognizable Lord of the Fire Emblem series and a two-time veteran. Much as to how Pikachu is to Pokemon, Marth is to Fire Emblem.
Diddy is right after DK in terms of being important to the Donkey Kong series. He will return.
Lucas has a chance on part of how he was originally supposed to replace Ness back in Melee. With Ness being a three-time veteran and Mother 3 being the most recent game in the series, there becomes little reason to cut Lucas.
Olimar is the main character of Pikmin and has appeared in all three Pikmin games. He will return.
[/collapse]

Nominations:
Waddle Dee
Starfy
Isaac
Little Mac
Ridley

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Oh uh, forgot some stuff. Hope it's okay that I make a second post.

Predicting 78% for Palutena

I don't think we need to rate: Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Captain Falcon, Wario, Marth and Zelda.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Villager Prediction: 20%
Want: 70%
If Sakurai was going to go back on what he said and reconsider a peaceful character, it would definitely be for Animal Crossing. To be honest I always saw it as a possibility, just not a likely one. He's a cool guy. I like him.

Megaman Prediction: 85%
Want: 85%
I always thought he was really likely. He was just too popular to ignore. I love Megaman games so his inclusion was exciting for me.

Wii Fit Trainer Prediction: 0%
Want: 77%
I had never even thought about her before she was revealed. I mean she's so out of the left field that people would have thought you were nuts to predict her. Regardless, she looks like a blast to play!

Palutena Prediction: 85%
Want: 70%
She's from a recently revived and popular series which Sakurai apparently sees on par with the big boys. Not only that but she is an extremely popular character as well, in regards to smash AND her own series. I'd be shocked if she didn't make it in.

I think all veterans would be fun to rate so...no one for me.

I nominate:
Ridley x3
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo

Am I doing this right?

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I'll not be adding any want % since, in the end, the more the merrier.

Mega Man: 75%

Only question here was purely legal but it always felt like it was meant to happen.

Villager: 25%

It's not that weird that Animal Crossing gets a rep but it was never clear-cut in my eyes that it was going to be Villager. All in all not a big shock but still not totally expected.

Wii Fit Trainer: 5%

In retrospect it's odd that it went so far under the radar, but it is probably because everybody thought it was going to be Mii, or that Mii would suffice. So although I put it at 5% beforehand, I would now say that it's a totally logical addition and I have no complaints.

And my prediction for the avarage for Palutena... I'd say around 73%. The range will probably be from 40% up to 100% but I don't think there will be many that sees her as a done deal.

As for veterans we don't need to vote about: Cap Falcon, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Luigi, Marth, Mr G&W, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

D

Deleted member

Swampasaur, you almost got it right, but you're not suppose to rate Palutena's likelihood today, just predict what score Palutena gets tomorrow.

Anyway, updating nomination list. Will also bump the GameFAQs thread again (for some reason, I can't get much out of that site).

Oh and The Original Robot Boy, only five nominations per day.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So if I understand right I'm suppose to leave something like this:

Palutena (75%) -Thanks to Kid Icarus: Uprising and the promo animation shorts that were released with Pit and Palutena. She has become one of the most memorable Kid Icarus characters, second to Pit.

I am a bit confused as to why people are rating Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's chances seeing how they are confirmed??? :confused:

D

Deleted member

So if I understand right I'm suppose to leave something like this:

Palutena (75%) -Thanks to Kid Icarus: Uprising and the promo animation shorts that were released with Pit and Palutena. She has become one of the most memorable Kid Icarus characters, second to Pit.

I am a bit confused as to why people are rating Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's chances seeing how they are confirmed??? :confused:
Not really.

We're rating Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer just to give out thoughts on how likely they considered these characters to get in before their confirmation. Do note that these votes won't count and we're mainly rating them to pass through the time.

We're currently predicting Palutena, not rating her likelihood. That's for the next day.

We can also vote to see which unconfirmed veteran to not rate. Whoever gets 75% of the vote will not be rated. You also have five nominations, which you can use on any character that's not a manga character.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh ok, I will nominate
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Little Mac
  3. Ridley
  4. Pac-man
If i decide not to use my 5th nominations could I do
  • King K. Rool x2 ?

D

Deleted member

Oh ok, I will nominate
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Little Mac
  3. Ridley
  4. Pac-man
If i decide not to use my 5th nominations could I do

• King K. Rool x2 ?
Sure, that is allowed. Only restriction is that you can only use five nominations.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
E3 Reveals:

Villager - Yeah, Sakurai threw us all off with the "too peaceful" statement. I was very puzzled by his inclusion, but it looks like he'll be fun. If I were to grade his likelihood before, I'd say it would be something around 5%-ish.

Mega Man - Actually, I had a very strange prediction for him: Yes, Mega Man would be in, but he would be an "ace up the sleeve" sort of thing, and expecting the return of the 2 Melee veterans as the big announcement. Obviously, that didn't happen. At all. That just made the reveal more awesome, though. I'd have given him an 85%, the highest I'm willing to go for a non-veteran third-party, for likelihood.

WFT - Honestly, this is certainly is supposed to be our WTF character. Her likely hood, in my eyes, could be very generously described as 0.5%, before she completely made every prediction roster wrong. I'm over the anger period at her, as I was kind of worried that she wouldn't be all that fun to play as, but now I think she makes a fine addition.

Palutena Prediction - 87.5% - Only slight, mild pessimism overall prevents her from breaching the 90's, but I'm fairly certain she will reach the high 80's.

Voting For:
Ridley X2
Toon Link X2
Lucario X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom