• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
You guys don't intend to make a replica of mewtwo do you? IMO you should make his appearance as close as possible, but make brawl standard frame data and what not.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just a note from that frame data: Confusion reflects projectiles? O_ O I never knew that

But anyways, How are you guys gonna make Mewtwo warp during up b and airdodge? I mean with brawl's airdodging, warping would be kinda weird looking...

jalued

Smash Lord
Just a note from that frame data: Confusion reflects projectiles? O_ O I never knew that

But anyways, How are you guys gonna make Mewtwo warp during up b and airdodge? I mean with brawl's airdodging, warping would be kinda weird looking...
yeah it did reflect, but the reflected ones had no hitbox

anyway, i ave a few ideas for move change for downB and side B

1) keep mewtwos disable (downB), but replace his confusion (sideB) with swift

- let it have 3 stars which each do 5% damage or so and have no knockback, that all fire off quickly at slightly different angles (so as to create a "wall" of stars)

2) swap mew2's disable to his sideB and replace his downB with recover

- unique move for a unique character ;) let it heal 15-20% and take about 2 -3 seconds to fully complete. if interupted during this process then it is canceled (to prevent abuse). perhaps give him the team item effect or heart effect with psychic flames

however i do think his reflect bubble thing could be nice, however maybe slightly overused since 3 characters already have it, plus if powersheilding is added then there will be even less use

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Any move that directly heals you is broken. No matter how much it recovers.

Blah Blah Blah PSI Magnet blah blah blah, those don't directly heal you. Any direct healing move is broken, and which is why many people who make movesets get flamed extensively if they have a move that heals directly.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Keep the Down + B move, because it is easy to make a character go into its shield broken animation by projectiles. As for the Side + B I say make it like the cape where it turns the character around, seeing as we have no idea how to make it so the character flips over

Thank you, but that's not what I want. I want something like this:

That would really help in choosing similar moves, and to recreate the hitboxes.

Holy hell this bears resemblance to Lucas' back aerial move, right ??

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You could make them go into their footstool animation, although this would be lolz with Bowser.

heehee

jalued

Smash Lord
Any move that directly heals you is broken. No matter how much it recovers.

Blah Blah Blah PSI Magnet blah blah blah, those don't directly heal you. Any direct healing move is broken, and which is why many people who make movesets get flamed extensively if they have a move that heals directly.
why is it broken? surely if u make it take long enough and if interupted then it cancels, surely then it becomes a situational move which could only be used in some occasions such as when opponent is recovering (which prevents you from edgeguarding during that time)

i dont see how it could be broken, as people would just learn vs mew2 u should be aggressive

would be a nice reward from doing combos and stuff if it was available in the air. you could balance him by making him lighter

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
It's just wrong that you can just heal instantaneously, no matter the risks. Direct healing should ONLY be possible with items on. It's broken because no other character can just heal themselves on the spot like that.

I mean if you got in a car crash, and were seriously hurt, woudn't it kinda defeat the purpose of a hospital, defeat the purpose of being safe on the road, that you can just heal yourself on the spot? No, that doesn't make sense either. There are much better options than a healing move.

jalued

Smash Lord
It's just wrong that you can just heal instantaneously, no matter the risks. Direct healing should ONLY be possible with items on. It's broken because no other character can just heal themselves on the spot like that.

I mean if you got in a car crash, and were seriously hurt, woudn't it kinda defeat the purpose of a hospital, defeat the purpose of being safe on the road, that you can just heal yourself on the spot? No, that doesn't make sense either. There are much better options than a healing move.
meh its pretty unique though. and i dont think it would be overpowered for him as a character (since he is generally beaten about like a punch bag). otherwise relect could be nice.

oh and how about making his fthrow swift?? make the "stars" have no hitbox but do damage (it could be his most damage hrow but have no combo options off it)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I like the fthrow idea. It's a good solution to not being able to make a good replica of his melee fthrow.

And I think a reflector would be nice. I've actually changed my views on confusion.
In melee, i could succesfully confuse a Bowser, and while he is flipping HE COULD BAIR ME OFF THE STAGE. >_<

Mikey Free

Smash Rookie
You would have to put some serious lag on that healing move to set up the appropriate punishment for spamming it. But as a big Pokemon fan i would love to see recover in there.

also!

reflector =nice.

timothyung

Smash Ace
meh its pretty unique though. and i dont think it would be overpowered for him as a character (since he is generally beaten about like a punch bag). otherwise relect could be nice.

oh and how about making his fthrow swift?? make the "stars" have no hitbox but do damage (it could be his most damage hrow but have no combo options off it)
There must be a hitbox if it does damage, but it can have no KB. And you can put some effects to the hitboxes. And I really like the forward B tripping idea. It can be made seeing that Wario's uncharged DownB can trip opponents. Give it some damage, a quick wind down, and it'll be like Ganon's side B

MaxThunder

PM Support
...its possible to combine effects... so couldn't we make his flippin thing by making characters turn around and trip?

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
What do you have against Lucario?
i <3 lucario as a pokemon but as a character in brawl he sucks i mean he isn't even a legendary or starter i mean making lucario a playable character is like making gardevoir a playable character... but it is WAAAAAAAAYYY too late to complain now so yeah. :laugh:

jalued

Smash Lord
There must be a hitbox if it does damage, but it can have no KB. And you can put some effects to the hitboxes. And I really like the forward B tripping idea. It can be made seeing that Wario's uncharged DownB can trip opponents. Give it some damage, a quick wind down, and it'll be like Ganon's side B
just feels kinda lame for mewtwo, hes the coolest pokemon ever. give him swift for his fthrow, leave his disable and give him either recover or barrier for his downB.

i feel barrier should protect him from all melee attacks and reflect projectiles, not sure how it could be balanced though...

homsar

Smash Ace
Recover is broken for one reason alone; when your opponent dies you would easily have enough time to pull it off with no way for the opponent to stop you. Broken.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Actually Lucario pretty much is a legendary, seeing how you can only get one in-game (excluding breeding) AND he had his own movie. He seems pretty important, don't you think?

jalued

Smash Lord
Recover is broken for one reason alone; when your opponent dies you would easily have enough time to pull it off with no way for the opponent to stop you. Broken.
even if its only 15%?? thats not much lol i mean, would make u go from 110% to 95%, not really gamebreaking. but i guess there would be a fine line between broken and useless :p

wazgood

Smash Ace
even if its only 15%?? thats not much lol i mean, would make u go from 110% to 95%, not really gamebreaking. but i guess there would be a fine line between broken and useless :p
15 is like a smash attack...

i say it should heal very slowly, have at least 1-2 sec of end lag, and you take extra damage if you get hit when you're using it

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
i <3 lucario as a pokemon but as a character in brawl he sucks i mean he isn't even a legendary or starter i mean making lucario a playable character is like making gardevoir a playable character... but it is WAAAAAAAAYYY too late to complain now so yeah. :laugh:
pikachu nor jiggly are starters

homsar

Smash Ace
As was said, 15% is a smash attack. That smash attack at 110 might kill him, but at 95 will keep him around long enough to possible combo the opponent. Every percent can make a difference.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
And that's what makes the move not-pointless. What's the different between that, and Ness recovering 30% from a Samus Charge-Beam? Both require risk.

homsar

Smash Ace
Ness doesn't have any gaurentee of recovering that precent. He has to rely on the fact that his opponent will slip up or is just a bad opponent. With an auto recovery move though mewtwo can auto recover when the opponent is respawning, meaning that there is no risk in that instance. So basically, Ness always has risk and it is never gaurenteed, but if recover was on mewtwo there would be instances of gaurenteed health recovery. How is that not broken?

ketchup799

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1778-9907-5254
i don't think he shoud have a recover. it'd be pretty much useless except after u kill your opponent. i'd rather have a move with more versatility. some form of reflect is a good idea. i never liked mewtwos side B and down B in melee so i would'nt mind if both were replaced with something cooler.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Recover could work like Jigg's rest, except the health Mewtwo would recover isn't recovered until the very end of the move.

Lucario isn't a legendary. He can breed. Legendaries can't breed.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
It proves something. When a legendary tries to have offspring, they can only have some mutated form of themselves, and not recreate themselves. This is why legendaries shouldn't be able to breed.

As for the barrier idea, it could easily work like pit's shield, reflecting attacks and such, but only on one side.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Mewtwo Side-B = Psycho Cut
Steal Marth's Dancing Blade, and add random effects to it...

Just sayin'...

EDIT:: And if Disable is unreplicatable and/or unable to be improved, Recover would be interesting if it had an enormous amount of windup time, like 400+ frames. If I played with any shorter amount of time, I would just hop offstage with my floaty self, use Recover, healing just in time to avoid losing a stock, jumping and Teleporting back over to the stage.

Barrier would work as well, duplicating Wolf's Shine with no damage...

Theorymon ftwtf...

jalued

Smash Lord
Recover could work like Jigg's rest, except the health Mewtwo would recover isn't recovered until the very end of the move.

Lucario isn't a legendary. He can breed. Legendaries can't breed.
yeah that was the idea, maybe make it one of lucarios or whoever is the model's taunt, with the healing process right at the end after maybe 2-3 seconds chargeup

oh and for the reflect idea, how about making it so that it only sheilds the front of him, but reflects back all projectiles (with say a 50% speed increase or something) and defends against melee attacks and doesnt get weaker over time. however u can still get grabbed from it. would make mew2 great against spammers lol

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a barrier burst-esque move as his downB? Have it charge over time, and when used it knocks the opponent away by some set distance. This next part is probably dumb, but make it so that he can use it to interrupt his opponent's combos.

jalued

Smash Lord
Maybe a barrier burst-esque move as his downB? Have it charge over time, and when used it knocks the opponent away by some set distance. This next part is probably dumb, but make it so that he can use it to interrupt his opponent's combos.
omg u just thought of the best idea ever!!!!!

how about making it reflect as before, but only on one side, and over time it charges up. then if u use it to reflect a projectile or melee attack, it would send back/push at gretaer distances

so maybe at 0-30seconds hits back projectiles at 100% their speed/damage/knockback (no change)

at 30s-1min hits back at 120% etc etc

and for melee attacks would push back with a wind effect (getting bigger with time as above)

or even let your % affect the move,like lucario, but only for his reflector

would be horrible to code i imagine...but would be epic!

shouldnt be fsat enough start up to stop combos though, but maybe decent speed and long after lag

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
That would actually be cool to have IMO
Make it so mewtwo could have a techchase, that would be fun
plus the move becomes useful while retaining pretty much the same effect as in melee, it wouldn't be changed too much

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs is the second most popular Pokemon in Japan, after Pikachu. Lucario was popular enough to get a feature movie. Gardevoir has no such claim to fame. Besides, Lucario as a Smash character is awesome.

I like the Swift/Fthrow idea. That's awesome.

Recover as a move is dumb, imo. It would only be able to be used after a KO, and it'd have almost zero versatility and would not make playing as him any more interesting.

Did Disable go through shields? I think that'd be awesome to implement, especially if it had a bit of a wind up. It'd also be cool if there were a few ways to combo into Disable, like Jiggs' Rest.

If we're going to replace Confusion, I think my favorite idea has been the Psycho Cut idea. I can just see Mewtwo doing the weird twirl the pushing his hand towards his opponent while slashes cross the air in front of him. Though, it'd be better if it were useful in the air to set it apart from Dancing Blade.

jalued

Smash Lord
Jiggs is the second most popular Pokemon in Japan, after Pikachu. Lucario was popular enough to get a feature movie. Gardevoir has no such claim to fame. Besides, Lucario as a Smash character is awesome.

I like the Swift/Fthrow idea. That's awesome.

Recover as a move is dumb, imo. It would only be able to be used after a KO, and it'd have almost zero versatility and would not make playing as him any more interesting.

Did Disable go through shields? I think that'd be awesome to implement, especially if it had a bit of a wind up. It'd also be cool if there were a few ways to combo into Disable, like Jiggs' Rest.

If we're going to replace Confusion, I think my favorite idea has been the Psycho Cut idea. I can just see Mewtwo doing the weird twirl the pushing his hand towards his opponent while slashes cross the air in front of him. Though, it'd be better if it were useful in the air to set it apart from Dancing Blade.
yeah the swift idea is nice :)

how about if he has an in air grab? how would the psycho cut work though? hes not a fighting type pokemon, so claw effect would just look strange. can u poss make the slashes purple? not sure how that move would work though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom