• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
He's 269 pounds... you realize that's a lot right? He was like... Zamus light in Melee. <_< I doubt Samus weighs 269 lb's.....

Sheik is not heavy, she is a fastfaller.... Do you really think Zelda/Sheik are 269 lb's?

Seriously, that's like 1/2 the weight of DK. :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone else think there are any moves that could arguably be changed other than Fthrow, Side B, and Down B? @.@

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
He's 269 pounds... you realize that's a lot right? He was like... Zamus light in Melee. <_< I doubt Samus weighs 269 lb's.....

Sheik is not heavy, she is a fastfaller.... Do you really think Zelda/Sheik are 269 lb's?

Seriously, that's like 1/2 the weight of DK. :p
well mewtwo cant be too heavy.

and oops about the weight, lol
10conans

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Just a really quick post.

Is it possible to link a Dsmash to another character's Fsmash?
I mean, neither Lucas' nor ZSS' Dsmash have the hitbox of Mewtwo's (ZSS's might if it doesn't have the stun attribute). Snake's Fsmash, however, looks like it fits the bill.
again, you're confusing attacks with their animations. PSA lets you use the hitboxes from other characters' attacks, not the animation. you could give 'mewtwo' ZSS's dsmash, but it would only be the hitbox. he would not actually move his hand and do the animation.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
when you import a model, you only import the model, right? how are you supposed to custom-make animations?

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Down B had some situational uses. More than Side B, except for that weird thing on Battlefield. Fthrow would be okay imo if it did ~13 or so damage. Not all of his throws need to be extremely useful. Uthrow would awesome with good knockback growth (so you can combo at low percents and kill at higher ones).

The Jab needs to go, though. Or be sped up. Or something.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you're forgetting fthrow had him shoot shadow balls our of his hand. even with a lot of effort, i doubt we could get that even close to how melee worked.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Down B was useful. In Melee. I know it had situational uses, those being short hopping it towards the opponent and having it insta-cancel and using it as an approach. Besides that, it was pretty meh. Peach's Melee Utilt calibur.

But since you can't DJC in Brawl, I don't know if that would still work. Actually, it might, because the same effect happens with all of Ness' B Moves even though DJCing isn't in Brawl. Hmm.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you're forgetting fthrow had him shoot shadow balls our of his hand. even with a lot of effort, i doubt we could get that even close to how melee worked.
I don't think that part would be too hard because it's basically just adding in a hitbox that comes after the throw, which should be do-able because throws can be edited in PSA from what I know.

It'd still be useless because you can DI it so easily, though.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here's what I have to say about the matter (I've read a few posts, but certainly not the 100 replies on this already). Mewtwo doesn't need to have the same moveset as he did in Melee (even if my original post suggests this, I'll change accordingly). Confusion (definitely), forward throw, and disable are open to be tampered from their original moves from Melee. However, I feel we could replicate disable and that no replacement move should be needed for that particular move.

What moves should replace confusion and forward throw? Do you think disable can be replicated?

We need ideas that are well thought out and that seem fairly reasonable to what character he is. I saw ideas of having swift or phybeam. I'll keep those on my checklist.

Also, Lucario seems to be the best character to be based off of. Even though his moveset is nothing like Mewtwo, his bone structure is quite relevant (besides size). What do you think?

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is a go. He just needs to bigger and have a different tail, as far as bone structure goes. Though, I don't know how model hacking works. *shrug*

Anyway, just in case you didn't read some of the previous posts, my favorite suggestion for Confusion is to make it trip, and in the air make it send them into a Pitfall.

And I think disable should stay. It's awesome and humiliating when you get it off.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why would we base anything off lucario? that would lead to a shabby feeling mewtwo. we should just work on importing a custom model.

and i still don't know about disable staying. if you can make it pseudo-djc like it did in melee when you'd automatically start to fall if you used it in the air, that'd be good. otherwise, it's as useless as sing.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
why would we base anything off lucario? that would lead to a shabby feeling mewtwo. we should just work on importing a custom model.

and i still don't know about disable staying. if you can make it pseudo-djc like it did in melee when you'd automatically start to fall if you used it in the air, that'd be good. otherwise, it's as useless as sing.
Sorry for not being clear, Lucario should be used as far as model hacking goes (when we replace one characters model). However, if you have a better character that would fit the job more perfectly, please notion to us.

I can't gurantee that disable can pseudo-double jump cancel, but I'm hoping to make the range Mewtwo can hit with disable larger (so it isn't a poopy move like in your example, sing). Mewtwo might have some moves that are a little situational. Not every move is going to be useful (this is true for just about all characters). I'm not suggesting that disable will be like this, but maybe a couple of moves.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I thought of an interesting idea to replace confusion.

Mirror Coat/Reflect for Down-B- Mewtwo would release a reflector similar to other down-B's that pushes projectiles away, and have a wind that pushes characters away while in use as well. The move would have cooldown afterward so as to keep it from being an nonpunishable way to keep an enemy away from you, and would compliment an edgeguarding game by making him a falling wind box.

Then have disable or its replacement for side-B.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
for the other projects, they had to make separate .gcts for each version (vBrawl/Brawl+)

but this will be a bit different from a .gct :p i assumed it'd work kind of the same though, in respect to the different games

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

Agreed on all accounts.

Hacking Mewtwo onto Lucario will look lazy and down right stupid. You have to wait for custom models for Mewtwo. Basing Mewtwo off Lucario's moveset might work but his model will just lead to a huge letdown to his fans.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Agreed on all accounts.

Hacking Mewtwo onto Lucario will look lazy and down right stupid. You have to wait for custom models for Mewtwo. Basing Mewtwo off Lucario's moveset might work but his model will just lead to a huge letdown to his fans.
Ok, I clearly am not straight on how model replacing works. When you say custom models for Mewtwo, what does that mean exactly? Making a Mewtwo model from scratch to fit more in the game? Sorry for my misunderstanding, I just need someone to help clear this up for me (I probably should've done more research on models before I made this).

timothyung

Smash Ace
What we can do before model importing it possible, is to make the hitboxes with PSA. But because we don't have PSA now, so we'll first find moves with similar hitboxes to that we want. Editing is always easier than creating. For example, we want to make the hitbox for Mewtwo's dsmash. Instead of making it from scratch, grab the scripts from ZSS's dsmash, edit the speed, and change the hitbox effect. Done.
So guys, find moves with similar hitboxes to the one you want for Mewtwo.

The similarity priority should look like this:
Multi-hit/Single hit
Effect

That way, when PSA comes out, we can make as little edits as possible to create the hixboxes of Mewtwo's attacks. I really can't remember Mewtwo's moves, someone please find the hitbox information of Mewtwo's moves.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
His moves from melee:
Ground Attacks
Normal
Standard Attack: Shadow Spark - 6%. Mewtwo reaches its arm out, blasting out a bit of shadow energy.
Standard Combo: Shadow Spark Spray - 6%, then 2% or 1% randomly. Mewtwo blasts out a stream of shadow energy.
Dash Attack: Shadow Shove - 9% when it comes out, 6% during the rest of the attack. Mewtwo holds its arms out while sliding, inflicting damage with shadow energy.
Strong Side: Tail Slap - 10%. Mewtwo flicks its tail forwards. Quick, decent range.
Strong Up: Tail Flip - 5%-10%, depending on where hit. Mewtwo flips upwards, hitting with its tail.
Strong Down: Tail Sweep - 9%. Mewtwo spins around, sweeping its tail down low.
Smash
F-Smash: Shadow Blast - Up to 27% damage. (When Sweet Spotted.) Mewtwo shoves forward, releasing a pulse of shadow. Similar to Mario's Forward Smash in that it is most powerful the farther away the enemy is. Fairly good range and damage.
U-Smash: Galaxy Blast - Up to 20% damage. (If all strikes connect.) Mewtwo holds its palm upwards, releasing a storm of shadow energy that hits multiple times.
D-Smash: Shadow Bomb - Up to 20% damage. Mewtwo hits downwards with shadow energy. Good knockback, though moderate range. Only Down Smash in the game to hit on one side.
Other
Ledge Attack - Mewtwo flips onto the stage, using his tail to attack. 8%.
100% Ledge Attack - Mewtwo telekinetically walks on the side of the stage, then suddenly jumps on the stage and swipes with a claw. 10%.
Floor Attack - Mewtwo telekinetically gets himself up and spins around with his tail extended. 5%-6%, depending on how close the enemy is.
Air Attacks
A: Body Spark: 3-20% damage. (Depends on the number of hits.) Mewtwo releases a long lasting shock out of its body. Good damage if the entire attack hits, good for annoying the opponent.
F-A: Shadow Claw: 14% damage. Mewtwo slashes forward with shadow energy. High vertical knockback, useful for combos, juggling, and KOs, but mediocre range.
U-A: High Tail Flip: 14% damage. (When Sweet Spotted.) Mewtwo flips upwards, hitting with its tail. Good juggling move.
B-A: Tail Flail: 13% damage. (When Sweet Spotted.) Mewtwo hits behind itself with its tail.
D-A: Flip Stomp: 16% damage. (When Sweet Spotted.) Mewtwo flips backwards and hits with its foot downwards. Can Meteor Smash.
Throws
A: Hand Zap: 3% damage. (While holding opponent.) Mewtwo shocks the opponent in its grasp.
F-Throw: Multi Shadow Shot: 9% damage. (Do near a wall or overhang for double damage.) Mewtwo throws its foe diagonally forward and shoots with multiple small Shadow Balls.
B-Throw: Reverse Throw: 11% damage. Mewtwo uses Psychic to throw its enemy backward powerfully. One of the strongest Back Throws.
D-Throw: Tail Smash: 11% damage. (Can hit a nearby foe as well.) Mewtwo throws its enemy down and hits with its tail. Can be used to chaingrab, albeit only on the fastest fallers and the largest characters.
U-Throw: Psychic Whirlwind: 12% damage. Mewtwo uses Psychic to throw its foe upwards, spinning. Strongest Up throw in the game, one of Mewtwo's better kill moves.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Thank you, but that's not what I want. I want something like this:

That would really help in choosing similar moves, and to recreate the hitboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom