• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i'm really liking din's as mentioned earlier, starting out big (possibly bigger than din's) and getting smaller as it goes on. What i'd especially love is if this went slowly at first and gained both velocity and power at an exponential rate. so, basically, if used offstage, at some point the attack would be moving incredibly fast (hard to control), the hitbox would become dangerously small, and it could kill at lower percents in a great player's hands after some heavy prediction. of course, usually, the player wouldn't go for such a far fetched tactic, aiming usually to either screw up approaches with big hitbox (and low stun/dmg) or somethin.

this messes with shadow ball's purpose, so, generally, M2'd use both tools, shadow ball for reliability horizontally and better speed in short gaps, and 'Psychic' for slight vertical inclination, defensive tactics, and the rarely seen kill.

then again...i like this 'psywave' and 'barrier' stuff too (like isaac's?) but it seems so much...less interesting. barrier seems like it's got lots of strange potential though.

V-K

Smash Ace
Lol that's what I think Mewtwo's Final Smash should look like.

A barrier move could also be very useful competitively. You could make it somewhat like Wolf's down B, only change the graphics slightly to look more orb like, deals no damage, but can knock the opponent away far but can't be held down. It would make it useful as a spacing tool (And still maybe reflect projectiles that can harm people XD).
I thought about an sphere that is similar to Fox´s reflector. Stun effect would be also awesome.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well, we're not getting Mewtwo unless we have model and animation hacks anyway. I don't know about you, but I'm not settling for some Lucario texture hack.
True, so in the end we'd just adopt Wolf's fair into Mewtwo's skeleton for him to do it anyway...

which is why I'm kinda confused as to why you think the whole discussion is stupid if that's what we have to end up doing anyway. =V

bobson

Smash Lord
True, so in the end we'd just adopt Wolf's fair into Mewtwo's skeleton for him to do it anyway...

which is why I'm kinda confused as to why you think the whole discussion is stupid if that's what we have to end up doing anyway. =V
We'd just be recreating the moves exactly as they were in Melee, wouldn't we? So it's pointless to point out which characters have "similar-looking" moves if we're just redesigning the moveset entirely anyway.

5ive

Smash Champion
OMG, Mewtwo Returns has one of the most heartwarming, loving, tear jerking, emotional, and miraculous scenes I have ever witnessed. Mewtwo is one selfless Pokemon. :'( I miss Pokemon D:

I recommend all of you to watch it. It makes me love Mewtwo even more. Such an inspirational movie.

Mewtwo said:
We were not born as they were,
We are not of this world,
We do not belong in it
What a deep mother ****er LOL.

Let's make Mewtwo as deep in Brawl+ as he was deep in the movie. *stops crying*

/endinspirationalmovierant

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
i miss old school pokemon as well, the new show is just a hot steamy pile of ****. ahh first and second gen pokemon shows(and movies off course). how much i miss u. that was my life and blood(and still is) way back in the day. the fact that other people still remember them makes me cry tears of joy.
sob*

on the topic of mewtwo though, would it be possible to make his airdodge like in melee's where he just disappears then reappears?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i love this idea and imma be helping out once Project SA is released, but before we know what Project SA can really do we should hold off on discussion like what his new moves will be.

what moves we're gonna change is what we should be talking about for now. right now, the 3 moves that need to be changed are:

Fthrow
Down B
Side B

anything else can stay the same

i'm pretty good with mewtwo in melee (lol like, for real) so I can probably help you guys out here.

what we really need is Taj :p

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
My thoughts:

Code:
Uair- Diddy Kong's Uair
Nair- Zelda's Nair
Fair- Wolf's Fair
Bair- Yoshi's Bair
Dair- Lucas's Bair

A- Zelda's A
AAA- Lucas's F-tilt sped up at going through the different angles

F-tilt- Yoshi's F-tilt
U-tilt- Fox's U-smash
D-tilt- Lucas's D-tilt (hitbox moved to tail)

F-smash- Lucario's F-smash
U-smash- Marth's U-smash or that one taunt
D-smash- Zamus's D-smash

Shadow Ball- Aura Sphere
Teleport- Faerore's Wind
Confusion- Falcon's grab animation
Disable- Metaknight's sidestep

Grab- Zelda's Jab
Hold- Lucario's Hold
Pummel- Lucario's Pummel

[COLOR="Red"]F-throw- Zelda's F-throw[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]D-throw- Lucas's D-throw[/COLOR]
U-throw- Lucas's U-throw
B-throw- Ness's B-throw

Ledge attack- Pikachu's ledge attack
(100%)- Link's ledge attack, slowed down
Red denotes moves that are changed from Melee

I had ideas for disable and confusion to work better (and have their names inverted) but I have forgotten them.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
see, that list above is useless

why would you make a list like that when you don't even know what project SA can really do...

why would you want to have mewtwo be a weird chimeric mix of all the other characters when we should theoretically be able to just create his moves from the ground up?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well, in that very case, I'd be glad to help brainstorm ideas for the moves needed.

I say F-throw should be a single, forceful push away from Mewtwo, and that D-throw should set the enemy on the ground as Snake and Game and Watch's do.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
why would you want to have mewtwo be a weird chimeric mix of all the other characters when we should theoretically be able to just create his moves from the ground up?
Exactly. People need to stop saying "give Mewtwo xxxx's aerial and yyyy's tilt..." and think of what the move itself should be. Then you can figure out how to animate it after you have a general idea.

Also, I sort of like the idea of "Thunder Wave" as a down special, although I also like the idea of making it stun like a Deku nut.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
once again, that shouldn't be something we should talk about

we don't even know if any of that stuff is possible now. it seems like it should be easy in theory but until the application comes out you shouldn't talk about stuff that we don't know if we can do.

MOVES WE SHOULD CHANGE:
Side B
Down B
Fthrow

Thats what we need to talk about. Moves we should change. Not what we should change them to.

Are there any moves that would either be a pain in the *** to put in for not much reward/useless moves that should be taken out/moves that wouldn't fit into Brawl too well?

C.box

Smash Journeyman
Fair: Wolf
Bair: Yoshi
Dair: Zelda
Uair: falcon or zss

F-smash: Lucario or zelda
U-smash: Lucario
D-smash: Lucas

B: Lucario (duh)
Side-B: trips (some diddy banana properties?)
Up-B: Zelda
Down-B: Shortened sing

Jab: lucario
Ftilt: charizard
Utilt: marth
Dtilt: fox
Dash: Zelda

B-throw: Ness
F-throw: ness (w.e)
U-throw: Ness
D-throw: mario or luigi's

New list with some changes.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
C. box, you really don't get it. Re-read my third post in this topic; that was aimed at you more than anyone else.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh, guys, sideB should be just Lucario's sideB animation with a wind hitbox that blows the foe backwards, and call it psychic ;B

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe anyone has answered my question. Would this result in a certain character NOT being playable in Brawl (what with being replaced by Mewtwo)?

bobson

Smash Lord
Stop ******* about with changing random moves; the main reason I'm suggesting Confusion should be changed is because its mechanics will make it very difficult to implement.

Remember, moves that sucked in Melee can easily be buffed slightly while still retaining their mechanics. Fthrow could kill, jab could be faster, Disable could grant a free hit. There's no need to replace anything unless it's impossible or very hard to reimplement (like Confusion).

The real brainstorming we need to do is for his final smash.

I don't believe anyone has answered my question. Would this result in a certain character NOT being playable in Brawl (what with being replaced by Mewtwo)?
No.

Although frankly I wouldn't mind if we got rid of Lucario anyway.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well, it should be like a wind effect, but it should also catch them like Sheik's up b wind does. Like it should push them, but then catch them again. I think that would work pretty well...but I don't think the "flipping" animation is really possible.

..Unless you can somehow manage to place the "tumble" animation on this move.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well, it should be like a wind effect, but it should also catch them like Sheik's up b wind does. Like it should push them, but then catch them again. I think that would work pretty well...but I don't think the "flipping" animation is really possible.

..Unless you can somehow manage to place the "tumble" animation on this move.
close. make the person enter their aerial footstool animation.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yeah, I was thinking about the footstool animation as well, but wouldn't that be even harder to do than to make them go into their tumble animation?

Also with foostool animation Confusing Bowser would be lolz

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was thinking about the footstool animation as well, but wouldn't that be even harder to do than to make them go into their tumble animation?

Also with foostool animation Confusing Bowser would be lolz
footstool would look more accurate to the 'flip' than putting them in freefall. plus, freefall may wind up killing off the side.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
bobson, there are many characters that got some moves changed from Melee to Brawl (Peach's Utilt being the first thing that comes to mind). We have the creative liberty to change Mewtwo around as much as we want, there's no reason why we can't just give Mewtwo a new Side B, Down B, and Fthrow instead of "buffing them" to make them useful.

Moves like Down B and Fthrow basically have to be **** moves or broken moves, because of how they work. Fthrow will always be too easy to DI out of how it is now, but if you made it un-DIable it'd be ********. Also, Down B will always be too useless to get a good hit out of it, or if you increase stun time it'll be too good for such a low risk. It's just how the moves work at their core, and changing them would be for the better.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I liked the tripping idea for confusion. It suits the move well. And in the air, it could have a Pitfall-like effect, which would be more useful.

EDIT: Changing a large amount of Mewtwo's moves defeats the purpose and spirit of bringing him back. Changing one or two is all fine and dandy, but a substantial amount changing would be ********.

Also, the Wind effect for Confusion/Psychic could be cool for edge guarding. There's not currently a move like that either.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i should also point this out...

you guys intend on making a new model to use, right? then why base the attacks off of pre-existing character animations that are vaguely similar at best. you can make you're own animations for attacks. so, instead of making a list of attacks based off of brawl characters' moves, just base them off of mewtwo. you're going to have to reanimate him anyway.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Another thing. Make Mewtwo heavy. He's 269 lbs. He should be heavy and floaty, a la Samus. Not the light mofo he was in Melee. I don't care if it's more faithful to Melee, that crap was ********.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
mewtwo is ****ing terrible in Melee mainly because he's bigger then Bowser but dies the same time as Ness. Actually, it might be before Ness. I'm not sure.

It's ******** though. Make him like ROB, floaty but heavy.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Just a really quick post.

Is it possible to link a Dsmash to another character's Fsmash?
I mean, neither Lucas' nor ZSS' Dsmash have the hitbox of Mewtwo's (ZSS's might if it doesn't have the stun attribute). Snake's Fsmash, however, looks like it fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom