• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I feel it should stay true to Melee where the best you could hope for is an uncharged fsmash/dsmash but at best (realisticly) you should only be getting a tilt or jab.

Also buff/nerf would be a public thing, like most other model. If people see a problem the person in charge of the editing would think of a way to fix the buff/holdback.

I agree with a proper consensus or vote to determine HRHR/MRMR/LRLR.

Also buff/nerf would be a public thing, like most other model. If people see a problem the person in charge of the editing would think of a way to fix the buff/holdback.

I agree with a proper consensus or vote to determine HRHR/MRMR/LRLR.

That's sort of what I meant lol.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
DDD is like 490 pounds.... lol

When I get home and can look at gravity/weight I'll try to brainstorm a few that'd work. I think he should be really close to Samus, maybe just slightly lighter (assumption that her power suit is heavy, if anyone can link me to that information being false we can have him be slightly heavier then Samus)

I feel having him close to Samus's weight and gravity would be best.

If you can predict or read their tech, you should be able to dash and use Confusion again to get them with it. Also depending on characters (their roll distances being the main one) you may be able to predict a roll behind you to fsmash or something.

Disable: Making it slow takes away a large amount of the move. IMO it should work more like Melee. Where you can hope to get a grab, jab, ftilt, dtilt, utilt but not really a smash unless your opponent doesn't mash. (EG: medium risk, "small" but useful reward)

EDIT:
I seriously spelled "false" as "falce"
DDD is that heavy? oops sorry, I don't know brawl weights like I do Melee weights.
I meant more like a mid-heavy. So Samus will probably work.

I'm also going to guess we are going to greatly reduce start and end lag on confusion? because M2 really isn't fast enough to tech chase with confusion in its Melee state.

Disable wasn't really all that useful in Melee. A few of the higher ups (Taj,Iori) used short-hop disable, but that really only caught them by surprise. We need to change disable up from Melee if we want it to be useful, more range maybe. But as I said again, right now, its like Ganon's Murder choke. If the opponent is stupid enough to get hit by it, they deserved to get hit by something good, not just a tilt. getting a Grab is fine though. but as of right now, its high risk medium reward.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If you guy's don't mind. I'd like to be placed in charge of weight/gravity... I can compare him to everyone elses weight/gravity (along with getting actual data from other sources to help me find the perfect balance) and when he's release we can always adjust it.

>_> I think someone posted all the different comparisons to other melee characters back a few pages. But yea. Go for it! I'll be too busy making this move shizzle work to do attributes.

Speaking of moves:

Phantom Wings; Talking about Teleport;8042431 said:
And hence the entire reason I wanted to release this alongside Pharrox' program. This can't be done without custom animations. Don't blame me - it was you guys who wanted it out early.
=[ Teleport in its entirety is unable to be made until we're doing custom model work. Until then, I'll make what modifications I can.
Weee~

Also, guys, we're starting with Melee Mewtwo as the base, and we're going to balance him from there. In otherwords, we will probably buff his movement speed and other things that were troublesome.
-DD

SuSa

I'm not comparing it to Melee.... <_< Brawl and Melee are two seperate things and I'll be taking Mewtwo's weight and find several variations that I feel would suit him for Brawl. (Of course this can change depending how buffed/nerfed he is so I'll make several versions of every combination so we can try multiples... slight variations of light+floaty, medium+floaty, heavy+floaty

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm not comparing it to Melee.... <_< Brawl and Melee are two seperate things and I'll be taking Mewtwo's weight and find several variations that I feel would suit him for Brawl. (Of course this can change depending how buffed/nerfed he is so I'll make several versions of every combination so we can try multiples... slight variations of light+floaty, medium+floaty, heavy+floaty
>_> Well, as far as vBrawl was concerned, I always felt that if Mewtwo was just copy/pasted into Brawl, he'd be pretty good...since everyone lives forever and all that silliness. But yea, you should probably do this!

Also! I think I just made a breakthrough with teleport, using Lucario's Double Team...its tinker time!
-DD

SuSa

I feel slight changes from Melee to Brawl and he'd be great.

I have to look for custom grav./weight since this is Brawl+ -_- hehe.... forgot about that....

I'll work it out though. =]

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, I got Teleport half-working.

As in, I just got DT to launch without the hit to start it....now all I need to do is pin down what says he gets sent where, and look at MK or Sheik as to what to modify so we can control where he goes.

I'm also going to see if I can add some sort of warpy effect thing to the animation....after I get a working move. x_x;;

I also got it to launch really fast. So that's cool!

-DD

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I have a request of DD.

Is there any way you can use Lucario's swivel, from his DT start-up on the Tele start up, as to increase the ability to mindgame.

Also, can you find a way to allow him to perform Teleport Cancel?

Just throwin' out ideas.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have a request of DD.

Is there any way you can use Lucario's swivel, from his DT start-up on the Tele start up, as to increase the ability to mindgame.

Also, can you find a way to allow him to perform Teleport Cancel?

Just throwin' out ideas.
Uhh....Swivel? You mean the split before he poofs? I'm stuck using that right now, so yes.

As for Teleport Cancel...once I get the actual invisible travel pinned down...I could add in a clause for it...but I don't see how that would be useful...because its pretty quick already...but we'll see.

I think after this I'm going to take the easy job of trying to work Shadow Ball into a SIN motion.
-DD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
good **** guys, **** is finally getting done. <333
also, there are Lucario effects to make his Aura Sphere look almost the same as Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. idk if that helps any.

also up-b cancel wouldn't be very useful. it's really useless for Doc in Melee lol.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
As for Teleport Cancel...once I get the actual invisible travel pinned down...I could add in a clause for it...but I don't see how that would be useful...because its pretty quick already...but we'll see.
Well, he would be allowed to perform fast aerials, similar to Pikachu Anther, and his mobility/agility would benefit greatly.

By how much I wouldn't know.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
what
djc aerials are already really fast
While I'm almost positive we can add DJC, its not something that is automatically included...so yea...I'll throw that on the "to-do" list.

Aw shucks. I might as well make an entirely new topic.
-DD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, probably, this thread is really cluttered and up until recently had no really constructive posts/people actually WORKING on this rofl.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
If you'd like, I'd be willing to CLR0 hack an aurasphere possibly to make it purple/black.
Black would be easier, idk if making it all black would make the fire all black or if it could be blackish with purple firish suff to look like mewtwo's aura.

SuSa

While I'm almost positive we can add DJC, its not something that is automatically included...so yea...I'll throw that on the "to-do" list.

Aw shucks. I might as well make an entirely new topic.
-DD
I'm not sure about fall velocity, but I'm fairly certain we'd be able to add DJC aerials....

And yah, you should just make a topic and keep it organized + who's working on it with you. :x

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
omgod i love you guys! Sounds like m2 gettin some serious progress ;). Sorry i don't mean to hold you back, but i was wondering if it was possible to do animation swaps/copies? Like swap lucario's b-air to f-air and you somewhat have a shadowclaw (wait he turns around huh...). Or maybe use his down-b animation for his n-air :p. You know, that sorda stuff

SuSa

Wolf's fair IMO would make the closest thing to shadowclaw, even in animation. Just change the hitbox, effects, and probably bone ID and we're ok.

I need to get in further contact with DD to help with stuff.

Mewter

Smash Master
Just as an alt color idea, you should add an orange Mewtwo with a yellow stomach.
That'd be pretty cool.
Oops. I didn't notice the NEW topic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom