1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Order the Smash Amazon Bundle for $99 right now! It includes a copy of Super Smash Brothers Wii U, an adaptor, and a official Nintendo Smash controller! You know your going to order all these things anyways, do it now on Amazon, save money, and help support Smashboards with the referral!

4. Attending a GameStop qualifier on the 4th? Post in the Nintendo National Open forum so you can meet other Smashers! Contribute to the discussion and post today!

Nintendo National Open Tournament Forum

5. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Project M 3.0 Released! (Changelog in post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Project M, Dec 9, 2013.

1. The Depths

The Depths Smash Rookie

Maybe its just because I played melee before PM, but I really don't feel this is a "big deal" in any way. I can do it 100% of the time in any version of PM without playing bowser myself, but once again maybe just because I played melee. Either way the tech skill requirement to do this is still almost identical and pretty much minimal, its just a timing. All I think they were trying to do was make it feel more melee-esque >_>
  2. Bent 00

Bent 00 Smash Apprentice

I tried comparing the codelists of Project M 2.6b (Full) and Project M 2.6b (WiFi Safe) to see if I could spot the codes for Stock Control and Input Assist. Not being a coder, I could not...

But in case a coder wants a quick look, here's a snippet of code from the Full Set, beginning with the "Ignore Handicap" code, and ending with some code that looks similar to the "Buffer scale = Handicap scale" code:

I estimate that's not even half of the codeset... But maybe the Stock Control and Input Assist codes are in there somewhere?

Here's the bit of code that looks similar to the "Buffer scale = Handicap scale" code:

C285B784 00000004
    3C609017 6063F36C
    88630000 2C030001
    38600000 40820008
    38600003 00000000
    4A000000 90000000
    1619E5A0 00000070
    00000002 9019E5A8
    02010300 9019E798
    02040400 80FAC13C
    02040400 80FB0864
    02040200 9019E500
    02010300 9019E7B0

For reference, here's the "Buffer scale = Handicap scale" code:

3. billywill

billywill Smash Journeyman

Everyone is too busy playing
    Kaye Cruiser and Johnknight1 like this.
  4. standardtoaster

standardtoaster Sakura Bison

• Premium
    • Project M Dev Team
    Bent 00, we will be pushing out a fix for the wifi version very soon.
  5. Bent 00

Bent 00 Smash Apprentice

Great, thank you for letting me know!
  6. The21stSmasher

The21stSmasher Smash Journeyman

3DS FC:
    0774-4449-2370
    NNID:
    xXThe21stGamerXx
    Oh yeah! Things are about to get down!
  7. MVP

MVP Smash Ace

is there a quote "change log" for samus? i wanna know the data for her ice effects
  8. KoRoBeNiKi

KoRoBeNiKi Smash Hero

Northern NJ, 15 minutes from the GW or Manhattan
    Samus is soo much fun
    MVP likes this.
  9. yoonb

yoonb Smash Journeyman

I've been refreshing the main site for about twenty minutes now trying to download it; Thank goodness the link is here. So hyped to play.
  10. Little Nemo

Little Nemo The Dream Master

• Premium
    NNID:
    LockableFaceman
    Buffs heavy characters. They can't die off the top as easily. So it's a double-edged sword.
  11. Gigaknight

Gigaknight Smash Rookie

- Computer players no longer have a preference for ganging up on human players

This made the update, for me. I just downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet--better believe I'm looking forward to it, though.

Feels like I'll be able to get back to being the Smash fiend I've been since '99. PM Team, you have my sincere gratitude for your hard work.
  12. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Know how you schill witrh da bronies SB. Awyiss

• Premium
    • Back Roomer

We do not do changelogs for new characters. It'd be an absurdly long list and an entirely unreasonable undertaking. Sorry.
  13. Afrodude

Afrodude Smash Lord

3DS FC:
    3411-0266-8945
    I got it working. Holy **** Samus was definitely worth the wait.
  14. Bent 00

Bent 00 Smash Apprentice

So, did anyone have anything to say about my post regarding Snake's Tranq Gun and taunts?

I highlighted my opinions below - just curious to see if anyone else agrees:

210stuna likes this.
  15. mYzeALot

mYzeALot Smash Journeyman

How do you reload snake's gun prematurley at all?
  16. Bent 00

Bent 00 Smash Apprentice

From page one:

- Tranquilizer gun has a 3 dart clip that can be reloaded prematurely by holding shield within six frames starting side B
    mYzeALot likes this.
  17. Szion

Szion Smash Apprentice

That hang time on lucario's down B was too much. I know they wanted to nerf the comboing but the usability went down too. This double team seems just right.. Also. Roy. Never played roy before, but I played FE6 so im very much happy to pick him up now...You've done an amazing thing, PMBR.
    btw, anyone that isnt thanking you, is too busy playing. thank yew on their behalf owo/
  18. Hot_ArmS

Hot_ArmS Smash Hero

I thought they buffed lucario
  19. The Depths

The Depths Smash Rookie

I'm definitely a fan of lucario starting with an aura charge now lol. Good stuff
  20. Hylian

Hylian Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery

• Administrator
    • Premium
    • Back Roomer

That's what he said...
  21. Sonallvegqu

Sonallvegqu Smash Rookie

They didn't change Peach's ridiculously stupid damage of her down smash. Lame!

And I found Yoshi's overall gameplay to be really aggressively strong as his attacks can link together. Some of his attacks needs to be nerf on knockback power like his N-air and he should also get back his Egg Toss recovery tool back from Brawl.
  22. PGM87

PGM87 Smash Rookie

Hey all! Maybe someone can help me out here. I downloaded Project M 3.0 last night, everything seemed to be working fine, until I selected a stage and then the stage never loaded at all. I even reset the game multiple times and tried picking a different stage, and still nothing. It just stays at the stage selection screen, with the "Get Ready" prompt.

Has this happened to anyone else? any advice or fix for this?
  23. Bent 00

Bent 00 Smash Apprentice

I have some questions for the maker of Snake's cigarette taunt:

Is is self-contained, or is it only possible because of Snake's RPG and Nikita being removed? Eternal Yoshi once told me that for a visible cigarette item, one of Snake's other articles must be sacrificed. I'm guessing that the following happened...

Nikita Launcher turned into Tranquilizer Gun and Dart / Empty Clip
    Nikita Missile turned into Cigarette
    RPG turned into Combat Knife

Am I guessing somewhat correctly? Can you add articles now?

I'd like to port the cigarette taunt over to Brawl- for my setup (Snake's still stuck with 3 box taunts in Minus), but I figure I should ask about it first.
  24. shadowXtreme

shadowXtreme Smash Cadet

have you ever played a Metal Gear Solid Game?,. I dont think so

Snake rarely uses missiles on his game
    Snake signature weapons are his knife and his gun (like tranquilizer),
    I personally think that adding a gun to snake, makes him more ¨Snake¨,
    he NEEDED A GUN, HE IS SNAKE!, DAMN IT!
  25. shadowXtreme

shadowXtreme Smash Cadet

and you want blood when characters gets hit by bullets too?, a Real Gun, and I mean, with real bullets, no tranquilizer ones, is not a good choice for a NIIINTENNNDOO SMASH BROS game, I personally think that a tranquilizer is the best and funniest choice for a side B, and that side B uses gets Better on team battles *_*
  26. TheReflexWonder

TheReflexWonder Non sequitur

• Super Moderator
    • Project M Dev Team
    NNID:
    TheReflexWonder
    A missile launcher is integral to beating Snake's Revenge on the NES, as well as for dealing with a number of Metal Gears throughout the series. Not sure if your argument is entirely fair to say.

That said, if you're talking about what fits best, you should be complaining about his Up-B. Nobody in the entire series ever rides a Cypher camera, it only appears in MGS2 (which Snake didn't even really feature in except for the very beginning, where Cyphers weren't around), and it's never had an electric effect like that.
  27. shadowXtreme

shadowXtreme Smash Cadet

he NEEDED a gun, and his knife, he is fightning people size creatures and humans, not metal gears
    plus, have you ever played MGS1 for ps1 and the Twin Snakes for Gamecube, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4?, because I had,..
    and if you did, then you should know that snake mostly uses a handgun and and his knife
    I dont care about that cypher camera, It could be broken, thats why It has a electric effect! lol,

Me and my friends (MGS fan people also) got annoyed when we saw snake in brawl without being able to use a handgun,
    we just thought : he is not snake.., -_-
  28. TheReflexWonder

TheReflexWonder Non sequitur

• Super Moderator
    • Project M Dev Team
    NNID:
    TheReflexWonder
    He didn't need a gun. You don't start with one in Metal Gear. CQC is most important in such a scenario for obvious reasons. Call it what you want, but the ideal situation has it so that he doesn't use weapons unless he absolutely has to.
  29. -Chad-

-Chad- Slackerator

30. j00t

j00t Smash Champion

Jesus Christ LOL
  31. teluoborg

teluoborg Smash Champion

I'm failing terribly with Mewtwo but I love it. A lot.

A question though : why is Mewtwo the only character that can't choose if he wants to DJC his aerials or not ? The earthies can, Yoshi can, but not M2 ? Or maybe am I not doing it right ?
  32. Famardy

Famardy Smash Rookie

NNID:
    AxeBomber
    Why the hell did you've guys changed Pit's moves? I mean what is wrong with the moves he had in the original Brawl?
  33. Bent 00

Bent 00 Smash Apprentice

Personally, I think the Tranquilizer Gun is an upgrade from the vBrawl Nikita. I'd just like to see the holster go empty when it's pulled, maybe have the silencer visible when holstered, and have Snake not say "hu" after every shot.

Excellent job on Project M Snake. :)
  34. shadowXtreme

shadowXtreme Smash Cadet

Well, and in Brawl, when he really needs to use a weapon, he uses the powerful nikita missile launcher!!!!! D:
    I like the tranquilizer handgun lol, besides, snake already have too many explosive weapons on his moveset -_-
  35. Pseudomaniac

Pseudomaniac Smash Journeyman

I never used the Nikita so I'm not too devastated. Overall, I say kudos to the P:M team for the amazing job they did with the new characters, stages, and AI. I couldn't have ever done half as well (mostly because I have absolutely no programming experience, but still)
  36. Famardy

Famardy Smash Rookie

NNID:
    AxeBomber
    How come Kirby copies Mewtwo's Disable rather than Shadow Ball?
  37. Shadic

Shadic Alakadoof?

• Project M Dev Team
    NNID:
    Shadoof
    Technical limitations.
    Lunchables and ItsRainingGravy like this.
  38. The21stSmasher

The21stSmasher Smash Journeyman

3DS FC:
    0774-4449-2370
    NNID:
    xXThe21stGamerXx
    So, Giga Bowser is playable by holding down the R button... interesting. Does this mean that Giga Bowser is gonna be banned from future tournaments no questions asked? Even though his crazy super-armor is gone?
  39. cmart

cmart Smash Lord

• Project M Dev Team
    That's of course up to TOs, but I would think hard about entering a tournament where Giga Bowser was legal.
    trojanpooh and ItsRainingGravy like this.
  40. kesterstudios

kesterstudios Smash Apprentice

3DS FC:
    2552-0550-3501
    its because peachs air speed in brawl which is kept the same speed in PM is slower than melee. its not a huge problem and it kinda balance things out.