• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Released! (Changelog in post)

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
That's of course up to TOs, but I would think hard about entering a tournament where Giga Bowser was legal.
True! He looks balanced and fair, but his moves are kinda too powerful, to me that is. Then again, ANYBODY fighting Giga Bowser haves a very good chance of winning, because of his size (And REALLY BIG). Like back in Melee, I took him out no problem, because of that advantage. If I can defeat him, anyone can, even the tournament players.

But once again, your right. It does take long and hard thinking. Especially thinking about someone strong as Giga Bowser!

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Could I make an appeal to change how grabbing items works? In Melee you had to push A to grab an item. In PM you can grab them with air dodges, which means you can pick them up with a wavedash. At first I thought this was really cool, but I keep finding myself in situations where I'm grabbing items I didn't want to. It's not possible to wavedash without picking up an item (if you're right next to it). It would be great to have the option of wavedashing by an item without picking it up.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I think I read somewhere that the PMBR is working on a fix to let use SDHC cards without using Riivolution... Is this true or did I just make that up? And should we expect this anytime soon? I can't even play 3.0 yet so I'm holding off on buying a 2gb SD card.

cmart

Smash Lord
I think I read somewhere that the PMBR is working on a fix to let use SDHC cards without using Riivolution... Is this true or did I just make that up? And should we expect this anytime soon? I can't even play 3.0 yet so I'm holding off on buying a 2gb SD card.
This is true. We're trying to get it finished and out to you ASAP

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
This is true. We're trying to get it finished and out to you ASAP
Yes! I have only 1 sd card that works for brawl so I keep having to switch between this and minus,it is so annoying.I have 2 4gb cards so this will help a lot.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
(Come on, Buffer fix for WiFi set...)

Does anyone here use Stock Control frequently? Would you find Handicap = Buffer Scale to be more useful?

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
PM 3.0 is a masterpiece! Thank you guys!

One issue though: I don't understand why GAW's superfood was removed. It wasn't unbalanced in any way; at the most, the frequency could have been reduced so that it functioned more like Peach's stitchface/bo-omb. Especially considering how slow his fall is compared to say falco's SHL it makes his projectiles a lot more situational

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
A few thoughts:

- What's the use of the instant momentum change when reversing an aerial Falcon Punch? I'd prefer not having it, personally.
- When I try to do a short hopped dair by pressing up on the control stick and then down on the c stick, it fails 90% of the time, immediately executing (wasting) my second jump instead. Surely this isn't intentional? What would be the use?
- Falcon's side B sure is short, and it even puts him into special fall... It's not much better than it was in Melee.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I got out of this update was for the casual players. Sure costumes are cool I guess... but none of the top nor mid tiers really got anything better. Now that wizards foot is reversable... I feel my self going the wrong way at times lol. But I got to say for all they hype of the 3.0... I was very dissapointed. Characters lije diddy, bowser, link, lucario.... was there main focus. Spacies didnt change really. Just stage choices... I would sacrifice costumes over gameplay. Matter of fact most of the characters they worked on arnt tournament level. Im sure im not the only one ulset about all of this. I thought to myself... what a joke bro. This is what I get? A reversable wizard foot that does like a percent more... and a quicker up b? And screw the "polished moves" doesnt change anything except appearence hence the costumes garb. Enough of the visual stuff. Increase gameplay.. and for the characters who actually matter. Not freaking bowser or diddy. I know theres few bowser players... but theres few diddys. Ugh rage mode guys.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So... You're upset that we didn't buff a bunch of characters that don't need anything, and instead gave you Roy, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Yoshi, and Olimar..?

And Samus. And cool costumes for a bunch of characters. And improved Melee shields, and better landing detection, and the ability to replace SFX.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Dude idc about sfx lmao. What does that have to do with anything gameplay wise? More visual crap. And characters that dont need them???? Wtf... and u guys didnt specify sheild changes and labding detection in the release so good job on that dorks.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Dude idc about sfx lmao. What does that have to do with anything gameplay wise? More visual crap. And characters that dont need them???? Wtf... and u guys didnt specify sheild changes and labding detection in the release so good job on that dorks.
Dorks? What is this, a 90's Nickelodeon sitcom?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
What do you want from us, specifically?

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i dont think top tiers need anything better, because theyre already top tiers. do you want fox up smash to kill at 60%?
mid tiers i can understand like changing ganons crap neutral b into something anything viable in competitive play.
maybe they want to get make every character good? whaddaya mean by characters that actually matter? this aint melee where youre forced to pick one of 7/8 characters out of a 20+ roster to win a tournament

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Wtf... and u guys didnt specify sheild changes and labding detection in the release so good job on that dorks.

Yes we did

General Character, Gameplay Mechanics, and Additions

- Shield Pushback and Health now match Melee. Some moves with shield damage from before compensated appropriately
- Fixed a bug related to Stage Collision Detection (landing detection) that caused characters to lose height while in certain animations

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
I understand guys. I do. But I as of everyone would appreciate the so called melee sheild improvements... the better landing detection and whatever else u guys improved to be posted, instead of us figuring it out when most of the changes are hard to tell. I would of liked more gameplay elements instead of visual nonsense is what im sayin. Its project melee... correct? So keep it competitive. I take donkey kong wearing boxing gloves an insult to the game. Its a serious game right? ... sigh.. I doblike some of the changes dont get me wrong.. but I feel for the hype of this whole thing... didnt make sense. Some of the changes were weird and didnt make sense. I resoect u guys I do. Guess ill just be the spoiled brat like may others cause its not just me I promise. U guys are making the right moves.. just compared to other changelists. I dont understand y ivysaur has the longest change it was depressing to see a whole page worth on him and 1 minor thing on others

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're missing the point: We DID put the changes in the changelist. Please don't blame us for you not reading.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Melee was just as much a casual game as it was competitive. If we want new competitive players we need to sucker them in with casual stuff before converting them. It's common sense. What did you expect? The engine is already nearly perfect and they've been balancing these characters for years. It isn't going to be mindblowingly new every time they change anything, especially as time goes on.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Lets make final destination the only stage and if you turn items on the game crashes.

Also remove all the low tiers from the selection screen.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
You're upset because you have to wait for a metagame to develop before the PMBR makes any more balance changes to the rest of the cast, excluding the seven new characters which do FAR MORE than minor buffs or nerfs?

Okay then.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Have anyone tried to cancel Kirby's up-b > hold joystick forward?
It's doesn't work for me. (Maybe doing it wrong)

Overall, the game is so freaking fun to play!

:pow:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can only do the forward-moving one in the air, and you have to keep holding B until the attack comes out.

If you're talking about canceling that attack halfway through, it's not a thing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
(Come on, Buffer fix for WiFi set...)

Does anyone here use Stock Control frequently? Would you find Handicap = Buffer Scale to be more useful?
Not to be rude or anything, but complaining about it over and over again isn't going to make it come any faster. We're working on fixing it and will have it up as soon as we can. Be patient.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Not to be rude or anything, but complaining about it over and over again isn't going to make it come any faster. We're working on fixing it and will have it up as soon as we can. Be patient.
Why are you posting here? Shouldn't you be working on fixing your crap product for the over entitled masses? Come on, man, get your **** together.

;)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
shwickid222, I have no idea what to say to you except shake my head in disgust.

Gameplay is not the only thing that matters when creating a game and many of the nods to aspects of the characters in their alternate costumes are very much appreciated. My jaw dropped when I saw the Champion DK from Punch-Out!! If I could find a CSP with him in a boxing stance, I'd be even happier.

From what I've seen, many of the characters that felt kind of eh in 2.6b feel far more fluid and capable now. Sonic feels even more like a spinning speed ball of death and Squirtle, I don't know exactly what you guys did to Squirtle, but I'm loving him like when I first picked him up in 2.5.

Giving creative nods to the character's franchise or aspects of it is what a true sequel to a Nintendo franchise based around fan service should be doing and the PMBR are on the right track with their Alt Costumes. Classic Pikachu's party hat, Pokemon TCG's Pikachu Pirate, the abomination that is the Virtual Boy, and even nods to more recent games like Super Mario 3D Land/World with Fire Peach. Keep up the amazing work and don't think anything of the people that seem to look at your work with tunnel vision.

Pluto.19

Smash Rookie
Aye, just wanted to send some love to the PMBR team. As a boring business major that only knows html and javascript, I can't even imagine how much effort you guys all put into coding and testing. Not to mention, dealing with seemingly ungrateful people/"spoiled brats" complaining about too many alternate costumes/color variations/stage cosmetics over unspecified gameplay they wish to see.

Despite finals, I'm just getting around to playing a few matches with some friends and I'm loving what you guys have done. I think the HUD is awesome! Perfect amount of tweaking to the Brawl portraits as well as making it similar to Melee's HUD aesthetically . I just have one question: is it just me or is Falco crazy slow?

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I don't like how most of the default sounds have either been replaced by Melee ones now or got taken out completely (eg pretty much most of Fox and Falco's moves, and a few other things like Link's up b and Marth's 2nd jump), is there a way to restore the Brawl sounds? Just a personal preferance is all since to me its kinda boring playing as Fox and Falco without most of their brawl SFX.

Of course, sounds like with alt Mario's pills are awesome the way they are now.

Revven

FrankerZ
Fox and Falco didn't have any of their SFX replaced, not sure what you're talking about with regards to them -- their SFX at best were changed with SFX already existing in Brawl.

Top Bottom