• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Released! (Changelog in post)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
this is so good
mutu's spawn sound effect is a nice touch
i just wish it were taunt cancellable

eddiethe4th

Smash Rookie
The new training stage is cool, however I don't like it coming up in random stage select. I often pick a random stage to fight on and would rather it only pick from the stages I have turned on.

I have noticed there is no stage toggle for the training stage, will there be one be added in the near future or is it impossible due to the way the training stage has been implemented?

It's only a minor inconvenience of quitting the match and selecting another stage, but I feel that there should be some way to turn it off.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I feel ******** right now. I "lightly press" my D-Pad to initiate Link's side taunt but he just does his hair flip from Melee.

Or is that the secret? :|
Nah you're good, but that isn't the secret dw. I find it a lot easier to do by pressing near the center of the Dpad if it helps :)

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the opposite of this is true...I only tested it a couple of times, but Ganon always ended up with the win.
Tested this again today and this time Ganon was losing.

I really don't understand this change. The go-to tournament rule is that whoever initiated the suicide move gets the kill...if anything, the change should've been to make sure Ganon DOESN'T die first.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So I'm having a problem with getting PM to work. Do I need the private folder that has the folder named "st"? I only added the pf folder.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When you do a Down-B, the animation/where you go is based on the direction you're facing. A Ganondorf facing right will move right when he uses Down-B.

This allows you to turn around at the very beginning of the attack, even if you're in the air (which is otherwise impossible). Most notably, Peach's D-Smash no longer leaves Ganondorf in a position where you can't Down-B to help you recover.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Whirling Fortress edgehog behavior changed to no longer auto-snap to ledges. Requires some finesse to fortress hog now
Will refrain from raging too much right now. But this offends me like you wouldn't believe.

Not to be confused with me being ungrateful about 3.0. For the most part it looks amazing. Just some of the 'tweaks' given to chars... But I'll wait until after I've played humans before judging any more.

Edit: the CPUs improvements look mad nice. Lots of 'wtf epic' CPU moments to be had.

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
So I'm having a problem with getting PM to work. Do I need the private folder that has the folder named "st"? I only added the pf folder.

Delete everything from your SD card, then put the entirety of the zip's content on the root of your card, as is. If you're using the hackless version, that means "project m", "private", "codes", etc, all at the root of your card. The file structure changed this version.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Reposting this for better visibility, since no one replied to it:

------

I posted this in Bug Reporting, but I figure I'll post it here as well to see if anyone else is having these problems, or wants to discuss them:

---

Buffer is still Stock Control on No Homebrew WiFi Set, Snake Tranq + Cig issues

Some things I noticed that seem to be bugs, after an hour or so of testing the No Homebrew WiFi Set:

Buffer is still functionally Stock Control. It says "Buffer" in the Rules Menu, but changing the amount of what used to be Handicap still affects only the number of stocks you start with. Also, on the Character Select Screen, it says "STOCKS" instead of "BUFFER", and once a percentage is selected, it still shows up as a number (but that would actually make sense for Buffer... "1" Stock = 1 Frame of Buffer). "Input Assist" still seems to work instead of "Damage Gauge", and it still says "INPUT ASSIST" in the Rules Menu when you enter it from the Brawl screen, not the CSS. I don't think Input Assist should be in the same codeset as Buffer = Handicap...

This might have to do with me being used to 6 frames of Buffer, but whenever I try to do a short-hopped down air by hitting up on the Control Stick and then down on the C Stick, my character just instantly wastes his second jump instead, about 90% of the time.

Snake is supposed to be able to reload his Tranquilizer gun prematurely, but you can only do this when you have 1/3 shots left; it cannot be done with 2/3 shots remaining. On a side note, I think the "Hu" sound he makes after he fires a shot is annoying. Also,isitpossibleto have the holstered gun disappear when the Tranquilzer Gun is drawn, and reappear when it's put away? The attached silencer also seems to appear from nowhere...

When Snake flicks his cigarette off a ledge, it's trajectory still stops at ground level, as if there were were solid ground where there is only open air, and the cigarette's embers look like they have hit an invisible floor. Perhaps this is a technical limitation?

---

One more thought on Snake's taunts, specifically side taunt: I think it should be the old Project M 2.5 up taunt, where he put a hand to his chin and said, "Good" / "Tasty" / "Not even close", versus "Colonel, Mission Accomplished". The old up taunt was quicker and more taunt-y, while the current side taunt is longer, and already a victory animation. Besides, the mission isn't accomplished until the match is won! I suggest putting "Good" and "Not even close" back in. It would be nice if left/right taunt shared the same animation, but left yielded "Good" and right yielded "Not even close".

I hope that Buffer is added back into the WiFi Set soon. I've gotten so used to using 6 frames of buffer that I can't use C. Falcon effectively without it. My fingers just aren't fast enough to do stuff like wavedashing or short-hopped knees and neutral airs consistently, with 0 Buffer... But with just 6 frames of Buffer, I can do those things! I still don't get the stigma Melee vets have against Buffer, since each player can use whatever amount of it they want. If it helps you play better without unnecessarily straining you, what's the problem? I don't even care that it's not used in tournaments, since I doubt I'll ever play in an official one; I just play Brawl- and ProjectM with groups of local friends.

------

The Buffer thing is an easy fix - just remove the Stock Control / Input Assist codes from the .GCT, and add in the Handicap = Buffer code. Would someone please help me with this? Buffer is supposed to be in the WiFi Set...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Delete everything from your SD card, then put the entirety of the zip's content on the root of your card, as is. If you're using the hackless version, that means "project m", "private", "codes", etc, all at the root of your card. The file structure changed this version.
So, drag all of this onto the root of my sd?

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
Yes, everything, and background.png as well. Just make sure that your SD card is empty first.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
It didn't work. It just loads up brawl and when I start a match it freezes.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
So a couple questions as this is the first time im interested in anything smash related in a couple years.

Is Project M still capable of being ran entirely off the harddrive? I sold my wii a couple years ago after i quit brawl and i have no access to a Brawl Disc. However i still have my harddrive with brawl and gecko OS(is that still being used?) on it. Would it just be the case of downloading the new codeset and i'm good to go??

I know a long time ago there was a buffering menu. But seeing my friends play this at sessions i notice it's no longer there. Now i do plan on learning this game without relying on the buffering. However is it still there to be used? I know buffering is frown upon but i feel like why should i be hindered in my gameplay just because im not used to the melee buffering input and still used to brawl. And if it is still in am i able to just change my inputs while the other player stays with the norm??

And last are we able to edit the files in anyway or is Project M "locked" Im only asking because i was heavy into making my own character select screen. Even though 3.0's select screen is very nice!

Revven

FrankerZ
Two big tips on getting PM working:

1. "projectm", "codes", "private" (which contains the stage builder stage) should all be in the root of the SD Card. Delete the old Project M pf folder, it can cause issues.
2. Do not name your SD Card any sense of the phrasing Project M -- and also be sure to remove any spaces from the name of your SD Card. It's probably best not to name your SD Card anything special.

Ace55

Smash Lord
It's still easy to do...

For me personally I mess up somewhere between 10 to 20% of the time. Currently practicing to get that as close to 0% as possible. This is an absolutely crucial option for Boozer which costs you a stock if you mess it up.

Nerfs I can live with, even if I don't agree with them. But making something harder, for what appears to be, solely for the sake of making something harder boggles my mind. And practicing something just to get the same effect I had already been getting for like two years is far from fun imo.

Rdxgeno

Smash Rookie
3.0 is Superb. I'll be playing Project M more often than before. Major props to the PM team for so many changes that fit really nicely into this game. Now, if only they could add features to improve training mode...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It didn't work. It just loads up brawl and when I start a match it freezes.
I had the same problem.

If your SD card is named "Project M", change it to something else and it should work.

Edit: This should honestly be somewhere more visible as I'm sure a lot of people are going to have this problem.

Revven

FrankerZ
ATTN: If you don't want Training Room appearing when you select Random, turn off all your stages in random stage switch and then turn them back on. This should remove Training Room from appearing in Random.

However, doing this means you can't ever get Training Room on Random again -- so if you want to keep Training Room on Random don't do this. But if you want it gone completely (forever and ever) do it.

Didn't make a note of that anywhere, sorry!

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
mew2's float open up so much posibilities for combos and edgeguards :3
Side B should have less startup or ending lagg, i still feel it useless -_-
Also Dtilt... im not 100% sure, but it seemed that in melee it had IASA frames and now it doesn't.

Also, metaknight in turbo mode is broken

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
How do I enter Vs mode with just one player? I was able to do this some yesterday, but now I can't. Was I doing something special?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I feel ******** right now. I "lightly press" my D-Pad to initiate Link's side taunt but he just does his hair flip from Melee.

Or is that the secret? :|
Nah, my post was a joke on Link's special lightly pressed side taunt. :p
How do I enter Vs mode with just one player? I was able to do this some yesterday, but now I can't. Was I doing something special?
Do time >>> infinite time.

Goonsquad

Smash Rookie
Soooo hype holy s***, I'm actually a big fan of this change list, although I don't think lucario needed such a big buff, but he's one of my best so I can't complain :)

Top Bottom