• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Released! (Changelog in post)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is there a Yoshi's Island that isn't from Brawl in Project M?

People forget that Yoshi's Island (Melee, Pipes) was replaced with Yoshi's Story from Melee. It's reasonable for people to think that content wouldn't be cut.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Should lower that little "caution" sign on char select portaits a tad, it's hiddne behind the "READY TO FIGHT!" banner.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Some small critiques and concerns (perhaps some of these are going to be left for then next release):

Mewtwo is missing some sound effects (air dodge missing completely, shadow ball not original Melee sound effect)
No funky kong costume for DK
No extra costumes for samus or zss
Metaknight could have used a couple more costumes that would have been great
Kirby's B for Ivysaur doesnt work properly
Kirby's air B for samus still shoots right away
No melee ganondorf costume (this isn't a problem if theres a plan to bring back a melee version of ganondorf with an oot move set :p)
Wheres masked man's helmet (and arm cannon)?

though my biggest concern still is lucario getting a charge for every stock.. sorry guys i have to say that is a brutal idea.

those are just some things i wanted to point out, some out of sadness that certain things didn't get in, and others as constructive criticism.
other than that the game is fantastic! thank you so much for everything!

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
From another post of mine, maybe someone here will know...

---

There are two other codes I'd like to see identified: The Handicap = Stock Control code, and the Project M Buffer On (30 frames) / Off (0 frames) code. I'd like to know them so I can remove them and add the old Handicap = Buffer code back instead.

Stock Control is a neat feature, but not nearly as useful as the Handicap = Buffer system, for my group anyway. The simpler Buffer system they added instead isn't as good for my group, since we each like to use a different amount of Buffer, and the new setup locks Buffer at 30 or 0 frames for ALL players.

The only other code I'd like to see is a minor one: Getting this code to work in Tournament Mode:

Ignore Handicap [Y.S.] 04050550 38000000

I use that and this one:

Buffer scale = Handicap scale [Y.S, Phantom Wings]
C285B784 00000006
807F002C 3C809018
806300F4 60840FDC
1C63005C 7C83202E
3860000A 2C040064
40800008 7C641BD6
60000000 00000000

However, if I add any buffer in Tournament Mode, it shows up as Handicap too. For instance, 60% Buffer = 60% damage at the beginning of every stock.

Thanks again for your help.

P.S.: Thought of two more codes I'm just curious about: The Analog Shields code and the C-Stick Buffering codes, or whichever codes they have to take out for the WiFi-Safe codeset to work.

---

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The Kirby copy thing is intentional I think. I haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed to be single use.

KariteSama

Smash Apprentice
I just have to say I love Mewtwo. Roy is my main but I will not be surprised if M2 starts winning some tourneys. This update is incredible.

As far as Ganon being nerfed, read the damn changelist. And my personal opinion is that D3 is really pretty solid. I played with him and 4 stocked people.

I weep for Ivysaur. We had our fun.

Finally, if Fox isn't as dominant isn't that just P:M achieving it's goal? I'm not saying he is OP but more characters should have more options against him and that should include stage choice. Just good balancing. I dunno. Just my thought.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Are you positive that you're using our mu_menumain and info.pac files? And are you using Full or Wifi?
I know for a fact that I fixed those today.
Absolutely, Shadic. I only specified the menu because the ones in info.pac are popping up just fine. I'm using the Full Homebrew set. No Wi-Fi. Thoroughly looking through both song lists in BrawlBox too.

Slight mishap. No big deal. One quick export of the info's MiscData[140] into the mu_menumain's MiscData[7] and it'll be good as new. The two are exactly the same, after all. :3

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Can one of the developers please fix the Buffer in the the No Homebrew WiFi set? I'd use the Full Set if only it had Buffer instead of Stock Control...

If I knew how to take out Stock Control / Input Assist and add Buffer / Damage Gauge back in, I'd do it myself, but the Stock Control / Input Assist codes have never been released.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Coming from Brawl-, I already miss how everyone could wall-jump in that mod... :(

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ouch, right in the Ivysaur. Oh well, good thing Samus is out, was thinking about dumping Ivysaur to alt levels in advance anyways because of that.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
*After trying out Bowser Easter Egg* AT LAST, EVENT MATCH 51 IS POSSIBLE ONCE AGAIN!

*Soon tries it with Dry Bowser Alt*......*ahem*
THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Celestis

Smash Ace
I notice the 1 frame physics delay is no longer in the known bugs list. Does this mean its finally been resolved?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nope, still there, we just never received bug reports of "Physics are 1 frame off" so we found it better to not confuse those trying to report bugs.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Stop thinking

And choose Bowser

And hold Down R from the character select screen until you choose a stage!!

And you'll thank me!!!!!

In fact, EVERYONE DO THIS!!!!
So I just saw this post and decided to try it out. While in Turbo Mode. With the CPU using the Dry Bowser outfit. On Final Destination after choosing Random. With the Giga Bowser Theme playing.

Not sure if coincidence or destiny...

Also, if you want the CPU to be Giga Bowser, just have another controller in the slot that the CPU is in and hold R with that controller until the match starts.

Top Bottom