• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OC3 Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
I had fun. But I am now sick. I hope it's not due to that Ammonia thing.

Hmm.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

True, no Ammonia johns.
What he said^

~Or perhaps it was that Denny's meal you decided not to pay for. I hope that **** was as tasty of a treat as the hour and a half long endeavor that my good friend Wolf and I suffered following your escape as we tried to convince the agitated managers of Denny's that we had no association with their dine-and-ditch customer.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. =D

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
shout outs

I was the player named Dark at the tourney
this was a pretty fun tourney, only things i was disappointed with was the venue, lol when u say no AC, it wasnt even that hot; compared to AZ that is!!
i was a little sad me and my bro didnt get to make it into the Doubles bracket after pools, so close, only 1 more win. lol i tried to debate myself into the bracket, i tried but failed.

Mike Y. - dude, it was awesome talking to you, i appreacited the commet on you saying i was good, especially coming from you. close 2nd fight in the brackets, lol (im not dark, im Maxxpower!), you saying (but your wearing all black) lol.

Treven - was nice meeting you again, sorry about how some matches went for u in the bracket.

The Boss - lol some awesome friendly matches there, with my sheik and falcon. lol and that 1 match where i played marth against your falco was funny how i pulled off a spike on you with f-air then d-air when you were at 0%, lol totally on accident, i dont even play marth.

Milktea - was fun playing you in pools, close matches both of them, your definitely good

Kiwi - awesome sheik there, i was feeling your anger when that guy was yelling behind your back when you were playing pools. but keep it up though, u are too good

all of AZ - lol good seeing you guys again, its always nice to see familiar faces, and man what a cheering crowd AZ is when one of our own is up.

Sesh - didnt get to play any friendly matches, but always nice to see your pretty face :chuckle: lol sorry brandon dont hate me!! :p

DSF and Bob$ - man close matches on our pools, me and my bro did better then we thought we would do against you guys, both matches down to the last stock each. you guys are too good

to the last guy i played with Falcon dittos on last day - lol good **** man, was some very fun matches, lol you always won with 1 stock each time, it was close, lol good comboes man

one thing i gotta say is, to whatever happen with the singles bracket with pitting all the AZ smashers against each other sucked ***. this was the most disrespectful thing, each AZ smasher vs. each other, in winners bracket and especially in the losers, each one had to eliminate each other from the singles, this pissed me off the most and some of the other AZ crew.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hawaii: IM SO SORRY in crews >.< But hey it was great meeting u all, especially DarkMusician haha Crazy zelda u got there ^^ it was scaring me a bit when I played it.^^
Thank you FMF! <3

Don't worry about it. We had a free round and since we lost to you guys, we actually placed 17th out of 42 or something like that. Woohoo!

My Zelda actually does pretty good against Falcos. But you play very fast and it was a tough fight. I plan on writing a guide to using Zelda now that it has some "street cred." lolz North Cal is too good. =D

VANS

Smash Ace
yea id have to say that was seriously the best one ive gone to. too bad it ended so quickly =l

it was fun meeting everyone, i miss u guys already.
we will definitely meet again =)

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I had fun. Too bad I didn't get to play in doubles, though, that's mainly what I do :( Had to go to a Daft Punk concert instead with my girlfriend, though that was pretty awesome as well. When I get back from Japan we're going to train in Brawl together. I can't beat her at Double Dash, and she plays a lot of Warcraft III and Dota, so she just might have the potential to be the best girl Smasher out there :p I know some other people play Smash with their girlfriends, so I'd like to see either a bf/gf tourney (excluding PC Chris lolz) or an all-girls tourney.

Anyways, good stuff, and hopefully all the drama surrounding this will be over. Sure, I'd like to see an excel sheet breakdown of all the expenses. You'd imagine at a tournament that required parental forms to be signed that they'd obviously have a detailed report of how much stuff costs. And, I'm sure in due time, they'll post it. It just annoys me when I see people like chillindude, who weren't even there, complain about the price of the tournament, then ***** and say "No, it's your job to prove to me that you aren't crooks." If you care so much about it, don't then sit back on your fat-*** and expect to be spoon-fed all the information while you criticize every little bit. That way of thinking is just plain stupid.

Oh, and it did suck that I got a speeding ticket on my way back. Bah. **** cops. Aside from that, a weekend of Smash + Daft Punk + gf = good times by all. Hopefully next time, though, I won't have to be forced to decide on hoes before Smashbros :p

Well, see you all in 5 months, or later in 2008, when Brawl's out, and when I get back to the US! For now, it's time to pack for my flight to Japan.

chillindude829

Smash Master
lol @ west coast people getting their panties in a bundle over me. i mean, i didn't go to the tournament, as all of you seem to enjoy pointing out, so why even bother mentioning me?

thomassexy, no its not "they didnt lose as much money as they claim," it's still "they made a lot of money off the tournament." you should feel honored though because out of all the WC ken/mana personal cocksuckers, i decided to respond to you specifically. :)

anyway, since no one on the oc staff has made any effort to disprove my claims i guess we can safely assume that they did indeed steal at least hundreds of dollars. good **** guys

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Chillin, Arash is on the staff, and it's all explained in the first post. You're outright flaming as opposed to contributing anything new at all. There have been plenty of threads to express your opinion, and you can still hold your opinion if you like, but it doesn't need to be here.

So to prevent Ken from having to use his mod powers, I'm going to ask you to leave the thread. Same to others. Find a different place for these comments please.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Huh? It was a harmless question, I think. I was under the impression there was only one way to interpret largest. Sorry if I misunderstood how largest was being used. Greatest? Well I certainly can't argue that since I wasn't there and that's a matter of opinion anyways even if I was. Size really doesn't have much to do with the greatness of a tournament, and I certainly wasn't implying it did. If you attended both I doubt the difference between 228 and 250 would be very noticable at all. I was asking a simple question to make sure I wasn't counting a number of players who entered teaams but not singles or something. With the flat rate to enter, that seemed unlikely but you never know.

I'm not arguing for or against fc/oc, but some of your logic is a little funny. A .com sponsor for oc3? Does mlgpro.com count for fc? Sure OC had way more WC, but the top 3 were the same for both tournies. FC had more people from some states, OC had more from others, not a huge deal. I didn't attend FC either this year, but I was interested in the results of both tournies. Both were certainly epic tournies, great. I know you feel all sorts of hatred pouring in and the need to defend your state's grand tourney, but you don't need to lash out at me.
qft; "largest" = largest, nothing subjective about it

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm really sad that I missed Forward's speech.

Thanks a lot for hosting everyone, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I'm not going to give a thought to any of the money discussion, because the fact that I had fun is all that matters.

I'll do shoutouts later.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
look at it this way.. even if it wasn't literally the largest ever.. people who didnt even go to the OC3 tournament all seem to be involved one way or another. its quite amusing. come on now listen to your self. not many people here really cared for the fc results because there was no bombsolider and there certainly weren't many people from the west coast-- let alone canada. if you read these posts you should see that people are asking for the videos. we had a live blog, a .com sponser & video coverage. most of the good players came to oc3 so just get over that. if people got along more here & communicated, we would of had even better competition if we raised enough money trying to get more from japan... thunders,masahi, kei, CJ, mikael and boy did i try. LOL. i really tried. i even begged people for donations. we all wanted to see bombsoldier vs pc chris/foward and ken vs mew2king. we got to. your interest in this "literal" quote of "the largest tournament" hasn't hindered anything. oc3 was a HUGE deal because so many people were & are watching. that is an irrelevant question if you want to break it down here just like i did for you. most of the people i've asked about fc here totally forgot it happened. oc3 on the other hand will always have top of the chart unforgettable moments and it was all on tape.

im only saying this much because i was one of the few who cared enough to donate to get bombsoldier & disc here. people need to stop complaining if they didn't at all
participate.

p.s.
bombsoldier destroyed m2k but it wasn't recorded.
lol am I flaming?

largest = largest. 250 > 228.
Having BS does not automatically make it better. (esp after all the hype)
Having WC does not automatically make it better.
Looks like, from the response, OC *was* a "HUGE" deal.
"most of the people i've asked about fc here totally forgot it happened. oc3 on the other hand will always have top of the chart unforgettable moments and it was all on tape." - This is seriously.... wow... way to spread negativity.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yes, I'm sure absolutely noone cared about FC because of some Japanese kid who ended up getting 17th at this tournament.

Yeah I agree with Bone. Noone cares about any tournament if it doesn't have people from overseas that are paid for from our own pocket, and some WC people who went as well.

Regional crews? Pointless. Dodgeball, torpedo ball, etc.? lol.

All I'm saying is don't be a **** and imply that "you shouldn't say anything if you weren't there" if you are doing the same. Moments are easily forgettable when you don't live them you know.

P.S. Yeah, well Mew2king placed higher and didn't face him during brackets, so tough luck.

Aesis

Smash Ace
If you didn't go to this tournament, or don't have anything to discuss about the results of the tournament, THEN GET THE *** OUT OF HERE AND STOP POISONING OUR EXPERIENCE.

As King, Forward, and numerous other players have expressed, regardless of how it was run or whatever may have happened, OC3 was the fcking SHT and I don't regret ANY OF IT.

All you EC haters just like to start drama as always, perpetuating typical New England, East Coast stereotypes. This is the West Coast.

Don't get me wrong. I've had my fair share of problems with Mike. I was the first person in Cali to ban Manacloud from my tournament series. But we got over that.
The point is that this tournament was a blessing for the entire community, to come together and share what is probably the last and greatest experiences Melee has to offer.

STOP THE DRAMA.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer

All you EC haters just like to start drama as always, perpetuating typical New England, East Coast stereotypes. This is the West Coast.

STOP THE DRAMA.
You don't stop drama by starting more.

A single issue was brought up earlier about Mew2King, who's from EC, not receiving his money. That issue has been resolved, however, it seems many other people not just from EC felt the need to express their dissatisfaction with the tournament.

EC isn't a bully who stands over WC kicking over your pretty, hand-made sand castles.

So before you generalize and make stereotypes... stfu, think, and then choose not to speak.

*Edit* Forward! You will be missed, mangz!

chillindude829

Smash Master
Chillin, Arash is on the staff, and it's all explained in the first post. You're outright flaming as opposed to contributing anything new at all. There have been plenty of threads to express your opinion, and you can still hold your opinion if you like, but it doesn't need to be here.

So to prevent Ken from having to use his mod powers, I'm going to ask you to leave the thread. Same to others. Find a different place for these comments please.
Um, so the responses that were made to Arash's initial post...? Do those not count?

Anyway blah blah mod powers, I get it. Smashboards moderation is ridiculously inconsistent and mostly unfair anyway, especially with the last few waves of new moderators.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave the thread" that was pretty cute Prime lol. Are you a police officer now? Anyway, I'll stop inquiring about the truth if you insist. Maybe I'll run to the store and buy some $55 VCRs and $200 tables... although those gas prices are killer, I hear it takes $800 to shuttle people to the airport and back nowadays...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
@ chillin, they shouldve just typed on the first post beforehand:

"$20 of your entry is going to the pot. the remaining $55(or $80 in some cases) will go to various expenses that you may or may not be serviced to, at undisclosed expense"
then there wouldve been no confusion.

i dont think stealing money is the issue as much as its about over 2/3's of the entry fee basically being venue fee. im sure lots of people had a great time and it doesnt matter, but im sure a lot of people didnt know this and feel cheesed.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
Sheriden, where ever you are. I just wanted you to know that, all of oE thinks you're cool as hell. Fidel said your sweatpants are fierce and that you're frikkin cool. Justin said you're cool. And i said you're the most polite guy ever. YOU COOL GUY.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
~Or perhaps it was that Denny's meal you decided not to pay for. I hope that **** was as tasty of a treat as the hour and a half long endeavor that my good friend Wolf and I suffered following your escape as we tried to convince the agitated managers of Denny's that we had no association with their dine-and-ditch customer.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. =D

WTF? I paid for his meal. I had the guy add it to my meal and I paid seven extra dollars!

Technically I paid for all of it with Burnttoast's money, but I didn't want to get crazy with the semantics.

But sheesh, that was the worst. It took over half an hour to pay for my meal, and I paid somewhere in the middle. I'm so glad I didn't tip now. The only good thing is we all got to listen to Dave talk about stuff during that time.

AnujSuper9

Smash Lord
hope the three of cok liked your name tags
Why didn't me and Watty get name tags? It makes me sad because the tags were indeed awesome. Anyway, it was good to meet you too but I want a nametag next time we meet! :p

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Most of those items DO cost that much here in california. The place I work at sells such items, and they seriously got a good retail price. Maybe buying tables/cords/surge protectors will cost one less on some ****ty thrift store online, but those prices are legit.

And wow, Ammonia? You guys need to man up. Ammonia grows hair on your balls here on the west coast. Guess we shoulda handed out tampons on day 1.

No i'm joking, ammonia is dangerous.

Shout Outs:

PC + Milktea - Awesome seeing you 2 again. Way to beat me PC. I'll get you back next time. It was a pleasure housing you guys.

Kiwi, Vidjo, m2k, chu, Cactuar - it was good meeting some of you guys for the first time and seeing you guys once again. Kiwi, you have the strongest asian voice I have ever heard. I wouldn't be surprised if you beat me at arm wrestling. You are amazing.
Vidjo, you lost to m2k and thought you sucked. Come on man, it's m2k. Cactuar, good games. Chu, get ***** by my dog. And way to leave your stuff in my car, i hope you are going to EVO so you can get it back. M2k, you are soooo good it's ridiculous. I've been playing this game since the end of 04 and you seriously had me feeling like a noob all over again. I was actually proud of getting you down to 2 stocks every time, I was proud of taking one friendly. I haven't bragged about a friendly since 2004. Wow I got *****.

DBR - some of my favorite smashers. Roscoes, crew rivalries, hanging out, seriously, if any 2 crews in this nation can be considered brotherly, it'd be dbr and Superfriends.

Superfriends - we ****.

COK - get *****. <3 you guys. Fear that yoshi. Thanks for ****** me drephen. We'll meet in tournament sometime soon.

AZ - a pleasure as always. Like Norcal, u guys are practically our brothers. Taj, gg on beating me :)

DAVE - always a pleasure. You are the single funniest smasher there is. Hope to see you again at a tourney soon, if i go to the east coast.

I'm running out of time to post so I'll just say it was great seeing everyone again, and meeting all the new people.

Despite all the bull****, i seriously couldn't have cared less about all the drama going on, i paid a solid 75 bucks to enjoy myself, and I completely did. No question. Half the reason I was there was to half fun, and the other half was to prove to myself that I wasn't washed up and that I can still **** outside of socal.
Mission accomplished.

But i do hope that none of these events discourage the OOS attendance of California tournaments. Every region has their "woops, we kinda ****ed up" tournament, so I hope California is forgiven

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Pleeease tell me there's PC vs. BS vids.
there is probably only one. during east coast vs crazy return, bombsoldier got 1-stocked by pc's fox. no falco ditto for those two.

however, there WILL be videos of forward vs bombsoldier. now that was fun.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Um, so the responses that were made to Arash's initial post...? Do those not count?

Anyway blah blah mod powers, I get it. Smashboards moderation is ridiculously inconsistent and mostly unfair anyway, especially with the last few waves of new moderators.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave the thread" that was pretty cute Prime lol. Are you a police officer now? Anyway, I'll stop inquiring about the truth if you insist. Maybe I'll run to the store and buy some $55 VCRs and $200 tables... although those gas prices are killer, I hear it takes $800 to shuttle people to the airport and back nowadays...
I'm a fantastic Moderator!!! I'm almost as amazing as Chillin.

HugS - wtf why no shoutout to me. :( I want to be a super friend too!

Cort

Apple Head
Everyone is invited to my house for a 2.5 day tournament. It's 75 to enter everything, but prize money will be distributed in the form of hugs and pat on the backs for top 3 finishers, accordingly.

But hey money doesn't matter, you'll definitely have fun and feel the 75 dollars was well spent.

edit// No, really... Who's in? ^^

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer

Aye, Chillin, you're now just flaming, not adding anything constructive. I already warned you on your last post for minor flaming. Next time you post in this thread, it shouldn't be about "When are you guys going to prove to me that you didn't earn money?". You can discuss the cost of certain items, post your on research into the subject, and perhaps figure out the most cost-efficient way to run a tournament. Make sure your posts are decent and add something to the subject, because I'll be going over them scrupulously.

I'm not as nice as some of the other mods, chi.

Anonymous???

Banned via Administration

Just had to point out the fact that there was a sign about Ammonia.

If Arash would lie once, why should I believe that he wouldn't like 20 times more? We need to see actual pictures of purchases, otherwise I have no reason to believe that Manacloud is money laundering.

Also, give Chillin a break, he doesn't have to be physically at the tournament to get an idea of what going on right now.

This is the same guy who posted under "NewAccSoKenDoesntBanMe", but that account was banned rather hastely, you can read that post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom