• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OC3 Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nublet06

Smash Lord
Alright, my best guess why no one from OC3 staff is responding to questions is that they don't care anymore. They were being flamed before the tournament concerning price and they are still being flamed after the tourn. I expect better respect from the smash community, especially towards people that spent months on planning one of the biggest tournaments on their own time. They threw a tournament, many people had fun, and it is over.
no...its just none of them post all that much anyway.

there are 50 people complaining.....and then an oc3 staffer replies.

look at the date they joined smash boards, and look at how many posts they have.

now look at the date you joined smash boards, and look how many posts you have.

ken mana and arash typically have aroune 3 more years on people, but still a thousand less posts. they jsut dont go SWF crazy like everyone else.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Alright, my best guess why no one from OC3 staff is responding to questions is that they don't care anymore. They were being flamed before the tournament concerning price and they are still being flamed after the tourn. I expect better respect from the smash community, especially towards people that spent months on planning one of the biggest tournaments on their own time. They threw a tournament, many people had fun, and it is over.
It's the same questions that were raised before the tournament, except now there is more ammo.

i edited my first post, explaining how i honestly didn't know about any ammonia signs, but you make it sound like we left buckets of it for people to smell, when in reality it was safely contained in pipes along the wall, and didn't really pose a danger to people at the venue.

I wasn't lying about it, I just didn't know. I'm not hiding anything; if I were, I would just post the link to tio on the first post and leave it at that. And I didn't block you on AIM, I haven't even been on AIM in the past month. My screen name is scorpioman12, but again it won't matter since I rarely go on to begin with.
I'd like to apologize since JUST as I was saying "Sorry, I just saw the first post", I got banned by a mod.

Anyway, allow me to continue(nothing against you Arash)

lol first of all i was there all 3 days and never saw the sign.

did i side with wes? no i actually was laughing my *** off cause he types like a ******. i just thought it was funny and said it was a funny post.

it is also well known that i dont get along with manacloud at all. he banned me from bi weeklies, so aesis banned him from UCLA monthlies, so manacloud banned aesis from oc3, so i almost didnt even go to oc3 except everything was sorted out and we all let things be.. and i barely know arash and rarely talk to him even tho i see him at so many tournaments. so im not really siding with the oc3 staff at all.

im just pointing out that you are an idiot and just because arash said there were no danger signs doesnt mean he was lying. I ACTUALLY WENT TO 0c3 ALONG WITH 4 OTHER PEOPLE AND NONE OF US SAW THE SIGNS. so your little arguement of if he lied once how do i know hes not lying again.....is ********.

seriously....unless its a post about your experiences at the tournament, just shut up. all this negative energy has pissed me off enough to make my last few ******** posts.
Well, to be fair, Arash edited his post, so my apologies to him, but there are still a few unanswered things:

Wait... $824 for gas?

Assuming you chose the highest possible gas price, $3.37 per gallon, that means you bought 244.5 gallons of gas.

Let's assume you get something terrible like 12 mpg in the city.

I refuse to believe the OC3 staff drove 2934 miles in a 3-day span. To prove a point, I mapquested my house to OC3, literally the entire span of the US, and it came out to:

Did you guys pick up Mike Monkey from Canada? Because if not you didn't spend $824 on gas.
Arash, could you, or anyone else explain these gas expenses?

forward

Smash Champion
I get dumber reading this thread

Remember how I started a bunch of **** at Pound2 cuz of my trash talk? Well, they made another thread for it so people could easily read through shout outs.

Plz do the same so I don't have to read this mindless garbage.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Remember how I started a bunch of **** at Pound2 cuz of my trash talk? Well, they made another thread for it so people could easily read through shout outs.

People did, but the threads got closed, and the mods who closed them told people to discuss it here.

also, I AM THE SUNLIGHT TO END THE DARCNESS

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Everyone is invited to my house for a 2.5 day tournament. It's 75 to enter everything, but prize money will be distributed in the form of hugs and pat on the backs for top 3 finishers, accordingly.

But hey money doesn't matter, you'll definitely have fun and feel the 75 dollars was well spent.

edit// No, really... Who's in? ^^
If the prize is HugS instead of hugs I think you would get a ton of people to enter.:laugh:

Darkmusician

Smash Master

What Forward said. More happy shout outs and less sad flames and spam please!

I played LoVo in a friendly set. His Link makes me smile.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
So I lost like.... an hour's worth of shoutouts. I'm kinda upset.

Bone- Good matches, fun friendlies. I'll probably be a ***** and play campy Fox on you next time, so I can actually advance.

TheBOSS- lullz at you forging a 2-0 against me for pools. You really needed it that bad? Try not to be such a **** when you lose to people you've never heard of. You played a campy Jiggz, I played a campy Fox. Mine was better. Get over it. Also, don't pick a character you don't know how to play as on a stage where you can get CG'ed, especially if you're just assuming that the person you're playing has no clue what they're doing. I made the mistake of underestimating you during pools the first match, and it almost cost me brackets. So yeah, don't be a douche to people you don't know, and don't underestimate people. I used to do that, until I realized there were at least fifty people that could completely own me at this game, and even more that could give me some very tough matches. You're good, but you're not pro. Get over yourself.
boss is just like that. he talks **** about everyone. LOL. trust me, you have no idea. when i mm'd him last year and after he lost to me twice he pulled his controller out and walked into the next room and yelled outloud to everyone that he lost to a fudge packer. so funny, i know right? :D we all just laugh it off now. boss is a good guy. dont worry about that.

good games man..!

its going to take a little bit more than camping to beat me. :D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
What Forward said. More happy shout outs and less sad flames and spam please!

I played LoVo in a friendly set. His Link makes me smile.
♥

That's what this thread should be about. Not a bunch of people *****ing about the prices and everything. Colorado had to ****ing drive the whole way. 15+ hours only to find we had to wait longer. However, we all had a lot of fun, and found out that SNSG might be the best Luigi, with only Ka Master left to play. LoVo is a **** fine Link, too.

Even IF Ken and Mike were embezzling funds, and we somehow caught them, what would you propose they do, Chillin? Mail everyone a check for the money that wasn't completely spent? Don't get me wrong, I respect you, and having money unaccounted for isn't something I'm partial to, but even if they took some, I don't really care. $100 was more than worth it for this experience. Yes, housing was crappy, yes, food wasn't that filling (despite having seconds available), and yes, there were some things that could have been better; but, this thread is about the results of the tournament and shout outs. Make one for figuring out what happened to the funding and all that ****, maybe?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
boss is just like that. he talks **** about everyone. LOL. trust me, you have no idea. when i mm'd him last year and after he lost to me twice he pulled his controller out and walked into the next room and yelled outloud to everyone that he lost to a fudge packer. so funny, i know right? :D we all just laugh it off now. boss is a good guy. dont worry about that.

good games man..!

its going to take a little bit more than camping to beat me. :D
Haha, good enough, then. I used to be that way a long time ago (though not quite to that extreme). Loved playing your Peach, though I'm not sure if you incorporated my usmash placement into your style or you had it before our friendlies, haha. Either way, good ****. Can I expect to see you at Super Champ, and maybe get some friendlies/MM's going with you? Also, how'd the corneria superset go?

EDIT: OHSNAP3! Double post, my bad

Eggz

Smash Hero
About my controller.... (Silver, eyeball stickers, bombsoldiers sig in japanese on the back)...Yeaah....any staff pick that up?

Thanks for all the rides and stuff Arash, your too cool.

♥

That's what this thread should be about. Not a bunch of people *****ing about the prices and everything. Colorado had to ****ing drive the whole way. 15+ hours only to find we had to wait longer. However, we all had a lot of fun, and found out that SNSG might be the best Luigi, with only Ka Master left to play. LoVo is a **** fine Link, too.

Even IF Ken and Mike were embezzling funds, and we somehow caught them, what would you propose they do, Chillin? Mail everyone a check for the money that wasn't completely spent? Don't get me wrong, I respect you, and having money unaccounted for isn't something I'm partial to, but even if they took some, I don't really care. $100 was more than worth it for this experience. Yes, housing was crappy, yes, food wasn't that filling (despite having seconds available), and yes, there were some things that could have been better; but, this thread is about the results of the tournament and shout outs. Make one for figuring out what happened to the funding and all that ****, maybe?
Don't say anything to Chillin, as mentioned before, every thread that was created was locked by a mod, and then everyone was told to post in this thread.

If they were caught doing such things, then no one would want to go to any OC tournaments, again and they would have their reputation hurt. Not to mention possible legal things.

I have nothing against these guys, but if there is nothing to hide, why not show?

romeo619

Smash Ace
Oh, and for those of you who are pulling the "I didn't see it, so it didn't happen" card: It was the teams match of Ken & Bombsoldier Vs. M2K and Chu Dat where BS ***** M2K. Ken handled Chu and BS took out M2K.

Afterwards, Chu and M2K were cussing each other out saying "You f***d up!!" "No! You f***d up!!" "You got your a** *****!!" "Well you got edge-guarded too much!!" etc. etc.

If you don't believe me, please do the responsible thing and ask someone WHO ACTUALLY SAW IT. Don't fall for that stupid bs of "I didn't see it so I guess it probably didn't happen."

F***!! I hate having to point this s*** out because I respect Chu and M2K and I don't like to talk bad about them. But all these a***holes are like vicious dogs trying to tear Bombsoldier apart and degrade him as much as possible. He and his brother were nice people and looked scared and/or bored the whole time. I feel bad for them and all other people are concerned about is trying to rip them apart.

Again, I mean no disrespect to M2K and Chu. Heck, I was the one who drove him to Target to get his glasses fixed when they broke during the tournament. I have nothing against them and I'm really sorry I have to bring up that match.

BS and Disc were nice people. They looked bored and scared and their Dad just had a heart-attack. Anyone who tries to rip them apart for their own pride is an animal.
lolwtf. who the fuck is "tearing BS and his brother apart viciously like dogs" ?

bone said he ***** m2k, he didn't specify teams and they didn't play in singles, so i guess people figured it was a friendly since it wasn't recorded. nobody said it didnt happen.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
FC:Diamond;
1. Mew2King
2. PC Chris

OC3:pearl;
1. PC Chris
2. Mew2King

These two guys must be legendary pokemon.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
ModsPleaseStopBanningMe, if you create another account, we WILL IP Ban you, including all the accounts that are currently using that IP. Just creating your name like that is asking for a ban.

Alternate accounts are not allowed. If you wish to be anonymous, send a moderator that you trust the message you wish to make.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
♥

SNSG? Never even heard the name...hm.

Anyways...I agree with Trail...US is too good? >_>

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol WoZ is that you dancing in your sig? Too good?

Edit: Ka-Master is a beast. I've never seen a luigi like his.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
rofl Shiz

It's called the WoZ Tang. >_>

In reality, one of my crew members found a youtube video of this look-alike, then made it a sig.

Eggz

Smash Hero
SNSG? Never even heard the name...hm.

Anyways...I agree with Trail...US is too good? >_>
Was that the really bad Luigi me and gimpy played in teams?

I thought I was done having to jock Ka....guess the west coast is still ignorant.

Also, Danimals, not only are not very good at this game, but your pretty childish and flat out ******** considering your reactions to getting owned by the rules. Some people just suck, learn to cope. Aftermath is much better than you and deserved advancing more. 'nuff said.

♥

15 hours is nothing. In the last week or two, I spent over 140 hours on a train. No one is even close to ka-master, never say anything like that. although drephens luigis amazing. judging from SNSGs performance in pools at OC...and ka-masters performance in pools and in the bracket at FC....its nowhere near close xD
only 1 luigi>silentwolf

nublet06

Smash Lord
SNSG was a really cool Luigi player with a green bandana. no need to make fun of anyone's playing abilities. Another Colorado player was just hyping up his abilities. you guys really shouldn't get butt hurt over it.

ahahah danimals. get *****.

on a lighter note.

PKMvodka's DK is amazing. i seriously had no idea what to do with it. wish i could of watched some more of your matches.......besides the one against falcomist ahahahaha.

i keep remembering small things about this tournament that make me want to post again.

chillindude829

Smash Master
i love how people are talking only about PC and M2K as if they're the unbeatable duo. they're definitely amazing but are you guys forgetting chu dat? *pound*2 champion? hes on pc/m2ks level

also, ThomasSexy, if you "respected" Chu+M2K, you wouldn't have posted about them arguing. that's their personal business, and it really doesn't add anything to your argument. you could have left it out entirely and i'm sure they wouldn't appreciate you posting that

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i love how people are talking only about PC and M2K as if they're the unbeatable duo. they're definitely amazing but are you guys forgetting chu dat? *pound*2 champion? hes on pc/m2ks level
I think it is more his character choice than skill level keeping him down in the public's perception. He's definitely on par with them, but I think the fact that he plays ICs and they play high tier characters leads many to forget.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Chu got so lucky at pound, and I don't mean in his matches. The fact that Chu DOESN'T play a top tier character should make him stand out even more.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I wanna thank everyone for the good matches that i had with them
Rofl: Your luigi is sick, you're the first luigi that made my falco have a struggle.
Zhu: We had some nice falco dittos, even though you beat me 3-1
gimpyfish: Your bowser is insane, i never thought that my falco could lose to a bowser.
Dehf: We also had some sick falco dittos, you were beating me, but then i started to win.
Ken: Your marth is so good, I almost got you one match but you still ***** me overall.
Boa: You are so good with Captain falcon, Shiek, and marth. Hope to play you again.
Taj: You are hella good. You and wobbles ***** me and my bro in teams.
luninspectra: We had some intense matches in our pool. And nice fox.
Bombsoldier: The best falco dittos that i ever had. Even though i beat you 3-2 I think that you are still much better than me cuz you have more experience.
Silent Wolf: Your fox is so amazing in tech skill. I have never see a fox do things like that!
Hugs: Your samus is still my falcos weakness, hopefully ill get closer at evo world in vegas.

_milktea

Smash Lord
I agree with ThomasSexy's old post. Bombsoldier wasn't on the forums bragging about how great he is, there's no necessity to continuously say how much he "sucks".

Anyways, quick shoutouts because I'm at Rickety's :).

Penor, Wobbles, other ERS players: YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME HAHAHA, that game is TOO GOOD. Almost as good as Smash...or better....>_> <_<. One day we will do this again! And I'll win..!

Chu: Egyptian Scat Rew LMAOOO. Too good. I'll MM you 5$ in ERS :D.

Mew2King: Don't be so mad, we all know you're the best at this game! Someone else tell him this, HE WON'T BELIEVE ME.

Omar: OMARRR, so cool and strangely different than you are online o_o. You're really awesome. Our Emo Corner was too good, I hope we get to hang out again one day :(.

Forward: I know you'll go to a tournament again, OC3 will not be the last time I ever see you..!

Pha: PHAAAAAAAAAA, thank you SOO much for taking me and PC places and dealing with us hahaha! BOBA TOO GOOD. You're good still at Smash Brothers, none of these "I'm rusty." johns!

Ken, Hoang family: Thanks for running this tournament with what you guys had! Everyone still had fun despite their whining/complaining.

My pool: I owe you an apology for not trying and just being careless overall! I'm dumb v_v.

Hella's friend, Etch? Thanks for listening to me vent/rant after pools haha. Tell me when you finish that Harry Potter book :).

Canada: You guys are too cool. I mean, except for chester. Chester just sucks LOLOL, jk <3.

Huggles: Thank you for housing me and PC and that other guy, what, Chu? LOL. I love your doggy, Sasha >_> *has said this multiple times already*.

Edreese: YOU DON'T KNOW THAT I'M MAKING THIS SHOUTOUT AND YOU'RE RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Thanks for housing me and PC and driving us over to Rickety's!

Rickety: HEY, you don't know either that I'm writing this XD. But thank you as well for housing me and PC :). Too cools.

PC CHRIS: WHAT WE DID SO GOOD IN TEAMS AWOOOOOOO!

Vidjo: Ow.

I'm sorry if I forgot you, I'll come back and edit this post. Right now it's so hard remembering anything about OC3 LOL. Doesn't matter, almost everyone was cool 8D.

chillindude829

Smash Master
maybe its because mew2king like.....4 stocked chu dat.
lol what an ignorant post... most of the pros have 3 or 4 stocked each other at some point if they play enough, and i'm sure chu has done it to m2k in the past. in fact m2k has only recently been beating chu in tourneys, it took him like a year and a half to beat him at all

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Was that the really bad Luigi me and gimpy played in teams?

I thought I was done having to jock Ka....guess the west coast is still ignorant.

Also, Danimals, not only are not very good at this game, but your pretty childish and flat out ******** considering your reactions to getting owned by the rules. Some people just suck, learn to cope. Aftermath is much better than you and deserved advancing more. 'nuff said.
yea that was him
lol

we lost to every team in that pools cuz me and him suck.

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for signing my controller Omar.
Otto of course man I love you. =(

And I love everyone else.

I'll do shout outs for this I promise. This is likely my last melee tourney, so yeah, might as well.

I had a great time hanging out with everyone and meeting people.

And please excuse me if I was rude/alienated/flat out emo at any point in the tourney. I was in a strange sort of mood. I did my best to be my usual cheerful and upbeat self, but, I know I couldn't quite swing it entirely and I could tell that people were picking up on it. So if I offended anybody or came off a little unpleasant, I apologize. Ya'll know how it is sometimes.

Shout outs coming tonight hopefully.

<3

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
WTF, people need to stop retiring :(

Jem.

Smash Master
Well, there aren't many big tournaments left before Brawl, so some people probably don't see the point in trying to get good when in 5, almost 4 months, we'll all be playing Brawl competitively.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Lovo's sick fo sho. SW and Eggz somehow thought you were assuming that ka-master wasnt as good or something... sorry they were rude and jumped to conclusions.

They are right though that you shoulda checked FC's results before saying that though >.>.
Also that Ka-m is ranked higher in WA than SW who got 7th... so I think that they were mildly offended because of how long that WA has been saying we had the best luigi.

Edit: Oh yea, Ken, our train ended up being 6 hours late and smelling like crap because of toilet backage and we were stopped multiple times for like a half hour, with our DS's gone on top of all of that... great trip huh? ^^; Thanks for helping Otto out with that $40, now he just needs to get a job so he can buy stuff xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom