• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OC3 Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiaflu

Smash Rookie
Hi JustPho,

It's YOUR job to prove to me you didn't scam people, not my job to prove you did. How about you research prices online and get back to me :)
Actually, in the US legal system, burden of proof falls upon the prosecutors to cast reasonable doubt on the defenders. So yes, it would be your job to *prove* whether or not they scammed people.

But in either case, I'm kinda glad I didn't go... oh, the drama!

Miharu

Smash Hero
Here's the paradox of smash tournies goers:

We want the best, but expect to pay the least.
We want the venue to be clean, but unwilling to pick up after ourselves.
We want tournament to be in order and ran smoothly, but unwilling to cooperate and listen.
We want more friendlies time, but unwilling to bring TVs and equipments (except for San Diegans).
We expect everything from our hosts, but refuse to give them much incentives to host.

It's tough to be a good host. Please understand.
That's what really irritates me.

I make sure to throw trash away in the trash cans, and not just anywhere (the ground comes to mind.) If I could have brought TVs, I would have, but I was flying, so I brought my cube instead. However, to be fair, they promised some stuff, and promises weren't kept. I don't think a lot of people would mind if it hadn't been explicitly stated at the start of oc3 what was going to happen and what wasn't, but a lot of the rules, regulations, and the especially the schedule were never properly explained.

I just have to say, some people were being real ***** about playing friendlies while pools needed to be finished. Being good at SSBM does not allow you to ****ing take a TV and do whatever you ****ing please with it while 8 other people need that TV to complete their pool on time. I don't think I need to call out people for that, you know who you are.

I thanked the hosts and staff when I could, just to not seem like an arrogant asswipe. And I still can't thank Arash enough for picking up and sending us back to the airport, and stopping for food along the way.

Actually, in the US legal system, burden of proof falls upon the prosecutors to cast reasonable doubt on the defenders. So yes, it would be your job to *prove* whether or not they scammed people.

Yes, thanks for contributing.

chillindude829

Smash Master
jiaflu, I'm not suing anyone, what does the US legal system have to do with this? It's not like I can magically summon the receipts or know exactly how much OC staff spent, so it's up to them to show me those things.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
**** TacoHead. That scared little *****.

I like your post Forward. Even though you rejected my friendly match request at NCB..... I used to get pissed off a lot too.

I support the OC3 crew. I believe they were seriously ripped off. And wtf, the owner of the venue gets pissed off even though YOU are paying him/her? I woulda punched him.

Gimpyfish! NOOOOOO!!!! I wish I could have been at OC3 to line up for a game with you. Same goes for BS and Disc.

lol why not bring CaptainJack to all the fun?

nublet06

Smash Lord
on a lighter note. this is how i spent my time when we all had to wait before we could come back on friday.

we went to target and i did a few things.

i 4 stocked BoA's marth with my falcon

and i played with my fuzzy ROFL balls

jiaflu

Smash Rookie
jiaflu, I'm not suing anyone, what does the US legal system have to do with this? It's not like I can magically summon the receipts or know exactly how much OC staff spent, so it's up to them to show me those things.
No, you're right on all counts. But from a 3rd party's point of view, it seems like a huge witch hunt. But the point of the matter is that people have been automatically presuming "Guilt" rather than proving it.

Since I have no personal interest in the actually tournament, or where the money from the tournament went (and I'll be the one of the first to admit that figures do seem shady), I just think that the tournament hosts are taking an incredible amount of heat for something they might not have done, that's all. If I ran a bad tournament, sure, I can take criticism for running it poorly, but calling me a scammer would be pretty slanderous.

-edit-
FalseFalco says it more succintly that I do =P

pockyD

Smash Legend

in the US legal system the organizers would have been forced to provide all their receipts for their expenses and stuff first

then the "prosecution" can make their case

so yes, it is up to the directors to provide this information; not "officially" defending themselves but providing the proof that would potentially liberate them

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Anyone who does Falcon's knee in real life in public... is freakin' awesome...

Miharu

Smash Hero
No, you're right on all counts. But from a 3rd party's point of view, it seems like a huge witch hunt. But the point of the matter is that people have been automatically presuming "Guilt" rather than proving it.

Since I have no personal interest in the actually tournament, or where the money from the tournament went (and I'll be the one of the first to admit that figures do seem shady), I just think that the tournament hosts are taking an incredible amount of heat for something they might not have done, that's all. If I ran a bad tournament, sure, I can take criticism for running it poorly, but calling me a scammer would be pretty slanderous.

-edit-
FalseFalco says it more succintly that I do =P
Mm yeah.

I just think a lot of stuff would be settled if Ken or Mana said something, since honestly, nobody else's word is worth much at this point.

zeta

Smash Journeyman
oc3 worth every penny.

i had a great time at the tournament so thanks to everyone that ran/help run the tournament.

I got to hang out/play with the best smashers from around the nation. i can't count how many new tips and tricks i picked up at this tournament. that alone is worth the trip.

any who DBR great seeing you guys again you guys are too good.

pc chris you the man.

everyone else i played/talk to gg.

peace

oh yeah everyone come to evo world in las vegas

chillindude829

Smash Master
FalseFalco please see my previous post.

And to be honest I do assume guilty until proven innocent becase Manacloud has an extensive history of being a greedy liar.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I too am coming from the 3rd person perspective, but I agree with Chillin on most of these accounts. It just seems far too unrealistic. Perhaps they SHOULD post their receipts as to get rid of the confusion, and it would ease the so called "drama".

Might I suggest however, if OC4 is attempted, that you guys find a different venue and sources of food, because Plank is right when it comes down to the food. Food could have been provided MUCH MUCH cheaper. Hell, when I host tournaments, it's inside a LAN center, and we have a cafe here. I just let the smashers purchase what they want from them (I'm talking 2$ angus burgers and rib sandwhiches, as well as American Buffalo and Papa Johns right next to our building, barely a 1 minute walk from our door)

Perhaps better research should go in to hosting the next one. And what's the deal on the owner getting pissed off? If you're seriously paying him 6k$, he needs to shut the **** up, especially if he is only renting out that small portion of the warehouse. (From the pictures, it looked smaller than I thought it would've been.)

Also, be sure to ask the community to bring some stuff next time, the power cords imo, were going too far. Most people own these and wouldn't have a problem bringing them as long as they were labeled with their names. Plain in simple.

Does someone have a picture of the final art for the shirt? I saw one of the drawings but it was only colored in for like Peach and a couple other chars.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Why hasn't Ken OR ManaCloud said anything about money? I don't know why but I have a feeling that there are two possibilities:

1)they were ripped off.
2)THEY ripped off.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Wait. There's some hidden message in that picture mana drew. Can you see it?

There's some large lettering in the background if you look closely.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Whoa... I tried to add a reply, and SWF tried to make me quote someone lol.

Anyways.

Yeah that picture is badass, very nice artwork, but the lettering in the background is (most likely) there so noone can steal the image and claim it as their own. (Because you can't edit that lettering out without having the original file, which is on mana's PC) It's a safety is all it is. :)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Nice picture.

Forward judging by your great shoutout post I wish I could have been there to hear your speech. I wish I had gotten to play you once. Ah well, take care. Giving your controller to BS is what I would have tried to do in your situation, too. Good **** my man.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If only mana's tourny housting skills were as good as his drawing skills LOL *runs*
Please don't make posts like this setting up for future manacloud burns. It is hard to resist any opening this wide even if you LIKE the other person.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Wow on the smash drama.
innocence until proven guilty lol, thats why we are in USA
Manacloud and ken are being bashed to much, they were good hosts, and they deserve much praise as i doubt any of you would want to put up with yourselves.
@chillindude
............................chill
bombsoldier was a great privelege to have
as for the prizes, it doesnt concern you noobs as you werent the ones who won, or could win for that matter and the prizes are not worth as much as actually being number one
if you smashers were more civilized, the tourney would be run more smoothly, as most of the time was lost from the pools because of you noobs wanting to play friendlys and not moving when some people told you to

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Wait... $824 for gas?

Assuming you chose the highest possible gas price, $3.37 per gallon, that means you bought 244.5 gallons of gas.

Let's assume you get something terrible like 12 mpg in the city.

I refuse to believe the OC3 staff drove 2934 miles in a 3-day span. To prove a point, I mapquested my house to OC3, literally the entire span of the US, and it came out to:

Did you guys pick up Mike Monkey from Canada? Because if not you didn't spend $824 on gas.
Lol. Yeah, that price is bull****

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Wow!! Chillin..... Just.......... Wow!! First it was "They are making a huge profit off this" and now it's "they're losing less money than they're telling us." Wow.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Wow on the smash drama.
innocence until proven guilty lol, thats why we are in USA
Manacloud and ken are being bashed to much, they were good hosts, and they deserve much praise as i doubt any of you would want to put up with yourselves.
@chillindude
............................chill
bombsoldier was a great privelege to have
as for the prizes, it doesnt concern you noobs as you werent the ones who won, or could win for that matter and the prizes are not worth as much as actually being number one
if you smashers were more civilized, the tourney would be run more smoothly, as most of the time was lost from the pools because of you noobs wanting to play friendlys and not moving when some people told you to
Way to be a ****ing hypocrite. You weren't there; you really don't know what you're talking about. I don't appreciate bull**** generalizations.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I thought Husband and Chillin were coming :(
I wanted to meet Husband and ask for Marth training (No offense to you, Ken! <3 ), and I really like Chillin's Fox.

<3
rickety

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I thought Husband and Chillin were coming :(
I wanted to meet Husband and ask for Marth training (No offense to you, Ken! <3 ), and I really like Chillin's Fox.

<3
rickety
I use Marth too! Let's play sometime, ya?

samdaballer

Smash Ace
man im really antsy for those tourney vids, how much longer do u think till its on getyourtournament.com?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Well, finally back to Colorado and finally able to do some proper shouts

Arash - Very good job, thanks for the rides to showers and stuff and sorry for all the mess pool 5 basically caused, although it wasn't really any of our faults it became a one of the only problems in singles bracket I guess.

Ken - Good tournament and good job on your placings, although the venue was really weird to sleep on. Also did you play YangFuShang from CO in a Marth ditto? He is a Marth ditto pro =O

PC Chris - Seriously, Fox is just ridiculous.

Mew2King - Good **** Jason, fastest Marth in the universe, taking out 4 people from Ken's super crew was just insane.

Forward - Great speech, great matches, you're just great, we'll miss you.

Wobbles - Good matches, I just need to find better ways to cheap your *** with Fox

Aesis - **** good Sheik, just wait until I get that moonwalk downsmash popularized

HugS - Those jabs...too fast >_< very awesome job in almost taking out Ken

Gimpyfish - "Man I suck" *survives* "Nevermind I'm good!" omg, Bowser is too good. GGs.

Lunaris - You beat DSF!!!!!!!! GOOD ****!!! Fun playing you when you were in CO, and having to buy another car on your way here must be alot of trouble. Amazing Falco.

Romeo - Bleh, sorry to have you taken out of brackets even though you won the tiebreaker against me. Nice Falcon though.

Zelgadis - Your Fox thinks =(

King - Nice job on getting 1st in doubles, and also almost beating Ken.

Isai - is too good. Your Falcon is so fast its mindblowing.

Utah - GGs

Oklahoma - Didn't get to play you guys =(

Chester01 - **** man I choked, good job though.

Eddie - You just had to go Fox against me T_T

PKMvodka - Mad DK.

the Mike from popsicle patrol - I can't get out of those downsmashes >_< very good.

Chu Dat - Very nice on 3rd in singles, man ICs is so fast and so scary with those go****ed chaingrabs, very cool that I played you in pools :)

Bombsoldier and Disk - Very nice. Thanks for letting us take a picture with you guys.

DBR - Very good ****. Colorado ate dinner with DBR :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: also thnaks for the pics.

Omar - Very good, thanks for pics.

Drephen - All this ***** do is grab. You have such a good Sheik.

Nation - Nice Kirby! Just don't attack me when we're playing doubles ok? :laugh:

Zoap - Almost forgot you, VERY GOOD, and it looks like I've improved since when you were back in CO =D

Arizona - Just wait ti'll Colorado moves into first of the 4 corner states :laugh:

Colorado - Lets just own.

Everybody else - Good games

Again, massive thanks to Arash, and to the people who gave us their showers. Amazing tournament, amazing matches, amazing cheap tactics. I didn't get to play people with pokemans though, wait ti'll I get my WiFi and I'll give you a good match =D

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
so isn't someone of ther crew supposed to reply to all what Chillin said with something like:

"yes we did spend that much on tables, tv's, gas, medals, etc even though you said we didn't... and we might have done it more expensive then you did blablasomething"?

and did ken and mana ever deny to make money off this stuff? because if they did not you can't really blame them can you >_>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom