• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS To Be Announced July 14th

Moose of the Law

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2019-9745-0500
As much as people are hoping that the Getmatsu leak isn't proven further, it looks like Shulk is the most likely to be revealed on Monday. Apparently some Xenoblade devs retweeted Nintendo's tweet of the character reveal. Remember, just because the newcomers are almost all shown, doesn't mean the Getmatsu leak is the rest of the roster. I'm hoping for a character we don't expect, but the most likely reveal is probably Shulk.

Moose of the Law

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2019-9745-0500
I am surprised. I called it though, why reveal it during EVO with a huge audience of people devoted to your game? Just reveal it early Monday when everyone is at work.
They probably wouldn't reveal it at EVO anyway. They had the opportunity to reveal a character at the end of the Smash Invitational but didn't. Then again, Pac Man was revealed after the Invitational in a small roundtable...

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Robin please. I want me a Tome-using Fire Emblem char. :D

Also, the access to every class as a Tactician would allow for versatility/an epic Final Smash. I can imagine him/her turning into every class in the game one-by-one and attacking.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
It's most probably Shulk.

Can't help for wanting it to be the reveal of the Masked Man along with Ness and Lucas returning as vets and they're having a massive emotional fight.

But yeah, it's probably Shulk.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Odd, we get lots of Smash news before the World Cup, and the day after the World Cup, we will be getting a huge news scoop!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox

I couldn't resist, sorry. I'm expecting either Shulk or Ridley. Shulk because of recent news, and Ridley because of how big of an event this is (:troll:).
I have thought Anthony would be a perfect candidate for Smash ever since the first time I saw him in Other M. It'd be fun to have a heavy weight character with a long ranged attacks.

PRoachND

Smash Rookie
Worst, most unlikely characters:

- Ryoto Hayami from Wave Race
- Mike Jones from Star Tropics
- Chef Peter Pepper from BurgerTime
- A Tetris piece
- The Cheer Squad from Ouendan
- A unicycle from Uniracers
- Dominic from Style Savvy

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Highly expecting this trailer to cover multiple characters, due to the length of the livestream.

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
At least it sounds like we have several new comers to look forward to. I think when the date got pushed back they realized they had to spread out the hype.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So it's a Character Reveal that Sakurai announced before the actual character reveal. So that means it has to be a really special character.

Not to be a fan-boy but.........MEWTWO CONFIRMED!!!!!!

EDIT: I just realized there's a countdown. Yeah. it's definitely someone special.

Last edited:

realmofthefigs

Smash Rookie
I sincerely don't think that the "bottom of the stash of videos" comment has anything to do with the amount of newcomers that are going to be in the final game, just the number that they'll tell us about before release. I'm hopeful.

Hell, even if we go only by the Gematsu leak and assume it's true (which many are doing after e3) whoever leaked that info somehow missed rosalina as a playable character...

I'm just saying that in the event that the leak is true, it does not by any means indicate that Chrom, Shulk and the Chorus Men are the only newcomers left in the game.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I just thought of an idea, Fox is getting beaten badly by Greninja and Mario, he calls for backup, Falco responds, and jumps into an Arwing, but we see another Arwing flying in front of Falco, the Arwing lands, and the cockpit opens up, a shadow jumps out, and when the shadow lands, we hear the sound of a collapsible staff retracting, and the camera pans up to reveal everyone's favorite vixen, as "Krystal, the telepath joins the battle" throughout the trailer, Krystal uses her staff powers, (Ice Blast, Fire Blaster, Ground Quake, Rocket Boost, and standard melee moves), the trailer ends after Krystal unleashes a Super Ground Quake, that obliterates everyone

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Could it possibly be a trailer between a long requested vet to return and an enitrely new fighter? Exp Captain Falcon vs Shulk, Mewtwo vs Ridley (this pleases the internet I think)

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Everyone at IGN thinks it will be Shulk which is possible. I believe that there will be one more character trailer after this one announcing someone like Ridley or K rool. This I feel is Chrom or Shulk who I really don't have an opinion on.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

New challengers for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS have historically come with no warning - Most of the time these announcements have been sudden updates on the official website. With the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS coming shortly, Sakurai has announced that a new challenger intro will be livestreamed on July 14th on the official Smash Bros. website. The video will be approximately 3 minutes long.

With even a countdown already being posted down below, it's hard not to expect anything special out of this.

This livestream will be presented at:

July 14th at 7 Pacific / 10 AM Eastern / 3 M UK / 4 PM CET

So, who do you think it will be? What newcomer will appear? Let us know in the comments below!

Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Game Collector, Musician, Gamer, and Smash Fanatic at heart. He's a friendly guy too. He can be reached on Twitter: @Thirdkoopa
I understand sakurai it's surprising but jesus christ man a countdown? i hope this character your revealing better live up to the suspense

Top Bottom