• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS To Be Announced July 14th

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What the heck Sakurai? Just, nonchalantly announce a new character?!!

:laugh: This is great! :laugh:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven as Smash Run enemy.
The Chorus Kids/Men are from Rhythm Heaven.
There are 3 Chorus Kids/Men.
Video is 3 minutes long.
CHORUS MEN CONFIRMED

-I honestly don't really care who is revealed.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I'm kind of hoping no more newcomers are confirmed until they bring back Ness, Capt. Falcon, and Jigglypuff...Doesn't anyone else want them back :'(

Last edited:

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
I say it's Chrom, which I was absolutely love. If it is, I think Link will be pushed back to my #2.

EDIT: Even Shulk would make me push Link to #2. So yeah, there's that.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Any other update on Smashboards homepage: 50 comments in 20 hours
Fighter related info on Smashboards homepage: over 100 comments in five hours

Shows what our priorities are. :p

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I just hope its any character that isnt part of the gematsu leak. Now I don't want to be the 200th person to say it's Ridley, but I hope its Ridley.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Looks like everyone's making predictions.

My money's on either Shulk or a character not mentioned in the Gematsu leaks.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
My friend, @Altern , and I were talking and she made a good point. The character is probably somebody who everybody is debating, or someone who isn't even on the fan's radar.

Sorry, but I don't think Shulk or Chrom have a big enough fanbase to call for a special announcement. I KNOW lots of people love them and I wouldn't mind having them in the least, but let's be honest... they just don't... (I think at least one will make it but not for THIS announcement.)

I believe it's either Ridley (Talked about more than ANY other potential candidate), or another 3rd partier. My guesses; Ryu, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, or a Castlevania representative.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I kinda want Shulk to be announced. But uh, my patience is like, already gone so IS IT MONDAY YET

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Based on tweets it's most likely Shulk.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

I couldn't resist, sorry. I'm expecting either Shulk or Ridley. Shulk because of recent news, and Ridley because of how big of an event this is (:troll:).

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Monodo Monday Is what it is guys stop posting silly requests when we all know it'll be Shulk who gets announced so How do you think the moveset will be? do you think it'll be possible that he will have customizable moves like Mii and Palutena? oh and there is a 98 percent chance That Palutna's Trailer was longer in the time wise by one second so its not the Biggest Trailer

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
My guess is on Shulk being revealed, mainly due to the fact that the director of Xenoblade and X retweeted Sakurai's announcement on twitter.

infomon

Smash Scientist
You know what smash doesn't need?

More guys with swords.

Give me a robot shark or a pirate on jetskis or something interesting!

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
I think a third Fire Emblem character would be cool and I'm not talking about Roy since he would be a veteran or Chrom and Lucina which would be better as Marth alternative costumes. Another blue haired swordsman/swordswoman would be boring personally. I think Tiki would be cool she has been in many of the FE games and has come into contact with Marth and Chrom. She could be a mage or wyvern rider(if you are playing awakening get the skills from these classes then change her back to Divine Dragon she becomes relentless) and Sakurai could come up with some creative and fun movesets just look at the good ol' Captain.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419

I couldn't resist, sorry. I'm expecting either Shulk or Ridley. Shulk because of recent news, and Ridley because of how big of an event this is (:troll:).
Sakurai is a huge troll so Ridley could definitely be in.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Tiki from Fire Emblem, Ridley from Metroid, Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong, Sceptile from Pokemon(I hope there is only six Pokemon max though), Tails or Knuckles or Amy or Dr. Robotnik from Sonic The Hedgehog, or Professor Layton from Professor Layton you know just for the lulz

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
While I think we all know we're getting something new out of this like Shulk or another Fire Emblem Character or something else, but what I'm wondering if it will be like the Greninja trailer and show off a veteran as well. I'm just wondering what that veteran might be. I can't think of any of a related series to be shown, unless for some reason they make ANOTHER pokemon...Looking forward to it though, I'm glad I am not working then.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
While I think we all know we're getting something new out of this like Shulk or another Fire Emblem Character or something else, but what I'm wondering if it will be like the Greninja trailer and show off a veteran as well. I'm just wondering what that veteran might be. I can't think of any of a related series to be shown, unless for some reason they make ANOTHER pokemon...Looking forward to it though, I'm glad I am not working then.
Honestly I think Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Sceptile, Lucario, and Greninja would be cool but god Sakurai please no more than 6

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
You have it backwards; Chrom is the one who would disappoint. Shulk is plenty more hype inducing than Chrom for most.
Oh well I just here Chroms name more often and I've never played a Fire Emblem game and or xenoblade game so neither character appeals to me.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
You guys talking about not having Captain Falcon/Ness announced already are driving me crazy. They're typically unlockables and therefore are typically not announced until after the game comes out. For Brawl they didn't get their character plages until after the release. Relax please.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Am I the only one who isn't looking forward to this? Don't get me wrong, I love seeing new characters, but can we get a newcomer who isn't Shulk, Chrom, or Chorus Men/Marshall to throw everyone off? It'll help shake up the game and the roster everyone's playing safe on
Other than Mewtwo, I personally would love it to be anyone but any characters from the Gematsu leak.

Top Bottom