• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS To Be Announced July 14th

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I wonder how hyped I would be if I played Fire Emblem.

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
I love all things Fire Emblem and when I saw Lucina, my mind exploded. Fire Emblem Hype:4marth::4myfriends::colorful:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
It was broadcasting at midnight in Australia, where I am, and I fell asleep. I'm literally going to cry.

Altern

Smash Cadet
I was hoping for Roy myself..... I was hoping for other results of this announcement but I'm sure I'll end up liking both characters anyways :-)

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Ummm Where's Roy?
Not gonna happen man. Roy is old school now. He was only in Melee to promote Fire Emblem 6. Marth stays around because he was the original Fire Emblem Mascot. I've always thought using other main characters from FE would be great like Hector or Ephraim, but they're old news now. So its gonna be newer characters. I am happy to see Robin in here.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So now that Smashboards isn't making me leave due to technical difficulties, this was a fantastic reveal! I guess Chrom only being final smash content was a little disappointing, but now that I think about it, if Lucina got confirmed, then there would be WAY too many swordsman. Robin makes perfect sense (and is an amazing one at that) because he's got a lot more than a sword).

Also, Captain Falcon makes sense because someone pointed out it was 14th anniversary I think.

Not gonna happen man. Roy is old school now. He was only in Melee to promote Fire Emblem 6. Marth stays around because he was the original Fire Emblem Mascot. I've always thought using other main characters from FE would be great like Hector or Ephraim, but they're old news now. So its gonna be newer characters. I am happy to see Robin in here.
Haven't they announced ENOUGH swordsman!?

Last edited:

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
So now that Smashboards isn't making me leave due to technical difficulties, this was a fantastic reveal! I guess Chrom only being final smash content was a little disappointing, but now that I think about it, if Lucina got confirmed, then there would be WAY too many swordsman. Robin makes perfect sense (and is an amazing one at that) because he's got a lot more than a sword).

Also, Captain Falcon makes sense because someone pointed out it was 14th anniversary I think.

Haven't they announced ENOUGH swordsman!?
Like I said, people want the "Main" lords. Also Hector ad Ephraim wield Axes and lances, they don't wield swords. So that was my idea behind using some of the different lords who use different gear. But again, they are long out dated in the world of Fire Emblem.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Like I said, people want the "Main" lords. Also Hector ad Ephraim wield Axes and lances, they don't wield swords. So that was my idea behind using some of the different lords who use different gear. But again, they are long out dated in the world of Fire Emblem.
Unfortunatly. :(

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunatly. :(
Yeah it really bums me out. They have so many options to use they could literally make "Super Smash Bros: Fire Emblem" haha! But they almost always bring the main "hero" of a franchise and very well known supporting characters. So we always see Marth because he was the iconic first FE character so he will almost always be there.

Roy was to promote 6.
Ike was to promote PoR.
Robin and Lucina are to promote Awakening, as well as add more female options to the Smash Roster.

Top Bottom