• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS To Be Announced July 14th

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
At first I was thinking Shulk, because the next Direct (in Japan) will be 3rd party based, but then I forgot that this was not a Direct and OMIGERSH IMSOWASIGHTED!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well this is hype. I should hibernate til Monday comes.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I hope it's not Krystal. :^)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This would have to be a real hype builder if Sakurai had to give it it's own trailer separate from the direct.

I'm saying Ridley, K. Rool, or one of the Gematsu Trio.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I would like to emphasize on the word "New" But maybe they will have some veterans too as a bonus hopefully.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
#MonadoMonday

Now it's Shulk time!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I still don't believe in that character leak. We'll just have to wait and see.

I hope it's a character that we wouldn't expect again.

Pokemon Z RPG

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZRPGHD
3DS FC
0602-6462-1864
I'm really up to having most possible newcomers, but just please NO RIDLEY. :p

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Bottom of the stack of videos made.... Does that mean there could be newcomers that either don't get a video, don't have one yet, or we could get multiple characters in a single video? There should be secret characters.. Come on..

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
You have it backwards; Chrom is the one who would disappoint. Shulk is plenty more hype inducing than Chrom for most.
I don't think that's very fair. Every character has their own fanbases and it's hard to say which has more "hype" than the other. The newcomer could be anyone, realistically, this is Sakurai.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I know people are going to hate this but with this much emphasis put on it, it almost sounds like a third party character.

Then again it could be Mewtwo. It has to be a character with a lot of hype as Sakurai and Smash Bros would not be putting this much focus on it.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that's very fair. Every character has their own fanbases and it's hard to say which has more "hype" than the other. The newcomer could be anyone, realistically, this is Sakurai.
Fair enough. Chrom does have quite a large amount of vocal people who despise him simply for not being another character though. I have no problem with him, but I know many others that do.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
"Nearing the bottom of the stash" so we must be getting close to the end of new challengers.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You guys don't understand this is a HUGE game changer. At this rate we could get all 3 of the last Gematsu characters BEFORE the game releases.
Just curious, how is this a game changer? If anything, we already know who's coming. Not sure what changes.

A game changer for me would be anyone outside the Gematsu being announced. Am I missing something?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This is going to get the newcomer Support Threads booming.

The war of July 14th, many were slaughtered, some were given no mercy.

But one thing is for sure, we are getting a new character.

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Guys, this is what the video will be: slow build up with Metroid theme playing in background, then Ridley's theme starts playing, and then finally cut to the Pyrosphere stage in CGI where Ridley swoops in for an attack and smacks Samus across the stage, and then with no hope in sight "Anthony Higgs Saves the Day!" and zaps Ridley who then flies away...then cut to gameplay footage where Anthony gets a Smash Ball powerup for defeating the stage boss...then cut back to CGI where Anthony blows Ridley to kingdom come!

Robin127

Smash Rookie
Thinking it'll be Chrom. Hopefully he has a move set like Roy and Marth did in Melee

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, how is this a game changer? If anything, we already know who's coming. Not sure what changes.

A game changer for me would be anyone outside the Gematsu being announced. Am I missing something?
I hope we don't know all of what's coming. If the only newcomers remaining are all listed on that gematsu leak, I'll be very disappointed.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Guys, this is what the video will be: slow build up with Metroid theme playing in background, then Ridley's theme starts playing, and then finally cut to the Pyrosphere stage in CGI where Ridley swoops in for an attack and smacks Samus across the stage, and then with no hope in sight "Anthony Higgs Saves the Day!" and zaps Ridley who then flies away...then cut to gameplay footage where Anthony gets a Smash Ball powerup for defeating the stage boss...then cut back to CGI where Anthony blows Ridley to kingdom come!
Hahahaha....no I don't think Sakurai would be that mean

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
This is new... I like it. It seems like a pretty big deal to merit a livestream. Hopefully whoever is announced lives up to the hype.

Top Bottom