• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS To Be Announced July 14th

TripleDeluxe

Smash Rookie
NNID
IkeClimbers
3DS FC
2294-4644-5316
I know they are better places to ask, but I couldn't think of any. If anybody wants to 1v1 race on Mario Kart 8, just reply to this, or chat with me. I'll be picking one person. Thanks :)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'd love it if it was a character we didn't expect with a leak character in a double sort of trailer (like greninja's.)

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first newcomer that had its own pre-announcement....It must be a special newcomer then, right? To me, the only newcomers that fit are Mewtwo and Ridley...and I don't even support Ridley. Does Shulk really have that hype-power that would make Sakurai come out and do this?

Initially I was super-hyped, but now I'm just going to settle that it's Shulk. Sigh.

please be mewtwo

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Im hoping for Tetra from Wind Waker or Kumatora from Mother 3 aka Earthbound 2

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first newcomer that had its own pre-announcement....It must be a special newcomer then, right? To me, the only newcomers that fit are Mewtwo and Ridley...and I don't even support Ridley. Does Shulk really have that hype-power that would make Sakurai come out and do this?

Initially I was super-hyped, but now I'm just going to settle that it's Shulk. Sigh.

please be mewtwo
Mewtwo is a Veteran

Last edited:

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
I think Sakurai is going to reveal a newcomer montly ultil Smash 3DS comes out. Think about it, Shulk for July, Chrom for August and Chorus Men for September.

(And yeah, I believe the Gematsu leak is legit as f*** after knowing why Greninja was chosen)

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Guys, it just hit me! We might be getting Dark Pit on Monday. Now, it does seem as if it is logical to reveal Shulk due to the events going on (I assume you guys know about these). However, we must all know that Sakurai is very unpredictable. Now, the Palutena trailer basically hints at Dark Pit being playable. He was at the end of the trailer because it is meant to make us speculate. This announcement of a reveal tomorrow , I believe, is the perfect time to conclude the story: Dark Pit is hinted at in a previous character trailer, thus concluding his appearance on the roster through this livestream. Feel free to share your thoughts. I could end up being wrong, for this is speculation.

Last edited:

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
My money is on Shulk, less on Chrom since he's more or less "expected", though I personally don't think we'll see 3 swordsmen from the same franchise on the roster.

Though the fact this is it's own special event might mean it's a character out of left field.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Guys, it just hit me! We might be getting Dark Pit on Monday. Now, it does seem as if it is logical to reveal Shulk due to the events going on (I assume you guys know about these). However, we must all know that Sakurai is very unpredictable. Now, the Palutena trailer basically hints at Dark Pit being playable. He was at the end of the trailer because it is meant to make us speculate. This announcement of a reveal tomorrow , I believe, is the perfect time to conclude the story: Dark Pit is hinted at in a previous character trailer, thus concluding his appearance on the roster through this livestream. Feel free to share your thoughts. I could end up being wrong, for this is speculation.
I don't want a clone pit

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
The only reason I agree with this is because of Brawl. In Brawl, there was an alternate costume for Dark Pit on Pit. While Pitoo is his own character in Uprising, I think he'll just show up as a recolor again. Also, it makes me feel weird to think Pitoo will get a pre-announced trailer. So I'm thinking it will be somebody else than Dark Pit and see him as an alt coming in. Maybe even an alt with a voice change, since that's clearly possible with the Wii Fit Trainers. :)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm hoping for new character i don't like leaks to be right
Hey, it just may be another secret character the insider is unaware of similar to Rosalina.

If it isn't those three, I'd like to see Dixie Kong or Sceptile.

But honestly, I want Hades. The roster is lacking villains and another female would be nice so having Medusa is killing two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Okay, also everyone saying "I hope it's someone we don't expect so the Gematsu leak is wrong" maybe next time don't follow the leaks so that you can be surprised or excited about who's announced instead of being down about already knowing the roster. You are your own worst enemy I think.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Okay, also everyone saying "I hope it's someone we don't expect so the Gematsu leak is wrong" maybe next time don't follow the leaks so that you can be surprised or excited about who's announced instead of being down about already knowing the roster. You are your own worst enemy I think.
No, it's because people who are Gematsu believers only believe in that roster and anything beyond it is blasphemy.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
No, it's because people who are Gematsu believers only believe in that roster and anything beyond it is blasphemy.
Not at all true. I'm a direct contradiction.

NNID
Majorasmask66
i doubt it will be a super special reveal. it will be another epic newcomer reveal like the rest. its just with the game coming out in 2 months, they cant rely on nintendo directs anymore.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Hey, it just may be another secret character the insider is unaware of similar to Rosalina.

If it isn't those three, I'd like to see Dixie Kong or Sceptile.

But honestly, I want Hades. The roster is lacking villains and another female would be nice so having Medusa is killing two birds with one stone.
YES! HADES...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm hoping Wario + Chorus Men, but likely it's gonna be Shulk.

Top Bottom