• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm kind of sad about Ness in a way - Ness being confirmed means clones are essentially confirmed. Lucas's moveset barely differs from Ness's, they are similar enough I'd definitely call them clones. I mean, Lucas's A moves are different but if both Lucas and Ness were going to be in, why not give Lucas a completely different set of specials? After all, its not like Lucas actually did any of those moves in the actual Mother 3 game, so why not give him unique moves different from Ness and more similar to the moves he actually did in his game?
Because Lucas and Ness only know two attack spells between them?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
So they ARE watching, how else would they know to remove the icons? I wonder what tonight's update will be :rolleyes:
By the way, credit does NOT go to Edible on GameFaqs. This was fron 2Chan.
I HATE when people take credit for other's work. Here's the original posting.

http://translate.google.com/transla...net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200849421/800-1001

Notice the file names of the images: iup542612bd3 and vip439380np6
This are filenames given by uploda.net and vipper.net which are Japanese imagehosting sites used by members on 2Chan.

2Chan => Gamefaqs => Smashboards

Nintendo notice it was on 2Chan, not because it was on a US site (gamefaqs/smashboards). Don't think this mean Nintendo is looking at our sites.
Read the last sentence of my post again.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
This is the greatest news I've heard yet. Ness returns with a brand new moveset?! That does look a lot like Lucario, a bit purple, ah whatever it looks exactly like him. :/

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Theres hidden frames people!

me and my freind just tested, pausing it youll see it! right before 4:21 is the pokemon but still at 4:20

if you watch the movie, you wont see it! you have to pause it

master_link12

Smash Cadet
cool find, if this is a real leak I guess that basically confirms the return of clones (here´s hoping for falco:))

CO18

Smash Hero
it could be that they are just stickers NOT playable characters!! Don't get YOUR hopes UP!!!
Those are playable characters man. you can even see in the dojo update where it talks about stickers being for specific people, and ddd, kirby, and mk were in the bottom right.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm kind of sad about Ness in a way - Ness being confirmed means clones are essentially confirmed. Lucas's moveset barely differs from Ness's, they are similar enough I'd definitely call them clones. I mean, Lucas's A moves are different but if both Lucas and Ness were going to be in, why not give Lucas a completely different set of specials? After all, its not like Lucas actually did any of those moves in the actual Mother 3 game, so why not give him unique moves different from Ness and more similar to the moves he actually did in his game?
Yeah, Ness coming back--especially with the advent of Lucas taking his moveset, both Special Moves and a few notable regular attacks (DTilt, FAir, FSmash have been confirmed so far)--really irks me. Seems like a waste of space on the roster.

I don't believe this deconfirms anybody. After all, you may only see the faces of characters you've unlocked. *Still hopes for Claus*
I wish. :(

This is the greatest news I've heard yet. Ness returns with a brand new moveset?! That does look a lot like Lucario, a bit purple, ah whatever it looks exactly like him. :/
Whoa-whoa-whoa. NO ONE said Ness was coming back with a brand new moveset. For all we know, it's the same effing character as Melee with a slightly touched-up character model.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is not disconfirmed.

1. He could have just not been unlocked yet when the video was shot.
2. He is a villain, and thus is not playable in SSE. Since you can only use stickers on characters that you play as in SSE, Mewtwo cannot receive any stickers.
3. His face is edited out of the picture, which this seems to suggest:

See the weird, empty but grayish area by Jigglypuff? Mewtwo's head could've been there and been edited out, but this is unlikely as they would probably have edited Jiggs and Lucario out as well.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sakurai is a god**** ****tard CONFIRMED!

Way to ruin my morning.
One waste of time, one overrated character replacing an underrated character and one character who doesn't belong into Smash in the first place and is a thousand times more overrated than the previous one.

If all this is true, my pessimism is confirmed and Sakurai is just a ****** who got lucky in the past and will make Brawl suck.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Whoa-whoa-whoa. NO ONE said Ness was coming back with a brand new moveset. For all we know, it's the same effing character as Melee with a slightly touched-up character model.
Now that I recall...that "no clones in brawl" rumor was said to be false. Excuse my previous comment. But, what a shame that clones might return. :/

Cless

Smash Champion
Why are clones bad again? I only have to point in the direction of Ryu and Ken to say that they are awesome. Besides, they're gonna play completely differently.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

Way to ruin my morning.
One waste of time, one overrated character replacing an underrated character and one character who doesn't belong into Smash in the first place and is a thousand times more overrated than the previous one.

If all this is true, my pessimism is confirmed and Sakurai is just a ****** who got lucky in the past and will make Brawl suck.
...because Lucario (widely expected to be in) and Jigglypuff (two-time veteran) are in? Give me a break.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
2. He is a villain, and thus is not playable in SSE. Since you can only use stickers on characters that you play as in SSE, Mewtwo cannot receive any stickers.
3. His face is edited out of the picture, which this seems to suggest:

See the weird, empty but grayish area by Jigglypuff? Mewtwo's head could've been there and been edited out, but this is unlikely as they would probably have edited Jiggs and Lucario out as well.
Million dollar question: what does it say to the left of Pikachu? SHII (something). The last kana is illegible, but SHII on its own doesn't make much sense. ForteX claimed that this could be some extremely elaborate hack--which I doubt--but it certainly could be plausible. I would like some information on these kana just to verify...

Way to ruin my morning.

Yep, sounds about right. Sakurai's sanity disconfirmed. I feel your pessimism, don't worry.

Now that I recall...that "no clones in brawl" rumor was said to be false. Excuse my previous comment. But, what a shame that clones might return. :/
Eh, not your fault. Sucks a ton, though.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Fawriel, didn't you support WW link? The Leakers who sayd about this confirmed WW link to be Playable.

Also, Quoting Vertitude so everyone reads it:

Cless

Smash Champion
Million dollar question: what does it say to the left of Pikachu? SHII (something). The last kana is illegible, but SHII on its own doesn't make much sense. ForteX claimed that this could be some extremely elaborate hack--which I doubt--but it certainly could be plausible. I would like some information on these kana just to verify...
It says seal (shiiru), which is what the stickers are called in Japanese (seals). The kanji looks like sen something tsu. Can't read the furigana.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't know what people's beef is. At least for now. Maybe some beef later depending upon the final roster.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Has anyone actually tried watching a different users video? Cause yeah I easily see them in the one you linked too, but a lot of other users have that video too and I'm not seeing it on theirs.
Could this just be a really elaborate ruse?

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Now hold on there.

This may have been brought up already, I don't know, I didn't check.

But going by what this is all about, when you put the cursor over the sticker, the playable characters for that genre in the SSE supposively show up in the bottom right corner, right?

Well I paused it and clearly saw the Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness icons. I also paused it a little late and saw a Sonic icon, but no tails or knuckles. And then when they flip to the next page after that, theres a Klap Trap sticker, from DKC, so I paused it on that, and what's in the bottom right corner?

KING K ROOL!!!

Not for real though, there's nothing. No Donkey Kong, no Diddy Kong, and sadly, no K Rool.

But what does this mean?

I have no effing idea. If Groudon, those Mother characters, and Sonic all give you character icons, why not Klaptrap? Maybe they just show characters who can use the sticker? And if every character can use it, they don't show anything?

Who knows. All I know is if this whole thing turns out to be true, then wtf Sakurai? You took a unique moveset and character (Mewtwo) out of the game but kept the little boy who was replaced, thus adding a clone?

Fawriel

Smash Master
...because Lucario (widely expected to be in) and Jigglypuff (two-time veteran) are in? Give me a break.
No, I could easily have accepted that. Except...

@Fawriel, didn't you support WW link? The Leakers who sayd about this confirmed WW link to be Playable.

Also, Quoting Vertitude so everyone reads it:
I don't care.
What good is one fun character like him between the likes of Wold, ROB, Ness when we already have Lucas and no Mewtwo, no Ridley... and whatever else that abomination of a leaked roster claimed to be true.
Unless the game comes in a solid gold box I'm not sure if I can find myself enjoying it anymore. At least that's what I feel right now. I already got over a bunch of things. But this is the worst news to ever hit the boards.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Has anyone actually tried watching a different users video? Cause yeah I easily see them in the one you linked too, but a lot of other users have that video too and I'm not seeing it on theirs.
This was posted on Nintendo's Wii website until it was replaced by an edited one. It's pretty hard to believe that a video containing fake pictures would get onto official Wii site.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
It's シール ie, sticker... :)

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I saw the Lucario/Jiggs one when I went here. You have to pause it at the right time though. Couldn't get a good pause of Ness.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1

Top Bottom