• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Great find! I'd say this is definite confirmation of Lucario and Jiggs, deconfirmation of Mewtwo and Pichu, and confirmation of Ness, and deconfirmation of any other Earthbound characters. W00t!

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I don't care.
What good is one fun character like him between the likes of Wold, ROB, Ness when we already have Lucas and no Mewtwo, no Ridley... and whatever else that abomination of a leaked roster claimed to be true.
Unless the game comes in a solid gold box I'm not sure if I can find myself enjoying it anymore. At least that's what I feel right now. I already got over a bunch of things. But this is the worst news to ever hit the boards.
To say that you were overreacting would be an understatement.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
No, I could easily have accepted that. Except...

I don't care.
What good is one fun character like him between the likes of Wold, ROB, Ness when we already have Lucas and no Mewtwo, no Ridley... and whatever else that abomination of a leaked roster claimed to be true.
Unless the game comes in a solid gold box I'm not sure if I can find myself enjoying it anymore. At least that's what I feel right now. I already got over a bunch of things. But this is the worst news to ever hit the boards.
ChaosZero is the only leaker that you should be paying attention to as this corroborates his claims and his "prophecy" (the Dragoon item) actually came true.
He personally didn't say anything about ROB, Wold, Ridley or any of that.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hopefully Claus isn't a npc. I'll be interested in seeing how Ness is changed though, if he is in. Good leak/find. 2Chan represent. Ness makes a surprise comeback.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No, I could easily have accepted that. Except...

I don't care.
Summed it up quite nicely for me. I love me some Pit, Peach, and Lucas, but that's not saying much when you look at who just joined the fray. It doesn't seem worth it.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
This was posted on Nintendo's Wii website until it was replaced by an edited one. It's pretty hard to believe that a video containing fake pictures would get onto official Wii site.
I can find it on the Japanese website and cool. They do appear to be there. I like Lucario, though I didn't really want Jigglypuff or Ness back.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Igneous, they were there in the original on wii.com. Some people took it and posted it on YouTube, then the wii.com version got taken down, edited, and put back up without the heads. But I saw the heads on the original video on wii.com, they're legit.

Kokichi: Not so fast! Maybe they hadn't unlocked everyone yet. I'd say it doesn't deconfirm anyone ;)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Summed it up quite nicely for me. I love me some Pit, Peach, and Lucas, but that's not saying much when you look at who just joined the fray. It doesn't seem worth it.
Are you REALLY so distraught that a few characters have been confirmed? Are you like planning not to buy Brawl now or something?

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Fawriel:

You'll buy it and enjoy it aniway. I've whanted Ridley to be in the game since Smash 64 and i still enjoy the games.

Also, for the last time:

Mewtwo and Claus are not deconfirmed yet, the stickers can only be addedd to playable SE characters, MEwtwo and Claus could very well be Villains in SE, wich means you would probably not be able to use them in SE, wich means no Stickers could be used on them.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't think any characters can be deconfirmed by this, becuase the faces being shown are the characters that can equip the stickers. That's why some stickers in the dojo update didn't have any character's face on them.

Fawriel

Smash Master
ChaosZero is the only leaker that you should be paying attention to as this corroborates his claims and his "prophecy" (the Dragoon item) actually came true.
He personally didn't say anything about ROB, Wold, Ridley or any of that.
I sincerely hope you are correct. And yes, I may be overreacting. But only if the leakers are fake. I've been praying for a colorful roster full of characters bursting with life and personality, and these leaks are the exact opposite of that.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Fawriel is right. If this is the real roster, I'll forget about this game. Why is Sakurai letting lame chars like ROB in as PC, whereas solid chars like ridley, geno, krystal doesn't even make it?

EDIT: Also we have been waiting for so long for this piece of crap???

Shuma

Smash Hero
Posting again since this stupidity is spreading like wild fire:

Mewtwo and Claus are not deconfirmed yet, the stickers can only be addedd to playable SE characters, MEwtwo and Claus could very well be Villains in SE, wich means you would probably not be able to use them in SE, wich means no Stickers could be used on them.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Yo ho! Hi! Yo! I'm gonna spare you folks my introductary for new for I think I've seen something that may (or may not) of been mentioned yet...

Sorry for the bad quality... This computer has gone a bit werid recently...

REGARDLESS! You can see this at exactly 4:22 on the trailer prevoiuouosiously mentioned!

Whats this? Krystal eh? however this can mean nothing, since the sticker was not highlighted... but yet again...

OH YEAH! DUFFMAN!

bd43

Smash Cadet
Dedede isn't a villain in SSE?

I doubt that.

Yet he gets stickers.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I don' t understand just because they have there little heads down there how does it mean that they are characters.(help please)

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
They better give Ness new moves or I'll never play with Ness again. Not like I did that all too much to begin with, but whatever.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
great but sucks at the same time...

no Mewtwo makes no sense

and no Claus over Ness makes no sense...

other than that I guess the Dragoon prophet guy was right...

Ya that's what I don't get either.....If Ness is confirmed AGAIN then Claus will not be in the game and who the hell would want to see Lucerio or whatever his name is be in Brawl over Mewtwo. If you ask me I think it's bull$hit. Ness doesn't need to be in this game if we have Lucas. He has the same attacks pretty much. I don't wnt to see clones in Brawl....

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
@ Shuma

Its not much really, I noticed how Krystal has her own sticker as 4:22 of the trailer on the Japanese offical website. I guess this is her first real shoe into the game.

@ Everyone else whom cannot see the icons

Well...I can see them, anyone got any idea of who is the white icon?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Why is Sakurai letting lame chars like ROB in as PC, whereas solid chars like ridley, geno, krystal doesn't even make it?
Where are you getting the idea that ROB is confirmed while Ridley, Geno, and Krystal aren't?
The fact that this new info corroborates with some of the leakers' predictions doesn't mean that they are all suddenly credible.

The only somewhat credible leaker is ChaosZero because his super specific Dragoon prophecy seems too uncanny and unlikely to be a lucky guess. And he says nothing about ROB or the disconfirmation of Ridley/Krystal/etc.

KEEP YOUR HOPES UP! SAKURAI HASN'T FAILED US JUST YET!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
OH EM GEE OH EM GEE!!

Though Ness better not get in over Claus, and Mewtwo so needs to return!!

Anyone else is just a plus! Ridley, Geno, whoever! They'll just make Brawl even more fantastic! :laugh:

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice
I know I am new here but my I point out, its on a pokemon sticker and all of the other players are pokemon. Maybe that is not ness and jest pokemon trainer since he has a red hat.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man. I really do hope these guys are wrong. This list is the complete opposite of what everyone expects the Brawl roster to be.

sultanofsurreal

Smash Cadet
I noticed this, and I'm sure someone else has posted about it too, but here goes.

In the original video, a sticker is highlighted that has no one's face in the lower bar. Looks like an enemy from the DK series. This means one of two things:

1) there are useless stickers
2) characters who are not unlocked yet do not appear in the corner

This means that Mewtwo, etc. are not necessarily deconfirmed. They may not have been unlocked yet. Jigglypuff is probably relatively easy to unlock (as is tradition), and Lucario/Ness may be starters or are similarly easy to accidentally unlock in the course of normal play-testing. This could be why they appeared while other unlockables did not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I noticed this, and I'm sure someone else has posted about it too, but here goes.

In the original video, a sticker is highlighted that has no one's face in the lower bar. Looks like an enemy from the DK series. This means one of two things:

1) there are useless stickers
2) characters who are not unlocked yet do not appear in the corner

This means that Mewtwo, etc. are not necessarily deconfirmed. They may not have been unlocked yet. Jigglypuff is probably relatively easy to unlock (as is tradition), and Lucario/Ness may be starters or are similarly easy to accidentally unlock in the course of normal play-testing. This could be why they appeared while other unlockables did not.
With only 35 playable characters...they won't get in

bd43

Smash Cadet
Why would Lucario, Sonic, Jigglypuff, Ness/Lucas be unlocked if Mewtwo wasn't. I think everyone is unlocked.

Further, some stickers can be used on anyone, like Mona(Wario Ware) on Kirby on the website.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Well if thats the case, DK, Diddy, and K Rool are all deconfirmed. Nothing shows up when Klap Trap is highlighted.
Au contraire. Notice how there are stickers highlighted on the Dojo update that doesn't show anyone's face (for example Xananab, Joshua and Mona). I believe the reason why faces aren't on those stickers is because they're compatible with everyone, as would be the same case with Klap Trap. So Klap Trap can be used with anyone but the ones like Claus are only compatible with those whose faces show in the sticker's info.

bd43

Smash Cadet
And that 35 character thing seems less likely than Mewtwo being a playable character. We have 26 characters, with another likely revealed on that AC sticker. Ness wasn't thought to be returning by most, either. 1 more new character we don't know about? Ha. And to think it might be Wolf. . .

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait! I got this figured out!

Okie folks, for those who cannot see the stickers they seem to represent icons to whom they are compatable with, accordingly from their own series correct?

When the video highlights the Groudon sticker 4 icons are shown;

Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario (well its blue folks!) and a forth WHITE icon...I would assume this to be mewtwo.

For the Earthbound guy sticker only 2 icons are present, Ness then Lucas.

Its a shame...I didn't really want Ness, Lucario, Mewtwo to make it -_-

Oh yes...on 4:22 the page turns and Sonic is now on the left page....has anyone seen a blueish icon next to his own at the bottom? :p Or have I been squinting too long?

Top Bottom