• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Or it could just mean that those stickers can't be equipped by m2.

And the stickers that have no faces probably mean that everybody can equip it

bd43

Smash Cadet
How would the sticker be compatible to six different pokemon but not to Mewtwo?

Personally, I'd guess that due to the size and the exclusivity, but the small total, it boosts all their B moves and FSes. But until that small piece of text gets translated, we have little to go by.

And all signs point to Mewtwo would be able to use it if he were in the game.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
That's 28 Character's we have now.

So if we take away the 4 clones but leave in Falco and Ganondorf, then we now have our roster.

That seems a bit unlikely that that's the roster for Brawl. Something tells me that it's going to be much larger than this.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I believe that Ness, Lucario and Jiggly are in. I'm still stuck on the odd inclusions of Wolf and R.O.B. over so many other solid characters like Geno, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, Micahiah, etc.

I refuse to believe these two no matter how well respected they may be.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
mewtwo Not Deconfirmed. He May Just Have Not Been Unlocked On The Disc That Video Is Taken From.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@TheDuplexDuo

Read the Dojo! Some Styckers are restricted to some characters and some aren;t.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I wonder why Nintendo was stupid enough to post such a vid. Why didn't they even check?

bd43

Smash Cadet
This isn't from some random disc. If it's not a debug mode, then it's probably a cleared game.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
OH EM GEE OH EM GEE!!

Though Ness better not get in over Claus, and Mewtwo so needs to return!!

Anyone else is just a plus! Ridley, Geno, whoever! They'll just make Brawl even more fantastic! :laugh:
Agreed on both ultimatums. If Ness is in over Claus, I will have a personal vendetta to handle.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I too would prefer Claus over Ness, and my only Mother/Earthbound series history is what is said about them in the Smash Bros games.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Ok, there's the 23 characters on the dojo.

Add in the shoe-in veterans:
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Ness
Game and Watch
Young Link (You may not agree, I don't care.)
Marth
Falco (Makes sense whether you believe prophets or not.
Captain Falcon

That's 32.

35 means there's only 3 new characters we shouldn't know about (though we do know about Lucario.)
Do you really think there would only be 3 completely new hidden characters? We know E-LE-VEN already. The whole 35 character thing is ridiculous.

Considering we already know Lucario, 35 characters means we're only getting TWO of the following:
Bowser Jr./Geno
5th Zelda character
Mewtwo (Not even a new character!)
Ridley
Black Shadow
Wolf/Krystal
Micaiah
The Masked Man
3rd party
K. Rool
Ray
Isaac
AC character
Wars character
Retro/Obscure character

Mario only having 4 characters, being at best tied with Zelda and Pokemon? Not likely. Down to only one more character already!

Now, here's the real question: Do you believe that there will only be one more character from a list that contains: A 5th character for Nintendo's 2nd and 3rd best selling franchise, the most requested character worldwide who is a flying villain from a series with only one true character, a character from another series with only one character, a 3rd character from Starfox who had 2 very highly requested characters worldwide, a 3rd character from a series that grew and expanded well due to Melee, a 3rd MOTHER character who was at LEAST requested as much as Lucas and is also a villain, another 3rd party character, a 3rd character who is very popular villain from Nintendo's fourth best selling series, a character from one of at least 4 unrepresented Nintendo series, and another retro/obscure/WTF character?

No, and if you do, even if it is true, it is still poor judgement to believe it until it is proven.

More on topic: Claus and Mewtwo are not deconfirmed.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Well, they seem to be keeping original movesets, and there's the icon theory. G ampersand W is also very important to Nintendo's history.

Even if you don't agree with Young Link (Or WW Link, Toon Link, w/e you call him) you can surely agree with a 4th LoZ character. Just move Young Link down to the second list. It'll change the numbers slightly, but not significantly enough to harm my point.

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
I'm not considering Mewtwo and Claus as "deconfirmed" at the moment since we only see "good guys" in those sticker lists (Lucario/ Jiggs/ Pikachu/ PT and Ness/Lucas). Mewtwo and Claus will most likely play villainous roles in the Subspace Emissary and thus, will not be sticker-able. At least that's how I see it.

I will be sad if Lucario replaces Mewtwo ... Ganondorf can't be the only character to spin and laugh evilly!

kamekasu

Smash Ace

Million dollar question: what does it say to the left of Pikachu? SHII (something). The last kana is illegible, but SHII on its own doesn't make much sense. ForteX claimed that this could be some extremely elaborate hack--which I doubt--but it certainly could be plausible. I would like some information on these kana just to verify...
The katakana is far from illegible, haha. It says "Shiiru" or Seal, the Japanese term for Stickers in Brawl. I can't really make out the kanji, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was 混用 or こんよう. It seems the most logical choice as the furigana LOOKS kinda like konyou... Eh, it's a longshot at best. But I'm pretty konyou means combine. So a "combination sticker?" But it says that for the other stickers too.

Anyways... I found a link to the original video, and I think it should be added to to the original post: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfb2l-iYlRo

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
Even if you don't agree with Young Link (Or WW Link, Toon Link, w/e you call him) you can surely agree with a 4th LoZ character. .
i do agree with this, despite me not wanting there to be more than four characters from any franchise (aside from mario, of course). i guess toon link would be fitting in that case. i would be happier with link, zelda and ganon though... you know, the three wielders of the triforce =)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I say we roast Sakurai on a hot dog roaster if this turns out to be the real roster.

bd43

Smash Cadet
Dedede is probably a villian. Claus and Mewtwo being villians doesn't matter if Dedede is stickerable.

Top Bottom