• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Anyone think they uploaded the video with the faces on purpose? Give the fans just enough time to find it, and then once they did, change it back?

It's weird that we would see a video with the faces, and then an hour later, they're gone!

Mixx3

Smash Rookie
Awesome, and i mean about Nintento updating once more the vid. Wow the news travel fast! I guess they really didn't intended to put those characters out yet!

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
Nintendo reads this thread!

I wonder if I could get an internship with them doing that... Haha. That'd be pretty sweet.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
lol, I watch it and I saw it. Then when I went to watch it a second time a minute later. It's not there anymore.. wtf.. disappeared?

=]

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Well i just watched the wii video a few times and while it only appeared for a split second i saw the image with ness. I see three possibilites:

a) I've finally gone insane
b) one extremely skilled computer hacker is pulling off the most elaborate brawl hoax
c) this is legit and we have a leak with actual proof.

I so hope that this is c. I love Ness and Jigglypuff and its great to have them back in. Plus with the massive Lucario support out there, it makes sense for him to be given character status.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
:dance dance:

Jiggs was my 3rd main in Melee. I've always liked Ness more than Lucas, and Lucario was the character I've been hoping for since Brawl came out.

This is very good news for me.. we just need Geno and Marth(my main) and I'll be almost completely satisfied with the roster.

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
I don't think mewtwo is decomfirmed, i bet the player just hasn't unlocked mewtwo yet in the game. I think it would make sense that you'd reach him after lucario and jigglpuff in the storyline, right?

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
lol, I watch it and I saw it. Then when I went to watch it a second time a minute later. It's not there anymore.. wtf.. disappeared?

=]

G-X

Smash Apprentice
They didn't change the video. It's just really ****ty, and the framerate is never the same, so some frames (including the one with the Ness icon) are skipped sometime.

It's sometime during 4:21.

So, yeah, unless that's someone else with a red baseball cap (and we know it's not Pokemon Trainer; his icon was in the video as well), Ness confirmed.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
ok guys, i just watched it, and as you said, it's not their, but if you pause it and rewind and stuff, the aspect of the video changes a lil and you can see them.

i found it coz 1st time i watched it, i missed them, then clicked back, but instead of going back to the chibi robo trophy, i went back to where sonic is selected, and i could see his icon while it loaded, then it vanished as soon as it started changing frames, did it a few times, once the audio turned into screeches and all distorted, and i landed on the ness one, and his face was there, i didn't bother trying to get the pokemon one, as if ness was real, chances are lucario was too, and it was hard getting it to land right on that frame.

but yes, you can still trick it out of video.
i use firefox with noscript, i allowed wii.com scripts to play it, incase thats what let me see them.

grats ness fans, i never would have believed he was in if it wasn't for this.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here's what happened. There's probably a character for every series we don't know about, so when they first put up the video, they didn't care what stickers they showed, since they were going to hide all the faces anyway. Then, with the sticker update, they unblocked them. However, they soon realized what they did and went back to the old video.

The fact that they went back to the old video practically confirms it was real.

MSS

Smash Cadet
now if you just watch the video straight the faces won't show, but when I pause it at the right times they will pop in.

•Col•

Smash Champion
They didn't change the video... At least I don't think so... If you pause the screen at just the right time, then click play, the faces will appear... It worked for me anyway...

Anyway, cool! An actualy character confirmation leak!

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
I can still see the icons for Jiggly and Lucario if I pause and click the exact spot on the timeline, but they don't show up when playing the video. I even took my own screenshot of them for kicks, but I can't seem to get the timeline to the frame where Ness is shown. Are you guys positive that it's Ness? No one wants that more than I do, but the pictures I've seen are too small and blurry. It looks like it could also be someone with red hair, but I really want it to be Ness.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
Wow I thought it might of been photo shopped at first but then I went and stopped it at 4:20 and guys it true. I think it's hilarious that is was only on the screen for like half a second yet someone caught it. Good job guys. Looks like they slipped up in what they aloud to be shown. Well good for ness. Everyone, including myself took the phrasing on the dojo way too harsh but in our support that's all the info we got about him so it's no big deal. Curious as to whether or not this means he would get something like pk ground or love in his moveset hmmm. Yay for jiggs aswell, get to beat her to a pulp once again - this is a win for everyone. Lucario hmmm he was pretty bad *** in the new games. Hopes for a good original moveset. Also wasn't there another sticker with a unfamiliar character on there or was I just seeing things?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I knew Ness would make it in somehow. :D

I'm very happy right now, in a way words might not express.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
I can still see the icons for Jiggly and Lucario if I pause and click the exact spot on the timeline, but they don't show up when playing the video. I even took my own screenshot of them for kicks, but I can't seem to get the timeline to the frame where Ness is shown. Are you guys positive that it's Ness? No one wants that more than I do, but the pictures I've seen are too small and blurry. It looks like it could also be someone with red hair, but I really want it to be Ness.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/DinnerSonic/pt2/Ness4real.png
I took this picture myself just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
By the way, credit does NOT go to Edible on GameFaqs. This was fron 2Chan.
I HATE when people take credit for other's work. Here's the original posting.

http://translate.google.com/transla...net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200849421/800-1001

Notice the file names of the images: iup542612bd3 and vip439380np6
This are filenames given by uploda.net and vipper.net which are Japanese imagehosting sites used by members on 2Chan.

2Chan => Gamefaqs => Smashboards

Nintendo notice it was on 2Chan, not because it was on a US site (gamefaqs/smashboards). Don't think this mean Nintendo is looking at our sites.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Claus and Mewtwo aren't deconfirmed. If they aren't playable in SSE, they wouldn't be able to equip stickers.
I wish. I mean it's true if that were the case, but I'm really doubting it now.

While I worry about Mewtwo and Claus, the fact of them being villains and thus likely unplayable in SSE calms me. But, then again, that would mean that afterwards we can't go back through the levels a second time with whatever character we want, oh well.
I just give up. There's no point now.

CO18

Smash Hero
:grin::grin::grin:HHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA I AM SO HAPPY. REAL INFO! SAKURAI JUST NEEDS TO PUT IT IN THE DOJO NOW CUZ EVERYONE KNOWS.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I think that MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY people around here need to open their mouths and insert their foot.
So many people used "Until now" to disconfirm Ness. Well the Ness hopefuls turned out to be right all along. This flips everything upside down.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I really wanted Markman to be lying. The only one that actually sounded truthful was the dragoon leaker. Too bad. I just wanted one more 3rd party or some character that was unexpected and interesting.

Out of the list that corraborate with Markman and the rest of the 35 chars, 41 stages....the list is pretty lackluster. Meaning that the two people we dont know about is WW Link and R.O.B.

Thats kinda lame.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of sad about Ness in a way - Ness being confirmed means clones are essentially confirmed. Lucas's moveset barely differs from Ness's, they are similar enough I'd definitely call them clones. I mean, Lucas's A moves are different but if both Lucas and Ness were going to be in, why not give Lucas a completely different set of specials? After all, its not like Lucas actually did any of those moves in the actual Mother 3 game, so why not give him unique moves different from Ness and more similar to the moves he actually did in his game?

M.K

Level 55
So they ARE watching, how else would they know to remove the icons? I wonder what tonight's update will be :rolleyes:

Top Bottom