• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He's only ever honoured the anniversary of Smash games. And that was only recently too, so I don't know why we always obsess over them. I can't see Sakurai researching the dates of games just for a character reveal.
Peach was for SMB's anniversary. Little Mac was on the same month as the Punch Out anniversary, though that could merely be coincidental. But in general I agree, I doubt Sakurai goes neck deep in researching anniversaries for all the series, he'd probably rather make random reveals like Marth just to mess with us.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Peach was for SMB's anniversary. Little Mac was on the same month as the Punch Out anniversary, though that could merely be coincidental. But in general I agree, I doubt Sakurai goes neck deep in researching anniversaries for all the series, he'd probably rather make random reveals like Marth just to mess with us.
Sakurai never stated it was for Peach's anniversary though, it was just a coincidence, IMO.

A character being revealed on the same month shouldn't really count either. We can't expect a reveal because they had a game come out that month once upon a time. I don't think Sakurai thought to himself - oh, Punch Out!! came out in February, I should reveal him in Feb.

Anyway, it seems a silly thing to debate. Funny how we haven't learnt by now that Sakurai is basically a madman and his patterns very rarely line up.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sakurai never stated it was for Peach's anniversary though, it was just a coincidence, IMO.

A character being revealed on the same month shouldn't really count either. We can't expect a reveal because they had a game come out that month once upon a time. I don't think Sakurai thought to himself - oh, Punch Out!! came out in February, I should reveal him in Feb.

Anyway, it seems a silly thing to debate. Funny how we haven't learnt by now that Sakurai is basically a madman and his patterns very rarely line up.
...he is consistently a madman.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Since we are bound for a character soon, I'm guessing that the next pic will be dumb.

Staarih

Smash Master
Now wouldn't it be a shocker if we got a random character reveal straight up tomorrow! We're bound for one anyway soonish I'd say.

I do think this week will be interesting. If not only for the fact to see how the Year of Luigi ends and if they'll continue that with someone else, also around the 20th there seems to be lots of (well, some at least) hassle going on with game releases and stuff if I recall correctly. So we'll see! Hopefully some of that will correlate to Smash 4 as well in terms of reveals and the PotD's and other info!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Dear Smash Lords,

Let us receive this gift of Ness/Falcon in your name. We promise that for each of them, we will exclaim 'awesome' to the heavens.

We ask this in through Sakurai our Lord.

Amen.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You have to feel harder! When you need to change underpants, you know you have felt hard enough, and this, we will get our Falcon/Ness. :p

I also hope we'll get a better look at Palutena's Stage.
Only the Falcon can make me feel that hard-like.

We should get a reveal soon of a non-Yoshi character.
The ones I want the most, Captain Falcon, Ike, ZSS, Ganondorf, and, thanks to the debacle of Friday, Yoshi.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Only the Falcon can make me feel that hard-like.

We should get a reveal soon of a non-Yoshi character.
The ones I want the most, Captain Falcon, Ike, ZSS, Ganondorf, and, thanks to the debacle of Friday, Yoshi.
After seeing Marth, I really can't wait to see Ike.

And Pokemon Trainer too. I've wanted to see him for ages, and am really surprised he isn't revealed it. Maybe he's taking a while to develop.

EDIT: Hoorah! I'm a Smash Ace now.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
am i the only one who thinks he will never reveal falcon and ness cause there secret characters or do we expect sakurai to reveal everyone?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I fully expect to see something this week. While I did also hope for Yoshi last week, I didn't truly expect it, but I do expect something this week. If we get something for Island Tour, then we see Wario or Yoshi. There's a very slim possibility we see Snake on the 20th for his game (yes, even though it's going on another console, it'd be a good way to advertise him if he's in the game). If it's not those three, I expect a random veteran, someone along the lines of Ness, Lucas, Falcon, ZSS, or Ike.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
am i the only one who thinks he will never reveal falcon and ness cause there secret characters or do we expect sakurai to reveal everyone?
I'm still one of those few who think that all the characters revealed before game release will be starters, bar the newcomers and Direct reveals (Luigi and Sonic). Yes, so even Toon Link. But if we do get a reveal of Ganondorf or something before release, then my outlook and view of this would be ruined (as he is one of the most definite unlockables), haha!

Ness and Captain Falcon are interesting as they have changed their status between the games. But I could totally see them both as starters this time, more so Captain Falcon than Ness though (because of Lucas), so I could see them being revealed prior to release and I could still stick with my starter character theory haha!

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm still one of those few who think that all the characters revealed before game release will be starters, bar the newcomers and Direct reveals (Luigi and Sonic). Yes, so even Toon Link. But if we do get a reveal of Ganondorf or something before release, then my outlook and view of this would be ruined (as he is one of the most definite unlockables), haha!

Ness and Captain Falcon are interesting as they have changed their status between the games. But I could totally see them both as starters this time, more so Captain Falcon than Ness though (because of Lucas), so I could see them being revealed prior to release and I could still stick with my starter character theory haha!
The thing is, Sakurai outright said that he frankly doesn't care that he's revealing hidden characters. Like what he said when Luigi was revealed. "Usually we don't reveal him this early, but why not? It is the year of Luigi after all." Even though it was a special event, I don't think Sakurai truly cares that he's revealing hiddens.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
The thing is, Sakurai outright said that he frankly doesn't care that he's revealing hidden characters. Like what he said when Luigi was revealed. "Usually we don't reveal him this early, but why not? It is the year of Luigi after all." Even though it was a special event, I don't think Sakurai truly cares that he's revealing hiddens.
i personally think eventually he might do like brawl and do posts that have spoilers but put in miiverse it before u click it.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
That's true, and it's the most likely scenario that characters will be revealed regardless of them being secret or not. But for some reason I just like to stick with the idea that maybe they are, indeed, starters and things will be mixed up a bit (Toon Link as a starter is very intriguing). I guess we'll know sooner or later - at least at the point if he reveals someone who must be unlockable (basically Ganondorf, R.O.B., Mr. G&W, Wolf, Jigglypuff... and to a lesser extent Falco (as I could see him switched to a starter as well haha!).

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
You should probably put that pic in a spoiler.

That's true, and it's the most likely scenario that characters will be revealed regardless of them being secret or not. But for some reason I just like to stick with the idea that maybe they are, indeed, starters and things will be mixed up a bit (Toon Link as a starter is very intriguing). I guess we'll know sooner or later - at least at the point if he reveals someone who must be unlockable (basically Ganondorf, R.O.B., Mr. G&W, Wolf, Jigglypuff... and to a lesser extent Falco (as I could see him switched to a starter as well haha!).
We know must of them will return so it won't hurt to reveal them even if they are unlockable

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

The super mario bros. came out September 13, 1985 Peach was revealed September 12, 2013.

Seems silly to debate now dont it.:rotfl:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I expect that this week we get a nice reveal....
You know... something better than .... "Yoshi hype" ?

Like Metaknight or Final Destination.But I will not expect that much ... :/

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I expect that this week we get a nice reveal....
You know... something better than .... "Yoshi hype" ?

Like Metaknight or Final Destination.But I will not expect that much ... :/
Seriously? Of all the awesome stages that could be in the game, you want to see Final Destination? Come on.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Battlefield returning, it's almost guaranteed Final Destination is also returning. Anyway, I'm curious about how will its design be this time around. Maybe it will also have 2 designs, one per version like Battlefield.

I have a feeling we'll have a character reveal for this week and it will be an unexpected choice.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'd like to see another character before a stage. We just saw TWO stages last week on the 3DS. I think a character this week would be a character on Thursday or Friday.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I personally wanna see the rest of Villagers moveset that Sakurai hasn't shown us in Video's or pictures. Like if the fishing rod will be apart of Villagers moveset.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm pretty sure that since Yoshi hasn't been confirmed yet that there might be a big overhaul on his character.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As a Yoshi main since literally Smash was created, he doesnt really need many changes, only really needs a normal/fixed/etc shield and either a heavily buffed or possibly new side b that preferably gives Yoshi a better approaching option. Thats it really. Imo, Brawl Yoshi was a step in the right direction, but just fell short in just a few crucial areas, he really doesnt need that many changes to be a great character.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I would be down to see Final Destination. I'm very curious what the design will be in glorious HD, and even cooler would be if we got both the 3DS and Wii U versions in one day.

Staarih

Smash Master
Many people might find this dull and useless, but I would be happy to see a Kirby hat or alternate colour/costume picture soon. Guess I'll just predict those until we get one haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom