• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Has there ever been a character reveal that wasn't on Thursday or Friday?
Characters that are first revealed on the site have only been revealed on a Thursday or Friday (Olimar, Peach, Toon Link, Marth, Zelda, Dedede, Lucario, and Diddy). Luigi and Rosalina were shown on a Wednesday in a Nintendo Direct. Sonic was revealed on a Tuesday for a Direct, as was Little Mac on a Thursday.

The eight characters that have NOT been revealed via Nintendo Direct (so shown off on the site) have been reserved to Thursdays or Fridays. Whether or not that is a coincidence I don't know.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Nope. Monday's the only day where's there's never been a reveal. Thursday and Friday have had the most.
Sakurai: Have we ever released a character on a Monday?
Smash Developer: Uh, no sir.
Sakurai: Good, goooood. Then they'll never suspect a thing! Mwuhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Characters that are first revealed on the site have only been revealed on a Thursday or Friday (Olimar, Peach, Toon Link, Marth, Zelda, Dedede, Lucario, and Diddy). Luigi and Rosalina were shown on a Wednesday in a Nintendo Direct. Sonic was revealed on a Tuesday for a Direct, as was Little Mac on a Thursday.

The eight characters that have NOT been revealed via Nintendo Direct (so shown off on the site) have been reserved to Thursdays or Fridays. Whether or not that is a coincidence I don't know.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, Olimar was on a Friday. A character reveal on a Monday would be pretty nifty, though the rest of the week would probably just feel like nothing after that.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Olimar was on a Friday. A character reveal on a Monday would be pretty nifty, though the rest of the week would probably just feel like nothing after that.
That's probably why Sakurai reveals non-direct characters near the end of the week.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sakurai actually revealed a character today but nobody bothered to check the site because he never posts pictures on Sundays.
He just reached a new level of trollness.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I just hope ZSS has a better final smash this time around.
Also could enjoy to be more combo-friendly. In Brawl she was very fun to use but always seemed like she never reached her full potential.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I'm gonna guess the week out.
Monday-joke pic
Tuesday-mechanic change
Wednesday-New item
Thursday-info on an existing stage
Friday-completely random character

Boom its done. Its happening.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My predictions for this week by no particular day:

-An AT/Pokeball reveal that upsets a lot of fans (AKA a major character disconfirmation)
-A veteran
- Details on Palutena's Temple, Tomodachi Apartment, or Lumiose City.
-Throwaway pic about veteran detailing new changes to them.
-A new item.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Seems like many people are expecting a veteran reveal this week..anyone care to guess who it'll be/who you want it to be?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If we get a vet this week, I'm banking on a random. Though Yoshi's NA launch getting the shaft has actually given me some cause to think that Mario Party Island Tour might give us Wario...

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm expecting either Falco/Wolf from Starfox or maybe Ike..mainly because they only have one rep from their respective series at the moment while certain ones like Mario and Zelda already have 3+, but I guess that's no surprise?

Then again, G&W could randomly spawn..As for Ness and Captain Falcon and a few others, I feel like E3 is when they'll show up.

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
so....Will we get a picture before 5:00 A.M today? Or will today be like friday

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
There is a lack of balance! We have the wielder of the Triforce of Courage and the wielder of the Triforce of Wisdom but no power! Where is the power Sakurai?! If we don't get Ganondorf then at least give us Lord O'Donnell!...So yeah...I'd like to see Ganondorf or Wolf if you couldn't tell '-'; though any veteran would be nice, even Pichu.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Isn't St. Patrick's day an American thing? For those suggesting something would happen in that day, aren't you forgetting Sakurai is Japanese?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
This'll be the first pic in a long while that I won't stay up for, so hopefully I wake to something awesome. Personally I think we might start off with some sort of stage update again.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Isn't St. Patrick's day an American thing? For those suggesting something would happen in that day, aren't you forgetting Sakurai is Japanese?
I'm having Deja Vu from this post. Did you say the same thing about Diddy's release by chance? Idk, I'm just feeling like I've seen you or someone say the exact same thing hahaha

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I predict a game mechanic to be shown off (like the new edge guarding changes)

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Nothing says American like a holiday that is essentially one big Irish stereotype. Based upon an Irish saint. Who [supposedly] rid Ireland of snakes. Who's name is Patrick.
As American as apple pie and El Dia de los Muertos.

I predict Yoshi.

Edit: But I doubt it's celebrated outside of a few western countries.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
All I hope for this week is for the pictures to not be incredibly late. Almost 2 hours late on Friday, 3 days in a row tardy last week I think so hopefully today breaks that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
As American as apple pie and Independence Day.
Fixed. (assuming it's the context of the U.S. rather than the continent as a whole)

I'm too scared to make a prediction.

If I think Yoshi will come tonight, then he likely won't.

But if I think that Sakurai is being unpredictable again and that he's breaking the pattern, then Yoshi will be revealed and I'll hate myself.

It's always been like this for me regarding the veterans revealed on anniversaries and release dates...

-----

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Fixed. (assuming it's the context of the U.S. rather than the continent as a whole)

I'm too scared to make a prediction.

If I think Yoshi will come tonight, then he likely won't.

But if I think that Sakurai is being unpredictable again and that he's breaking the pattern, then Yoshi will be revealed and I'll hate myself.

It's always been like this for me regarding the veterans revealed on anniversaries and release dates...

-----
How did this thread suddenly turn into an anti-America forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom