• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
The pic does nothing for me because I will be getting the Wii U version, and not the 3DS version. So 3DS stages bum me out because I won't be able to play on them. Like that Lumiose City stage looks awesome, but I won't get to play it. That being said, most of the pictures shown are Wii U, so I can't complain.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The pic does nothing for me because I will be getting the Wii U version, and not the 3DS version. So 3DS stages bum me out because I won't be able to play on them. Like that Lumiose City stage looks awesome, but I won't get to play it. That being said, most of the pictures shown are Wii U, so I can't complain.
You're not getting both versions!?!?!?!

But what will you do if you have to leave the house?

I can't wait to play both - and I feel like there's going to be some sneaky interconnectivity between the two which would force some people to buy the other console.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
You're not getting both versions!?!?!?!

But what will you do if you have to leave the house?

I can't wait to play both - and I feel like there's going to be some sneaky interconnectivity between the two which would force some people to buy the other console.
Maybe one day, but I can't afford a 3DS right now! My Wii U was a gift. So when a 3DS picture shows up I look at it for like 10 seconds then move on.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
On that note, I find it funny how this went down.

5 months ago: "Wtf we don't get any/enough 3DS pics, not everyone has/is getting a Wii U"

Now: "Wtf all we get is crappy 3DS pics, where's the good home console stuff?"

I understand limitations and preferences preventing people from getting both, but I don't see why you wouldn't at least consider it down the line. We don't even have a release date pinned beyond the vague "we're aiming for this year" comment, yet people are already 100% certain what they will and won't get.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
On that note, I find it funny how this went down.

5 months ago: "Wtf we don't get any/enough 3DS pics, not everyone has/is getting a Wii U"

Now: "Wtf all we get is crappy 3DS pics, where's the good home console stuff?"

I understand limitations and preferences preventing people from getting both, but I don't see why you wouldn't at least consider it down the line. We don't even have a release date pinned beyond the vague "we're aiming for this year" comment, yet people are already 100% certain what they will and won't get.
I can't wait to see the spike in Wii U sales after MK8 and SSB4.

I agree with you, I think it's odd that people are so sure which game they'll be getting. Personally, I think that those people, after playing one version, will need to play the other because it's just so fun.

Both the 3DS's pictures and Wii U pictures interest me equally, especially now that the 3DS has Miiverse, because looking at the 3DS pictures on the 3DS really make a huge difference - even if they aren't in 3D.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I currently don't possess either systems, but I intend to eventually. I'm more interested in the Wii U version of Smash overall, but since I plan on getting a 3DS down the line, I might as well pick up Smash 3DS while I'm at it. ;)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We'll be more than halfway done with March, I think with the pace of stages and other reveals, we should expect a character no question. But honestly, I think it'll be something random like Marth, Peach, and Lucario. I really don't buy into anniversaries being the cause of reveals, so I won't even bother predicting who.
I'm hoping for Captain Falcon or Ness.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Probably because the 3DS is starting to be a bigger priority due to the Wii U version being more or less complete.

You know, development priorities and all that.
That makes sense. Strategically, releasing the Wii U version first would be the better idea, which is probably why Sakurai has been showing more Wii U pictures than 3DS ones. As the release date approaches, so does more information start to get revealed.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
That makes sense. Strategically, releasing the Wii U version first would be the better idea, which is probably why Sakurai has been showing more Wii U pictures than 3DS ones. As the release date approaches, so does more information start to get revealed.
If Nintendo were smart, they'd see that this incredibly hype-worthy game can sell Wii U's, and would sell the home console version months before the handheld to sell the console which is "failing" (I use that loosely) at the moment.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If Nintendo were smart, they'd see that this incredibly hype-worthy game can sell Wii U's, and would sell the home console version months before the handheld to sell the console which is "failing" (I use that loosely) at the moment.
Agreed. If they sell the 3DS first, a lot of people might get their fix of Smash and not rush out to buy a Wii U.

Brawl was so badly delayed in Australia that I bought an American Wii just so I could play it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I plan on getting both versions, but I do vastly prefer the Wii U pictures. It's been said many times, but you just can't capture the essence of 3DS games with still pictures, the pixelating becomes so much more obvious. I was absolutely blown away by X & Y when I finally got my hands on it, before I got it I thought it looked terrible graphics-wise and really hated that they went 3D with the main series games, but damn does it look great on the 3DS, it finally feels like I'm literally holding my Pokémon. Furthermore, the 3DS version's graphics are pretty much watered down versions of the Wii U graphics, so unless it showcases something unique to the 3DS version, like today's stage, the Wii U version simply looks better in pictures. I'm not meaning to hate, because like I said earlier I'm planning on getting both, and I really do like them when they showcase something unique to that platform, but I do prefer the daily pictures when they're Wii U screenshots.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well, since I need the Smash boxart, if the two versions are released at the same time, I'll buy the 3DS version to wait, but I'll be getting it anyways because it has better stages so far, especially Rainbow Road and Reset Bomb Forest.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So really I think next week we're gonna actually get a new character revealed
That's a lock 2 major titles are on Thursday which is the 20th

Metal gear solid 5

And mario party island tour

So yoshi has a second chance and could be when wario is revealed or snake gets rescued despite what hideo said recently about snake in ssb4

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Metal gear solid 5

So yoshi has a second chance and could be when wario is revealed or snake gets rescued despite what hideo said recently about snake in ssb4
MGS5 isn't coming to the Wii U. I really can't see Nintendo releasing Snake and advertising a game that isn't coming to their console.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
MGS5 isn't coming to the Wii U. I really can't see Nintendo releasing Snake and advertising a game that isn't coming to their console.
A few users and now me is pointing this out already

Yes metal gear solid is not coming on wii u but it does not mean he will not be revealed snake does have history due to being on a gamecube before not exactly by title by history and this is his one and possibly only chance he has of being saved now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Metal gear solid 5

Snake is done. Unless we're getting the new MGS I highly doubt he's gonna return.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Snake is done. Unless we're getting the new MGS I highly doubt he's gonna return.
It'd be a waste of the most unique moveset in the game if Snake didn't return.
They included Snake in Brawl with his MGS3 look, and MGS3 was never even released on a nintendo console.
The Snake that appeared in Brawl looked like Big Boss (who also went by Snake) who was never the main character on a nintendo console metal gear game. So we had a character who was never even playable on a nintendo console in Brawl, It's impossible to determine what Sakurai thinks is appropriate for the series.
Also, what's stopping Sakurai from including Snake anyway? I mean including Snake is a win for everybody. Is there anything legitimately preventing Snake's inclusion again?

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
They included Snake in Brawl with his MGS3 look, and MGS3 was never even released on a nintendo console. Actually it wasn't even the same Snake that appeared in any of the nintendo games but actually his father, Big Boss.
Also, what's stopping Sakurai from including Snake anyway? I mean including Snake is a win for everybody. Is there anything legitimately preventing Snake's inclusion again?
it might not be Sakurai who doesn't want him but konami or Nintendo themselves. For Eg Nintendo might not want to pay the fee for a fighter that doesn't appear on there consoles anymore.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
They included Snake in Brawl with his MGS3 look, and MGS3 was never even released on a nintendo console. Actually it wasn't even the same Snake that appeared in any of the nintendo games but actually his father, Big Boss.
A: Nintendo telling Sakurai no outright because their system is struggling and they can't afford to advertise games on other systems at this point in time.
B: Kojima's son losing interest in Smash Bros., therefore making getting Snake into Smash far less of a priority for him.
C: Konami's business plan excluding the Wii U due to disappointing sales.
D: Sakurai and Kojima planning Snake last time as a one-time deal.
E: Sakurai wanting to get another third party in and not having the time to include Snake as well as Sonic and Mega Man.

I'm sure there a few others, but those are the legitimate reasons I can come up with.

juddy96

Smash Lord
They included Snake in Brawl with his MGS3 look, and MGS3 was never even released on a nintendo console.
The Snake that appeared in Brawl looked like Big Boss (who also went by Snake) who was never the main character on a nintendo console metal gear game. So we had a character who was never even playable on a nintendo console in Brawl, It's impossible to determine what Sakurai thinks is appropriate for the series.
Is it really still the most unique moveset though? The 5 new characters we've gotten so far seem to have vastly unique movesets.

And in regards to this 3DS/Wii U stuff... I currently have a 3DS, can't afford a Wii U right now, but I can definitely appreciate pictures from both.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
A: Nintendo telling Sakurai no outright because their system is struggling and they can't afford to advertise games on other systems at this point in time.
B: Kojima's son losing his taste in videogames, therefore making getting Snake into Smash far less of a priority for him.
C: Konami's business plan excluding the Wii U due to the industry ganging up on Nintendo.
D: Sakurai and Kojima planning Snake last time as a one-time deal.
E: Sakurai wanting to get another third party in and not having the time to include Snake as well as Sonic and Mega Man.

I'm sure there a few others, but those are the legitimate reasons I can come up with.
Fixed, although I would change Snake for Layton any time.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't even have a Wii U and probably won't have one for awhile. Like "this time next year" awhile.

So yeah, I'll be getting the 3DS version for now.

Well, unless I catch a lucky break when Sonic Boom comes out and I manage to snag a Wii U for cheap. Then I'll get both.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Fixed, although I would change Snake for Layton any time.
Well, it's more of an assumption to assume that his son gave up on video games in general. A lot of people switch to "hardcore-only" gaming for at least some time in their lives.

(And I personally think that the Wii U wouldn't be in as bad a spot if Nintendo had actually advertised and named it something besides something relating to the Wii. Seriously, how have their people not picked up on the fact that every one of their systems that they name after another system sells more poorly than the original? It's not that difficult to notice.)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Please tell me your not the one on Miiverse who always asks for Ganbare Goemon on every post.
...No. I love the series, but I don't see him getting into the game.
I'm not an 11 year old with internet access, y'know. I actually put thought into this stuff.

But seriously though, goemon is awesome.

I'm actually not. The N64 game was a big part of my late childhood/pre teen years. I didn't understand a thing about the game, and I loved it.
I have both n64 Goemon american ports and they have unlimited replay value for me. I'm not exaggerating at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom