• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LSC2 Event #1: HOBO 39: FULL RESULTS ARE UP! INFINITY ALMOST BREAKS MAHARBA'S FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
thread title should be changed to maharba almost breaks infinity's face

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Congrats on winning, Trela!

Espy is such a top player. It's amazing how he always places extremely well with a flawed character.

omg @ Jerm winning doubles with toon link! congrats! and 9th in singles is really good too!

who beat pj that he got 17th? lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro, all that's left is for you to beat MiniFox and icecream, then you may be allowed to fight me, Texas' Protector, The... One... And... Only...

ALL-POWERFUL KIRBY!!

Shake in your lesboots ya nerd
Ive already admitted id lose to MiniFox. You cant fathom how ******** hard olimar vs samus is.

As for IceCream and You? I guarantee i will win just like i guaranteed i would beat your minions (psycho and rave).

who beat pj that he got 17th? lol
megafox (fox) beat him. i dont know who did him in losers

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Xyro, the icons for Zelda don't work lol. I mean, I know she doesn't get much love to start with, but ;x

Shoutouts:

Xyro: Thank you for coming back and hosting this. You did a fine job as always. I know you totally love us and will host more, amirite?

Sync: Was great seeing you again, though we couldn't talk much. I need to go to your house more often to play friendlies lol

Kilik: Fun teaming with your Sheik - I honestly think you put in more work than I did. 9th place isn't bad considering it was our first time teaming with each other. I definitely wouldn't mind teaming with you again ^^

Tesh: Had a blast in mid tier doubles with you, and all of Zelda's spring shenanigans. NAYRU'S LOVE INFINITE ON SPRING TO UP AIR KILL FTW. Man I wish we could have saved that. You also did awesome in general, and I noticed you've improved a lot in your Singles gameplay. Good stuff.

Jerm: Had fun fighting your Zelda in both singles and doubles. You have potential, just gotta work on expanding her gameplay more. Enjoyed teaching you more stuff about her too, such as Love Jumping and Nair Canceling (I always end up teaching Zeldas something lol). I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with Zelda as you go, and keep up with Toon Link too.

Illmatic/Mahabra: Was cool talking/playing with you guys. I didn't expect to beat you guys with Kilik tbh, but then again, this tournament surprised me a lot in how it turned out. Wouldn't mind teaming with either of you sometime, if you don't mind teaming with a handicapped character.

Mr.Doom: For destroying me in singles with his Marth. I have a mental block in that MU, but good stuff. I hope to play you again someday and make your little tiara prince's life a bit more difficult. xD

And to everyone else: Good stuff, had a great time! Thanks to the people who let me borrow their controllers for my games. I could have sworn I brought mine with me. I unplugged it from my wii this morning, but I was so distracted that I left it at my couch <.<

Xyro77

the new SWF still hasnt fixed certain character icons. ones like :ness2: :falco: and :zelda: are broke while :samus2: :link2: and :diddy: work. its dumb but they are working on it.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Titanfox beat me and doubles rage got to me...;_:

Had a good talk with jerm/gnes about going into the match ready to camp ****** instead of trying to be that sword ass ***** using tl since it wont get me far in the end.
Infinity was out of line. Flipping your **** because someone said"I'm stealing that" was way out of line.

Xyro77

Regardless of the situation, if someone asks you to stop, you should stop. it was obvious it bothered him.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
it's a SMASH tournament - EXPECT it. imagine m2k vs salem with a dead silent crowd
there's nothing against it in the rules and i'm pretty sure infinity has dished out some minor trash talk himself a few times here and there as well

and it was nice seeing you, mocha! great job beating both my teams lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Noise
Cancelling
Headphones

Large volume, no voices in your head

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
LOL, I just found infinity to be a hypocrite when he has trashed me himself in my sets against denti, then gets all butthurt cause of Maharba trash talk? Pretty low imo. I doubt he was mad at maharba anyways or even at brawl, but seriously, even if u had issues in your life, dont bring them to a videogame tournament, that **** is unneeded here, pls do everyone a favour next time and stay home,and also obv control your temper, otherwise I have no clue how you're going make it far in REAL LIFE, or even at your workplace LOL, i mean it clearly didn't even get you far in a super smash brothers brawl tournament for the nintendo wii, so I hope this was a learning experience at the very least.

Yeah xyro I agree, maharba coulda had stopped, it woulda been polite for him to do so, however it is not against the rules, and the way infinity was acting about it didn't help out either, his tone was also pretty ****ty, then getting up in someone's face like that cause videogame trash talk? LOL what a ****ing joke.

But yeah w/e just Sugar coat infinity's actions, pft yeah.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Like dphat lives in dallas.....dphat will trash talk to you in a friendly lmao.

All im saying is dallas needs to relax.

Denti i don't understand why you get mad when people cheer against you. We have nothing again you as a person, but we hate olimar. I guarantee you 9 times out of ten the crowd is gonna go for the not olimar. I remember in kansas you got mad at me because i cheered for mjg why would i root for olimar over my brother? At waba i literally told seibrik before you played him(you were sitting next him about to start the match) Hey denti good luck hey siebrik you suck and you're going to get bodied. And you proceeded to body him true? No one likes olimar or wants to watch him, no one wants to watch people 0-100 olimars and still lose because you just threw pikmin and ran from them till you caught back up, so when you play of course the crowds gonna be swayed more to the other player.

And at first it wasn't trash talk. Maharjar literally said "I'm stealing that" and inf flipped so maharzar being the maharrar he is kept it going.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, don't take trash talk to a personal level -_-, I respect everyone as people at the end of the day. Yeah we can have lil rivalries and everything, and have fun with competition but nothing personal over a videogame pls.

MJG

Smash Hero
Like dphat lives in dallas.....dphat will trash talk to you in a friendly lmao.

All im saying is dallas needs to relax.

Denti i don't understand why you get mad when people cheer against you. We have nothing again you as a person, but we hate olimar. I guarantee you 9 times out of ten the crowd is gonna go for the not olimar. I remember in kansas you got mad at me because i cheered for mjg why would i root for olimar over my brother? At waba i literally told seibrik before you played him(you were sitting next him about to start the match) Hey denti good luck hey siebrik you suck and you're going to get bodied. And you proceeded to body him true? No one likes olimar or wants to watch him, no one wants to watch people 0-100 olimars and still lose because you just threw pikmin and ran from them till you caught back up, so when you play of course the crowds gonna be swayed more to the other player.

And at first it wasn't trash talk. Maharjar literally said "I'm stealing that" and inf flipped so maharzar being the maharrar he is kept it going.
lmao im glad I came back on SWF to read this thread

<3 pj

Good stuff Jerm.

Xyro77

I already explained that trash talk is perfectly legal and a part of competitive anything. That is not the issue. The issue is when some one asks u to stop and then the TO asks you to stop, f-ing stop. If you choose not to at that point, it then becomes something beyond trash talk and then you are asking for more severe consequences. You are really lucky Infinity decided not to throw down. Mirror shield can't save u in that instance.

Asa

Smash Hero
Denti, I love you, you're my olimar brother. I was cheering for you against espy! However I'm a Houston boy so I'm gonna cheer for Houston when they play against you. When you're out of state, I'll cheer the **** out of you bro. We love u so don't worry about trash talk

dainty PLS

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
You're denti's SUPAH BOY ^, cheer for him in every situation LOL! You'd cheer for denti even if he was playing against you XD lol.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I beat PJ in losers. I don't think you taken a set off me :). If you want to settle it for all...

PJ 20 dollar MM best of 5 at Lone Star Championships? Lets get a semi hype MM going.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That noob Bomber used that scrubby character those guys ShadowPJ and Jerm use. What was he called again? Toon Link or something? Tehe.

ggs to all the people I played.

I was happy to see so many TLs came out to play, but then I remembered **** happens when TLs come together. Ha ha.

Thanks Xyro for an awesome tourny. I hope you can give us the honor this summer and send some Texans our way for Smashcon.

The Moirai Way

Smash Cadet
I would of paid money to see Infinity rage. Im going to need Infinity and Marhabarhfafhacarcar to come to the San Antonio tournament so I can instigate and see for my self.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hope you enjoyed my pt, bomber :3
I did, but still needs a lot of work though. At one point I was able to play on that level but sadly not anymore, BUT I know for sure if I ever get a fire of passion started for PT again, I'm coming after your ass so watch yourself man. GG's all the same and next time we meet, we are teaming up. Our team was legit. Falco-Zelda god tier.

Edit: We still have those bogus replays right? Can we get them uploaded?

BlinkIV

Avenger
Fun trip for my first HOBO, interesting experience. Gg's to everyone I played, especially in the P:M brackets. It was also nice to see a lot of you again.

Noh

Smash Rookie
This tournament was fun and intense! The weather was awesome, a fight almost broke out, friendlies were good, and I thank those who gave me tips to improve my game. Even though I got bodied in singles I had a blast and the venue's food was great, even the free food. Looks like I have a lot of training to do for the future LSC tournaments. Not sure if I can make all of them but I will be at the WHOBO fo sho!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I'm interested in bracket images as well. Didn't think we did that bad in doubles...

Xyro I demand rematches, I am not very happy with how I did against ya.

Hype tournament though, granted trying to leave downtown was a ***** and a half. Who the **** closes two lanes of downtown traffic on a saturday night for construction?

Top Bottom