• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn from SK92's Falco here.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
The biggest thing in Falco dittos is to NOT GET GRABBED at less than 30%. I took a stock and a half off of SK92 just by using a lot of mindgames, spamming my jab/roll away and staying in the air and using phantasm when I needed to.

Even with a perfect tech on the edge, a free 50% against Falco, esp with Falco's ability to edgeguard/juggle Falco (lol) can really **** you up.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Woaaaah Those Chaingrabs 2 Pivot grabs are too ****ing sexy ****... SK92 is too good

Blad01

Smash Lord
NO DON'T MAKE ANY VIDS OF THAT p_q

That must be stay secret, or the other Falco (who don't go much on Smashboards) will know it too :'(

wangston

Smash Lord
I think we need to delete or edit every post about it. If it got out the world of ssbb as we know it would change completely. Keep it on the down low. Tell no one. haha

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think we need to delete or edit every post about it. If it got out the world of ssbb as we know it would change completely. Keep it on the down low. Tell no one. haha
There's this thing called advancing the metagame. >_>

Still, it would put falco mainers at a new disadvantage, having their ace in the whole taken from them. >_>

wangston

Smash Lord
Well what if i told the Ike boards since I play him
Not to be a traitor or anything.
This man fights for his friends. I'm pretty sure people would have figured this out eventually, there have been many times when I spike people with any character and they DI towards they stage and they hit of the bottom, it doesn't stage spike them but it's obvious they hit the stage. So it's basically putting 2 and 2 together.

OverLade

Smash Hero
i shouldve kept it secret.
Im sorta wishing you had, but it's only a small drawback for falco players. Most of the characters you can easily CG to spike you can beat fine without it.

The only thing that is gonna annoy once this gets out is snake players lol.

And I had a falco beastmode moment yesterday. I was playing this marth player who goes somewhat even with my falco (I usually 2 stock or 1 stock low percent him). We played a ranked match at PnT and I went balistic and 3 stocked him at 150%, no spikes, one gimp. I was just reading everything, reverse grabbing him out of rolls, Reverse Fsmashes, and not getting hit. We played a friendly afterward and I couldn't emulate it. He got me down to 1 stock 90%. It was pretty woah.

Im hoping I can tap that during a more important match.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well, that conforts me in the idea that Falco is gonna be (very) high tier, but not top tier.

That's a good thing imo :p

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind giving out the secrets of falco and etc. Just because you here doesn't mean that you could pull it off in an actuall match from pivot grabs, falco illusion extension, and teching the vertical part of the stage from a falco spike. It takes time and practice.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I don't mind giving out the secrets of falco and etc. Just because you here doesn't mean that you could pull it off in an actuall match from pivot grabs, falco illusion extension, and teching the vertical part of the stage from a falco spike. It takes time and practice.
falco illusion extention ? you can make it longer ?
i can never see how this tech thing is done due to the fact that im the only falco in hackney (brawl).

wangston

Smash Lord
Do you mean extending like when you cancel it's length in the air and you go further from the momentum or is there some other trick that you're not telling us?

SK92

Smash Journeyman
Anybody can be like this with the right dedication and practice, and having their mind set to be good, and be the best. That can really help.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
i know my man! thanks, i've been trying to keep my head up, it's just that there are so many good brawl players in my area that i dont know how to beat, i see myself training for this game for a very long time and hope to get better and better, it's incredible how much room to grow you have in this game compared to the other

SK92

Smash Journeyman
i know my man! thanks, i've been trying to keep my head up, it's just that there are so many good brawl players in my area that i dont know how to beat, i see myself training for this game for a very long time and hope to get better and better, it's incredible how much room to grow you have in this game compared to the other
just keep playing the harder players and learn their style and keep your head up, i started out from meele losing to my fellow vegas smashers untill i became the best in vegas months lator in 2007, then when brawl came out i was a scrub in april 2008, i just kept practicing with dedication and heart, and now im the best brawler in Nevada. Practice is the main thing to do.

SK92, What do you suggest for practice by yourself? I have absolutly no one to play against in my current location, so I am stuck with this for now.

My current style for solo practice has been standard battles rules & stages against lv 7 cpu. I heard something about best practice against lv1 or something along those lines, but find timing of my combos are really thrown off and make more mistakes. I play better the more I get into a match, which against a lv1.... I do not really get into it.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
SK92, What do you suggest for practice by yourself? I have absolutly no one to play against in my current location, so I am stuck with this for now.

My current style for solo practice has been standard battles rules & stages against lv 7 cpu. I heard something about best practice against lv1 or something along those lines, but find timing of my combos are really thrown off and make more mistakes. I play better the more I get into a match, which against a lv1.... I do not really get into it.
yeah i was wondering too, how do you practice?
Practice your combos in training mode, never practice against a moving computer because thats not really helpful. I practice by going to my vegas weekly tournaments every week and i win every week haha. But its always good to practice in training mode against a standing still computer to practice your combos and stuff. I go in practice mode everyday to make sure my pivot grabs are good and my falco illusion cancel to extend and to make it shorter for the mindgames. Another way to get good is play people that are much better than you.

Practice your combos in training mode, never practice against a moving computer because thats not really helpful. I practice by going to my vegas weekly tournaments every week and i win every week haha. But its always good to practice in training mode against a standing still computer to practice your combos and stuff. I go in practice mode everyday to make sure my pivot grabs are good and my falco illusion cancel to extend and to make it shorter for the mindgames. Another way to get good is play people that are much better than you.
For training mode, what should the CPU lv be at?

How about some ideas for practicing other aspects of gameplay? Getting the idea of proper spacing does not seem really possible against a standing target. Even if I put the Cpu to run, walk or jump they still do not act like a human player. Teching is also another thing I have had troubles timing.

I am asking all this because as I said earlier I have no one to play against on a regular basis, so I am trying to make the best of what the game has.

Kasper!

Smash Lord

How about some ideas for practicing other aspects of gameplay? Getting the idea of proper spacing does not seem really possible against a standing target. Even if I put the Cpu to run, walk or jump they still do not act like a human player. Teching is also another thing I have had troubles timing.

I am asking all this because as I said earlier I have no one to play against on a regular basis, so I am trying to make the best of what the game has.

if your going to follow sk92's advice, then you wont need to care really about the LV of the computer if they are standing still. im not sure how you would be able to practice teching, but i would try practicing l cancelling in melee if you have that and use that in brawl when a tech opportunity occurs.

for spacing well i would suggest you learn the distance of your ftilt, and then i think spacing will come naturally but ima not sure if what helped me would help you. so good luck XD:chuckle:

OverLade

Smash Hero

You can practice teching by trying to C4 infinite yourself with snake under the stage. Funny, but it works.

And you still practice spacing against a standing opponent, just not the same way you would vs. a human player. Try a late SHbair on your opponent, and when land you should not within your opponents grab range.

Blue_Bomber

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming lvl 9, if only because their reactions are perfect. Let's you know whether or not something you're doing is actually escapable.

Then again if you're just practicing technical stuff like Phantasm cancel and RBPG then i guess it doesn't matter.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
oh yeah cpu level plz?!
Like Blue Bomber said, depends what your working on. If your working on Chain Grab, and stuff like that, than you'd go for Level 9. If your working on SHL/SHDL, Short Phantasms, etc than it doesn't matter really.

Top Bottom