• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn from SK92's Falco here.

Sky`

Smash Lord
That matchup is NOT 70-30 falco's favor. I swear its more like 50-50. Falco's reflector really doesn't stop diddy from being ******** with bananas.

SK92 vs. Ninjalink Money match plox. :p

That'd be black on black crime though lol.

edit: And Pivot grabbing took me like a month to master. Now I can do it online in any connection.
Ninjarlink is black? Eh...

I am too. Odd.

Anywho, SK92 is a m a z i n g.

But is there a better falco in the US?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Ninjarlink is black? Eh...

I am too. Odd.

Anywho, SK92 is a m a z i n g.

But is there a better falco in the US?
there isnt many to begin with. Theres just Sethlon SK92(WC) and D1(EC) that placed high with him.

and do u say Ninjarlink just so i wont catch u namedropping me or something lol

ur weird >_<

Sky`

Smash Lord
there isnt many to begin with. Theres just Sethlon SK92(WC) and D1(EC) that placed high with him.

and do u say Ninjarlink just so i wont catch u namedropping me or something lol

ur weird >_<
No, I just think Ninjarlink is a good nickname for you.

OverLade

Smash Hero
falco can CG diddy like nearly all of FD and still dair without u bein able to do anything. Falco stops all approachs. Lasers. Jabs. Nonsense. I did find a way around all that though................ *winkwink*
I still don't think that makes it 70/30. Diddy has answers to all of Falcos ground game, and has superior airgame. Even getting Diddy up to kill percent doesn't mean you'll be able to kill him, as Falco has trouble killing as it is, and Diddy defense + Banana is better than falcos laggy reflector. A surprise sliding Usmash is really all you have to kill Diddy with. A smart diddy can go even with Falco, bananas or not IMO.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
haha im back pivot grab yeah u can master it in training mode but then it does take time and discipline to master it in battle and etc.

wangston

Smash Lord
What are your thoughts on falco's "pillar" on people who can't be chain grabbed normally? Dthrow, dair, fastfall, and repeat. Do you implement this at all in your gameplay.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Heh, I can do pivot grabs every single time in training, but I screw it up a lot in actual fights. It's pretty annoying.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
SK, do you have any control settings on your GCN? Or the default?

Like, as to changing your buttons to different moves. And do you play with Tap Jump On, or Off?

Just checkin'.. <__<

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Seriously? ****, you must got some quick-*** hands. If your able to perform the Phantasm Stall, and IAP.

I play with Tap Jump on to.

When's the next tournament you going to bro?

J4pu

Smash Champion
Seriously? ****, you must got some quick-*** hands. If your able to perform the Phantasm Stall, and IAP.

I play with Tap Jump on to.

When's the next tournament you going to bro?
Well IAP your hands have to be quick if you want to use normal settings but Phantasm stall (I'm assuming that means phantasm cancel) doesn't take fast fingers, just timing, it's not even that hard once you practice it regularly in matches.
Although I guess I'm only great at canceling the near full length.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Leave Tap Jump on
Upsmash out of shield is very useful
I think Hyphen smashes are easier with tap jump off just using the butten.

You just slide your thumb from X to A as you tilt the control stick. Easy to charge and everything.

But I play Metaknight to so I hate tap jump lol.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Question for SK: How was it playing against Ken @ Evo? What did you think of his style? Was he a particularly difficult opponent? (rhetorical)

kismet2

Smash Ace
Well IAP your hands have to be quick if you want to use normal settings but Phantasm stall (I'm assuming that means phantasm cancel) doesn't take fast fingers, just timing, it's not even that hard once you practice it regularly in matches.
Although I guess I'm only great at canceling the near full length.
The phantasm stall is similar to the Fire Bird Stall(these were better in melee), but yeah the phantasm stall is how the name sounds you're ledge stalling with the phantasm.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
when i played ken with items honestly, that whole match was a joke, without items the outcome would've been much different. And the phantom cancel takes timing only figure out your owm method for the timing like i did to master it 99.9 percent of the time.

J4pu

Smash Champion
The phantasm stall is similar to the Fire Bird Stall(these were better in melee), but yeah the phantasm stall is how the name sounds you're ledge stalling with the phantasm.
ah, I misunderstood, that does require some fast fingers but as SK92 said once you get it down it isn't hard anymore

OverLade

Smash Hero
when i played ken with items honestly, that whole match was a joke, without items the outcome would've been much different. And the phantom cancel takes timing only figure out your owm method for the timing like i did to master it 99.9 percent of the time.
Speaking of this.

What do you think of the Falco vs. Marth Matchup? I saw some of your matches with DannyKat, but they were rather old. How do you feel about it now?

I honestly never felt that Falco had that much of a disadvantage, like 45-55, but what do you think?

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
Great work. I've been studying your vids. for a while now and I hope to be as good as you one day. Keep up the good work and send in more vids. =D

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Speaking of this.

What do you think of the Falco vs. Marth Matchup? I saw some of your matches with DannyKat, but they were rather old. How do you feel about it now?

I honestly never felt that Falco had that much of a disadvantage, like 45-55, but what do you think?
Marth has a reasonable advantage over Falco. Falco's main % adds against Marth need to be lasers and chaingrab, as well as jab and D-air pokes to keep Marth from just all out assaulting him. Falco can KO, gimp and punish Marth fairly well, but not as well as more physical/high priority characters like Meta and DK.

On the flipside, Marth can punish almost everything Falco does with an Up-B out of shield and in many cases a Side B or grab, both of which run 10-15 free percent. Falco needs to therefore camp a bit, mindgame a lot, and not be silly.

As far as edgeguarding goes, Marth can interrupt your sideB with a strong variety of attacks, same as in Melee, and if he can fair you right, he'll force an up-B recovery (which should mean that you're dead). He can also kill at percents as low as 70 with bad DI and a tipper.

60-40 Marth sounds good. What says SK92?

SK92

Smash Journeyman
defensive marths are my weakness. Im all agressive with a combination of mindgames and all out experience to get my win. Dannykat is the best marth that i've ever played in my life. We still go back and forth to this day i think, and i think hes second best in Las Vegas, while i stand best in Vegas. But the marth to falco matchup, i think its about even.

OverLade

Smash Hero
woot you rock SK92, but i think you've underestimated Ken. no offense.
How can someone underestimate ken?

There were items falling all over the place during the match. You really can't comment on somebody that much better than you's judgement. >_>

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
defensive marths are my weakness. Im all agressive with a combination of mindgames and all out experience to get my win. Dannykat is the best marth that i've ever played in my life. We still go back and forth to this day i think, and i think hes second best in Las Vegas, while i stand best in Vegas. But the marth to falco matchup, i think its about even.
The marth boards don't think so. every time you say that the match up is even, you get your @$$ flamed by half the cast.

i personally think that the match up is even. im with you.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
sk92 continue dominating with falco in the states while i attempt to dominate in the uk. Ive started of good, coming 2nd in my first brawl tournament, all i need to practice is phantasm cancelling. Wish me luck!!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
how do you slide grab. idk what its called.. boost throw? boost pivot grab? o.0 anyways can u please tell me what the name is and how its done? thx

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Boost pivot grab is pretty easy, actually. Start up your dash animation, and as soon as you've taken one step, turn the control stick around quickly, and press A + R at the same time, like you were doing a shield grab. If you time it right, you should turn around, slide across the ground and do a grab.

Check Din Peregrine's guide for more info.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Boost pivot grab is pretty easy, actually. Start up your dash animation, and as soon as you've taken one step, turn the control stick around quickly, and press A + Z at the same time, like you were doing a shield grab. If you time it right, you should turn around, slide across the ground and do a grab.

Check Din Peregrine's guide for more info.
u dont have to shield right? and does z come before a like in a Motor slide or snake dash down c would come slightly first.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
For the boost pivot grab, you can either cancel a Dash Attack or your shield. I use the dash attack and get it about 95% even on wifi.

Dash forward +C-Down, back Z or back R+A
Dash forward, back+R+A (I think)

wangston

Smash Lord
Dash forward, A, back and Z. I use that and it almost feels like I'm doing a jump cancel grab like in melee. Some times a accidentally hit Y and do a jump.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Pivot grabbing is easiest if you use Left on the C stick. Not, down on the C stick, and Not A.

Left works best, because your thumbs will be moving in the same, or opposite directions, depending on which way you're pivoting. They'll naturally sync to each other, and you'll be able to do it much more consistently.

Left on C stick, pivot control stick, plus Z.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Pivot grabbing is easiest if you use Left on the C stick. Not, down on the C stick, and Not A.

Left works best, because your thumbs will be moving in the same, or opposite directions, depending on which way you're pivoting. They'll naturally sync to each other, and you'll be able to do it much more consistently.

wow ive never thought of that! *goes to try it now* lol

Denzi

Smash Master

I originally was told to do it this way, but for some reason I find the Back -> R+A method much easier.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I originally was told to do it this way, but for some reason I find the Back -> R+A method much easier.
I can pivot correctly like 95% of the time even online after practicing it with this way (C stick left). I'd recommend giving the C stick method a try, because I find it to be extremely easy once mastered.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I can pivot correctly like 95% of the time even online after practicing it with this way (C stick left). I'd recommend giving the C stick method a try, because I find it to be extremely easy once mastered.
well...it took like 10 minutes (interrupted by random posting on SWF) but i think i kinda get the hang of it now.

Top Bottom